Club Praia Da Rocha Apartments

hotel photo

Stayed at Club Praia Da Rocha Apartments?

Share your opinion.

Cleanliness: 5.5/10
Location: 7.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Club Praia Da Rocha Apartments

« 1 2 3 414 »
Love it would go back too

"Club Praia da rocha

Bare in mind a review older than two years is completely untrue as the building across the road used to be all inclusive and the one you stay in now just self catering that's why all the rooms are so big. It changed as the all inclusive was very bad but now much better. This info came from a couple that come every year with out fail.

We arrived at club Praia da rocha hotel about half 9/10 at night on the 5th October. It was a Friday night so many people where up enjoying themselves. Check in is easy and reception speak good English. You have to pay 30 euros for the safety deposit box but you get 20 back at the Nd of your stay.we decided not to do this and nothing from our rooms went missing. Including iPads money etc. another thing you have to pay for at reception is the air conditioning remote of 10 euros which you get all pay at the end of the stay. We also choose not to do this and in the end didn't even have airconditiong box in our room. At night it wasn't too hot to sleep anyway. Our room was 203 which is on the second floor facing the road. Yes the traffic can be loud with the windows open during the day but at night it's not to bad and could easily get to sleep. My partners snoring however did not and I got the luxurary of sleeping on the sofa bed in the living room which to my suprise was rather comfy. The room it's self is rather big properly bigger than our flat. People who moan that there's not enough room puzzle me as a box room would be fine as you only sleep in. The room its self contains the bedroom that had two single beds that we push together like on all our cheap holidays with a large wardrobe and balcony. Normal size bathroom with shower and bath. Living room and kitchen and a storage room. We were all inclusive so only used the living room when the snoring become too much. Our room facing the road got no sunlight. It took a while for some stuff to dry so if you like to sit in your balcony then ask for a pool facing room where you will get plenty of sun.

Rooms service is basic. There is a sign in the toilet that says the towels are changed every 4 days so leave your towels hanged on correctly.

The bed linen is change once a week

It's forbidding to take any clothes out of the apartment ( we took our towels down to the pool and no one said anything)

The cleanliness is made 5 days a week. Meaning the maids come in make your bed clean the bathroom and empty the bin. But for some reason doesn't mean the dishwasher area as in the kitchen sink :s

Despite the change towels every 4 days we got new ones everyday. It might have been because we put our towels on the balcony to dry each time we used them. We ended up with 10 towels and 10 hand towels.

Only complaint I would have about the maids is that they don't sweep the floor. It doesn't ruin your holiday so there's no need to run down to reception a scream about it yet it would be nice to not walk on sad after a shower.

You can rent other things from reception if your self catering you may have to get them

Fan - 1 euro Toaster - 1 euro Kettle - 1 euro iron - 1 euro Hair dryer -1

All inclusive includes food snacks and drinks.

Breakfast is at 8.00 till 10.30

Includes - soft juices water proper teas and coffees hot chocolate etc

The food was bacon hot dog sausages tomatoes scrambled egg mushrooms boiled egg and beans with toasts rolls and croissants. Cereal also available

Lunch 12.30 till 14.30

Different menu everyday and can be seen on display in reception and in the restaurants window. Very much like what you have for dinner. With wine and beer also available

Dinner 18.30 till 21.30

You get one meat dish (a lot of steak based stuff as well as chicken pork etc) fish dish (many that I havnt heard of along with the traditional cod and tuna) pasta dish. Along side It you can have different types of potatoe (mash was extremely nice) or rice. Salad bar and deserts also. Deserts are the same pretty much every night fruit,mousse, ice cream cakes etc.

We ate in the restaurant most days going out s few times. No complaints from us and on our week stay only heard one group complaining but of course there's always the moaners.

It was all English food. The catered specially for the English guest so I don't see how people can complain that they don't, if you read on a restaurants ,end down the beach it says forgiven breckfast is simple things such as a piece of fruit and a croissant not a half English.

We noticed a coach load of ports came for a few days and only ate in the pizzeria I guess so the English Won't complain.

Also many apartments are up for sale and rent also so some people actually live here and should have the right to enjoy the food also :)

If your hungry between meals and don't wanna spend any money you can go to the snack bar.

Snack bar - 11-12 and 3-3

Yet the food seemed to be out a lot more than that

You get a salad bar as well as the typical hot dogs hamburgers cheese burgers and chips.

Ice cream is meant to be the same but we got it when ever we asked.

For self catering there is a supermarket at the hotel that sell lots of English foods such as pot noodles etc. there's a spar round the corner if you can't find what your looking for in the hotels one.

Drinks

In the snack bar you can get drinks from 10.30 till 18.00 it's self service of soft drinks wine and beer. Never a que when we want but I can see it being much busy in peak times. The wine is sparking at I loved it as normally I hate the Wine in all inclusive. Beer tasted good according to my boyfriend. Sprits strong as they put so much in a small cup

Cocktail bar is the bar in the main hotel and you can get soft drinks beer and wine from 10.00 till midnight but only allowed sprits after 8 which it doesn't tell you in your information pack properly to prevent pissheads causing havoc.

Video bar is open from 8 and is under the rooms to the left. It is we're the entertainment is held. Something different each night and closes at half 11. Things such as karaoke,parrot show,reptile show,quizzes. Great fun for everyone but can get busy and seats run out so get there early.

Great games room !!! They have full size tennis courts,squash,table tennis pinging. Video games,pool,darts,lil rides etc. you have to pay but a few euros would keep the kids entertained.

Pool is lovely. We didn't really inspect it like it seems many others have . You pay 1 euro per sun bed and also 1 for a umbrella. You think that's bad then don't go to the beach expecting a bed its 10 euros there each. Of course the sand is comfy enough. Side is on all day for kids which was nice as our last holiday was only on for two hours a day. The pool is salt water so don't open your eyes. My partner did and couldn't see for a bit. In October there was plenty of room but again in the summer I could see it being very busy.

Also a inside pool. We never used it so cant tell you if it is heated or not but a decent size. No life quard tho.

The beach is close by but down many steps so if you have walking problems it's may be a problem to stay in this area. But the views are fantastic. The sand is clean and pebble free. Many water activities. Such as jet skiing for 40 euros for 20 mins. Pedlo 10 euros for a hour. Also banana boats and other sports.

Waves can get quite big great for surfing and boogie boards.

Annoying part is the looky looky men selling stuff. There are many of them but don't hassle you.

Many restaurants and bars. Really quite in the week we went. Not many people around enjoying the nightlife. Dalys bar right next to the hotel is a Irish bar. One of many but this seems to be the most popular. They have a drag show on 3 times a week that is a must see. Very funny. The drinks are cheap too. We got a wine and a beer for 5 euros. In another Irish bar we paid 5.50 for two ciders.

We ate out at the all you can eat buffet and pizza at lunch once for 7 euros. Very nice would recommend it.

The hotel offers offers some extras such as :

Mail service

Taxi calls

Wake up calls

Babysitter service

Rent a cAr

Baby push chair rental

General information

Transfer conformation for 1.50

Internet access 6 euros would get you a hour so 3 would get get you half hour etc etc

Special offer on airport transport of 65 euros. May be best to book with your holiday.

Money exchange

Excursions

The hotel does all the same excursions you find outside. Sometimes cheaper sometimes more expensive. So it's best to look around first, we went to a rent a car place that did excursions also by the beach. We only done two excursions on this holiday. Slide and splash water park and the Lagos,sagres, st Vincent's.

Slide and splash we payed 26 euros each and includes transfers. The park was pretty empty and with 30.c weather was perfect. You got on each ride in 2mins. Great kids bit also. Average lunch each is bout 8 euros.

The other trip round the towns was a great day out. Only 18 euros each. It picked you up from your hotel dropped you off in the town of Lagos for an hour then to the most south West Point of Europe for photos etc and on to sagres.

Other trips you can do include zoo marine (half water park half zoo)

Aqualand,foto-tour-alte,jeep safari, boat tours,fiesa world of sand,history of algarve,sives and monchiq,Seville,Fatima,Lisbon,eastern algar,markets,fishing ,dolphin watchin.

We spent a week at this hotel and its not as bad as people make out. Food and drink is decent. Staff are friendly didn't come across anyone that was rude. Other guests were lovely many welsh and Irish visitors. I would recommend the hotel to family's, couples and groups.

• Holiday details: Oct 2012, Booked Independently
by Devon T

You get what you pay for

"This hotel is a cross between faulty towers and benidorm. Rooms are fairly big but very tired . The first 5 days tried to get a maid to clean the room ,then after that she arrived daily. the self catering rooms which they all are even though you can go all inclusive. We went self catering thankfully ,met some friends who were all inclusive and the ate out almost every day.there are very little equipment for kitchen ,no kettle no toaster no micro .went to reception to complain ,they told me you can hire appliances at a euro a day .what we got was a 2 ring cooker and a fridge that would not close. On the upside good satellite tv lots of English speaking channels . The staff were also very friendly . All in all quite poor but Praia de rocha is a great resort."

by Lezley L

POOL NEEDS RENOVATING

"I have just returned home from this hotel and i was reasonably happy until the afternoon before i came home. We were relaxing by the pool when a few people gathered round a grating by the pool ,we thought someone had dropped a ring down it. Next thing we saw was a black thing under a sunbed everyone got up and it ran directly under mine, it was a RAT. staff were informed and duly came with along handled net and removed it. I was shocked as i have never saw a rodent around a pool before.although the pool is attended to each morning it has a chanel round the edge which had dirt and cigarette buts,bits of broken goggles, hair bobbles etc, in. The pool tiles need to be replaced .. This hotel had a silver certificate for food hygene and although food was repetitive it was good, drinks were available when we wanted. Staff were curteous and helpful. the towels were nice soft white ones.we didnt see any insects. Pity about the rat."

• Holiday details: Aug 2012, Booked Independently
  • Advice: If you are not happy tell the manager
by Marian M

never going back to this hotel

"just got back from staying in this hotel and never going back to this hotel, i went all inclusive ended up eating at the irish bar every day (which is very nice indeed). everything in this hotel you have to pay for, when we looked at this hotel it sed there was everything in the room what aload of crap that is and the room itself was ok but very very dated and never cleaned bedding never changed, but there are signs up in the bathroom telling you they dont clean only take bin rubbish everyday.

the food is the same everyday only 1meat and 1fish dish and that is the same everyday breakfeast no bacon just hotdogs so this is why we ate out all the time, snack bar is never open only for drinks, but 1 good thing is the pizza bar is fab and cheap but only open at night. this is more like a 2* hotel not 3* the area itself is well just fab the beach is brill worth the 64 steps up and down to get to it the caves on the beach are outstanding pleanty of shops on the strip for everyone and lots of cheap bars.

• Holiday details: Jul 2012
by Sheila J

never again

"never again how they could call it all inclusive same food everyday meat or fish or pasta no food for kids snack bar open 1 hour in the morning ana 1 hour in the afternoon burger hot dogs salad and chips at the end of the day you got what you paid for thankfully we were only 5 nights"

• Holiday details: Jun 2012, booked with 123 travel
  • Advice: EAT OUT
by Mark E

most disgusting holiday from hell

"i wouldnt allow my dog to stay here, revolting isnt the word!! there are land fills that are cleaner than this ***hole!! Portugal is a beautiful place! but this mmmmm! if the health and safety went there it would be closed!! vomit in the pooland leeches under the bridge of the pool!! we were all inclusive but gave it a wide birth!! THE SLUMS!!"

• Holiday details: Jun 2012
  • Advice: DON'T SYAY UNLESS YOU ARE DESPARATE
by julie lowth

Don't go!

"I usually read reviews to get an overall idea of a hotel before I book it and did the same for this hotel. Oh how I wish I had believed the bad reviews! This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. I don't exect perfection, especially when I know I'm booking a budget holiday. However, I do expect a certain basic standard and I'm usually willing to accept a couple of things I'm not totally happy with and make the most of what I get. But this hotel has absolutely nothing good about it.

Firstly, the apartment. Dirty kitchen area, dirty bathroom. On the first day we saw 3 cockroaches (two live ones which were running across the kitchen worktop / sink, the third a dead one near the door). I complained to reception and was offered a change of apartment but I was concerned there would be no guarantee that another apartment would be any better. The kitchen sink waste was disgusting, as was the bottom of the toilet bowl which was black. Even though it's quite apparent that the hotel is in dire need of renovation, there is no excuse for the poor hygiene standards.

Secondly, the food. We booked an all inclusive deal and arrived at about 2 pm. We had lunch and evening meal and sampled the snacks the next day as we missed breakfast. The food is disgusting. Cold, no choice and cheap - breaded chicken, shrivelled fish fillets, frozen veg, and a bit of lettuce, tomato, cucumber was the "salad" choice. There were no cold meats such as ham or cheese if you wanted a cold salad. The chips were like micro chips and were cold. Another couple we got talking to said they sampled the breakfast once then every day afterwards went to a local snack bar and paid 5 Euros.

Thirdly, the pool area. The pool area is dirty, with broken tiles in and around the pool which are dangerous. The other facilities which are listed as part of the hotel are not free and in fact are owned by an independent company who have nothing to do with the hotel (as advised by the hotel receptionist). The sun loungers cost 1 Euro per day and a parasol is the same. The loungers are only flat and the back doesn't raise up if you want to read.

I spoke to the Hotel Manager and Restaurant Manager who both just happened to be stood in reception as I was walking through and took the opportunity to voice my concerns about the standards of the room and the food. I was told that they had only took over the hotel about 2 months ago and were hoping to put improvements in place. I advised them to read every review and to take special note of the bad comments as every one I have read is not an exaggeration.

I have noticed that the few reviews which give better comments are from people who have booked self-catering but I'd hate to cook anything in the apartment in case the cockroaches had been crawling across the worktops.

We spent one night in the hotel and paid £260 to move to another hotel in Alvor on half board basis - what a difference and worth the cost!

• Holiday details: May 2012, booked with Global Late Deals
by Polly1506

Could be great with a few improvements

"Just got back from Praia da Roche it's a lovely place, this hotel is conveniently situated close enough to all the nightlife but not too close, hotel was fine, room was clean and of a good size, maid comes in every day, but doesn't change the bed linen, as it's only changed once a week!! Food was ok, but not enough variety, we managed to find something, didn't starve but there needs to be at least double in the choice of food, cheeseburger and chips were nice from the snack bar, but all inclusive guests can only eat in the snack bar between 11 - 12 and 3pm - 4pm, took me a few days to get the times right. while we were there maintenance was being carried to improve the hotel, painting, grouting, general tidying etc.. so it seems they are making an effort, there is a new owner who apparently wants to get a 4 star by the end of next season, so will be interesting to see if this is achieved, entertainment was ok, however there's a great little Irish Bar just on the corner, that has live music every evening after 10pm. All in all we had a great time, weather was fantastic and the people were great, it was a last minute getaway and for the price I can't really fault it."

• Holiday details: May 2012, Booked Independently
by Lisa H

Not good enough to be called all inclusive

"This Hotel needs updating the bathroom is disgusting I spent 7 nights and the room havent been clean the beds have been made twice and the towels changed once the breakfast was scrambled eggs mushrooms beans and hotdogs along with the cheepest cerials anyone could ever buy. All inclusive to me means u dont have to pay for sun beds tv remote drinks from 10 in the morning till midnight but not there if you did not drink wine larger or soft drinks you had to pay for it untill 8 at night when you could start having the local drinks intertainment is a no no parrot show and charge 10 £ for picture with them so be carefull with the kids when they put the bird on their shoulder and take a picture it will cost you that place is a money making place I will go back to portugal but will read my reviews and believe what I read for people only write what the think the hotel deserves if one had a lovely time they will not write crap about it.All in all the location is great but hotel no."

• Holiday details: Apr 2012, Booked Independently
by Lana C

People only write reviews if they have a bad holiday

"Glad to see some good reviews about theses apartments. We stayed for 2 weeks in September self catering and were very worried by the reviews we read. Yes the furniture is dated, but apartments are clean and spacious, bins emptied everyday, towels changed every other day, and beds were changed 3 times while we were there. We ate out and had take aways, but like to have breakfast in the apartment. We had a microwave, but had a problem at first with the electic cooking rings, when we went to reception they explained how the rings worked. Reception staff were always helpful and polite. We arrived late at night and had no problem booking in and hiring a safe immediately. We enjoyed our holiday and would stay there again as these appartments are in a good location. I do understand why people who go all inclusive complain because there was only one bar open and you have to pay 1 euro a day for sunbeds ,which meant people did not leave their towels on all day while they went elsewhere. The resort itself was lively with plenty of entertainment, food and drink reasonable, drinks were cheaper in the beach bars, beach is clean and was quieter in the coves. For those who like shopping Portamao is only a mile walk away and is more quaint than Praia Da Roche."

• Holiday details: Sep 2011, Room Only, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Lots of steps down to beach not for disabled or familys with prams
by figaro

nothing to worry about

"have just got back from 10 nights in club praia de roche,was so concerned by the reviews id read i took allpurpose anti bacteral wipes,but although the rooms were tired looking they were clean we had clean towels every other day the cleaner even left me a teatowel as i kept leaving the dishes to drain on the drainer.the staff were always pleasant and the swimming pool was kept clean,i would have no qualms on going again."

• Holiday details: Oct 2011, selfcatering, Booked Independently
by so relaxed

Never Again!!!!

"Just got back from these apartments. Most disgusting apartments we've ever stayed in. We never had our sheets changed whilst we were there. As for the maids, all they did was shake the sheets, take the rubbish away and flush the toilet. There was a dead fly in the room, that lay there for the whole week. Everything revolves around monty there. Even the internet was 6 euros per hour. Sun beds was 1 euro a day, but always gone by 9am, so my elderley parents had to lie on towels on the concrete floor around the pool. Pool was disgusting, with bits of chewing gum and even chicken bones, hair bobbles etc in the gulley inside the pool. Plus side it was central, reception staff were pleasant and a lovely beach (sunbeds 5 euros each a day there), but that doesn't make a happy holiday. We never write reviews, as we like to keep an open mind, but felt we needed to this time to warn other people. Jet2, you let us down this time. Don't know how you have the nerve to advetise this as anything but a dump."

• Holiday details: Aug 2011, self-catering, booked with Jet2.com