The Hill House

Room: 9.5/10
Service: 9.5/10
Value: 9.5/10
Location: 9.5/10

We arrived at the Hill House after a...

"We arrived at the Hill House after a long Friday night drive. We were met with local organic wine, and an invitation to the basement sauna, fantastic. How to unwind quickly!

The B&B owners Duncan and Alex were very accommodating to our little hen party up in the hills...We had Indian takeaway for supper. Then off up to bed, which was ginormous - about the size of my bedroom back at home. I slept so well. Breakfast was about as big as the four poster I slept in! And the coffee was as thick as treacle...which reminds me, I really must book another couple of days down there.

We then had a day of llama trekking in the forest of dean, which was a little different. It was a good job we had had a hearty breakfast. Next time, I would recommend booking a camel to ride, as the llamas were really naughty, and after a few hours, we were trying to pull them along. Have you seen how big they are? And did you know that when one stops for a wee, they will all stop and wee, and each wee takes about ten minutes. Good fun, anyway.

Back to the Hill House for a glass of champagne in the garden hot tub, looking down through the valley, over the hills, woods, and the castle in the distance, soothing away all the aches and pains of the day. Dinner was at a local "Gastropub". Food was excellent, but there was no soul in the village pub.

So off back to the B&B for some drinking and smoking and wandering around the woods at 2am with lanterns provided by Duncan and Alex. Sunday morning woke a little sad (and hung-over), knowing we would be leaving this wonderful place.

by Rush