Flamingo Benidorm

Service: 7.5/10
Food: 6.5/10
Value: 7.5/10
Location: 7.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Flamingo Benidorm

1 2 311 »
Disgusting

"Can't begin to tell you how bad this place was plastic cups for drinking.

Bedrooms were falling down with rusty bathroom taps falling off and rusty radiator s

Holes in walls and dirty bedding with worn mattress and plastic sheets falling apart

We paid £600 pound for one week and another £400 to get out of here

Thompsons are ripping people off here as this building is not fit for human ha habitat.

• Holiday details: Feb 2014, booked with Thomson
  • Advice: Do not go
by Mazabennett

disgusting food

"My wife and I booked for three weeks over the Christmas holidays,the standard of food was of a very poor quality and cold,we pre-booked our Christmas lunch well in advance only to be put in a small room at the far end of the restaurant facing a blank wall,finding a seat was almost impossible as they were reserved from the early morning by the same group of people by putting articles of clothing on chairs even if they were going out for the day,after the second week we booked into a different hotel at great expense.all in all a complete waste of money,will never stay there again."

• Holiday details: Dec 2013, Booked Independently
  • Advice: take your own food
by jim guest

great hotel

"This was are second time here still great after 6 years.Clean friendly and food great.It is value for money and would suit all ages,There is something for everyone in Benidorm.I can only say people who have moaned about this hotel would complain were ever they were."

by Angela H

What a waste of money.

"We have just returned from 10 days at this hotel, with my husband and daughter (17). We had been to this hotel before 6 years ago and loved it, and we couldnt wait to return, what a mistake. On the plus sideThe maids were brilliant and the reception staff was very helpful. Thats all I can say on the positives. The hotel is full of thiefs and we never once felt safe, in the hotel, round the pool or in the rooms, we always felt on edge. The bar staff was so rude and basically threw the drinks at you, they said only 2 drinks per band, yet bigger bulkier people got 3-5. The pool was horrific, someone poo'd in the pool and they removed it yet didnt get anyone out of the pool!!! People was entering the hotel and getting free food and stealing things, the security was beyond poor. The food was average, if you are on a diet or a special diet DO NOT GO HERE!!! they just have fatty foods, every single day and night they had fries!!! The desserts had flies on them!!! Entertainment during the day and night was SHOCKING!!! They made no effort what so ever to get people involved, they had a childrens disco at 9oclock at night!! We had 8 quizzes in 10 nights. They did the same things each night, they did not put any effort in what so ever, poor and lazy. When we asked our rep something they said they would get back to us with all the details yet they never returned to help us with our problem. We got sick of the entertainment so one night we went down town!!! WHAT A BIG MISTAKE!!! it was like the film "taken" there was prostitutes everywhere and people trying to steal things! We did not feel safe throughout this holiday. The alcohol was gassy and they used cheap products! We will not be returning to this hotel or benidorm ever again, it has gone down hill so much and will end up running into the ground if something is not done. WHAT A COMPLETE WASTE OF MONEY. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY HERE, YOU WILL BE DISSAPOINTED."

by Karen H

Absolutely Fantastic!!!!!!!!

"Just returned from 2weeks All Inclusive with my husband and two children (15 & 11) and we all loved it.

Can't fault this hotel at all. The rooms are very basic but are cleaned daily and so are absolutely spotless, as is the rest of the hotel. The food is varied, including themed nights (indian, mexican...) and of a high standard. The staff are extremely helpful and very friendly and all speak excellent english. The entertainment both day and night is fantastic and suits all ages. There are plenty of sunbeds and plenty of room around the pool to sunbathe.

It was my daughters 11th birthday while we were there and the staff arranged a birthday cake for her (with a bottle of champers for mum & dad thrown in too!)

The hotel is situated on a bit of a hill (but its not too steep!), and is a 10 minute walk from Levante beach and all the bars/nightlife so although its close enough to the busy bars/clubs, its also far enough away so its not too noisy or rowdy.

I would strongly recommend this hotel to anybody planning a holiday to Benidorm, and I would definitely go back there myself!

• Holiday details: Aug 2012, booked with Thomas Cook
by Kathy E

Brilliant.

"We have been going to this hotel for the past 15 years, it's brilliant, rooms and hotel are spotless maid service every morning and the food in the restaurant is really good. There are themed nights in the restaurant Mexican,Chinese ETC, Bar service is good, nice friendly staff. This place is great for families, been taking my 13 year old soon since he was 1 year and he's never had a bad holiday. i would recommend this place to anyone with children especially young children. LOVE IT, can't wait next holiday is in 3 days time!!!"

• Holiday details: Aug 2012, booked with Thomas Cook
by Jake123456

no complaining!!

"rooms were very standard but clean tidy and well presented... maid service was outstanding!

entertainment was brilliant kids disco every night and something different each night open the box, karaoke, magic shows etc.

food was simple but edible could do with a bit more choice but lots of different things breakfast was brilliant.

we took our 11 month old little boy no trouble rowdiness etc round the pool he loved it!

overall brilliant hotel for money, beautiful weather friendly staff!

reading the reviews before i went i was worried but be at ease and let the hotel judge u its self :) xx

• Holiday details: Jul 2012, Booked Independently
  • Advice: the main strip/square! entertainment for all!
by natalie.burley

Flamingo Benidorm

"Just got back from our 8 day stay at the flamingo benidorm. We had a brilliant time, I can't fault this hotel, the rooms are standard but clean (which is all im bothered about) the food was okay but could of been better. Staff very friendly and helpful, Enjoyed the entertainment. It was well varied for all the different people there something for the elderly, the families and the youngsters. The pool was clean and poolside bar brilliant. Sunbeds could have been comfier. A few stag/hen do's but nothing to rowdy. The walk to shops, beach and strip wasnt far at all. We enjoyed our stay so much we are planning on returning twice next year! I would 100% recommend to all :)"

by lovelife12

Marion and Peter

"Just come back from a stay in the flamingo benidorm. We found it very good value for money. very clean and staff very friendly. The food was varied and very nice. There was a chinese night a mexican night and a indian night. On each of these nights there was still a good selection of english food ie beef and mushroom pie with flacky pastry, shepards pie etc. Even though I am not a fish lover the fish dishes always looked good. As with all hotel entertainment the staff did thier best to entertain. There was bingo on a couple of times a week and open the box a couple of times a week. They had the usual magicians etc on.

The hotel is set back well away from the sea front. The broucher states 800 meters from sea front, but I would say it is further than that. It is also downhill which means up hill coming back. This did not bother us as we are both fit and healthy. There are plenty of bars on route to the beach so you can always stop for a rest and a drink.

We went out evernight into the town where the entertainment is fantastic. you can find a nice quite bar or a bar with entertainment. The choice is varied.

The hotel as a mobility chair hire which seems to be compulsary in benidorm. You can hire quite cheaply from the resort. The hotel as a mobility scooter charge up area, but beware if you hav,nt hired from the hotel you wont be allowed to charge the batteries.

On the whole of things we had a brilliant holiday with no complaints at all.

by marion hall

Fantastic all inclusive value.

"Stayed here on a deal offered locally, possibly to attract more Spanish guests. I stayed midweek for an incredible €30/night ALL INCLUSIVE! I could not fault the hotel and the food variety, choice and quality was excellent. Also the AI pricing included spirits as well as beer and wine. You may be roomed at the sister hotel 100m along the road, as I was. OK, so I had to walk down the road to eat but the plus side was that my hotel was away from all the entertainment but still had its own friendly bar. I was also surprised to find a small kitchenette in my room with fridge/freezer, hob kettle and toaster and a small lounge area with sofa and TV.

The beach was about a 10 minute stroll past every variety of bar, restaurant and club but apart from curiosity and the desire for a touristy beer on the seafront I mainly stayed in the hotel complex.

Please be aware that this particular deal may only be advertised locally and may not be generally available, however I would still recommend the hotel. Parents of small children should check the available facilities before booking as, for example, there are a lot of concrete steps down to the pool area.

• Holiday details: Mar 2011, Booked Independently
by Delboy49

great value for money

"just got back from a week at the flamingo. it is centrally located in lavante but 800 meters back from beach. about 15 min walk. the rooms were spacious with separate bedroom but plumbing needs updating. plenty of sunbeds but you need to get your brolly by about 9am. the food was the best i have had at a 3*. english sausages,roast beef, roast pork, and theme nights. bar staff were fast and friendly. entertainment for children in the evenings and usually a quiz. went out later so missed some of it.25 floors in all we were on 20th. good views of pool and sea.if you dont like heights go for lower one. can get a bit noisy round the pool weekends with the stags and hens but security was good. reasonably quiet after midnight. would recommend this hotel for value."

• Holiday details: Jul 2012, Booked Independently
  • Advice: recommend a higher room.
by Robert S

value for money.

"hi, i have just returned from a week all inclusive in this hotel,its my 2nd year there, i was with an all male stag party and found this hotel very nice clean and with efficient friendly staff,Laura one of the 2 entertainment staff was very profesional. it was situated in a quieter part of Benidorm but it was an under 5 Euro cab ride to the noisy square( club and show bar area) or less than 10 Euros to old Benidorm, quaint little streets restaurants and bars. the hotel rooms are ok but getting a little worn maybe in need of a revamp in the near future. this time of year it was a lot of stag and hen paties maybe a little noisy at times but all behaved in a reasonal way.plenty of food and drink available from 10 am till midnight and a good choice at meal times.i would go back with the boys but would'nt rush with my family at this time of year. on the whole good value for money a great time had.also the weather was lovely."

• Holiday details: May 2012, booked with Thomson
by Paul B

1 2 311 »

Map for Flamingo Benidorm Closest airport: Alicante (ALC) 30.3 miles

Flamingo Benidorm photos (3 traveller photos)
Top traveller tips for Flamingo Benidorm
  • by Carly Oliver

" Guinness bar on sea front "

• by Kev from Leeds

" The Yorkshire pride and the Celtic bars - Great fun all night long "

• by jothatsme!

" great value for a 3 star hotel "

• by Paul Barker

" look at fliers to see whos where and when, theres a show for everyone bur remember if you see a show the drinks in that establishment will be a little more expensive although most are free entry. "

• by Delboy49

" I gave my poor overworked waitress a small tip, which greatly surprised her but I was assured of attentive service ever after. "

• by Jake123456

" RELAX!!!! if you have kids, take them to the water park Aqualandia And the zoo Terra Natura both great trips. "