H10 Playa Meloneras Palace Hotel

Stayed at H10 Playa Meloneras Palace Hotel?

Share your opinion.

Good

Service: 7.5/10
Value: 7.5/10
Location: 8.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for H10 Playa Meloneras Palace Hotel

« 1 2 3 »
A modern, clean well situated hotel,...

"A modern, clean well situated hotel, in an up and coming area of Gran Canaria. The hotel on appearance is wonderful, and the staff on the whole very helpful. The hotel facilities were excellent, with a good gym and wellness centre & evening entertainment.

However; the dining facilities (a buffet style breakfast and dinner) were over-crowded, busy and stressful. A good selection of food was available, although catering mainly to meat eaters, the vegetarian selection a little poor. Some food was frequently over-cooked, and a quantity rather than quality approach was taken, popular items being consumed very quickly and some guests were waiting around for the items to be replenished. The waiters were overstretched and too busy, to provide a 5* service; The constant clanging and banging and bustling going on whilst guests “try” to relax over meals was not in keeping with the rest of the hotels relaxing traits.

Overall a good hotel, but let down a little by the dining facilities.

by L J Whittle

Relax & enjoy

"Stayed first two weeks in March 05 at the h 10, overall we had a great relaxing holiday at the resort. No hotel is perfect, if you look closely enough you can find fault with any hotel. Reason most people read trip reports is to get an idea whether to holiday at that particular resort themselves. Hope mine helps!

In my two-week stay nothing I experienced would stop me from returning again. Sure not everything is spot-on. Check in was a breeze & we got a high floor room with sea view, like I’d asked for in my e-mail I sent the hotel. The room was nearly perfect one of the best rooms we’ve stayed in (Been in plenty of 5 star hotels) bottle of cava & fresh fruit in the room a nice touch, massive double bed isn’t, its two singles pushed together with a king size sheet over to give the impression of one bed, nice sitting area with tv & mini bar, one downer (Rained first week) no film channels the choice of tv stations is limited, big balcony or terrace with two comfortable chairs. Cleaning service very good.

Layout of the hotel is very impressive & the location is superb there’s now a few bars & restaurants in front of the hotel which are very good & the service & price are good, a 10 minute walk towards Faro lighthouse will give you more choice.

Read before leaving someone complaining about prices in the resort, sure they’re higher than outside the hotel but still they’re reasonably…. 10 euro for bottle of wine, a large beer 3 euro, gin & tonic 5.50 euros you get 3 times the amount of gin you’d get in England. Lunchtime food & Room service are good value. Wellness centre is very good, cost 15 eros

Buffet food at night could be improved & the queuing for a table in the dinning room is a problem sometimes, most of the nights the service in the restaurant was very good but odd times it wasn’t. Entertainments was good some nights & poor some nights

Next to the hotel they’re building a golf course which I believe will take 5 years to complete, you can hear some noise, not enough to spoil your holiday but sometimes there’s a constant peep peep from a reversing digger. Don’t let this put you off, on Sunday the digger man as a day off lol.

by milesfromewood

Surprised!

"After looking at all the great reviews for this hotel, I was really looking forward to it. I was surprised. The Pools are lovely as are the grounds. There are also no queuing for sunbeds, which was nice. The rooms are okay, nothing special, which I think they should be for 5 star. The rooms are not sound proof at all, you can hear everything your neighbours are doing, which isn't very nice. We were also woken up at 7.00 am every morning with the sounds of a digger in the land nearby! I really do not think that this hotel deserves its 5 stars, I really don't know where all the great reviews came from. We certainley would not return to this hotel.

The food is average, there were also queues to get into the dining room at breakfast and evening meal, which again, you do not expect from a 5 star. We only stayed for a week but we had to got out and pay for meals, even though we had paid for half board, as we were so bored and fed up with the food. We had lunch a few times at the hotel and found one of the waiters to be very rude, when my husband asked what certain items were, he really couldn't be bothered to tell him and just wanted him to hurry up and order! The entertainment in the evenings was boring, with the exeption of one night, a Drifters tribute band. Some of the staff were nice, others not. There are a few restaurants below this hotel, which included Ciao Ciao, which I had heard from another review was lovely, the food was, but the staff were not, very arrogant and dismissive.

There is a good 10 minute walk to Maspalomas, which is not a problem, but this area was very quiet as well, which I suppose you would expect for January and is certainley not anyones fault.

But for the money we spent at this hotel I would much rather pay a little more and go to somewhere further away, eg Mexico, America, Caribbean and really get a 5 star when paying for it, even if you have to get a last minute deal.

I had to write this review as in my mind I think I was deceived by other reviews of this hotel, and do not want anyone else to be. I certainley wouldnt recommend this hotel for anyone under 60.

by jhfhkdjsh676

special surprise for my fiancee

"i recently took my fiancee away for a surprise birthday present this christmas in 2004.when we arrived at the hotel the room service was exceptional.the staff were very polite and helpful, the food was fantastic as the varity was endless.the entertainment was fun and to top it all off the hotel was amazing.we had an wonderful holiday and will definately be returning this year.i would fully recommend the hotel as it has given me and my fiancee fanastic memories."

Super hotel

"Just returned from a 2 week winter break and thoroughly enjoyed our stay in this excellent hotel. Rooms were spacious and comfortable, food was plentiful and of a high standard - especially enjoyed the sparkling wine on tap at breakfast! A choice of swimming pools - would have liked them a degree or two warmer - lots of sunbeds and mattresses. Staff were all friendly and helpful.

Would thoroughly recommend this hotel to couples or families.

by jamstrat

Superb Holiday

"Just returned from a week here with my wife and 15 Mth old son.We had a absolutely fantastic time.The hotel and facilities were excellent and the food in the restaraunt was extremely varied with very helpfull and friendly staff.

Still nothing going on in the shopping centre across the road yet except a very nice bar.

Couple of decent restaraunts down on the prom.We particually enjoyed Ciao Ciao.

Very quiet area around the hotel but the nightlife of Maspalomas is only a 20 min stroll.

The only problem was not been able to reserve your room for a late check out untill your last day (if available at all !)quite concerning with a young child.

Good hotel - reccommended

"A nice hotel. Well run, staff are very attentive and helpfull- accept our maid who was quite stroppy. Food was good generally, the hotel needs to re-think the breakfast melee, as it can be a bit of a zoo. We had a suite which was excellent. Pools are good and not crowded. Location is OK with a car. Not too near the noisy areas. Resort is OK, beaches not the best - parking usually a problem. Island is beautiful and well worth visiting. Take a ferry from Puerta De Mogan - a great day out.

Evening entertainment was good.

Hotel not the best for young children - well set up for adults - children not encouraged.

Generally would reccommend, but would suggest the hotel is really a good 4 stars rather than 5.

Beautiful H10

"My husband and I stayed at the H10 Playa Meloneras from 8 - 22 July 2004. We had a great time. The hotel is beautiful and unusual in design. We had a lovely room on the seventh floor which looked over the sea towards the marina in the distance. Rooms are very big with a very large bed. The bathroom is lovely with his and hers sinks, we even had a glass dome in the ceiling so you showered in natural light in the morning. There was a bottle of cava and a bouquet of flowers on our arrival. The staff very friendly and welcoming. The pool areas are beautiful. The main pool is mainly for families and when we stayed there were a lot of children about which is ok, but it is good to have the option of the infinity pool which was used mainly by adults. There were enough sunbeds and clean towels every day. Still the usual sunbed 'booking' but not too bad. The reception and bar areas are beautiful with a river running through the main bar. Prices similar to those back home. The only slight criticism was the restaurant which is enormous and does not have enough staff to cater for the amount of diners. At times the restaurant feels frantic and not very relaxing but the food is so good that after a couple of days I soon forgot about it. The choice at breakfast and dinner is great, I can be a fussy eater but I never had any problem getting something to eat every night and everything so fresh. One positive observation was the cleanliness of the entire hotel absolutely spotless. There is a spa but I was so chilled out I never went to it, maybe next visit. Entertainment at night very good for hotel entertainment. The area around the hotel is being developed, although this does not interfere with the H10, but there is a lovely Spanish bar across the road at the back of the hotel and a couple of restaurants which are good for lunch. There is also a promenade and it only takes 15 minutes to walk to nearest shops and bars. Although there is a new hotel being built along the promenade and when we were there the power to the electric lights along the promenade had been cut and I don't like walking in the dark, but you can walk along the front of the hotel so is safe enough. The hotel is quite cut off so if you are looking to be in the middle of the action this is not for you but if you wanting to relax I would highly recommend."

by HolidayReviewer

Worth the wait....

"On holiday between 12 -19 June 04 and we needed a restful week and thats what we got. This Hotel is very efficiently run with decor & furninshings of a high standard. Lots of space in main areas. Although the hotel is big inside, its quiet. The staff were helpful when needed.

We had room on 4th floor and had no disturbances at all. Main bed was plenty big enough and our little boy slept in there with us easily instead of keep using the sofabed. Room cleaned everyday with fresh towels every day & bed linen changed twice . The maid left sweets for us aswell! Air conditioning kept us cool and the use of the room safe was handy.

Restaurant open 7.00 to 10.15 for breakfast & 6.30 - 9.30 for evening meal.

Breakfast was good with just about everything you may want to eat at breakfast; fresh fruit, yogurts, lots of cereals and bread and pastries. Fresh friut juices, a big selection of teas e.g. earl grey, camomile, strawberry, lemom !!.... and different coffees. Omlettes, fried eggs and pancakes cooked as you wanted.

Dinner again provided a large selection of food. Fresh salads, cold starters, soups, pasta, fresh veg. The fish ,meat and poultry all cooked fresh. Fresh fruit, ice cream and individual desserts that were hard to resist (even my husband had some!) and cheese and biscuits. Chips were of course available! Our son went on hunger strike & only ate chips, bread rolls, cake and apples....but there is plenty to choose from for children.

A word of advice though...don't leave your plate unless you are sure you have finished whats on it because the waiting staff will whip it away if they think you're done ! Any drinks you want at dinner are brought to your table and you can pay cash or charge to a tab that you set up at Reception.

Waiting staff are busy but polite & pay special attention to the children.

There are themed nights.e.g. spanish, chinese, bar-b-q.

Any one who could not find food to suit at either breakfast or dinner would have to be very, very fussy!

The Gaudi restaurant was popular .

We found setting up a tab easier that carrying cash around and we settled up when we checked out.

Outside -

The childrens pool was safe with lots of play things left by previous children. By the end of the day the temperature was similiar to a warm bath!! The playground was safe aswell but warning -do not let children play between 12- 3pm as it was scorching and the aluminium slide was burning to touch. the children that were there had a great time.

The family pool was also a nice temperature, safe and the same depth all round = 1.45m

The "adults only" hydra pool (as we called it ) was over the other side of complex & looked directly out over sea.

The Chozo restaurant provided a decent lunch if needed, and plastic cups were provided for drinks to be taken back to your loungers.

Fresh beach towel provided everyday.

The morning "towel brigade" was in operation but it wasn't too bad. A Lifeguard and maintenance crew patrol around and in peak times they will remove towels if they are left too long.

The "wellness centre" provides massages etc but you have to book up early. And charges are extra for using the centre.

Daisy club for children runs 11-1pm & 3-5pm everyday.

The entertainment at night appeared OK but we used to walk along the promenade to Faro Bouleverd & the Lighthouse and have a few drinks (which were much cheaper and better quality than in the hotel). If you go out of the rear exit of the hotel across the road to the shopping mall that is in the process of being finished, you will find a small spanish bar with comfortable seating and a relaxed atmosphere for a quiet drink (again cheaper & better than hotel). A few hotel guests used to wander out there. There are some restaurants down on the seafront if you feel like a change.

We didn't take much money with us & used to get money from bank cashpoint in Faro Boulevard which was very easy.

It was very hot when we were there (children need spf 60) and nearly everyone sat in shade during the hottest parts of the day.

The hotel was 3 quarters full but on our last day it became full (mainly spanish families) .

Check-out time is 12 noon but there is locked luggage room & you can book a courtesy room for 30 mins free of charge if you want to. We were not leaving until 12 midnight so paid the required 40 euros (£26) to keep the room till 8pm.

Taxis take on average 15-25 mins and charge approx 35 euros each way (£23). If you book one in advance through hotel you may even get a black mercedes limosene.

Overall this was a very good hotel stay at & I would not hesitate to go back again. We had a relaxing stressfree holiday. Hope you do too!!

by A TripAdvisor Member

We had a weeks holiday, 12/05/04 to 19/05/04. Excellent hotel.

"The Playa Melanoras Palace, is a lovely hotel, great food and excellent staff, we had lovely walks into Faro. We got the local bus to Porto Rico, then took the ferry to Mogan where we had lunch, and a jug of Sangria, or you could just lie by the pool.

Janet Thomas

by Queen01

It certainly pays to go for quality

"If you want to live in luxury for a week or two, this is the hotel to come to. I cannot think of any food that was not available during my wife and I's stay there week of May 1st. All of the food was of the highest standard and plenty of it. The rooms are excellent and spotless. No fighting at this hotel for sunbeds, the rooms around the pools and abundance of sunbeds eliminates this problem. Only negative points are the cost of drinks, beware they are not cheap, and the very conservative entertainment. If you are 60+ the entertainment is ok. If you are in a younger age group it will bore you rigid. However, it is a nice 15 minute walk along the prom to the Irish 19th hole pub whch helps with the digestion and provides more appropriate entertainment for those of us under 60."

by JohnAlexander44

My husband and I spent 2 weeks over...

"My husband and I spent 2 weeks over Christmas and New Year 2003/2004 at this hotel on a H/B basis. The food was excellent and offered a wide choice.The cleanliness of the pool area and house-keeping was nothing less than superb. The hotel staff cannot do enough to help.

The evening entertainment programme was ok, but not as good as some other 4* & 5* hotels we has visited. A 10min walk along the seafront takes you to Maspalomas where you will find some reasonable shops. Overall I would highly recommend as a relaxing, well catered for all ages holiday and we would certainly visit again.

by A McIntosh

« 1 2 3 »

Map for H10 Playa Meloneras Palace Hotel Closest airport: Gran Canaria (LPA) 18.8 miles