Blue Rainbow Hotel

Food: 5.5/10
Value: 6.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Blue Rainbow Hotel

1 2 3 4 »
our holiday at the blue rainbow hotel

"My wife and I stayed at the blue rainbow in September and October 2012 we found the hotel to be clean friendly the location is great plenty of bars and restaurants nearby the food in the hotel is basic the chef does his best on a limited budget but if you run out of money you have food the all inclusive bar is at best usable but make the best of your holiday plenty of choice and places to visit we have already booked to go back in September October 2013 so have our friends see you there"

• Holiday details: Sep 2012, booked with travel rebulic
  • Advice: go with an open mind theres plenty of choice
by terryoliver

great place

"just had 3 weeks in june it was great the boss the staff they were all friendly could not do enough for me and my wife its not everybodys cup of tea but what do you want for the money you pay some people moan about anything my suggestion would be stay at home .anyway cant wait to go back in october 12 and june 13 so make the most of your holidays and stop moaning..HAPPY HOLIDAYS.."

• Holiday details: Jun 2012, Booked Independently
  • Advice: try and get on with staff
by sheffwesty

great hotel for a 3 star

"just got back from this hotel it was our 4th time in 2 year going back in june 2012 rooms small but clean food it better than some people give them credit for staff cant do enough for you .boss is ok so is manageress i would say its not a place to take your children because there is nothing for them but all in all for what you pay its ok so give it a try.....enjoy"

• Holiday details: Sep 2011, All Inclusive, Booked Independently
  • Advice: dont moan because its not that bad
by sheffwesty

all inclusive-ish

"we stayed for 2 weeks, the first impression was the outside was dull, the reception reminded us of a prison. the rooms are small but cleaned each day, the bathroom was VERY SMALL, no drawers for clothes. the food was very Turkish based, we ate out most days. the staff was very pleasant and friendly(apart from a couple), the manager was a miserable ****, after two days of our stay there was no tonic for drinks never any ICE unless you payed for your drinks at the beach, the sunbeds on the beach wer'nt free, the manager watched the staff at all times, they were more pleasant when he was'nt there, we asked a barman why this was and he said " he dont like us being friendly with guests(strange).

we was stopped from taking a drink up to our room, no food was allowed round the pool, pool bar closed at 12.30 till 14.00 even thou a member of staff was there too serve drinks for the beach.

it was our first visit to the resort and was really impressed with it, the people are lovely lots of bars and shops close by. we will be going again to icmeler BUT NOT be staying in the blue rainbow

• Holiday details: Sep 2011, All Inclusive, Booked Independently
by Bear

Excellent value for this 3 star hotel !!!

"After reading the initial reports i was apprehensive about going to this hotel, but I was more than happy with the standard of service given by this 3 star hotel. The rooms are basic but a high quality of cleanliness was given at all times. Towels were changed on a daily basis if required and sheets changed every other day, and on 4 occasions during our weeks' stay we had the towels arranged in heart shapes with flowers on our beds. Buffet breakfast consisted of cereals, fruit, jam/honey, yogourt, rolls, boiled eggs, different cheeses and 1 type of cold meat.The lunch/evening meal was of a good standard with a soup starter and the choice of two different hot meals as well as 20 different salad bowls, plenty of fresh crusty bread was always available. Approximately ten varieties of dessert were available at both meal times. The waiting staff were always attentive and exceptionally polite.It has a good sized swimming pool which was kept immaculately clean on a daily basis. There is a poolside bar which was "manned" generally by the waiting staff inbetween shifts in the restaurant. The hotel is a two minute walk away from the beach and bars which are very lively from 9 - 12, but at 12 they MUST stop any entertainment, although you may carry on drinking, however, we never saw or heard of any trouble in the area. To sum up I would advise, that the food catering standard is what I would expect of a 3 star hotel, but the cleanliness and friendliness of all staff far exceeded my expectations on this, my first visit to Turkey. My only advice would be to say if you are particular over the tea/coffee you drink take your own, and the same applies to cereals. Although the drinks are free in all the areas I have mentioned, there is a bar attached to the side of the hotel, "sports bar" drinks here are NOT inclusive."

• Holiday details: Jun 2011, All Inclusive, booked with holidays 4 u
by D & D

Ignore the Moaners!!!!!

"Have just returned from 10 days at Blue Rainbow Hotel and is excellent value for money.

If you want a full cooked, greasy, unhealthy english breakfast then why both going to Turkey, stay in the UK where you can get as much fast food as you like.

The food was very good, ok you do get a lot of chicken but always prepared in different dishes and plenty of it. Plenty to drink at all times. Rooms are very basic as they are in a lot of turkish hotels, but kept spotlessly clean every day with clean towels as well. The whole hotel is kept very clean and I saw the pool cleaned several times whilst we were there. Staff are great and very helpful.

Our only negative thoughts would be that it can be a little noisy and there certainly could be more sunbeds around the pool, you have to get used to putting your towels out early in order to get one, thought it was only the 'germans' that had a reputation for doing this but certainly wasn't the case.

All in all had a really great holiday, excellent value and are going back again in September!.

• Holiday details: May 2011, All Inclusive, booked with Low Cost Holidays
by Suejulie

Get what you pay for

"2nd time we have stayed at the blue rainbow and thinking about going back next year. The rooms are kept clean, towels changed daily, sheets changed now and then, food is average but we cannot fault it the soups are very good, two hot options and there is always cold buffet to choose from, pretty good for a three star hotel in turkey."

• Holiday details: Oct 2010, All Inclusive, Booked Independently
by terry

my holiday at the blue rainbow

"I got back home today and was I glad to leave. Icmeler is a nice enough area. The locals will try to entice you in but if you are firm but polite they will take the hint and leave you alone. Where do I start with the blue rainbow, firstly the good points the maids were very polite and kept the rooms fairly clean. A little more dusting wouldn't have gone a miss though. The reception staff were always polite and helpful. The waiters were a little over zealous when clearing up. At least let me put my cutlery down before trying to take away my plate. Barstaff, if you could find one, it always seemed as if everything was too much effort for them, they came accross as surelyand unhelpful. Now what can i say about the food that wont make me sound as if i'm just a grump, well nothing the food was awful at best. Breakfast we ate out most days enough said. As for lunch and dinner if you like chicken your going to love this place. we were there for 10 days and I think there were only three occassions we didn't see chicken on the menu. I use the term menu very losely, two choices of main, I would say hot but that was far from the truth, tepid at best. Plenty of salad though and soup.I should have gone self catering because after day five we ate out most of the time. The brochure stated mini bar well if an empty fridge constitutes mini bar then yes there was a mini bar, but don't get caught taking a drink upto your room it's forbidden. It was also stated that there was satelite tv well yes if you want to listen to the news constantly or German or Turkish tv, We had no Germans in the hotel. Facilities at the hotel a swimming pool, that looked clean and people were using it although i didnt use it myself prefering to use the beach, which was also clean. Other facilities a lounge area but dont expect them to put the lights on and an outside bar area those are your facilities. You may of guessed from my write up we didn't have the most pleasant of times at this hotel, we did enjoy the holiday but we most definately would not return to this hotel. I have had excellent holidays with first choice in the past and will try them again."

• Holiday details: Oct 2010, All Inclusive, booked with First Choice
  • Advice: Go to icmeler but not the Blue Rainbow
by slatch077

Terrible

"We visited this hotel for two weeks commencing September 15, 2010,flights were brill, transfers were a nightmare going and leaving, never again. Hotel clean and staff brill had good fun with them but the food was something else by the end of the holiday we had feathers and were clucking everywhere, not the Chefs fault though it was down to the management.Suppose to help the disabled the management were crap and didnt want to know. Please go to Icmeler it is beautiful but keep away from this hotel."

• Holiday details: Sep 2010, All Inclusive, booked with Cosmos
  • Advice: island beautiful
by Chrissy

Dont go Peaseeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"im telling you this to save your hard earned cash, DONT GO. You go on holiday to relax and de-stress, this is not the case, the tranferes where a waste of time, on the day of departure they take your all inclusive bands off you dead on 12 pm but they still serve you so thats a plus. The pool doesnt open until 10 by then your in the sea because its too hot to wait around for it to open ansd if you go in a minuet before then the manager throws a hissy fit! they serve alchol to 13 year olds (!) dont know what lemonade is, or what meat they are searving you at meal times. Deasert reminded me of aliens, so did the fly INSIDE my scrambled egg one morning. The beach is great and so are the tours on boats. The aircon didnt work in the room which by the way was ajoined to a VERY active german couple. The entrance hall reminded me of a prison which i would have prefered to stay in."

• Holiday details: Aug 2010, All Inclusive, booked with Lastminute
  • Advice: Dont Go
by birdbaby26

Lovely Hotel

"it was my 1st time in icmeler i am only 15 years old and i loved the hotel the rooms where lovely yes the bathroom was only small but the rooms where clean and fresh towels where put in the room every day the food was lovely as i was all inclusive some people have said the food is awful but i thought it was lovely the staff are VERY friendly the pool was lovely accept the shallow end wasnt very shallow so young childern wouldnt be able to stand up in it i am 5ft 3 and could only just stand up in it if you have a room facing the istanbul bar which is on the side of the hotel you would expect it to be noisy until 12am in the morning as that was where we where on the 1st floor only a 2minute walk to the beach didnt even have to cross any roads we only ate out once as we thought the food was lovely i would definetly go back to the blue rainbow hotel definetly back on all inclusive the only thing they need to do is change the music that they have around the pool bar as it was the saem music every single night couldnt tell the difference in the drinks"

• Holiday details: May 2010, All Inclusive, booked with Airtours
by Icmeler-Babe

Great Hotel

"Must say after reading some reviews I was worried about our decision to stay here. However We had agreat time . The food was limited to a choice of 2 at both lunch and tea ,but we always enoyed it and you had a good choice of side salads and veg.The room was not huge ,but had everything you needed like aircon, a fridge and a balcony with agreat view of the bay.The cleaners kept the rooms nice and clean and the pool was one of the biggest we saw in town and very clean too. The beach was so close you do not even have to cross a road to get to it.The bars are all very noisy from 9.30 to 12.00 midnight ,but the police are very strict and enforce this.I am not a pub person but I enjoyed the crazy waiters at the bars and was quite touched when they all came over to say goodbye as we boarded our coach and sang us a little song."

• Holiday details: Jul 2010, All Inclusive, booked with holidays4you
by mc

1 2 3 4 »

Map for Blue Rainbow Hotel Closest airport: Rhodes Diagoras (RHO) 28.5 miles

Blue Rainbow Hotel photos (4 traveller photos)