Royal Tenerife Country Club

Value: 8.5/10
Location: 7.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Royal Tenerife Country Club

1 2 3 »
Not bad, could be better, worth a stay

"I can only rate the resort as average due to staying in dated accommodation where the furniture and bathrooms were tired looking. We had ants in the kitchen and small cockroaches at night. These were dealt with by the insect spray provided by the resort management. Surprisingly there were renovations going on in peak season when the resorts own website stated they were meant to happen in autumn time, so at times it felt like we were on a building site. We found both food restaurants to be good. Watching the plants land was fun. It can be quite windy but that's nice in the summer heat. You need a car as there is no beach nearby, I'd recommend auto Reisen. Best thing about the resort is there are no sun bed wars, which is really nice."

• Holiday details: Aug 2013, Booked Independently
  • Advice: try and get a renovated room. hire a car
by berniath

Nice Stay without the Ant & Termites!

"The staff was VERY nice and helpful. We arrived to ants in the kitchen the first night then on the third and only night there were termites making a train around the bathroom door jam. We did not witness it again the next night though. I believe it was because it rained the next two days. However, we reported it to the staff and they immediately moved us to another apartment. that apartment also had ants but not as bad. On a side note...Neil was awesome!! Great tour guide for the resort. I truly loved the pool bar's bolognese and my children loved the pizza. My daughter especially loved their ribs. Regardless of the ant/termite problem we experienced in our apartment, I'd recommend this resort. The main restaurants were about a 10 minute walk through a very nice area. Go out the resort and turn left, down the hill, make second left, then first right and you'll run right into them. I did care too much for Gulliver's. Guess you have to enjoy seafood that much. The Italian and cChinese restaurants were pretty good. BTW...I agree with one of the reviews concerning the on-site restaurant's management. The restaurant is not affiliated with the resort and YES, the management/server seemed to have a chip on his shoulder."

by booti6968

Quiet, but Excellent

"We had a week here, two couples in a two bedroomed apartment. The facilities there were excellent. The main bedroom had an ensuite bathroom complete with corner jacuzzi bath, two sinks and hand shower. The main bedroom (really big) had a flat screen television. Second bedroom had two twin beds, ample hanging and storage space. A lounge/dining room (huge again) with 3 pce suite, dining suite, flat screen TV, led into a fitted kitchen with dishwasher, full size fridge freezer and a small space outside for an airer.

Patio doords led out onto the terrace, (more of a garden really) with built in BBQ and table and chairs.

The place was excellent, with childrens swimming pool and lazy river type adult pool, also a separate heated (26degs) pool. The whole area was immaculate, spotlessly clean.

The reception staff were excellent and knowledgeable.

The pool side bar served good meals both evening and lunchtime with entertainment (bingo!!! and quizzes!!!!! during the day).

A gym, squash and tennis courts, pool tables, WiFi, lending library, etc etc.

There is a bus stop outside with buses to most of the island (it is a long way to the main resorts).

Most evenings we walked a 20minute walk downhill to San Blas square where there are numerous restaurants, pleasant entertainment (easy listening).

All in all a really good place to stay if you want a really quiet undisturbed holiday with plenty of peace and quiet.

People have complained about it being in the flight path of the airport, but we found it not to be a problem and certainly after about 11.00pm never heard anything until 9.00 am or so. Rooms are really quiet. Gardens are extensive and immaculate.

by des

Totally chilled out week

"If you are looking for somewhere to unwind, spend some quality time with the family, then this is the place for you. Not much to do locally, and unless you like walking you would need a car. We went to totally chill out, and it was the perfect place to do it. Not much of a supermarket on site, okay for the basics though. The El Inti on site pool bar/restaurant was excellent, good tasty food, and reasonably priced. We already knew it was on a flight path, but we are used to that, and it didn't really bother us, they don't land too early, and don't come in too late at night, so it was okay for us. I normally suffer with Mosquito bites, but didn't get any here, which surprised me as it's situated on a Golf course. Our apartment was lovely, and catered for everything we needed, and more. Really comfy beds, which I find important, nothing worse than suffering a bad nights sleep every night on your hols. Would definitely stay there again."

by UkGilbert

Relaxing and great value for money!

"When we booked our trip we were more than aware that Golf del Sur is not the most exciting place in the world and that the resort was situated under the airport's runway flight path.

However, we booked our trip to have a relaxing break from our very busy work schedules and we were certainly not disappointed! Our villa was large, clean and very pleasant, complete with a large jacuzzi and a private sun-filled garden!

The swimming pool was very clean and surprisingly not very busy! We were also delighted to be able to use the tennis court free of charge and the hotel supplied rackets and balls.

We were within easy reach of the main 'Mercadona' supermarket just up the highway. We self-catered and I was very surprised to have a holiday where I came back with money in my pocket! Self-catering at the local supermarkets, rather than in Netto in San Blas, presents great value for money!

Overall a non-exciting but extremely relaxing week in the sun! Brilliant!

by jeremycat

No Such Thing as a Free Lunch!!

"Accommodation was OK but dated. Villa was full of ants. We could not leave food anywhere. No air conditioning (important in the summer)Weather was always windy and seemingly it is windy all year round in Golf du Sur. This resort is definitely not 5 star. The reception area is very 2 star. We are used to Marriott Vacation Clubs but this place is a million miles away. I found the staff patronising. My biggest gripe was having to pay for so many things which you would normally expect to be included. e.g., If you want a towel by the pool you must pay €7. you pay €15 for a car parking space per week, €15 to use the safe in your room per week. etc., etc. I would compare it more to a 2 star Thomas Cook or Thompson apartment complex. There was no WOW factor, no real welcome or no feeling of genuine hospitality. I know this readfs as if I am having a good moan but I was just very dissapointed primarily because I had read some very good reviews on trip advisor."

by SMUGGIE

We went on this holiday with the...

"We went on this holiday with the inlaws who have points with diamond. The resort itself was very good, the apartment was of a very good size with a shower room, en suite bathroom, with jacuzzi, kitchen and a dining area. this apartment was not one of the refurbished apartments, but was in very good condition. The staff were all very helpful and the rooms were cleaned daily. The resort itself had everything you needed - three pools, a shop (although there is a netto in San Blas which is only a short walk away), car hire (could get alot cheaper in the UK), pool bar, cafe, gym and play area. just a quick note the resturant, Bacchus, had shut down . I was a little disappointed with the pool bar, el inti, after reading other reviews about it. the barbq night was ok but alittle overpriced, and because of the great reviews posted here we went to the peruvian night on the last day and I was very disappointed with this, the first course was shredded chicken in a creamy sauce and this was different and very nice, the second course was strips of steak cooked with onions and served with chips, and the dessert was creme caramel. small portions and not exactly something different which is what I was expecting. also there was only the owner behind the bar and whilst this had been fine the rest of the week he could not keep up with the demand.

This resort is ideal for golfers, parents with older childern (mine are 3 and 9 and were too young for the events organised) and anyone who just wants to spend allday around the pool. With younger children there is not enough to keep them amused on the resort or in San Blas. If you like to get out and see the sights this resort is good for this a it is not far from the motorway.

Overall we had a good holiday here and the resort is very good, but probably not the best place for our needs.

by M Glanville

Very British

"This resort is clean, friendly and well run with excellent reception staff. It is child friendly with a lovely pool and some children's activities run by the animator. Accommodation is of good standard and many appartments have very good views. It makes for a relaxing holiday with a supermarket on site and a adequate poolside restaurant.

It is ideal if you want to be abroad and live Britain: bingo at 5.00pm, Karaoke one night a week, Sunday special of Roast Beef and Yorkshire Pudding. The nearest restaurants/shops are 20 minutes walk away in San Blass which again was disappointingly British (Curry houses, chinese, Italian, Steak Houses all heavily touting for business as you walk by. However, we did find one fabulous Spanish restaurant: Los Abrigos - super food and great service.

Would I go back? No. What is wrong with going abroad to enjoy that country's culture rather than taking your own?

by sharingviews

We stayed in this complex for one...

"We stayed in this complex for one week and loved every minute of it. The reception staff where very helpfull and friendly. The welcome meeting again was nice and friendly

and we booked a day at the aqualand park which was great and the dolphins and their trainers were amazing.We also had a day of golfing for me and my ten year old at the adjoining course where we hired everything required but the only snag was they did not have a junior set of clubs for hire and he tried a ladies set but it was not too successful. we only managed nine holes before he gave up but i would have liked to do the 18. The rest of the holiday was spent at the pool through the day and in the evening we went to the square at San Blas which is a ten minute walk down and back up. Their is entertainment every night whilst you have your meal and about ten or twelve restuarants to choose from. The only bad food we had was at the sports bar at the upper section and we only went there to watch the football. The apartment we had was great with all mod cons jacuzzi,dishwasher,microwave,flatscreen TV,huge bed and two toilets. The balcony had two loungers and a table and chairs and a lovely view of the airport which after a while you forget it is there. The pool bar staff were great (Jose the elder gentleman was lovely but the younger boy did not smile much) and the food and drink was excellent. There is also a pool guard who walks about all day checking that things are okay. The main pool is fantastic and my son was never out of it. There is also a smaller childrens pool which is great and some of the water activity organised by the entertainment guy (Alex) is done there. There is not much entertainment, just daily quizes and bingo if you like that sort of thing. The on site resturant is Bacchus but this has been closed but the food at the pool is all thats required.There is another place just outside the complex adjacent to the front door (Cafe Med) where the food was nice but the staff were quite abrupt but i spoke to other people who had eaten there and they had no complaints so we might have got him on a bad day. There is also a supermarket on site which was very handy and had everything you might need. There is also a gym and laundry in the basement. We used the laundry but not the gym. There is also security guards who sit at the entrance to the complex every night and we always had a chat with Luis who was really nice and helpful. This is an ideal holiday to relax and is more suited to couples or families, it's definitely not for those looking for wild nights. We did not hire a car and walked everywhere but that might not suit everyone.

by F McGurk

Excellent Resort for chilling out and spending family time

"We stayed via an exchange through RCI, we travelled from Bournemouth with Palmair who were excellent, we also hired a car through Record cars - crap service had to wait ages in airport on way out and in office on return. We had a two bed room villa for a week. The accommodation was excellent, was in need of updating in a few areas - however there was a refurbishment programme underway. The reception staff were excellent, very helpful. The previous reviews were very helpful. We were self catering so didn't eat in the resort restaurants and bars - we either cooked on the barbecue provided or went out for food. We went to San Blas a couple of times - its a bit like a mini Britain - loads of bars all on top of each other with entertainment all of the evening- ok if you like that sort of thing. Hair dressers JAzz was great for my wife . We ate a couple of times in a small Italian restaurant at the bottom of the golf del sur on the one way system - excellent food, as was the Tapas restaurant nearby. The resort is just off the flight path for Tenerife South - most of the week the planes were landing and the nose was not very distracting - once every hour or 30 mins sometimes. when the wind changed and the planes took off towards the resort then the noise was worse - but would not put us off staying there again, no sleepless nights. The pools were great and the bar in the centre of the pools was excellent for drinks and snacks - didn't get a chance to try the peruvian food though. Overall a great place to stay 4/5"

by Simon-Jean

Not a lot to do here

"The accomodation is superb, the pool great but the aircraft noise is awful as it is under the approach path for the southern airport.

The resort is nearby the San Blas shopping area which has decent and cheap restaurants.

A strange feature I found was the fact that the flies bite here and I have no idea why!! They look the same as any other ordinary fly but they seemed to like the taste of me.... [----] things! So you might guess that I will not be returning. Another resort nearby does not suffer this way which makes it even stranger that the RTCC has this problem.

by Steve_Hornchurch

Excellent standard of accommodation...

"Excellent standard of accommodation and facilities. Would definitely visit the resort again. Car hire is a must however in order to see the surrounding areas. Played the golf course which was in great condition."

by MI ADAMS

1 2 3 »

Map for Royal Tenerife Country Club Closest airport: Tenerife South Reina Sofia (TFS) 2.7 miles