Savita Resort & Spa

Location: 7.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Savita Resort & Spa

1 2 35 »
5 star isn't UK 5 star

"Overall had a good holiday at the Savita. The staff were absolutely lovely, so friendly and very helpful. Not sure how they make this a 5 star even by Egyptian standards, maybe due to the location,pool area and wonderful staff. The room/bathroom was very spacious with fabulous sea views, BUT in need of some tlc The beach and pool sun bed cushions were in desperate need of replacing. The food was ok and plenty of it. "You will never go hungry" I would not return again to this particular hotel. Tip: do tip the staff, they will be quick to serve your drinks etc, and they well deserve it. Was bitten to death by the mozzies so take preventative action, not that it worked for me :( You do get what you pay for, ie, the holiday flights at Xmas were a lot more than average, this took a big chunk of the costs, the remainder was a bargain. December 2012"."

• Holiday details: Dec 2012, booked with Super Escapes
by karen 1

Good Hotel spoiled by too many guests from Oligarchland

"Good service in every department, very clean though I did not like the chamber man knocking on my door at 11pm to tell me the earlier tip I had left was not enough! Also had a shirt go missing? The main problem for Brits here is putting up with rude bad mannered guests from a very large Eastern country. Food good, made friends with some lively Brits, Germans, French and Poles. So all being said the holiday ticked a lot of boxes, the swimming off the reef was magical, the pool area is great and the sea view from the rooms is superb.

I now check to see if people from Oligarch-land use particular hotels before I book any room, such was my dislike!

• Holiday details: Nov 2008, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Learn some Russian! Things like "I was waiting here first" or "get off of my foot" Im sure the Oligarchs must have words for please and thank you, though in Egypt they forget to use pleasantries!
by billscorfu22

A week of fun, fun fun!!!!

"Firstly...There is no plus to the review rating!!! coz i would give them a 12+

On arriving to the hotel, we were greeted with a nice glass of orange and a lovely smile..nothing was too much trouble..we were given a room number and on entering the room we were pleasently suprised at how spaceous and clean it was with the most wonderful view of the Red Sea.

We went down straight away for evening meal, which was plentiful, enough for any picky eater, the choice was fab...and then down to the beach for a dance or too!! the entertainment was ok..it's what u make it lol.

Next morning we went down to the pool where we met two lovely pool attendents called Yasser and Saad..take note if your going there!! they are special!! they made sure every morning our sunbeds were waiting with towels and nothing was too much trouble, but not forgetting any other member of staff, coz they were all brill.

A buffet was available every day by the pool, limited but nice,something for everyone..

There was a great amount of water sports to do, my friend tried the water skiing and parascending, along with a speed boat ride..I have to say the guys down there were great fun!

The hotel is slightly out on a limb,2mins walk to Soho Square over bumby camel track but great fun..there you will find fabulous shops, free entertainment and a great curry,ti, chinese,italian restaurant which served fab food. The prices were not so expensive as other reviewers have said, I found it reasonable.

All in all, we had the best holiday ever..never stopped laughing..so much so we are off there again next sat!! God help em lol!!!!!

• Holiday details: Apr 2012, booked with Thomas Cook
  • Advice: Take a thermal cup for your beers, as they get hot very quickly..
by Sharon D

Savita Resort and Spa, Sharm El Sheikh.

"On arrival to the reception I was greeted with an orange juice as I checked in.. This was the amazingly kind and friendly greeting that began a week of being treated so nicely and considerately by the staff at the Savita.

The room was large and clean and had everything needed, the hairdryer did not work but after ringing reception, literally within 5 minutes three men arrived to fix it. Nothing was too much trouble for them.

The food in the dining room is good, maybe a little repetitive, but sine and you can go and have a meal outside in Soho Square for a change.

The pool area is vast and there are four bars , so always one within no distance from your sun lounger. Each morning our beds were waiting, ready for us.

I had a full body massage alongside the pool area and I have to say if you do nothing else , have a massage.. it was brilliant..

I water skiied and had a speed boat ride and paraglided... all done very professionally, but with a joke and a laugh along the way..

Soho Square is a beautiful, purpose built shopping and entertainment area, and it is a five minute walk from the Savita Hotel. Here you would find anything you want.. even an ice skating rink!!

So, after reading some bad reviews prior to my visit, I didn't know what to expect, but always speak as you find for yourself and I caan honestly say it was one of my best holidays ever...

People mentioned the Russians being rude, well maybe they are, but it does not effect you and that is an insignificant part of a very amazing holiday to the Savita. I say, if you cannot enjoy yourself here, then you have got a problem...

go and have a good holiday, I wish I could go back tomorrow....

• Holiday details: Apr 2012, booked with Thomas Cook
  • Advice: Make friends with the staff and they will treat you like a king..
by Mark P

matt&rita

"Stayed at this hotel March 2011.Food ,wide variety of choice,waiters very friendly and attentive.Room was big and kept spotless daily,impressive sea view.Excellent pool and the poolside attendants looked after you.Right on the beach with short walk to edge of coral.You will not be dissapointed with snorkeling.Dolphins visited early one morning.They swam up to Coral`s edge,cause of great excitement.Entertainment at night was ok.Got a great deal to go back again in April,this time it was 2 weeks almost for the same price as 1.Enjoyed this hotel for a relaxing waterfront experience.The square was a 10 minute walk if you enjoy the comforts of a British pub."

by cheeryscots

Girls on Holiday....

"i have had the time of life, the place wa s amazing the staff couldnt do enough, met some great people, so clean there, couldnt fault the place, honestly, im booking again, next week and in october, and all my friend i met there, were all having a reunion, love it, and you will trust me x"

• Holiday details: Mar 2011, All Inclusive, Booked Independently
  • Advice: you must go its brillaint
  • Good For: Beach, Skiing
by dollar

Mixed reviews

"I have just got back from a week in the SaVita Resort and Spa in Sharks Bay. I went with 2 other friends (all female) and we had a lovely time.

Please note that if you are blonde you seem to be hassled much more by Egyptian guys when you are off the resort.

Upon first appearances the hotel was lovely and a very warm welcome at reception. The room had 2 single beds - this is the first time we have been in a hotel and not had to have a pull out bed.

There were both positive and negative aspects to our holiday, which I have outlined below. I hope this gives you an informed decision as to whether you visit this hotel or not.

Positives:

3 proper beds in a triple room (No fights over the put-me-up bed)

The hotel is very clean and we were always seeing cleaners around mopping everything

The pool is a lovely temperature and big enough during peak season

Diving/snorkelling off the coral reef is great

Staff are very helpful and friendly

Negatives:

The food is plentiful but nothing amazing by any means

We had dinner in the Chinese restaurant at the hotel - It was not particularly nice. We much prefered the Italian restaurant

You have to be at the pool by 7:30am each morning to get a sunbed by the pool

There were loads of Russians who were rude and abrupt. (They seem to think they own the place)

The evening entertainment is not much to be desired. However if you have an open mind and see it as an 'entertaining' show then you will have a few laughs

During our stay we did wander over to the new 'Soho Square' with its cosmopolitan shops, ice bar and the 'Queen Vic' pub. It is a lovely place to visit however prices are similar to that of London.

All in all a great holiday. However if I go back to Egypt I would probably go to Naama Bay which is the centre of Sharm el Sheik or perhaps somewhere nearer the Pyramids/Nile and do more tourist excursions.

Sharm is a purpose built tourist area and if you want to see the real Egypt this is not te place.

All in all a thoroughly enjoyable holiday.

by WellyBeanMimi

worst holiday ever.

"very dissappointed holiday all round food and drink very poor .had severe diarroea and stomach cramps for 12 days been under doctor, since been home in england.now been diaganosed with giardia lamblia which can be in your body up to several weeks."

• Holiday details: May 2010, All Inclusive, Booked Independently
  • Advice: wouldnt recommend
by valandy

Good and Bad................

"Just got back frorm this hotel, right here we go...Hotel gorgeous, very clean, staff helpful, we had room overlooking the sea that was lovely. Water and Fish in the sea lovely, no beach just 3 jetty's. Food not good very european(only went to breakfast once), 3 of us went and we all had tummy bugs(bad cramps and runs) which apparently comes from the money and door handles not the food(not sure about that though), i had mine for 6 days and also came back with it even after taking tablets. You have to go to the dotors as what you take from England does not work. Loads of Russians(over 60%) and can be very ignorant. Airport close but didn't cause a problem. You can not walk out of the hotel as there is a pack of wild dogs which we did see so felt very isolated unless you got a taxi as there is nothing within walking distance, entetainment really bad infact it was very boring at night as there was one show at ten and only bars to sitand talk...Would i go back NO, wasn't the worst hotel i have stayed in but food, entertainment and tummy bugs did put us off, out of 7 people there only one was not ill. I have known many people go to Egypt but never has Tummy bugs been mentioned before. I am not a moaner about holidays and normally very tolerant so am just saying it as it is...Good and Bad..........."

• Holiday details: May 2010, All Inclusive, Booked Independently
by Amethyst

Happily Surprised!

"After seeing some dubious reviews both my husband and I were happily surprised by this hotel. So much so that I have already booked to go again in June with my children.

We had 4 more days than we booked due to the volcano ash, the hotel looked after us fantastically.

Positives:

Our room was large and looked newly refurbished, our bathroom could have done with a bit of a spruce up but was immaculately clean with constant hot water, large fluffy bath towels and toiletries. Bottled water was left daily to use with the kettle, tea and coffee provided.

Our 2nd floor room had a large balcony overlooking the pool with a stunning sea view.

The main restaurant was large and airy, the food was plentiful with pasta, eggs, carvery, outside BBQ and fish stations. I am a bit fussy but never went hungry. At lunch time there was a help your self buffet at the pool snack bar.

The staff are some of the best and most friendly we have ever encountered and we have travelled around the world for many years, this was the case whether we tipped or not.

The swimming pool is beautifully set out and big enough for everyone to find a spot to swim. The gardens are well tended and attractive.

The terraced beach areas have plenty of beds and umbrellas which lead down to 2 short pontoons over the coral. We thought the snorkelling was fabulous and we have snorkelled in the Maldives and the Great Barrier reef.

Negatives:

Yes, there are a lot of guests from the Eastern block countries some of whom are rude and greedy but don't label the majority because of the minority, this is not fair as rudeness and greediness also applied to some Italians and English guests.

All in all we had a great holiday and we look forward to staying at the Savita again.

• Holiday details: Apr 2010, All Inclusive, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Fabulous staff and snorkelling.
by Wendy H

Think again before booking

"Pushed into this Hotel by Virgin Cruises after they stated that I would have to sign a disclaimer if i wanted to stay at the first Hotel they sold me the Royal Sharm Plaza. Very short transfer as you are right behind the main takeoff runway. The perimeter of the airport was some 500yards from the Hotel. Pushed into the Annex which was due for refurbishment, hence when complained about the shower, not having hot water or when it came it was brown in coulour, told it was 'Kaput'.Would not allow room change. Witnessed plastic throwaway cups being reused from the bins, birds pecking at food in the dining room, water from tap being used to top up drinks machines, pushing and shoving in the dining area and bars by our new East European frinds, and locals on holiday. Staff not responsive unless you held a coin in your hand. The tour companies are only offering this Hotel as they are getting it very cheap. Public areas are spacious and clean. Entertainment did not exist and not much security about. Unable to get down to the waters edge as you either have to struggle down a bank or go on uneven steps and have to go out on a floating jetty to get into the water. Anyone with mobility problems avoid, oh and you are between two working building sites with pile drivers going all day, which our tour company did not tell us about, and they quote ABTA guidlines at you when you make a complaint yet do not adhere to them."

• Holiday details: Feb 2010, All Inclusive, booked with Virgin
  • Advice: Go somewhere else
by MAZZO

FANTASTIC HOLIDAY RESORT!!

"Me and a couple of my girlfriends went to The Savita last year and i cannot fault any of it!!

Please do not listen to some of the comments posted they are always over the top and not untrue!

We arrived at the hotel and the staff were fantastic... We were showed up to our room and we had heard alot about giving tips to the staff and we proceeded to do so but the member of staff was having none of it and left us be without taking a tip at all! The attitude of the staff are exactly the same towards you with or without tips!

The resort was amazingly clean never a bit of cleaning done without fail! The food was okay if your not a major food critic!? Im not a fussy person at all and there was always lots of stuff to choose from every night so i was easily pleased!

Beach is fantastic... pool is amazing... staff around the pool and beach area are always smiling and the views from all areas of the resort are beautiful.

• Holiday details: Oct 2009, All Inclusive, booked with Thomson
  • Advice: Loved Sharm El Sheikh booked another holiday at the same resort this year =]
  • Good For: Beach, City Breaks
by Kimbo

1 2 35 »

Map for Savita Resort & Spa Closest airport: Sharm El Sheikh (SSH) 1.9 miles

Savita Resort & Spa photos (5 traveller photos)