Oasis Dunas Aparthotel

Location: 8.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Oasis Dunas Aparthotel

1 2 313 »
our stay in these apartments 22/06/2014

"Hi we stayed in these apartments as a family of 6 adults,1 bedroom apt and 2 bedroom apt,clean when we got there,went self catering,in the 11 nights we were there we only had the sheets changed once in the 2 bed and my daughter who was in the 1 bedroom had no changes of sheets,when the cleaner came in to clean she asked if she could have clean sheets put on the beds the cleaner said ok so they went to the pool area,when she got back to here room,the sheets had not been changed,the towels were only changed about 6 times,the cleaning only took about 2 minutes to do because it was only done quickly,it was a disgrace,you had to pay for the tv only 4 English speaking channels,the surrounding areas were dirty,its been our worst parts we have been in,so please be aware,this is not a fauls statement"

• Holiday details: Jun 2014, booked with Thomas Cook
  • Advice: get up in the morning and visit the local area
by Rob J

Fantastic will return

"I was a little nervous after reading some reviews, I went alone with my 11 year old daughter for a week, we had an AMAZING holiday, rooms a little dated (but very clean and all you need for your stay). we stayed half board great selection of foods for both sittings, the Thompson entertainment team were FANTASTIC and worked hard to keep you entertained day and night which they did, 3 large pools and a baby one. we went to Lanzerote on a day trip and Oasis park is a must (this was great my daughter was buzzing she went on a camel, stroked a snake and aligater held a parrot and had a seal walk past (close enough to touch). Water park across the road, close to shops and beaches, all in all amazing, Would defiantly go back (for 2 weeks next time), my daughter cried her little heart out when we left, so IGNORE negative comments"

• Holiday details: Aug 2012, Booked Independently
by Donna E

loved it

"This was our best holiday ever. Room couldnt have been better. pools were fantastic, food excellent, entertainment good. kids loved it here. cant wait to go back again"

• Holiday details: Jun 2011, booked with Thomas Cook
by Linda M

i loved it.....

"iv been twice to fuerteventura staying both times in corralejo both times, i loved this appartment complex, the staff were very freindly going out of there way to help you in any way thay can, the childrens entertainment was fantastic, the entertainment at the evening was great diffrent shows every night, the food was lovely and plentyfull, we loved everything !, we love it that much were going on the 14th april 2012, cant wait !!!!! :)"

• Holiday details: Apr 2011, booked with Thomson
  • Advice: to hire a car and see everything its awesome island
by Shaz S

Brillinat Holday!!!

"I have been to this hotel before in September 2007 and returned for 2 weeks again September 2011.

Allot of cosmetic work has been done to this property, they have cleaned up the pools, put more plants around the grounds and we all felt that work and money had been invested into this hotel.

We stayed half board this time and the food i found was really good one day and not as good the next and it seemed to be like this for the two weeks. There was always a good selection of foods to choose from, my 6 year old ate well (and healthy) every day and we older ones couldnt really find much to complain about, the odd day the food was cold, but i found if i waited a few mins fresh food was put out which was piping hot.

The rooms have a small but functional kitchen and the beds were comfy enough. The maids came round every other day to tidy round, change the towels and bed linin. But i felt that the standard of the rooms where good for the hotel rating.

The Kids World reps couldnt do enough for the children, i had a 5 & 6 year old in our party and whilst my youngest son didnt want to go to Kids Club my grandson went and he loved it. Team Annie Apple, Tony and Jenny are all lovely people and genuinely wanted you to enjoy your holiday.

The Entertainers were fab!!! Steve, Chantelle, Charlie and Kim were amazing. They worked really hard to make our stay as fun as possible and took my older children out clubbing which by all accounts was fun!

The Groovy 70's themed day meant that the Ent Team had to dress up and i have never laughed so much at the sight of them in dodgy 70's outfits. They loved it and played up to any banter you could chuck at them, and took some back. All in good fun I might add!

Our stay was brilliant, the shopping center which is located 200 yards from the hotel had a Zara and other clothing stores which i loved...

The town its self is lovely and i am told the beach is amazing, but we didnt go so i cant actually comment myself.

Some of the guests complained whilst we were there, a man i got talking to was really upset about his room, but when i asked him if he had been asked to be moved to another room he said he hadnt. As the hotel was far from full when we was there (only 48 guests for two of the days we were there) i felt that he was complaining for the sake of complaining.

I have read allot of poor reports on this hotel and i would like to say that for what you are paying to visit this hotel it is value for money.

If you want 5* then pay for a 5* hotel somewhere else, as this property is spot on for the money and we are looking at booking another cheeky week there in April!

• Holiday details: Sep 2011, Half Board, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Lots to do locally or a great place to chill and sun soak!
by Uncle Woody

Very Good

"We stayed at the Oasis Dunas apartments last week July first week of August 2011. Having been a few times we decided to book the flights and the room privately from one of the owners rather than go direct with Thompsons etc which was a much better idea, we found it much cheaper and the apartment was a much higher standard than we have had before.

We spoke to other people on the complex and to be honest their main gripe were the state of the rooms the complex itself is very nice the restaurant could do with being a bit more varied but we ate out most nights. Also having young children at times during the day it was nice to be able to watch the TV which was free with the apartment. I must admit I think its a cheek that you are charged for the use of the TV or fans when you book with a holiday company. Overall though Oasis Dunas is a nice place to stay we have never had any problems with the staff often i think people take their attitude with them even on holiday.

• Holiday details: Jul 2011, Room Only, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Book a room privately with owners rather than Oasis Dunas
by Stevo

What You See Is What You Get For Your Money (Great Time)

"We wanted a budget holiday and simply put we got what we expected for our money and in some sense we were more than satisfied. We went half board purely for the reason that eating out is expensive. The food is OK and there were different dishes every night. Yes there was the chips out every night but there was also plenty of healthier food to eat especially as my Wife really only likes healthy food. This applied for breakfast too.

It makes us laugh when people put negative comments about foreign holidays and stuff about cochroaches etc. Err, Hello you are in a foriegn country which means yes you will find lots of odd creepy crawlies.

Anyway that was just a jibe to say expect odd things on your holiday; it's not the same as your home in England.

We found the appartments more than adequate and spacious. Only negative is that you have to pay for TV; however as we were on holiday we took the choice not to have the TV on and it was great.

Enjoyed the pool dips during the 39dc we were having during our 10 night break. Something we dont often do is relax on holiday but we were determined to do it this time and I am glad we did. Enjoyed doing the daily quiz by the pool. Kept the brain cogs ticking over.

I could go on all day explaining the pros and cons but it only leaves me to say that if you want the all singing and dancing holiday accomodation and the 5 star nuts and bolts to go with it then may I suggest people stay at 5 star resorts.

This is a 3 star hotel and you get what you pay for; and we were more than happy with the break. Go with an open mind.

We have done the 5 star specials and quite frankly I would choose the Oasis Dunas rather than booking a 5 star resort.

Hope this helps satisfies those who are unsure about the Oasis Dunas especially with the level of negative feed back that has been put on the web about this resort.

Enjoy your stay and please just go with an open mind.

Darren and Vaness Lehan.

• Holiday details: Oct 2011, Half Board, booked with Direct Holidays
by Lehans

awful

"stayed 11 nts in sept, greeted by cockroach,rooms dirty,went self catering but could not use equipment, plugs not safe,room was hotter than out side did not sleep the whole time we was here,did find the pool area quite nice but that was all that was good.had holiday reps arguing with life guards,entertainment pretty poor.advise anyone going here,eat out,spend your time on beach or sand dunes and enjoy the island and spend as little time in complex.would never stay here again and spoke to enough people that felt the same."

• Holiday details: Sep 2011, self catering, booked with Thomson
  • Advice: close it down
by shell

fab holiday

"dnt be put of by the bad reviews this was my first holiday abroad me my hubby & 3 kids 18,17,14 we all loved it the pools are clean plenty of sunbeds pools are big they are sea water thats the only problem the rooms was nice so i cant understand why people moaning i had ground floor apartment and we did not suffer with cockroaches or ants cleaners are always around every other day the water park is absolute fab had great time will deffo go back & the sand dunes are to die for plenty of shops lots of english resturants"

• Holiday details: Jul 2011, Room Only, Booked Independently
by shellz

rubbish

"Stayed jun 2 weeks. Awful staff extremely rude and surly. Poolside bar staff rude. Dont expect to get your drinks with yr meal they expect u to queue again she tells u to get out of her face. Rooom terrible son had to sleep on the floor sofa bed broken towels like rags shsheets only cleaned 1time beds dirty mattresses mum bitten by bed bugs. Too hot to sleep no air con. Pools very good. food horrendous. Always cold dining room crap reminded me of butlins crockery always dirty disgusting. When u complain they go off in a strop. Chef who frys eggs always tutting under his breath the only good food was the jelly. As for the state of the place digusting dirty tables and floor like a bomb site. 2euro for 250ml btl of water what a take down. as for getting into breakfast rubbish all over the complex after the pub and entertainment the night before disgraceful. An army of maids trying to clean it all up. Should be done long before 8am when the diner opens. Maintainance work done twice in our room without our knowlege came back to mess all in my sandals and all over the worktop. The maid was crap we still had the same moth on the floor until we left. Had to put out our own rubbish. Patio very dirty never cleaned dont sit on the chairs without wiping them down. Cats a nuisance one jumped on my head in the miidle of the night. Scared me to death. I would not recomend this holiday to anyone."

• Holiday details: Jun 2011, HALF BOARD, booked with First Choice
by SOPHIDOG

Thought it was going to be terrible, but we had a great time!

"When I read some of the reviews I thought we were heading for a bad time staying here. But as a family this hotel was clean and tidy, the staff were great and the pools and gardens were lovely. The food was fine and so was the quality. There was entertainment every night of our two week stay in july/august 2011. This hotel is great for families and is a 3 min. walk into town and 10 mins to beach. The only niggle we had were the beds - not very comfortable. The rooms are quite basic but we were out all day. We stayed on a half board basis and I have a family of difficult eaters, but there was enough choice. It is a 3 key standard hotel and value for money and the kids clubs are great and the waterpark is just across the road!! Will recommend."

• Holiday details: Jul 2011, half board, booked with Thomas Cook
  • Advice: Use the kids club and the hotel entertainment. Go on some of the island"s excursions eg. buggy safari, oasis park, water park.
by wavewatcher

noisy, noisy and noisy

"We have just returned from this accommodation and to be honest I wouldn't recommend it to anyone unless they like noise. We had a ground floor room by the busy road and we didn't get any peace. The walls are paper thin. You can hear people in the next room having a conversation without even shouting. From the room upstairs you can hear a pin dropping. The road noise was horrendous. The room was very very basic and quite poor for self catering. All rooms are set up this way whether you go all inclusive or not. Two hobs are barely enough. I have scored it a 2 because we did get a new kettle the same evening and the cleaning staff were very good. But I must agree with the other reviews rubbish wasn't emptied every day. Our 2 year old daughter even complained about the noise of the road.

On a positive there was a children's park in the complex and a kiddies paddling pool so that was a plus. Across the road is a very good water park which is recommended.

by unhappy unas

1 2 313 »

Map for Oasis Dunas Aparthotel Closest airport: Fuerteventura (FUE) 18.6 miles

Top traveller tips for Oasis Dunas Aparthotel
  • by JenK_PL9

" Favourite restaurant - Wakiki "

• by jemowe

" jandia beach, sand dunes, glass bottom boat trip.. "

• by jojo

" A great place for a family holiday "

• by a fellow traveller

" Waterpark fab, bars in town centre are fab, glass bottom boat trip a must do..... "

• by Lehans

" Just enjoy your stay and enjoy the relaxing which is what holidays are about "

• by Linda Mortimer

" just enjoy, if you go to oasis park zoo, have a camel ride brilliant. water park is free if you stay here "