Hotel Ambassador Playa

Food: 7.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Hotel Ambassador Playa

1 2 36 »
best hotel we have ever stayed at in 30years of travling to spain

"Everything about this hotel is fabulous and the food is exceptional,we had the best stay in a hotel by far from the moment we arrived to the time we unfortunately had to depart, the rooms,the staff,the entertainment, the pool and sunbeds, we could go on forever, we have traveled to Spain for 30 years and can honestly say this was the best.... looking very forward to going back again in September.. cos the location couldn't be better.. thank you ambassador 1 see you in September for another holiday ... cant wait gracious"

• Holiday details: May 2014, booked with Thomson
  • Advice: great location .. for you need to do
by Christine S

fabulous

"Have stayed in this hotel 7 times & love it everything is clean & friendly just come back on 25th May & will be back in September . bathroom is big enough to take a shower cubicle so this would be a bonus if like me you have trouble using a bath."

• Holiday details: May 2014, Booked Independently
by evaron1378

not Mobility friendly

"We have been going to Benidorm for years and whilst living in Spain the last seven years we go on average for a long week-end twice a year mainly out of season

This time ten of us went from 21st. February to 24th.

We decided to stay in the Hotel Ambassador playa 11

It started off bad and went down hill

My wife is one of the persons who actually does need to use a mobility scooter

And what we do prior to leaving is phone up easy hire the mobility scooter specialists in Benidorm to have them deliver to the hotel we are staying at a scooter ,true to form it arrived at the arraigned time

Now all the other hotels we have stayed in have a parking place in or close by to the entrance lobby so whilst booking in we asked its location but where told you can’t park it in here

So what do we do we asked reception said I will ask the manager and came back saying you can park in the car park and will cost €15 euros as we had no alternative we paid up and where given another plastic card key and told its location (go out the front turn right travel what seemed like half a mile turn right again travel a quarter of a mile then do a right and then another half mile the gate only opened once without the need to call reception all the time we were at this hotel

When parked in one of the bays my wife had to get back to reception ,whilst this was only a short distance it had been set out as an assault course where the lights came on only when you passed the location of the sensor and the floor had a mixture of steps and ramps (not handicap friendly one bit)

When my wife parked the scooter out front of the hotel true to say a few hours they had the cheek to slap a ticket on it saying they will remove it

If you look at their photos in their advert they show 2 scooters parked outside front door

The room was booked requesting a handicap friendly room getting to the room we noted it had a bath so we asked for a room with shower only to be told the hotel had no rooms with a shower

The bath had a shower over and the water temperature was not consistent and whilst under would go from correct to cold and then to scolding

• Holiday details: Feb 2014, Booked Independently
  • Advice: sack the manager
by colint

Fabulous Hotel

"This hotel cannot be faulted, it is clean. The bedrooms are cleaned every day and clean towells every day. The food choice is fantastic and there is hot desserts every day yipee. The staff are very accommodating and they all speak good English.

Seriously I would recommend this hotel to anybody. It is in the centre of Levanti side and convenient for all shops and bars. Try it you will enjoy. There is a good bus service for local places 1.4 euros and rail service eg Alicante and Denia for approx 6 euros. The train ride to Denia is has superb scenery,

• Holiday details: Oct 2012, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Enyoy the locality and hotel
by Doreen T

the best hotel with fantastic entertainment

"this was our first time at this hotel we had a fantastic holiday in june 2012 clean rooms friendly staff food was very good with a wide variety we felt very safe knowing that the hotel had security and the reception was manned 24 hours we have already booked to stay in this hotel again in december this year"

• Holiday details: Jun 2012, booked with co-op travel
by janet walsall west midlands

Superb!Superb!Superb!

"We visited this hotel in October. We traveled with my husband and my granddaughter. It was our third time staying at the Ambassador playa and it was still as great as ever. All the staff are really polite and never ignorant. The rooms are also super clean and spacious. The pool area is really good, sometimes it can get crowded and can be hard to find a bed but if your there early enough then you should be fine. The food was great, there was plenty of choice for everyone and was also piping hot.

This hotel is situated in a great place as its in the middle of all the entertainment and resteraunts!

We will definitely be returning to this hotel in April!

Definitely reccomended.

• Holiday details: Oct 2011, Full Board, booked with First Choice
by Abby9

'Fantastic Break'

"This is the first time that we have stayed in the Ambassador playa and it really was a plesure. Our group of people who we travelled with ranged from the age of 9 to 62.

In the end 9 of us ended up staying there. We had never been to Benidorm before and we decided to chose that location because we had a further Holiday booked for the end of march and couldn't wait so we just wanted somewhere not so far away but in the sun and Benidorm fitted that perfectly. The rooms were really nice and we all ended up with pool views which i suppose was a bonus because what we could see from the back of the Hotel was that they wernt idly getting any sun. The food was excellent from what ate. There were plenty of choices and they were never cold. The hotel staff were very polite and understood good english which made it easier to communicate with. The pool outisde was sometimes a little crowded but we all managed to find a place in the sun and the heated swimming pool was still available for people if they diddnt fancy swimming outside. The weather I have to say was fairly great compared to back home. There was loads! of entertainment at night, depending how far your prepared to walk.

We unfortunately couldn't go to Aqualandia so we decided on Mundomar instead with was fab! Also it's a short walk to the beach!

If your looking for a break of who are people who don't expect too much of anything then Benidorm is for you. We definately had a fantastic time. It dosen't matter what age you are. Hope I helped! :-)

• Holiday details: Feb 2011, Full Board, booked with Thomas Cook
  • Advice: This Hotel was fantastic!
by Madalena9

"great hotel"

"Having been going to benidorm for the last 7 or 8 years,this is 1 of the best hotels we have stopped in.We have stayed in different hotels each time,with the exception of this hotel,we,re giong back again this time,actually in 2 weeks time.We never saw miserble staff,they were all pleasant and polite,the food was always hot,with plenty of choice,the rooms were cleaned on a daily basis,also towels changed daily.The rooms are spacious,with plenty of wardrobe space.The hotel is very central to all the bars and cafes,and a short stroll to the beach.There are tv,s in the room,but for us,we dont go away to watch tv.I just dont understand the negative reviews on this hotel,it,s clean,comfortable and all you would want in a hotel,so please go and find out for yourselves and you WONT BE DISAPPOINTED"

• Holiday details: Feb 2010, FULL BOARD, Booked Independently
  • Advice: most definately
by 16 happy guests

Fantastic hotel

"I thoroughly recommend this hotel it is very good value for money.The rooms are fairly big with nice bathroom,there is a flat screen tv with itv,sky sports,sky news and channel 5.I had a room overlooking pool and sea which was lovely and not noisy once I closed my patio door,there is also wireless access throughout the hotel so I could use my laptop in my room free of charge.The food was excellent with nice English breakfasts and lovely lunch and evening meals with roast beef Sunday lunch and leg of lamb sunday evening plus other choices.The hotel has a fantastic spa which is only 5 euro's the heated pool area is so nice you wont want to get out.The hotel joins the western bar which is really good and neptunes bar as seen on Benidorm series is 50 yards up the road as is the lovely sandy beach.I cannot fault this hotel and would highly advise you to try it.If you like horse racing the winning post bar 500 yards down on the right shows daily racing and has a betting shop plus they show all football.There is a smoking ban now in spain so all bars are totally smoke free.All in all I give this hotel 10 out of 10.Try it !"

• Holiday details: Jan 2011, full board, booked with Alpha Rooms
  • Advice: Superb
by mickfish

Nice hotel.... but great food!!

"My partner and I booked independently and stayed for 5 nights at the Amabassador Playa II (there is Amabassador Playa I) adjacent.

The hotel itself is a 'typical 3 star Spanish hotel', however it was clean, staff were friendly and the food was great!

Lots of choice, great brekkie, lunch and dinners. Choice of salads, hot and cold meat, veggie selection, really well catered.

We took advantage of the spa in the other 'sister' hotel. Special off, best 5 Euros i've ever spent. Great location, close to bars, shops and beach :)

• Holiday details: Oct 2010, Full Board, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Britain in Spain!
by STMM

Roll on November

"I have stayed at this hotel on many occasions. I have never had any problems with the staff although sometimes the reception staff seem a bit stern I have always found them very helpful. I always ask for a room at the back because I know the rooms facing the pool area are noisy and also more expensive as declared in all the brochures.

Food is not 5 star but it is plentiful and although chips are on offer every day I have never felt the need to have them as there is always plenty of other choices.I was last there end August 2010 and am booked again for November. If you want more excitement and change from your holidays I recommend trying different places each time but if you just want to chill this is the place to be

• Holiday details: Aug 2010, half board, Booked Independently
  • Advice: yes and do
by sexylips

For all you veal lovers!

"my girlfriend and i(both 21) jus returned from 14 nights in this hotel. it was a full board package so we had breakfast, lunch and evenning meal. breakfast was ok but lunch and evenining meals always consisted of the same items mostly veal which was offered nearly everyday, which is good if u like it. The pools are a complete joke as u would need to be in the que at 7 wen the doors open to the pool to get a lounger, people would often run out and get however many they needed, put towels on them and wait for the rest of the family to come down at whatever time they got up. At dinner times there would be hardly anybody by the pool but towels still left on loungers ready incase they decided to come back, so my advice is if u want a lounger wait till then and take a towel of as this is what i did and it was very successful. The night-time entertainment was very appauling, they had different acts on everynight but all at a low standard. Considering the price we both paid (779pp) it was a very poor hotel and i have no intentions of ever going back to the hotel. The only plus side is it was very clean and close to the beach and bars."

• Holiday details: Aug 2010, full board, booked with Thomson
by Richard-Wales

1 2 36 »

Map for Hotel Ambassador Playa Closest airport: Alicante (ALC) 30.2 miles

Hotel Ambassador Playa photos (1 traveller photos)
Top traveller tips for Hotel Ambassador Playa
  • by lorraines1962@aol.com

" yorkshire pride have great entertainment. peggys tartan bar great patter. "

• by simone2009

" The rock and roll house is amazing!! "

• by Mrs Jasper

" John & Josephs across the road a must! "

• by magimagu

" Not for kids or non drinkers "

• by Richard-Wales

" john and josephs opposite entrance 1euro a pint and they are very friendly. "

• by a fellow traveller

" great place to go. has something for everyone. quiet pubs to go to for a chat, or great show "

• by janet walsall west midlands

" plenty of entertainment at night but not suitable for children "