Lero Hotel

Good

Room: 7.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Lero Hotel

Enter your dates:

A good choice in Dubrovnik by Sylvainautourdumonde

The hotel is modern, confortable and clean. Breakfast is varied and good. Staff is not always very friendly or helpful.

Although it is a bit far from the old town, the access is easy by the local bus service.

Price is not cheap, but that's Dubrovnik. A good place to stay in Dubrovnik.

Fantastic Hotel, Fantastic Location by Jersey_Ocean

We stayed in the Hotel for 6 Nights and had a very enjoyable stay at the Hotel Lero.

Also we booked through a Travel Agent, so we are not quiet sure what the direct Hotel Rates are, but we were very happy with the service we received for the price we paid.

As soon as we arrived a friendly Hotel Portier was available and helping us with the luggage to Reception and later on to our Room which was in the 2nd Floor. Reception Staff very friendly and helpful. All Staff speaks good english and addresses you by name, not like other Hotels where you are just a number.

Rooms are basic, but clean and had everything you need including the important air conditioning for the hot summer which is around 43'.

Restaurant and Bar very nice. Excellent Food in the Restaurant Lero which has a big Buffet Choice. Price okay for the amount of Selection. Breakfast very nice. Enough choice on hot food for the hot temperatures and nice selection on bread and cheeses. As I am from Germany, I am used to the cheese and sausage platters for Breakfast instead of hot foods, so you can guess that I was more than pleased with the selection.

The Bar staff was excellent. Had in the evenings a cocktail on the Terrace before walking down to the Old Town, which is around 15-20 Minutes walk, for dinner.

The Old Town has a rather large selection of Restaurants, some a bit over priced thought.

You have different choices there from Pizza to Fish (which you should really try) to Bosnian Food. Very different to english, but excellent. They really know what they are cooking.

Old town rather busy during the summer and if you decide to go on the city wall, get up there with enought bottles of Water at around 10am as it gets busy from 1pm.

If you like to spend some days on the Beach, be prepared to bring your own towels with in the holiday, other wise you spend easily £40 on 1 Towel.

Overall I had a great holiday with my partner and we would deffinately recommend this Hotel to anyone who wants to spend some time in Dubrovnik. Also if we should return, we deffinately stay here again.

Clean, good value, great location by Oasisgirl80

Good value hotel. The rooms are simply furnished and decorated but clean and modern, with a nice bathroom. There is air conditioning - this is important if you are in Dubrovnik in the summer. Staff are efficient and well informed. A range of trips and excursions can be booked at the reception. Breakfast was ok but nothing special. We stayed 4 nights and twice ate at the Nava restaurant attached to the hotel - excellent service, delicious food and cheaper than eating in town. We didn't try the Lero restaurant.

If you are looking for a very luxurious or romantic hotel this may not be the place for you. However for a family trip, short break or a base for getting out and about, it's perfect. We spent most of our trip out and about exploring the old town and surrounding islands, and this was the ideal base - clean, comfortable, not too expensive and only 15 minutes walk from the old town and port. I'd definitely stay here again if I came back to Dubrovnik

Good Value - recommended by maureenmorris

After we had booked we belatedly read the reviews and were quite worried as they were mainly bad. However, the hotel was a pleasant surprise. It was well situated only fifteen minutes walk away (downhill) to the Old Town. The rooms were pleasant and the beds comfortable. The breakfast did not offer a too wide a choice - particularly in hot food but for what was there was quite good. The staff were polite and helpful. I would have no hesitation in recommending the Hotel Lero to anyone planning a trip to Dubrovnik.

Resonable and good location by RWRB

My wife and I stayed at Lero for two nights. The hotel is comfortable, without being outstanding.

Good points - it is very clean, rooms are a good size and standard fare (min-bar), central safe, free wi-fi in lobby, 10mins walk to a beach, bus stops outside (no. 7 to/from the harbour or no. 4 from the old town) or it is about a 20min walk downhill to the old town

Bad points - no pool and the cost was high at £96 per night - we realise that this is peak season in Dubrovnik, but that felt a lot for what I would class as a reasonable standard hotel.

Staff were polite, although could have been a little bit more helpful (spoke good English).

We enjoyed our two nights in Dubrovnik and Lero did the job, allbeit somewhat expensively

Beware The Hotel Lero by piper181

Beware this hotel!! While I also checked these review pages before staying, I think some of the more positive ones are paid by the hotel.

While some of the staff are helpful, most are not. We were provided with incorrect directions and treated as if communism were alive and well. When we asked for daily additional towels because we like to shower both in the morning and evening, it was battle to get them and were ultimately told that "we get two per day." When I noticed that our sheets had not been changed by the third day, I was told that they change them every third day despite no such notification in the room.

To say that this hotel is "tired" is being kind; it is in desperate need of basic upkeep and repair. Walls and doors are scuffed, gouged and marred and rust pervades the bathrooms. The final insult was insects (ants) that invaded our 4th floor room that were coming in from the hallway. The response from the hotel when apprised of this? You guessed it: nothing.

Beware this hotel. I would strongly recommend that if you are going to spend any more than one night in this beautiful city you spend a few more dollars for a better hotel and avoid the Hotel Zero.

Good value for money by 5goabroadalot

We stayed at the Hotel Lero for 5 nights: part business, part pleasure. The hotel is not set up for business use: the two PCs in the lobby use a strange browser which meant that I could not access my work email and the purported wireless connection was non-existent. However, from a holiday point-of-view, the hotel was great: clean, nice breakfast buffet (although coffee was foul), good bar and very friendly/helpful staff. The exchange rates were the best we found. Only 20 minutes walk (downhill) to the Old Town (Pile Gate) or bus station, and on the 4 and 6A bus routes, we found this to be a reasonably priced hotel. We had a seaview double room - which was spacious if basic. The bed was very comfortable; the shower was large and functioned well. The air conditioning was a tad noisy, but worth it in 38 degree heat. Our work companions found their single rooms at the back to be lacking in storage space. Definitely to be recommended.

Good Value by 1919

My wife and I stayed in this hotel for 5 nights at the end of June and found it to be excellent value. It is ideally positioned between Dubrovnik's old and new ports and on a main bus route. The hotel was clean, staff pleasant and helpful, only slight problem was that breakfast can get boring after 5 days although there are plenty of other choices the scrambled egg, bacon and sausage is there every day! Ate in the adjacent Taverna one evening and this also proved to be good food and good value. Good mid range hotel - if only it had a pool I could have given it five!

Very Satisfied with Hotel Lero by derby123

My wife and I are retired. We seek clean comfortable quiet accommodation; we do not need swimming pools, saunas etc.

We stayed in Hotel Lero for a week. It suited us admirably. We each paid the equivalent of 34 euro for bed and breakfast and 6 euro extra

for dinner - which we considered a real bargain.

Service was buffet style at each meal. While for breakfast the choice

of meats and cheeses was always the same along with juices, cereals,

breads etc you could enjoy a substantial and satisfying meal.

There were about five choices of meat and fish for the main course at dinner - although the vegetables were always the same during our stay. A tasty first course (soup, pasta, juices etc) and a dessert (ice-cream, pastries, fruit) ensured an enjoyable meal. Everyone ordered drinks - which you paid extra for.

Staff at Reception were knowledgeable and extremely helpful.

From the hotel you could walk to the walled city (part of the road quiet, part busy) - but it was better to get the bus back for the uphill journey. The local and regional bus stations were within (a longish) walking distance.

Our room was at the back of the hotel and it was quiet - apart from one night when music from a wedding celebration reached us - but it would be churlish to complain about this.

It'll do by flydog

This is a case of doing exactly what it says on the can. It's a clean comfortable hotel within walking distance of Dubrovnik old town (if you're young!) and well priced in an expensive town. Breakfast was fine, didn't eat there at night - there's no reason to when you are in Dubrovnik. I would have appreciated a beach or pool to relax between walking round the old town all day and before going for tea. Really the thing is that this hotel is fine, but maybe you'd prefer excellent?

Read 137 additional reviews of Lero Hotel

Stayed at Lero Hotel? Share your insight.

Lero Hotel also called