Eliana Hotel

Good

Room: 7.5/10
Service: 7.5/10
Cleanliness: 7.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Eliana Hotel

Enter your dates:

1 2 »
Great value for money by mufdiver3

Having just returned from a 14 night stay at this 2star hotel i`d recommend it as great value for money,i`ve stayed in hotels in rome and paris and this easily compares to them.The hotel is situated up a hill which is a little steep but it is a 5minute walk which is refreshing after sampling some great food and drink in the local restaurants(the hammock grill house does great food) and beach clubs/bars.The hotel is a family run business run by Eliana who is often about with her delightful children,she always tries to help out with any questions or requests you may have.Alex the friendly barman is normally about in the pool bar area making cocktails etc...The pool is lovely,of a good size and clean.The rooms are of a good standard(with spectacular views of the dasia area looking out to sea or inland to the hills)for a 2star greek hotel clean and perfectly adequate.The hotel serves a continental style breakfast in its dining area of bread,ham,cheese,hard boiled eggs,fruit in juice and greek yogurt.We would return to this hotel again.

• Holiday details: Aug 2011, Breakfast Included, Booked Independently
  • Advice: try the local food and great family beach

Home from Home by Michelle

Modern family run hotel. Clean rooms & plenty of sleeping space, double room & beds easily moved together. Fantastic view of sea & Albania, gorgeous pool,Dining area is spacious, clean & very well presented.Trendy bar & evening entertainment, friendly barman ' ALEX'. Great staff willing to help & hotel is very child friendly. Refreshing up hill walk from bars, clubs, restaurants & plenty of local gift shops.

Hotel is ran by an adorable young family, friendly atmosphere with friendly trustworthy staff.

Already booked again for next year with our four children.

HOME FROM HOME...Very pleasant stay... RECOMENDED.

• Holiday details: Aug 2011, Breakfast Included, Booked Independently

OK but could be so much better!! by Jimmy

We have just arrived back in the UK after a 14 night stay in the hotel. Upon arrival at 1am we were met by a very friendly man on reception. We were not expecting a great deal as its only a 2 star hotel and to be honest you really do get what you pay for. Beds were a little hard and only 1 pillow per bed although we did get an extra pillow the following day. We did not make breakfast on first morning as we never got settled in until gone 2am but we did try it on the 2nd morning and it was very basic. I decided not to bother with it after 1 morning as I wasnt going to eat bread and Jam for 2 weeks!!! It was sad to see several guests taking loads from the breakfast area and stocking up with sandwiches for the rest of the day, it is no wonder you dont get a cooked breakfast when guests are blatently stealing the ham and cheese to make sandwiches!!! We found the staff to be friendly and helpful and Alex was really nice and friendly towards everyone!!! Our rooms were cleaned almost every day and our towels were changed regularly. Shower cubicle was tiny and hard work but was very powerful and always hot!! The hotel itself was very noisy at times due to rowdy guests but it wasnt evey night, walls were so thin and this didnt help!!The pool was excellent, never too many people in at once and always clean and warm!! We enjoyed the late night swim on a weds night, it was a highlight of the holiday!! The bar area around the pool was very clean and well presented, it was open almost all of the time we were there and Alex always asked if we wanted anything before he closed up for a while which was only ever for a short time. A downside is the bar was fairly expensive and as its self catering with no fridge in room we feel we should have been allowed to bring our own food and especially soft drinks to have around the pool. An example of how expensive it is is by comparing a small bottle of water at a cost of 1 euro to a bottle of the same quantity in Sconto's at just 15 cents. 330ml Pepsi at 2 euro's compared to 500ml Coca Cola on 87cents in sconto's. I understand the hotel has to make money but we deliberatly went without drinks to avoid paying these prices. Had it have been cheaper we would have spent a lot more money here!!!! The hill leading up to the hotel is hard work at first but you definately get used to it and the views are superb from the rooms!! Dassia itself was a bit of a let down as lots of bars and restaurants have closed down particularly as you head towards Gouvia. I have been to Dassia on 3 previous occassions and was surprised how run dow it was becoming. Saying that we had some excellent meals, our favourite restaurant was called La Casa, it was a long walk but the food was outstanding and very good value compared to most other restaurants. I also recommend Alexandos Taverna and Castellos but through previous experience I would avoid Great Shakes like the plague, you may aswell stay at home if you are going to eat in there, food was shocking last time I had it!!! Bus into Corfu Town was well worth it and was only 6 euros for 4 tickets, an absolute must place to visit, even the McDonalds tasted great there!!! Excursions are great and Aqualand was a great day out, worth being picked up and dropped off for 29 euros pp, it cost 25 euros pp (17 for kids) if you make your own way there!! Jimmy

• Advice: Hire a car

Worst hotel ever by mihaela

Very poor service, very rude employees, no comfort at all!

During our 7 nights stay, they only once came to clean the room and change towels and this was only after complaining about it several times at the reception desk.

Never take a triple room in this hotel! It is actually a double where they place an extra improvised bed, leaving you no space to move, nor open your luggage since the rooms are very tiny. (Note that the price for a double and a triple is almost the same.)

Breakfast is horrible, we actually had to go to a bakery every morning, on our way to the beach for getting decent coffee.

Another inconvenient is that the hotel is placed on a pick of a heel and you have to walk/climb a very steep road which can be awful when you are wearing high heels.

Furthermore, the hotel has a lot of Italian teenagers as guests who can be very very noisy at night!

Lovely hotel by Annie7

I have just come back from spending a week in the lovely Eliana Hotel in Corfu. I must admit when we booked it, everybody warned us not to book a 2star in Greece. However on arrival we were pleasantly surprised. On checking in we requested a room with a pool view and they were only too happy to accommodate the following morning.

The hotel room is basic but very clean. The bedlinen and towels are changed regularly. (tip - leave towels on the floor and they will replace with fresh!!)

The view from the pool and breakfast room is outstanding, overlooking the bay of Dassia. Lovely to wake up to each morning.

The staff at the Eliana are very helpful and friendly, a family run hotel and both Eliana (manager) & Alex (guy who runs the pool bar) both ensure that you feel looked after during your stay.

Dassia itself is very quiet but there are a number of restaurants and bars which are reasonably cheap. Meal and wine for two approximately 24 euros.

The beach is very narrow and pebbly but sea is ideal for children as it is shallow and very clean.

I really recommend the day trip to Paxos and AntiPaxos. For only 27 Euros you can sail around the islands and have a full day out enjoying the blue caves, paxos, Anti paxos and lakka. Really good value for money and very enjoyable.

Even though Dassia is not the most picturesque resorts, we really did enjoy our stay there and would recommend the Eliana as a quiet, relaxing place to stay.

• Holiday details: Jun 2009, Bed & Breakfast, Booked Independently

Just enjoyed a lovely week at Eliana... by  D Robertson

Just enjoyed a lovely week at Eliana Hotel, originally booked at sister hotel in Ipsos. Hotel is very impressive with a lovely swimming pool & bar area and pleasant grounds and wonderful views over to Corfu Town.

Room was basic but clean with TV, towels and sheet changed ever 2-3 days. Breakfast basic but adequate. Did not notice if any children were around apart from owner daughter, but school holidays finished. Hill steep but not far to reach town, supermarket & bus stop at bottom of hill five minutes walk. Bus to Corfu only 2 euro 20 mins away. We hired a scooter for 3 days, great to get about & keep cool & enjoy the views.

Recommend visiting Gregory's restaurant in Kato Korakiana ( village where the no 7 bus stops), about 15 min walk away, the best meal we had all home cooked to order & very reasonable.

Returned day XL went bust, fortunately we had Thomas Cook flights!

Would like to thank Eliana for all her help checking our flight was OK. Also all the staff were friendly & helpful, would definately recommend this hotel to friends and anyone who likes small & peaceful hotels & value for money.

Me and my partner stayed there about... by L Tune

Me and my partner stayed there about 2 weeks ago and thought the folowing;

1. Sheets & Towels rarely changed.

2. Apart from above was fairly clean (Greekwise).

3. Breakfast was lovely if you like wasps sharing it with you.

4. Pool was clean and bar staff were friendly (though was quite expensive)

5. Telly in the room - which came in handy for something to watch when avoiding wasps at brekkie ;)

Overall was a great last min holiday but i doubt we will ever see the place again.

Just come back from a lovely week... by Barker

Just come back from a lovely week holiday at Hotel Eliana,

On arrival we were very impressed with the hotel, our room was basic with 2 x single beds (already pushed together :-P) a TV mounted on the wall, the bathroom thankfully had a shower tray as I have been to numerous greek hotels where you just flood the entire bathroom. Our balcony had a lovely view over the mountains.

The maid service was excellant, every day bar sunday. We had fresh sheets every day and fresh towels every two days. The rooms and hotel itself was spotlessly clean

All of the staff at the hotel were really nice and so accomidating, epecially when we found out our airline had gone 'bust' (XL!!!) they did everything they could to help and reassure us.....THANKS

A big thanks to Alex (and not to forgetting his lovely girlfirend Nicole) for keeping the bar open until the small hours of the morning for us and generally being loads of fun.

Hi to Costas who then kept us entertained further into the night

Hill.............Great exercise on the way back to the hotel after all the food and drink consumed........but would not recommend for the elderly or anyone in a wheelchair.

Thanks to everyone at Eliana for a lovely holiday

Luv Shelly + Jay

Have reviewed this once but not sure... by C Parry

Have reviewed this once but not sure where it went as its disappeared!!

Anyway spent 2 weeks at the Eliana with my 14yr old son and it was fantastic the hill at 1st seems pretty cardiac!! But after the initial steep bit its ok i just strolled up and enjoyed a cold beer at the bar that was my excuse anyway. Our room was fine cleaned every day thoroughly the t.v in the room helped when i needed to get ready an my son was "bored" so that was an added bonus. wherever your room is you will get a great view as the views are great around the pool area which is spotlessly clean and the sunbeds are plentiful so no setting your alarm for 6am and making a mad dash with your towels lol, we were on the 3rd floor so the glass lift was pretty fab as my son used about 15 times a day!! The breakfast was fine for me some people said it wasn't great but cereal,toast greek yoghurt,honey,eggs,cheese,ham and to drink was juice ,tea,coffee which was plentiful so for me it was fine i had no complaints.

Eliana the manager was great always had time for a chat she was really nice and helpful always went out of her way to help,as did Alex at the pool bar great guy!!

I will definately recommend this hotel and will certainly be going back next year as my son has already told me!! so yamass enjoy yoyr hols u will if u book this hotel.

I hadn't originally booked this... by C Parry

I hadn't originally booked this hotel, I had booked 2 weeks at the Telemachos but lasted 12Hrs (but thats another story also a review about it don't want to waste my time writing about the dump!) Anyway arrived in Dassia on the 27th Aug with my 14yr old son my parents were staying at the Eliana luckily for me!! I walked out the t/machos and went to see my parents within 2Hrs i was booked into the Eliana for the remaining 13 nights, The hotel is on a hill but after the 1st bit its really not that bad it levels out so you can just stroll up it, the location is beautiful as are the surrounding views stunning, so whichever room you get you have a lovely view,the hotel is spotless the maids come in every day and give your room a good clean,my son took advantage of the sky tv in the rooms with movies on all day!!! Had to drag him out the room most of the time, the pool is lovely nice and clean the surrounding pool area is also spotless with plenty of sun loungers to go round, The pool bar serves food and drinks and none of the drinks are watered down take advantage of Alex's Burgers there lovely!!! Breakfast is pretty standard but i ate it every morning there is cereal,toast,eggs,greek yoghurt,honey,tea coffee,juice, which for me is great.

Thanks to Eliana and Alex my holiday started as a nitemare and finished a dream so a big thanks to you both i know you went out of your way to help me and for that i'm grateful, Eliana always had time for a chat and was very helpful.

And Alex serves the best burgers but also has time for a chat and will always ask you before he goes if you want anything else to drink or eat i think its always the little things that helps and there were plenty of them.

I will definately recommend this hotel to people it was fantastic and i enjoyed every minute of it as did my son.

So thanks guys see you next year!!!

Had a very nice holiday here, just... by H Farrant

Had a very nice holiday here, just what we expected really. Clean rooms, friendly staff, clean pool (and was nice and quiet). Looks alot nicer than in the pictures, with stunning scenery.

Only downfall was the breakfast (not much choice and too early), but not really a problem as there was a good cafe at the bottom of the hill.

Only a short walk down the hill to all the restaurants and bars, lots to choose from with good greek food and cocktails!

Quite a steep hill, we're a couple in our twentys so not a problem.

Found a really nice pool bar on the beach, and a trendy bar sheltered by palm trees and good music across the road at the bottom of the hill.

Bustop also at bottom of hill, got the bus to corfu town for a couple of euros, only 20 mins away. Really worth it, loads of windy cobbled streets around a huge square, but alot busier than Dassia.

- good holiday if you want to chillout by the pool and go out for some nice meals and a few drinks.

-Not ideal if you want a drunken mess of a holiday

Also wouldnt recommend Eliana for young families, didnt see any kids running around, nice for an adult getaway.

Just got back from the Eliana Hotel... by J Michels

Just got back from the Eliana Hotel and though admittedly at first I was a bit sceptical after reading some of these reviews I came to the conclusion that so of these people only come on here too MOAN. This is my second time in Corfu and I have to say that I enjoyed this trip emensely. The hotel was beautifully situated on a hill with breath taking views, a gorgeous pool and lovely helpful staff. As far as its location there were TWO paths to be chosen from and for anyone goin in the future to go straight into Dassia's center (also beach) take a left as you walk out of the hotel and you will find it is literally a 3 minute walk whereas from the right you'll have a bit of a trek.

Anyways... to make it all short and sweet I found the hotel immaculate with spacious rooms and Eliana herself could only ever be described as helpful and lovely so whoever commented previously and you know who you are you're absolutely out of order.

Cant wait to go and stay with her again next year!

1 2 »

Stayed at Eliana Hotel? Share your insight.

Eliana Hotel also called

• eliana hotel dassia

Top traveller tips for Eliana Hotel
  • by Annie7

" Trip to Paxos/Antipaxos, Favourite restaurante Hammock Greek Taverna "