Club Praia Da Rocha Apartments

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Club Praia Da Rocha Apartments

Enter your dates:

1 2 314 »
AWFUL!! by Sammy W

Me and my boyfriend have just returned from a week here and I can tell you it was awful!!

We nicknamed the food SLOP! I am sure prisoners in England get fed better, it is disgusting. we did eat there literally because we couldn't afford to eat out every evening (the food in restaurants wasn't much better)

We are not picky, choosey snobby people believe me, but we do expect a certain standard for a 3 star hotel. in my opinion this is a 1 star!

The apartment was large, but the bathroom had me scared to have a shower in as it was soooooooooooooo old and manky!!

if you want ANY appliances, TV remote etc you have to pay for it.

internet you have to pay for (which doesn't even work)

to confirm your transfer you have to pay for (WHAT A JOKE?!)

the only thing good about this area is the beach, we went out of season so it was to be expected.

We didn't even attempt going in the dirty freezing pool.

the staff were unhelpful, we passed our key over on our check out he pointed outside and just said your transfer , no goodbye thanks see you again or anything. pretty much found everyone in the hotel and the area tried to swindle us out of money in one way or the other.

oh and the wild dogs that roam the street, lovely.

And the people constantly trying to sell you drugs or dodgy stuff!

All in all it was a terrible experience, and we will never be staying in this disgusting, dirty, old manky hotel again... DO NOT BELIEVE the FAKE reviews saying 10 out of 10, even the chavviest chav would surely have some expectation higher than this (oh and trust me chav central)

everyone we spoke to in the hotel at the same time as us complained, looked depressed and agreed that it was awful, so definitely know that the other reviews must be fake or maybe there was some kind of miracle that day those people stayed LOL yeah right!

NEVER AGAIN!!! Soooooooooooo glad to be home (and it was 4degrees and raining when we got bk)

• Holiday details: Mar 2014, Booked Independently
  • Advice: dont go

You get what you pay for by Katherine L

We had 7 nights for about £130 for a studio apartment ,which is good value. The apartments were poorly equipped ,no kettle,toaster,tin opener,bottle opener .all had to be hired . Towels only changed once. Bedding not changed at all, beds were bunk beds just separate .

Location was good,pools were ok, plenty good restaurant and pub around ,which were very fairly priced. Would stay again as location was good and apartment were good value .

• Holiday details: Jun 2013, booked with Travel republic
  • Advice: Don't expect too much. Very basic. But good location

You get what you pay for by Katherine L

• Holiday details: Jun 2013, booked with Travel republic
  • Advice: Don't expect too much. Very basic. But good location

great value holiday by jf

We have just arrived back from a weeks all inclusive holiday at the Clube Praia de Rocha.

Having read the reviews we wondered what we had let our selves in for. What we experienced was a outstanding value holiday. If you are the sort of person who looks for faults or expects a 5star holiday for a one star price this is not the hotel for you.

If you want friendly staff, plentiful drinks, adequate food all be It with a slightly limited choice and sometimes a hotel showing its age but with a great pool and good atmosphere in a excellent location then you’ll have a good holiday at the Clube Praia de Rocher. Would we go back? Yes like a shot.

• Holiday details: Apr 2013, Booked Independently

my view by nicolatara

i went with me and my freind just got backweather briliant,food was good you go on holiday to try different things and how countries do different things,so stay at home if you dont like difference,hotel staff was lvely,night life was calm,it even has snacks for chidren of burgers and hotdogs if chidren do not eat there countries style of food,was enough beer,and the club poeple complained about is a all fmily suit were entertainment was,which is a childrens fun room duing day with indoor pool,so were just meant to sit round at night with children fed up,it for families,iam going back with my children,weather hot take sun cream,for a budjet ALL NCLUSIVE,i recomend it,you,ll have to pay for bigger things,as i said iam going back ith my children,would i put my kids at risk and take them,from us lot from preston,WE LOVED THE SHORT BREAK,on a budget

• Holiday details: Apr 2013, Booked Independently
  • Advice: just go with the flow

good holiday by L Toland

went to these apartments in september 2012 with my mother whose 76 my daughters 15 and 1 my sister and two friends, yes the apartments are a bit dated but where clean and had everything we needed microwave wasnt working but staff replaced it straight away. We where self catering so ate out quite a lot entertaintment was very good every evening staff were brillant

couldnt fault anything but doing up the decor a bit, great holiday over all great pub around the corner called dalys bar will go back to these apartments very reasonable price for what you get.

• Holiday details: Sep 2012, Booked Independently
  • Advice: go self catering

Good value for money by Joanna S

Great value for money, yes the rooms are a little dated but very spacious which is great. The food and drinks were fine and entertainment for what we paid for. Towels changed every day, bed a bit hard. Not sure how people can complain for what you pay for this hotel. If you want four or five star then pay for it and stay elsewhere!!!

• Holiday details: Oct 2012, booked with Travel republic

Please don't go to this place. by Samantha A

I have just read some reviews on Trip Adviser and came to the conclusion that they were all put on there by the hotel's staff.

THIS PLACE IS AWFUL.

I went with my wife and 2 daughters(13 & 10) on the so called All Inclusive basis.

On arrival we were put into room 110 in block 2, directly above the ridiculously noisy Video Bar, that was very considerate of them. I will say though that after 2 nights i did complain and were given a move to room 413 in block 2.

I will keep the rest of this review brief as i could be here all day if not.

Food is terrible. No choice, tasteless, lukewarm at the best, repetitive.

I have read that there was plenty available for all tastes, how people can say this when all you could have was 1 fish dish or 1 meat dish all served with chips. This was all we could have for both lunch and dinner for our entire 10 day stay. As i have 2 picky daughters we couldn't eat in the so called restaurants so eat out every day. This ended up virtually ruining our holiday as all our spending money went on food.

Why were the All Inclusive customers also discriminated in the bar. All drinks, hot & cold, were served in plastic cups with half measures, i know we can get drinks when we wanted, but i am a 45 year old man, not a child.

As for the hotel's facilities, laughable is being polite. You have to pay for everything from a toaster to wi-fi, which incidently is free in numerous bars on the strip. No entertainment was provided for the children at all and the evening entertainment was only a few quizzes, karaoke, parrot show and the most pathetic reptile show i have ever seen. This consisted of 2 small lizards and a snake about 12ins long, yet some people actually found it ammusing.

The area stunk of raw sewerage on a couple of occasions and when it rained the whole area became flooded, on one day my girls had to evacuate the games room as the rain was coming through the roof onto the computer terminals.

Quite simply, this place is DREADFUL. It simply cannot offer All Inclusive as they haven't a clue about the service it requires. The hotel is dated and dirty and needs a major overhaul. I am not surprised that the Sister hotel over the road was closed down after featuring on TV's " Holiday's from Hell ", just a shame this place took over from it.

STAY AWAY.

• Advice: Dont go

worst hotel ever by Carol H

just got back from this hotel last wk worse hotel ever, never ever again if we had the money we would have changed hotel food crap staff even worse rooms dirty pool cold dirt and unsafe we stayed all inclusive and went out every day and night couldnt wait to get home DONT GO

• Advice: dont go

Avoid this very poor hotel by Carl T

This is a copy of the complaint i sent to Med Hotels

All Inclusive Package:

We booked the All inclusive package so we could budget our holiday without having to spend too much more money while on holiday, this was not the case as the All Inclusive wasn’t as all inclusive as it should be. There were many extras to the holiday, excessive time restrictions and poor quality food that meant we spent a lot more than we would expect too after paying extra for the package.

1. Standard items you would expect in the room were chargeable, TV Remote Control, Kettle Etc.

2. Sunbed’s and Parasols around the pool were charged at 4 Euros a day, I have never been charged for a sunbed ever at any hotel.

3. Return transfer confirmation was charged; again i have never paid for this before.

4. The snack bar was only open from 11-12 and 3-4 and for the all inclusive had a much smaller choice and self service.

5. The drinks although cheap wine and beer were available from 10 AM, spirits were not available until after 8 PM, as my partner does not drink wine or beer so she could not have an alcoholic drink before 8PM without paying for it. We are not huge drinkers but do like a drink when returning from the beach or maybe after lunch, this was not available to her.

6. The food in the restaurant was the same every day for breakfast and evening meal,, although there might have been a slight change to the meat it was virtually the same with a slightly different sauce and title and had virtually no taste, this was accompanied by dried pasta and chips mostly. The food was also lukewarm, after 3-4 days we decided to eat out.

Cleanliness:

1. The room was not cleaned properly on arrival as there were items on the floor from the previous occupants, we left a couple of these where they were and a week later they were still there, The Floors were not cleaned once in the whole week. I do not expect to get out of the shower and have to clean my feet again half an hour later.

2. There were mould spores on the bathroom ceiling and signs of mould on the tiles.

3. There was no maid service at the weekend, not that you noticed the difference.

4. The Towels were only changed every 4 days, as these were paper thin and in poor condition we had to use our own towels most of the week. The bedding was not changed at all.

5. The public toilets and snack area were in generally not as clean as you would expect either, as particularly in the snack area there was not a clean table available after 12 AM.

1. Our room was on the 9th Floor on the main road side of the hotel with no Air conditioning.

2. The noise from the very busy road was constant including regular car alarms

3. The beds creaked every time you slightly moved or turned over and were not the most comfortable as they were clearly very old.

4. The noise from the corridor and other rooms is another feature of the hotel this is all night as well.

5. When asking for anything from reception the staff were unhelpful and very surly, there was never a can i help you or friendly word, they barely look at you let alone speak if the don’t have too.

6. I never saw a maid so could not ask them when the room was being cleaned, the snack bar staff were unhelpful, if you were all inclusive there was no service at all if you paid for a snack it was brought out to you, if you ordered a half sandwich it was left on the side until you picked it up yourself.

Overall although we don’t expect a 3 star hotel to be fantastic we do expect a certain standard of service and cleanliness that this hotel does not provide. We have paid a decent amount of money for this (over £700) and feel that we have not had anywhere near value for money.

I did ring and complain on Monday 20th August but was told i could only move if i paid more money and if there was availability (This i was not prepared to do although if we were staying for 2 weeks i would have had to), There was no point in complaining to reception as on more than 1 occasion i was present when people complained and they were given short shrift by the reception staff.

• Holiday details: Aug 2012, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Book a different hotel

Love it would go back too by Devon T

Club Praia da rocha

Bare in mind a review older than two years is completely untrue as the building across the road used to be all inclusive and the one you stay in now just self catering that's why all the rooms are so big. It changed as the all inclusive was very bad but now much better. This info came from a couple that come every year with out fail.

We arrived at club Praia da rocha hotel about half 9/10 at night on the 5th October. It was a Friday night so many people where up enjoying themselves. Check in is easy and reception speak good English. You have to pay 30 euros for the safety deposit box but you get 20 back at the Nd of your stay.we decided not to do this and nothing from our rooms went missing. Including iPads money etc. another thing you have to pay for at reception is the air conditioning remote of 10 euros which you get all pay at the end of the stay. We also choose not to do this and in the end didn't even have airconditiong box in our room. At night it wasn't too hot to sleep anyway. Our room was 203 which is on the second floor facing the road. Yes the traffic can be loud with the windows open during the day but at night it's not to bad and could easily get to sleep. My partners snoring however did not and I got the luxurary of sleeping on the sofa bed in the living room which to my suprise was rather comfy. The room it's self is rather big properly bigger than our flat. People who moan that there's not enough room puzzle me as a box room would be fine as you only sleep in. The room its self contains the bedroom that had two single beds that we push together like on all our cheap holidays with a large wardrobe and balcony. Normal size bathroom with shower and bath. Living room and kitchen and a storage room. We were all inclusive so only used the living room when the snoring become too much. Our room facing the road got no sunlight. It took a while for some stuff to dry so if you like to sit in your balcony then ask for a pool facing room where you will get plenty of sun.

Rooms service is basic. There is a sign in the toilet that says the towels are changed every 4 days so leave your towels hanged on correctly.

The bed linen is change once a week

It's forbidding to take any clothes out of the apartment ( we took our towels down to the pool and no one said anything)

The cleanliness is made 5 days a week. Meaning the maids come in make your bed clean the bathroom and empty the bin. But for some reason doesn't mean the dishwasher area as in the kitchen sink :s

Despite the change towels every 4 days we got new ones everyday. It might have been because we put our towels on the balcony to dry each time we used them. We ended up with 10 towels and 10 hand towels.

Only complaint I would have about the maids is that they don't sweep the floor. It doesn't ruin your holiday so there's no need to run down to reception a scream about it yet it would be nice to not walk on sad after a shower.

You can rent other things from reception if your self catering you may have to get them

Fan - 1 euro Toaster - 1 euro Kettle - 1 euro iron - 1 euro Hair dryer -1

All inclusive includes food snacks and drinks.

Breakfast is at 8.00 till 10.30

Includes - soft juices water proper teas and coffees hot chocolate etc

The food was bacon hot dog sausages tomatoes scrambled egg mushrooms boiled egg and beans with toasts rolls and croissants. Cereal also available

Lunch 12.30 till 14.30

Different menu everyday and can be seen on display in reception and in the restaurants window. Very much like what you have for dinner. With wine and beer also available

Dinner 18.30 till 21.30

You get one meat dish (a lot of steak based stuff as well as chicken pork etc) fish dish (many that I havnt heard of along with the traditional cod and tuna) pasta dish. Along side It you can have different types of potatoe (mash was extremely nice) or rice. Salad bar and deserts also. Deserts are the same pretty much every night fruit,mousse, ice cream cakes etc.

We ate in the restaurant most days going out s few times. No complaints from us and on our week stay only heard one group complaining but of course there's always the moaners.

It was all English food. The catered specially for the English guest so I don't see how people can complain that they don't, if you read on a restaurants ,end down the beach it says forgiven breckfast is simple things such as a piece of fruit and a croissant not a half English.

We noticed a coach load of ports came for a few days and only ate in the pizzeria I guess so the English Won't complain.

Also many apartments are up for sale and rent also so some people actually live here and should have the right to enjoy the food also :)

If your hungry between meals and don't wanna spend any money you can go to the snack bar.

Snack bar - 11-12 and 3-3

Yet the food seemed to be out a lot more than that

You get a salad bar as well as the typical hot dogs hamburgers cheese burgers and chips.

Ice cream is meant to be the same but we got it when ever we asked.

For self catering there is a supermarket at the hotel that sell lots of English foods such as pot noodles etc. there's a spar round the corner if you can't find what your looking for in the hotels one.

Drinks

In the snack bar you can get drinks from 10.30 till 18.00 it's self service of soft drinks wine and beer. Never a que when we want but I can see it being much busy in peak times. The wine is sparking at I loved it as normally I hate the Wine in all inclusive. Beer tasted good according to my boyfriend. Sprits strong as they put so much in a small cup

Cocktail bar is the bar in the main hotel and you can get soft drinks beer and wine from 10.00 till midnight but only allowed sprits after 8 which it doesn't tell you in your information pack properly to prevent pissheads causing havoc.

Video bar is open from 8 and is under the rooms to the left. It is we're the entertainment is held. Something different each night and closes at half 11. Things such as karaoke,parrot show,reptile show,quizzes. Great fun for everyone but can get busy and seats run out so get there early.

Great games room !!! They have full size tennis courts,squash,table tennis pinging. Video games,pool,darts,lil rides etc. you have to pay but a few euros would keep the kids entertained.

Pool is lovely. We didn't really inspect it like it seems many others have . You pay 1 euro per sun bed and also 1 for a umbrella. You think that's bad then don't go to the beach expecting a bed its 10 euros there each. Of course the sand is comfy enough. Side is on all day for kids which was nice as our last holiday was only on for two hours a day. The pool is salt water so don't open your eyes. My partner did and couldn't see for a bit. In October there was plenty of room but again in the summer I could see it being very busy.

Also a inside pool. We never used it so cant tell you if it is heated or not but a decent size. No life quard tho.

The beach is close by but down many steps so if you have walking problems it's may be a problem to stay in this area. But the views are fantastic. The sand is clean and pebble free. Many water activities. Such as jet skiing for 40 euros for 20 mins. Pedlo 10 euros for a hour. Also banana boats and other sports.

Waves can get quite big great for surfing and boogie boards.

Annoying part is the looky looky men selling stuff. There are many of them but don't hassle you.

Many restaurants and bars. Really quite in the week we went. Not many people around enjoying the nightlife. Dalys bar right next to the hotel is a Irish bar. One of many but this seems to be the most popular. They have a drag show on 3 times a week that is a must see. Very funny. The drinks are cheap too. We got a wine and a beer for 5 euros. In another Irish bar we paid 5.50 for two ciders.

We ate out at the all you can eat buffet and pizza at lunch once for 7 euros. Very nice would recommend it.

The hotel offers offers some extras such as :

Mail service

Taxi calls

Wake up calls

Babysitter service

Rent a cAr

Baby push chair rental

General information

Transfer conformation for 1.50

Internet access 6 euros would get you a hour so 3 would get get you half hour etc etc

Special offer on airport transport of 65 euros. May be best to book with your holiday.

Money exchange

Excursions

The hotel does all the same excursions you find outside. Sometimes cheaper sometimes more expensive. So it's best to look around first, we went to a rent a car place that did excursions also by the beach. We only done two excursions on this holiday. Slide and splash water park and the Lagos,sagres, st Vincent's.

Slide and splash we payed 26 euros each and includes transfers. The park was pretty empty and with 30.c weather was perfect. You got on each ride in 2mins. Great kids bit also. Average lunch each is bout 8 euros.

The other trip round the towns was a great day out. Only 18 euros each. It picked you up from your hotel dropped you off in the town of Lagos for an hour then to the most south West Point of Europe for photos etc and on to sagres.

Other trips you can do include zoo marine (half water park half zoo)

Aqualand,foto-tour-alte,jeep safari, boat tours,fiesa world of sand,history of algarve,sives and monchiq,Seville,Fatima,Lisbon,eastern algar,markets,fishing ,dolphin watchin.

We spent a week at this hotel and its not as bad as people make out. Food and drink is decent. Staff are friendly didn't come across anyone that was rude. Other guests were lovely many welsh and Irish visitors. I would recommend the hotel to family's, couples and groups.

You get what you pay for by Lezley L

This hotel is a cross between faulty towers and benidorm. Rooms are fairly big but very tired . The first 5 days tried to get a maid to clean the room ,then after that she arrived daily. the self catering rooms which they all are even though you can go all inclusive. We went self catering thankfully ,met some friends who were all inclusive and the ate out almost every day.there are very little equipment for kitchen ,no kettle no toaster no micro .went to reception to complain ,they told me you can hire appliances at a euro a day .what we got was a 2 ring cooker and a fridge that would not close. On the upside good satellite tv lots of English speaking channels . The staff were also very friendly . All in all quite poor but Praia de rocha is a great resort.

1 2 314 »

Stayed at Club Praia Da Rocha Apartments? Share your insight.

Club Praia Da Rocha Apartments also called

• Address: Avda Comunidade Lusiada, Praia Da Rocha 8500-801, Portugal

Map for Club Praia Da Rocha Apartments Closest airport: Faro (FAO) 32.3 miles

Top traveller tips for Club Praia Da Rocha Apartments
  • by Kdarocha

" Athlantis and Hollywood are the best restaurants and Aqua Land and Zoo Marine are great day trips. "

• by OliviaMummy

" Hollywood Steak House, Zoo Marina "

• by harrymoo

" Not to go with a family in june "

• by Polly1506

" The beach is down a steep slope so it's not suitable for anyone not fit and able. "

• by Devon Trevillion

" The Irish bar right next to the hotel as a amazing drag show. So funny worth a see and drinks are cheapest too. The owner and son sing all Irish. "