Diamond Hotel

Good

Service: 5.5/10
Food: 3/10
Location: 8.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Diamond Hotel

1 2 37 »
Horrible dirty hotel

"Hotel staff not very nice cold food tea and coffee in plastic cups had to heat food and drink in a microwave that look as if a grenade full of gunk went off in it I and my family will never return to Bulgaria we had the most terrifying experience of our lives"

• Holiday details: Sep 2013, booked with Thomas Cook
  • Advice: Don't stay there go elsewhere
by Christine M

Horrible dirty hotel

• Holiday details: Sep 2013, booked with Thomas Cook
  • Advice: Don't stay there go elsewhere
by Christine M

What a crap hotel !!!!

"This hotel is awful!! Dirty rooms, mold everywhere !! The maids are lazy and don't clean the rooms, straighten beds or sweep the floors! Food is disgusting !!! Noise from all the drunks in the early hours of the morning banging on doors and shouting and no one cares !!! Don't book it's crap !!!!"

• Holiday details: Aug 2013, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Don't go
by Paulaansell

Hotel Horrid

"Nice Hotel not very friendly and food is terrible the house keeping staff are good but the rest of them could not care less about customers they listen to you and nod politely and do nothing about your complaint In my opinion this is not a four star hotel more like a two and a half and requires regarding"

• Holiday details: Jun 2013, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Its a must to improove the food
by nomis

do not stay here!

"I am currently staying here been here for a week so far... the room are bad! we complained as soon as we walked in the tv didn't work the shower was broken and there was no glass on the balcony and to top it off there was left over food in the draws....this is defo not a 4 star ... food is so bad most people had to eat out somewhere else... when me and my boyfriend had some grapes there was a spider on the plate, when we told the waiter all he said was "yea it happens" the staff are not helpful this hotel should really be checked out by someone... the health and safety is scary ! o n when it says about a gym here you have to pay for it even through its the size of a box room"

by Phoebe2709

NOT AS BAD AS MADE OUT!

"me and my friend stayed here in september which is end of season and still found the hotel had a lot of guests. food was the same every night and we lived on chips the only bad thing i would say about the hotel is the all inclusive, dont do it, it is cheap enough to eat out every night. as me and my friend are two 18 year old girls the hotel suited us perfectly however if you are over the age of 30 and have a family i would not suggest this hotel as it an 18 to 30s. would not go back to this hotel again but still enjoyed our holiday as we had no complaints about the noise and it was a week of partying..... also the maids where very good as they cleaned our rooms everyday and even folded our cloths."

• Holiday details: Sep 2011, All Inclusive, booked with Thomas Cook
by arightMANCHESTER

not 4*

"room had broken air conditioning and was noisy from club downstairs so had to move room. Had 1 yr old child and it was not child friendly as balcony had big gaps in it which child could fall through.And food was so bad it caused me to have stomach cramps and diahrria all week and was same food every day. The pool water was freezing cold and outside pavement was broken and bit too high for the pushchair. On a positive note the rooms were cleaned every day and the staff were very friendly.Plus the location was close to all shops,bus routes and the beach."

• Holiday details: Sep 2011, All Inclusive, Booked Independently
by kazie

glum glum and glummer

"We just got back from Bulgaria,poor sad people at Diamond hotel,NEVER again rude ,and WHY,AI.only applies to 1bar,i am not a snob but when i have a glass of wine with my meal i like a glass not a plastic cup it was very degrading we were treat like someone off the street being thrown a crumb.Ilike nessebar. but also in advert for hotel it doesnt tell you that if you dont get up before 9 there no beds and it 21,lev that £10 for2beds and umbrella on beach 7 lev (per)item i know this has nothing to do with hotel but it just a warning to people who book and think it so near beach it will cost you.18-30 hotel not family.i had or got 3pieces fish one day and it was still frozen fish fingers dried up mess but there alwaysEGG OR CHICKEN"

• Holiday details: Sep 2011, All Inclusive, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Shut it
by never again

great hotel..why all the bad reviews??

"Arrived at the diamond hotel very anxious about what to expect due to all the reviews infact was dreading the holiday because of this.we arrived as a party of 4 sharing two rooms. Got to the reception and was greated by a very polite receptionist who welcomed us and promtley gave us our keys and they put us in rooms right next to each other both with balconys over looking the pool. We settled in and as we were all inclusive it was time for tea the hostess in the resteraunt was lovely and very polite and never a day went by when she didnt come and speak to us to see how we were which was a lovely touch. The food was repetative but this you find in most all inclusive hotels and i cant complain as there was always something we could eat. Although their was 4bars in the hotel the only one which offered all inclsive drinks was the pool bar which again i cant complain about because this was where we spent most our time.on an evening the entertainment was terrible a man and his key board every night singing the same depressing songs but we bought cards and often sat on our balcony with our own music and as a group of twenty somethings we were out most nights anyway.the pool was freezing i have to admitt but as it was very hot in bularia this was actually nice at times, it was also cleaned to a very high standard every night. The music from the inside bar often was played until 4am but we never had any problem sleeping as windows and walls are thick. The odd night you could here people coming in from a night out but this was fine it was just people enjoying them selves.rooms were cleaned and bedding/towls changed alnmost everyday and cleaners waited until you were out no matter what time that be they worked alday and each floor had there own.whilst there i got a tattoo in the hotel which i regret and advise again, colour faded within 2days this is why i suspect he advises you to get tattooed on your last day so you are unable to go back and complain however i got mine 2days in so did go back and complain only to be told by him and his. Ery arrogant boss that it was my fault and i hadnt looked after it even though this was my 8th tattoo and have never had any problems, they said if i payed 50leva they would fix it this i deffo did not do i would rather wait till home and get it done. So please do not get tattooed here use the one at the top of flower street, my friends used this one and was very good, cheap and no problems. The hotel itself was clean and staff very friendly with the exeption of one ov the men who served all inclusive drink on a night, clearly hated everyone lol. Overall fab hotel would deffo stay again."

• Holiday details: Sep 2011, All Inclusive, booked with Med Hotels
by geordie_girl87

hotel diamond bulgaria

"just returned from hotel diamond bulgaria never to return. food ok same thing all week and lukewarm but didnt starve. staff surly. hygiene poor. still covered in bites. only if your in early twenties would go. fight in hallway most nights music blaring in bar allnight people coming in 5.6.7.am no one to control the foul mouth loud youths. think twice before booking"

• Holiday details: Sep 2011, All Inclusive, booked with purple holidays
  • Advice: hygiene to be improved , food to be hotter. security to do their jobs properly through the night. more friendly n helpful staff
by itchy

Hotel (Die)mond! Don't come here unless you don't value your life or your sanity!

"This place is so bad I don't even know where to start!Arrived with my 2 small children to find we had been put 3 floors up despite being promised a low floor,had a hole just about the same size as my 1 year old daughter in the (cracked) balcony glass and huge pieces of glass next to my son's bed all over the floor but being 4am we all just wanted to get to bed so thought I would mention it all in the morning,but surprise,surprise no cot (as promised) so still had to move the kids back downstairs again where I was (with a sigh) told it would be ready soon.Soon turned out to be an hour later when we were finally given the cot 2 of the sides were broken but we were so tired by then just let it go until 3 nights later we awoke to our 1 year old screaming by our bed because she had fallen out the bottom of the ''cot''Informed the hotel but was ignored.Thought next day we would at least take advantage of being all inclusive by having a few drinks around the pool but was just settling down round the pool when there was a loud bang and then something hit my back.Look down and there's glass everywhere where some idiot has thrown/ dropped a glass off of his balcony.Both my kid's towels were covered in glass and my back was cut.It was just lucky the kids were under a sunshade and didn't get cut.after a day round the pool we realised this wasn't a one off either it happened every day at least.This you may be thinking is nothing to do with the hotel but the staff came out looked at the pool area full of glass ignored us completely when I tried to tell them what had happened and then went in and didn't even clean it up.I don't even want to think about how many people must have cut themselves.Free bar though do can drown our sorrows right?.....Wrong! There was only warm wine which tasted of what id imagine cats pee would,beer and vodka which tasted of petrol.I'm not fussed with vodka but this was something else,revolting so had to go to the real bar and spend every day,least I can get some food here I thought but after 3 days of the same for breakfast and lunch which I wouldn't feed a homeless dog we ended up eating out every night aswel.The only thing worth going all inclusive there for is the water machine (when it works) and soft drinks if you don't expect service with a smile.Then comes the music, not from the hotel from the guests which they placed in-between my mum's room and ours.They must have paid thousands for this ghetto blaster because it's louder than most clubs I've been.I may have children but I'm still not fussed about loud music,I actually quite like it as it was the only entertainment we were going to get.But bearing in mind we didn't get in til around 2am ourselves and this music didn't start til another few hours and went on until at least 7am and the beds in our room were moving and plaster fell off the Walls gives you a bit of an idea.One night I couldn't take anymore so went down to reception where I was told I had to call reception.I asked why as I'm here now,seems pointless and was just quoted the number to call so I went up the 3 flights of stairs to phone to which the same guy turned up at my room and asked what was wrong.Mind numbingly stupid!I explained about the music and was told with a shrug that ''it's 18-30s'' I will point out at this time that when I booked I was told family and children friendly but this is by no way the point.I prefer 18-30s as it's always more entertaining anyway but even all the younger lot i spoke to including my 19 year old party animal sister said it was way too my much.Anyway I pointed out to her a guide which was in my room which stated that after 1am no noise even talking on balconies was permitted.I said I'm not asking for that just for the music to be kept to at least lower than the hotel bars downstairs and stop around 3/4 That night it did for an hour.The next night and every remaining night it was back.People were cheering when they were leaving.All staff bar,reception,shop,waiters ect except the lobby barmen and lady in the dining room and 1 of the maids were unbelievably rude and hairdryer ect didn't work,banging on doors and phone calls every night aswel.These are honestly just a few points.The ace is a death trap.I worried for my children's safety and

my sanity.Awful.Don't book! I wish I listened to the previous reviews but I always hear people complain on reviews and I've been away twice a year for the past 21 years and never minded anywhere so thought people were again just moaning but they were right.I will be taking my complaint further aswel.I wouldn't stay here for free!

• Holiday details: Aug 2011, All Inclusive, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Going out in the morning and not coming back until as late as possible.
by NadineCainAli

poor

"Rotting smell in the room!

Air conditioned like a wasted penguin.

Reception staff looked like they were forced to work there.

Half of the hotel(staff and guests) were drunk day and night(it might sound good but not at 5 am all nights).

Last but not list: The girl from the restaurant that was monitoring the food made us feel like we were stealing it.

by trust me

1 2 37 »

Map for Diamond Hotel Closest airport: Varna (VAR) 21.5 miles

Diamond Hotel photos (4 traveller photos)
Top traveller tips for Diamond Hotel
  • by baceysilly@hotmail.com

" Khans Tent, Nessebar and the Valahala for food. "

• by natzter

" Jacks Bar, Tropicana, The brothers and Nessebar "

• by weesparklelea

" good for younger people with lots or bars and night clubs. good for the drinking and nightlife. "