BlueBay Lanzarote

Food: 7.5/10
Value: 8.5/10
Cleanliness: 8.5/10
Location: 7.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for BlueBay Lanzarote

1 2 37 »
ok

"We stayed here for a week in june.There was 12 of us,first few days the food was good than we had pork and then we had more pork it got a bit boring.Also the pool floor tiles were broken so all 3 of my kids cut there feet.We told the manager and he said he knew about the floor and was getting it sorted(this was are first day,still not sorted a week later).I found some of the staff rude one of the waiters shouted at my nephew for sitting at the wrong table.They ignored us and served all the spanish people first.Enough of moaning the actual hotel was nice,it was clean and the animation team were really good.Dont forget you get what you pay for."

• Holiday details: Jun 2010, booked with on the beach
by smith07

2 weeks of pork and a dangerous Pool. NO THANKS

"My family have just returned from a 2 week stay at this hotel. The first few days seemed great the weather was fantastic then little thinks began to get to us and other guests we spoke to.

The location is ok a short 10-15 min walk to shops and bars very nice curry house called Spice near the back of the hotel. The whole area has been flooded with Chinese people restaurants and cheap tacky gift shops.

THE POOL.

THIS IS CURRENTLY A REAL PROBLEM. There are loads of missing tiles from the bottom of the pool in the main pool and baby pool my child had a cut foot at the end of week 1 and again on the last day in total as the stay went on we saw more and more accidents of cut feet in week 2 this was around 1-2 a day and this was from the lifeguards own mouth. In 1 day by the pool a group of kids had collected up about 38 broken tiles. The hotels view waiting for glue from Tenerife and a diver to fix it. The sun beds are reserved very early. And the rubbish around the pool builds up to become a lot in one day plastic cups everywhere and sticky patches on the floor for days. The outside pool toilets had names and writing on the Walls and door from 2009 not to mention the skid marks on the Walls in the men's. RANK

ROOMS/MAID/CLEANING These are a good size and provide a comfortable stay with 2 singles in the main room and a pull out bed in the living area. They are serviced regular but not to a high standard. Our toilet area stank of urine the whole holiday. The balcony was not swept once. The towels provided are medium sized. Our shower would randomly change temp from hot to cold to scalding hot. This was in both rooms we occupied and happens to other guests in different blocks we spoke to. The air con unit in 1 of our rooms leaked 3 times soaking the kitchen area it was fixed twice and still broke before leaving. On of the guests in a diffent block had human waste come up through the shower and had to be moved rooms.

BARS/ENTERTAINMENT

3 bars the main showbar the poolbar and the piano bar near reception. You will find a self serve larger soft drink and Coffee machines at 2 of these bars the drinks served are all local unless u want to pay for branded displayed drinks. in the evening the pool bar stops serving drinks but this is the only outside area to have a drink and should provide evening drinks as it get busy as an alternative bar. The piano bar is small and I would suggest mainly for adults no entertainment. The show type bar or sweat box is a fair size serving pre made cocktails. The barman told me he has to make up as much 5ltr fruit cocktails bottled as he can to mix with spirits as it get busy. INHOUSE ENTERTAINMENT is CRAP very basic and very crap shows by a hard working small team. Some other shows are good but I saw the same shows 8 yrs ago in a different hotel. Daytime sport and mini club Is ok nothing special.

FOOD.

If u like chips and Pork your onto a winner here it's served everyday in one form or another we got so sick of it I can't even bring myself to think of pork. The portions size of the glasses are a joke small tumblers are used for everything In all 3 bars and dining areas. Food was bland and basic brussel sprouts served at breakfast or one type of vegetable. I was very disappointed with the food overal would like to have seen more carved meats or themed night with a total change of all the food not just a few extra rice dishes or sauces.

I've listed the main issues I feel are worth a mention. I wouldn't bother with this hotel a compliant is followed by a cheap bottle of plonk you can win free at bingo put in your room And a worthless offer of a spa entry. I am honestly shocked to hear people raving about the place we felt we must have something wrong with us but loads of people were grumbling around the pool as oftern as us. we will 100% not be returning. Not for the £3000 it cost us in total.

• Holiday details: Jun 2011, All Inclusive, booked with Thomas Cook
by tanaban

do go

"just returned from a really lovely week at the lanzorote bay,rooms are like a self-contained apartment and immacuately presented.we are a mixed group of grand-parents,teenagers and parents and none of us had any complaints.we would return there in a heart-beat,accomadation was better than some 5* we have stopped at and of course fabulous weather.just prepare to be thoroughly depressed when you get back-do go."

• Holiday details: Oct 2010, All Inclusive, Booked Independently
by bigblouse2

Great holiday

"Stayed at the hotel in September 2010 Hotel was very clean and the rooms were modern and attractive. Staff were excellent, very friendly and nothing was too much trouble. The entertainment team were enthusiatic, but left you alone if thats what you wanted. The food was varied and plenty of choice. Not sure what official rating is, but as good if not better than many 4 stars we have stayed in."

• Holiday details: Sep 2010, All Inclusive, booked with Escape
  • Advice: Good for families and couples
by sue27

Brilliant holiday

"This was our second stay at Hotetur Lanzarote Bay and I have to say we weren't let down. The apartments were spotless, the staff, from the receptionists to the cleaners were all very friendly. The food was very good with plenty to choose from. The resort itself is very clean and tidy with 3 beaches to choose from. There are lots of trips on offer and I would definitely recommend the 'Grand Tour' of the Island, it was a brilliant day out. Would definitely come back to this for a third visit."

• Holiday details: Sep 2010, All Inclusive, Booked Independently
by Clarke Family

A wonderful relaxing holiday

"On arrival we (2 + daughter of 17) were pleasantly surprised to see they kept the restaurant open for us as we arrived bang on closing time which was a nice gesture.

Rooms are large as they have a small kitchen/dining area in the lounge with a separate bedroom and beds are certainly comfortable enough to sleep on.

We had 2 problems with the room both of which were dealt with by an amazingly efficient maintenance team within 30 mins of reporting them - very impressive. One of them resulted in us changing rooms and once again the staff were great in assisting moving all our stuff.

Food is good with plenty of choice, not as much as in other places we have stayed but as this is a much smaller hotel (only 200 rooms) we thought it was acceptable, for example there was always at least 5 main courses to choose from (not including pizza, pasta, burgers etc).

The pool area is very nice with plenty of space so we never felt crowded. Sunbeds were readily available up to about 9am or even 10am on some changeover days, with no urgent need to reserve them too early unless you wanted a specific 'spot'. The pool itself feels cold when you first get in but is in fact lovely and refreshing after 'basking' under the hot sun. It never seemed to get too crowded either and there was a very safe sloped entry and shallow end ideal for little ones.

The main beach is only a 15min walk away and is lovely soft sand with no rocks in the water, so super safe and well patrolled by lifeguards too.

The all inclusive aspect worked well with all drinks including tea/coffee and hot snacks from the pool bar all day and the main bar and entertainment bar in the evening.

The bar staff worked their socks off, so busy but always ready for a quick word with you. Twice a week there was live music in the bar which made a nice change from piped music and there was always the option of sitting outside by the pool sipping your post dinner drinks, lovely.

The entertainment was not really up to much except for a couple of the professional shows which were very good, but the entertainment venue is rather poor in terms of atmosphere but that didn't bother us too much as after a day catching the rays followed by several 'beers' we tended to be in bed before 11pm.

We only did one trip - the vulcano half day and all we can say is that it is a must, including the camel ride (very amusing) !!!!

All in all a very relaxing holiday and we'd definitely go back.

• Holiday details: Aug 2010, All Inclusive, booked with Thomas Cook
  • Advice: Lovely for a relaxing holiday
by zone_rob

Disgusting

"I realise the apartments are rated 2 stars, however, I feel compelled to share my experience.

On arrival we were met by an unfriendly receptionist who appeared to hate his job. We then made our way to the room which smelt like smoke. I think they should have at least sprayed some air-freshener for the apartment’s new guests.

The apartment was fine for two people with two single beds, a small kitchen, living room and a large closet. I was disappointed that the bath room door wouldn’t close, but it wasn’t a great problem.

However, after several days the bath room became infested with worms, which I can only describe as parasite looking. They appeared to come from the piping and tiles. Doing a Google search I have discovered that other apartments at Lanzarote have had similar incidents with bathroom worms. I believe they may have been “mermithid nematode” also know as Horsehair worms, which is a parasite of insects. These could have come from the cockroaches bringing me to my next drama.

I then found a cockroach running across the kitchen floor, so I got bug spray from the reception and sprayed the room. This literally caused cockroaches to pour from the lights in the ceiling and we had to switch apartments. Several days later, in the new apartment I opened the kitchen cupboard to get a pan only to find a cockroach. While I understand cockroaches come with the territory, they do not need to be in the apartments.

by Andrew

Great relaxing holiday

"Returned on 12/8/10 from this hotel after 1 weeks stay. Was there with 17 yrs old daughter and it 3 weeks before leaving. Unsure at first as this was our first time on this island and all-inclusive holiday. Why was I concerned I have to say it was one of the best relaxing holidays we have ever had. The hotel was exceptionally clean and all staff from Receptionist to the gardeners were very polite and friendly. The food was brilliant there was a good choice. One evening chef was carving a huge joint of pork which was so tender it melted in your mouth. There was choice from the usual chips and pizza for children to more exotic Canarian foods. The times of the meals suited as well. My daughter has problems with mornings(quite normal for a teenager) but she was up for breakfast as this ended at 10:30 so I did not have any hassel getting her up. The Animation team worked hard to get people doing things through the day."

• Holiday details: Aug 2010, All Inclusive, booked with Airtours
  • Advice: Would love to go back again and continue the holiday
by Jen H

Fab Holiday

"My fiance and I have just returned from 1 week at the Lanzarote Bay (All Inclusive). It is a lovely hotel with very friendly and polite staff. Stayed in a spacious room overlooking the pool.

A lot of people have complained about the food, but I found there to be a good selection at all times. The hotel was really clean and in a good location, just a five minute walk to the nearest beach. It was about a 15 walk to the centre which had a variety of shops, restaurants and bars.

It is a great resort for couples and families, not so much for "party animals".

Weather was quite cloudy in the mornings but got hotter throughout the day.

My fiance and I had a great time and would definitely return to Costa Teguise and to the Lanzarote Bay.

• Holiday details: Jun 2010, All Inclusive, booked with Monarch Holidays
  • Advice: Costa Teguise is a lovely place and will definitely go back
by unshine

great for familys

"9 out of 10 because pool was freezin allthough kids didnt seem to notice food was great appartment had all we needed cleaned daily staff always had a smile no matter how busy would go again"

• Holiday details: May 2010, All Inclusive, Booked Independently
  • Advice: great for families
by 2adult 2 kids (10) (5)

Fantastic Holiday

"stayed at this hotel from 4th june 2010 for 1 week.hotel is recently updated.nice big bedroom and livingroom area with a plasma tv and the settee is a double bed when pulled out.nice size bathroom and small balcony food was good all week with lots of choice,diningroom always clean, and friendly staff.showed to a table everynight.soft drinks and lager and wine is on tap.which is great no queueing.pool is freezing and you have to be like the germans and put your towel out in the morning.we didn't do it on our first day so had to use the beach.have entertainment every night. the bingo is good.staff at the piano bar are lovely and keep your glasses topped up.all in all we had a great holiday the beach is 15 minutes slow walk and really nice. 8 euros for 2 sunbeds abd a umbrella.the shops are a bit rubbish all the same tack.its a windy place but you still get tanned so dont make my mistake and forget the sun tan oil.we had a great holiday and met some lovely friends there is more english and scottish people that use this hotel. definatley would go back again"

• Holiday details: Jun 2010, All Inclusive, Booked Independently
  • Advice: nice relaxing holiday
by Little one

Lovely location but could do with updating!!!

"We returned from a weeks stay on Thursday 25th Feb.

On arrival we found the receptionist extremely friendly and welcoming, and that continued throughout our stay. Our apartment had beautiful views over the pools and mountains and we were very happy with the size of it. The apartment was clean, although I would say the bathroom was very tatty,with stained towels. We also had a bedroom wall light hanging off the wall, but despite the tired decor and old fashioned units, the kitchen area had everything one would need if self catering, microwave oven, hob but no oven.

We had paid for all inclusive and wish we hadn't, the hot food was often cold,and the deserts were every colour of blancmange one could think of for lunch and dinner every day, and the variety non existent. We noticed afterwards that one could have paid daily for all inclusive if you wanted at the hotel, and that would have been a cheaper option. The room was kept clean by the cheerful maids and the general areas around the pool was also kept clean, rubbish bins regularly emptied. In the dining room though the their were lots of leaks from the ceiling with buckets underneath!!! This fawlty towers aspect would have offended lots of diners but I just thought it was quite amusing. Do not rely on the entertainment, bingo, or quiz nights which were extended beyond the normal length proved tedious and not entertaining. However, if you are looking for a cheap cheerful break, with friendly staff, I would recommend staying here self catering. It is a lovely area, and a short walk to Playa Blanca beach which has numerous things for families, a great beach good cafes, bars, shops and restaurants, and gorgeous huts selling beautiful ice cream!!! The area feels very family safe and we will return their with the children.

• Holiday details: Feb 2010, All Inclusive, booked with Low cost holidays
  • Advice: Cheap, in need of repair but great location and friendly staff.
by louiseappleby

1 2 37 »

Map for BlueBay Lanzarote Closest airport: Lanzarote (ACE) 7.6 miles

BlueBay Lanzarote photos (10 traveller photos)
Top traveller tips for BlueBay Lanzarote
  • by saz19862007

" Texas Ranch - small animal park, fills up about 3 hours. Volcano Tour - expensive, but interesting! "

• by debskris

" Shanghai Chinese Restaurant (cheap and gorgeous) "

• by murdo1

" beach very windy! go to Papagayo in the south "

• by tanaban

" you must visit Rancho Texas "

• by smith07

" There are some really cheap shops if you come out of the hotel and turn left than left again. "