Roxani

Andrea Papandreoy 276, Crete 714 14, Greece

Good

Cleanliness: 7.5/10
Location: 7.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Roxani

Enter your dates:

Brilliant Hotel) by Albert B

The hotel was great to stay at. The rooms were clean, modern and well maintained. There is a nice and clean swimming pool, nice garden and bar. The beach is a few minutes away and restaurants and shops are just up the nearby main road. The owners is friendly and the dinner served at the hotel was Greek-mom-cooked and tasty!

We had a very pleasant stay and we recommand the hotel for the very kind hosts, very friendly and helpful people. They will make their best to make you feel confortable. The breakfast is very good, with Cretan specialties and you can enjoy it around the pool - The garden is refreshing at night, and there's always a good dinner prepared in the traditionnal stone oven. The rooms are clean and confortable, with balcony and screen tv ;-) . It was great, relaxing stay.

My wife and I go back to the hotel is the third summer, and every time owners are greeted us as relatives who have been in a very long trip ....

The whole atmosphere at home and comfortable naredkost: smiles and caring owners make a sunny day even warmer still sunny))), where you will always provide a warm welcome, a real Greek meal and hospitality.

If you decide to vacation in Crete, only to Roxani Hotel: kindness, caring and a great vacation will be provided for the whole year!!

• Holiday details: Sep 2012, Booked Independently
  • Good For: Beach, City Breaks, Skiing

couple from Russia by Linulja

The hotel and its staff: Vaso, Marino, Stelios and Pablo - a miracle!

My husband and I go back to the hotel is the third summer, and every time we are greeted as relatives who have been in a very long trip ....

If you decide to vacation in Crete, only to Roxanni: kindness, caring and a great vacation will be provided for the whole year!!

We've never posted any review before,... by L.O. DEBLISE

We've never posted any review before, but this time we felt we had to warn innocent tourists and travellers.

We booked a triple room on our way to Crete's west coast, and it was the worst ever room we've ever seen!! The room was dusty, grimy, the bed sheets were dirty and dusted with hair! We didn't even dare to use the shower, the walls and curtain were too mouldy.

We were offered dinner with food that seemed to have been cooked long time before it was served. It was late, we were tired and we didn't have the strength to roam outside - well we should have eaten outside!

At the morning breakfast, the almost green eggs will remain in our memories.

And the worst of all, is that this hotel swindled us! After we paid our food & accomodation cash at the hotel "desk", they charged our credit card for another amount some time after.

So, if you check out at the desk, and if they try to tell you they can't print, write, edit and give you a receipt : INSIST and shout out for a receipt !!

I have never writen a review before,... by E Burke

I have never writen a review before, but on this occasion I feel that I have to warn others that are going to this hotel on an "all inclusive" basis.

Our room was dark, dingy and dusty. On our first day we pulled back the bed covers there was human hair on the sheet and the bedspread was dirty and stained. The room was mopped (with some kind of smelly disinfectant) and tidied up daily. There was one small wardrobe that had one draw in it; we lived out of our suitcases. The bathroom flooded every time we took a shower. We were charged 4 Euro a day to use the air conditioning.

The food was salad for breakfast, salad for dinner, salad and potatoes or pumpkin for evening meal. There is very little choice food wise. If you are taking children try to cancel and book somewhere else, the kids hate the food.

The "all inclusive" drinks are: local beer (that was OK), local wine (like acid), lemonade & orangeade and local spirit called rake (this is disgusting, tastes & smells like petrol) and that’s it.

This is by far NOT an All Inclusive hotel. I would describe the food & drink menu as pleasant food at best.

I also don’t know where it got its 3 stars from; it would struggle to get 2 stars.

This hotel spoiled our long looked forward to holiday, don’t let it spoil yours!

This hotel was excellent value for... by K Harris

This hotel was excellent value for money.

If your going to stay in this hotel, with the idea that it is a real all inclusive hotel, I would not advise you stay here, but what can you expect for £200 for a fortnight.

The hotel is typically Greek, and is clean. The room was cleaned everyday except for a Sunday.

The breakfast was continental, being bread, cheese, meats and salad. But there was cereal. This breakfast was acceptable to most people though as the hotel was mostly occupied by Germans and Hungarians. A few days there wasn't any lunch at all, but that didn't bother us too much as the weather was 44 degrees, and we weren't in the mood for eating. Evening meals were ok as well.

However the Amoudara itself is very very cheap and my friend and I were going out most evening and eating outside of the hotel.

The staff were very friendly in the hotel, and did everything that they could to help you.

Its a very quiet resort and if your looking for night life and clubbing then I would say stay in Malaia. However that's not to say that there isn't nothing to do. My friend and I managed to get into mischief every time we went out. There are quite a few bars around which serve cheap cocktails and then off to the Saloon bar for some dancing. Avoid the Budha bar unless you want to pay some money for drinks. I bought a vodka and coke and they wanted 7 euros!

Overall a great holiday for the money.

On arrival at hotel looked clean.... by  P Batoryk

On arrival at hotel looked clean. Room was ok, had my room changed every day. However, food was not to standard. There was no Full English Breakfast, as even stated on the hotel window in full view. All we got was salad, Morning, Dinner and Main Meal. The English breakfast was bread, butter, jam and a boiled egg/eggs.

We complained to the owner who promised to make things better. There was a slight improvement, the evening meals improved slightly with a bit more meats being on offer, though the dinner left a lot to be desired. However, not to the standards of Spain where we normally go. The drinks we were told would be beer, wine and local spirits.

We did get the beer, wine, though the local sprits was just Raki their drink (spirit) what I call turpentine.

As an all inclusive I was appalled on what was offered. So was my wife who had a gutful of the resort and hotel.

If you went with kids, there was nothing at the hotel for them, neither at the resort. The evening entertainment was the owner being the DJ. That was that. The resort offered really nothing, and if you are a family with kids you will be at a loss.

The beaches were very dirty, we were both glad to see the back of the Hotel, the Resort and Island.

The breakfast was really poor. Buying... by

The breakfast was really poor. Buying some bread and orange juice on a local market is a much better alternative.

The rooms where bad and I even got used bed sheets. The washing was bad, it actually smelled worse after they had washed the rooms.

The service sucked, and one always felt that asking a question was a stupid mistake.

Even though it was pretty cheap, one should expect more for your money than this hotel offered.

Read more reviews of Roxani at TripAdvisor

Stayed at Roxani? Share your insight.

Roxani also called

• roxani hotel amoudara
  • Address: Andrea Papandreoy 276, Crete 714 14, Greece

Map for Roxani Closest airport: Nikos Kazantzakis (HER) 30.7 miles

Roxani photos (6 traveller photos)