Compostela Beach Apartments

Room: 6.5/10
Service: 6.5/10

1 2 38 »
summer 2013

"We stayed at the hotel for 14 days, and were initially shocked at the poor standard of the rooms. It was nothing like the pictures. That said, we only slept and showered at the hotel, and the pool and other facilities were good. It was only a minute to walk to the beautiful beach, and the shops, restaurants and bars were plentiful and great. There are solo many great things to do for the kids and the whole family in Las Americas and surrounding area, that we have decided to go again this year, - and to the same hotel due to all the great facilities apart from the room."

• Holiday details: Jul 2013, booked with Ving (Scandinavian)
by Tove N

You Get What You Pay For

"Don't expect too much from budget accommodation and you won't be disappointed. This accommodation is perfectly reasonable for the price paid. Three star maybe just about right.

The negatives:

1. Extra charges for everything. In room safes should be free as should televisions. In fact the TV was so small, it is an insult to expect guests to pay.

2. Wi-Fi internet at 25 Euros per week or 6 per day is a complete rip off. The signal is lousy, the service is slow and it is only available in the reception area and the restaurant. Should be free in all hotels. Go round the corner to Red Arrow and pay Euro 1 per hour for their fast service.

3. Saw three cockroaches during the week, two in the room.

4. A switch on the bedside lamp was broken leaving a hole big enough for a child to put their finger in and receive a nasty shock or worse. Even after reporting it this was not fixed.

5. The mattress was too soft and gave me backache.

The Positives:

1. The location is excellent. Perfect for shopping, bars, restaurants and beaches.

2. Reception staff are friendly and helpful.

3. The apartment was cleaned regularly.

4. Everything you need in the kitchen.

5 Supermarket on site selling lovely fresh baguettes.

Don't be put off by the negatives. This accommodation is all you need for a cheap week away and as we do not spend much time in it, the location was far more important.

• Holiday details: Feb 2011, Room Only, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Shop around for a cheap deal on this place and you won't be disappointed
by Hammertime

Can't beat the value.

"I booked my trip with Spanish Isles Holidays and was very happy with our room (41b).The whole complex is great and very close to the beach.My whole family had a great time,Carlos in the bar is good with the kids,the Eagle show was fun and the food was great.As an ex resident of the island finding a complex that fits your expectations is hard but I have found the right one.We will be back next year and are bringing friends......"

• Holiday details: Oct 2010, Room Only, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Good family location.
by The Wickham man

great family holiday

"We arrived at the Compostela in the evening, we had booked two one bedroomed apartments for my husband and I and our five children ages 20, 18, 16, 14 and 11. The apartments were basic and we were disappointed because we were expecting refurbished accommodation. The beautiful beach is literally two minutes walk away and there are plenty of bars and restaurants to suit all tastes and pockets. This complex is ideal for families with teenage children, our kids made lots of friends and loved the place. The pool and sun terrace was clean. The maids who were always pleasant came every other day and cleaned the apartments thoroughly. There were cockroaches on the ground floor and the surrounding area outside the complex, but not in the apartments. This was fantastic value for money. We've booked to go again next year."

• Holiday details: Aug 2010, Room Only, booked with Monarch
by westies

Cockroach County

"Absolutely wick with cockroaches.Room not as stated.not refurbished moved to another room which was good but cockroaches everywhere.Couldn't even sit on balcony at night because of them (ABSOLUTLY SHOCKING)never again ..."

• Holiday details: Aug 2010, SELF CATERING, booked with Thomas Cook
  • Advice: love tenerife but not compostela beach
by shocking

Lovely Holiday

"We arrived at Compostela Beach Hotel in |Tenerife and were immediately disappointed to find out that the 2 bedroom appartment we had booked was not available and the five of us had to be split into 2 different appartments. I wasn't too happy about this, but never mind the appartments were close so decided that I wouldn't complain and determined to enjoy the holiday.

The appartments are basic, and some don't have air conditioning, but I decided it was cooler to sleep in the living room space. You still get all your plates, cutlery, glasses etc, plus a little cooker and fridge. The maids came around every other day to change sheets and towels and mop and sweep your floor if needed. Plenty of sunbeds if you get up before 10am, but if you needed an umbrella you might need to get down there a bit earlier. The pool was lovely and clean and great to jump into after you had built up a sweat in the sun! There were quite a few families there and young people, but we were only disturbed on a couple of nights. There is a bar and shop where you can buy your cocktails or a nice cool icecream.

You get given a card to enter the complex on one of the side gates, and the beach is about a 2 minute walk so the complex is ideally situated. There are a couple of lovely bars with English food just outside the complex, The Rovers Return and the Live Sports Bar were the ones we used and the staff were very friendly and the views of the beach were great as you were eating your tea!

I would definately go back again, but BEWARE, do not go on the boat trips if you suffer from the slightest motion sickness, a 2 hour trip to see the dolphins and whales, turned into the worst 2 hours of my life (put it this way, I saw my cornflakes over the side of the boat the second time around!!! lol)

• Holiday details: Aug 2010, Room Only, Booked Independently
by Shawfamily

Private Villa No 9

"Just returned from Teneriffe on 10.08.2010. 10 of us shared Villa No 9, 6 adults and 4 children and we booked with Spanishisles.com. This is the first time we have stayed in a private owned Villa and was really disappointed as the linen got changed once during our 2 week stay and the apartment was never cleaned, I don't expect to come away and clean up. There are 3 floors to this villa, the top floor was the best room to include en-suite the middle floor has 3 rooms and bathroom which smelt of strong urine, this tells me that they are not cleaned properly at all. Could do with modernising as very old fashioned. Ground floor includes a small bathroom with shower head as you enter the front door to your right, I did contact the maintanence guy to advise him that the shower pipe was leaking and was told he would replace it and never did. we had plenty cockroaches visit us in the Villa, god knows how they were getting in. If you are looking to go into a private villa/apartment, be expected to clean and wash, for this reason I would not book private again. The Happy Days restaurant had closed down on the complex and we were not informed about this. Reception on the complex were not willing to help us as we were in the private villa, eg, we had to be out of the Villa for 10am and was not being picked up until 17.25pm I went to reception to ask if they could store my toddlers milk in a fridge to keep it fresh until we left the complex, they were not interested, it's just good that we met some really nice people on the complex who was more than happy to help. The pool area was really nice, I would say the complex is not spectacular but just ok, location is perfect and breakfast at the Rovers Return was excellent, the ownwer is called Kade just like my little toddler and for this reason he really did make a special effort with us and my little boy whenever we visited which I thought was really sweet. All staff very friendly. Be prepared to be hassled constantly by PR's and people trying to sell fake sunglasses/bracelet's and fake watches, they were harmless though and just trying to earn a living. We really did enjoy the holiday."

• Holiday details: Aug 2010, Room Only, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Teneriffe is a lovely place and will be defo visiting again next year.
by Daniela

Absolute rubbish

"We booked through peterson & moral services aka malibu travel for 3 weeks on 26th feb this year.They were supposed to collect us from airport,we were delayed but they had our flight number, we waited an hour after arrival no one came so we took a taxi got a receipt but they never paid up.The apartment was damp, cleaners never came for 10 days and that was only after complaining to Roy Peterson.They also said pool was heated it wasn't.We were both ill and after 2 weeks we gave up and came home.I would never recommend anyone to stay there through them."

• Holiday details: Feb 2010, Room Only, booked with Peterson& Moral services
  • Advice: please dont go there
by susie

AMAZING!

"Originally at a different set of apartments, my fiance and I got moved to this hotel as there was a gas leak at the previous one!

People who complain about stuff being extra obviously have never been on a holiday like this before and don't understand how amazing this place is. The entire complex kept well clean, with easy access to beach, shops and restraunts, with a supermarket and a bar actually inside the complex! All day happy hour at the bar was great, and the bar workers were really friendly, and the pool had a life guard always on duty during the hours you were allowed in it. A maid visited everyday except sunday and the apartments were spacious and very well done.

The Thomas Cook rep was there at every point that she was meant to be and was extremely helpful, answering any queries. We were well compensated for the fact that we were made to move and really enjoyed the Compostella Beach.

My fiance and I are hoping to be able to return to this hotel in the new year. I would really reccomend going, it was great!

• Holiday details: Sep 2009, Self Catering, booked with Thomas Cook
by sunshine_lover

Everything is extra

"Fantastic location but terrible hotel. The apartment was very basic, there was no air conditioning and we had t pay to hire a fan. The TV was pay as you watch via a coin slot meter. We had to hire an iron and a hairdryer, so waht started out as reasonably priced accomaodation turned into a much more expensive option.

The swimming pool did not have a shallow end andthe sun loungers were not adjustable, so nearly everyone bought a lilo to lie on.

The excursions are much cheaper if you book at one of the many agents along the sea front rather than in the hotel.

At least they did not charge for the sunshine, although I bet there would if they could.

by bri

You get what you pay for

"I arrived at Compostela Beach on the 01/07/2009. The receptionist was helpful and told us where our room was in detail. We usually ate our meals at the resturant downstairs and was surprised with the prices and the quality of food, it was really nice. There was a lot of roaches about, a couple found in the bedroom when we first arrived which didn't give a good impression. The pool was clean and there was always sunbeds and room available. The location is brilliant with only a 10 minute walk to veronicas strip. We found the apartments very hot and found it hard to sleep so we rented a fan for the week with cost 40 euros!. It was quite loud at night when trying to get to sleep. I found all the staff were friendly and spoke very good English. I would go back to compostela beach, roaches would be found in most areas of Tenerife. I did enjoy my stay here."

• Holiday details: Jul 2009, Self Catering, Booked Independently
by stacieware

fab go go go book it now !

"so good the staff were so friendly and the rooms where fantastic .

what a nice hotel go to the malibu ba5r on the her side of the site the pool is brilliant and the shop staff are very friendly . book it now you wont regret

i went with myself and my 4 children they made easy friends and the staff helped with my daughter b'day

will be going next year for my wedding

the only down point was the cockroches but no where found in the apartments

tenariffe on the whole is a gret country go to anty place especially the irish resturant and the irelander pub .. the sea is clean and has fun inflatables for kidz to play on

and they also have a mcdonalds and the locals are so friendlt ...

• Holiday details: Jul 2007, Self Catering, booked with Airtours
by shaunna

1 2 38 »

Map for Compostela Beach Apartments Closest airport: Tenerife South Reina Sofia (TFS) 9.9 miles

Top traveller tips for Compostela Beach Apartments
  • by shaunna

" go to compostella beach "

• by sunshine_lover

" Bombay Blue Tandoori Restraunt: great location, great service, great food "

• by Shawfamily

" Ideal situation, basic accommodation "

• by westies

" Great for families with teenagers, good value for money, ideal location "