Club Praia Da Rocha Apartments

Stayed at Club Praia Da Rocha Apartments?

Share your opinion and write a review

Good

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Club Praia Da Rocha Apartments

Enter your dates:

« 1 2 3 414 »
POOL NEEDS RENOVATING by Marian M

I have just returned home from this hotel and i was reasonably happy until the afternoon before i came home. We were relaxing by the pool when a few people gathered round a grating by the pool ,we thought someone had dropped a ring down it. Next thing we saw was a black thing under a sunbed everyone got up and it ran directly under mine, it was a RAT. staff were informed and duly came with along handled net and removed it. I was shocked as i have never saw a rodent around a pool before.although the pool is attended to each morning it has a chanel round the edge which had dirt and cigarette buts,bits of broken goggles, hair bobbles etc, in. The pool tiles need to be replaced .. This hotel had a silver certificate for food hygene and although food was repetitive it was good, drinks were available when we wanted. Staff were curteous and helpful. the towels were nice soft white ones.we didnt see any insects. Pity about the rat.

• Holiday details: Aug 2012, Booked Independently
  • Advice: If you are not happy tell the manager

never going back to this hotel by Sheila J

just got back from staying in this hotel and never going back to this hotel, i went all inclusive ended up eating at the irish bar every day (which is very nice indeed). everything in this hotel you have to pay for, when we looked at this hotel it sed there was everything in the room what aload of crap that is and the room itself was ok but very very dated and never cleaned bedding never changed, but there are signs up in the bathroom telling you they dont clean only take bin rubbish everyday.

the food is the same everyday only 1meat and 1fish dish and that is the same everyday breakfeast no bacon just hotdogs so this is why we ate out all the time, snack bar is never open only for drinks, but 1 good thing is the pizza bar is fab and cheap but only open at night. this is more like a 2* hotel not 3* the area itself is well just fab the beach is brill worth the 64 steps up and down to get to it the caves on the beach are outstanding pleanty of shops on the strip for everyone and lots of cheap bars.

• Holiday details: Jul 2012

never again by Mark E

never again how they could call it all inclusive same food everyday meat or fish or pasta no food for kids snack bar open 1 hour in the morning ana 1 hour in the afternoon burger hot dogs salad and chips at the end of the day you got what you paid for thankfully we were only 5 nights

• Holiday details: Jun 2012, booked with 123 travel
  • Advice: EAT OUT

most disgusting holiday from hell by julie lowth

i wouldnt allow my dog to stay here, revolting isnt the word!! there are land fills that are cleaner than this ***hole!! Portugal is a beautiful place! but this mmmmm! if the health and safety went there it would be closed!! vomit in the pooland leeches under the bridge of the pool!! we were all inclusive but gave it a wide birth!! THE SLUMS!!

• Holiday details: Jun 2012
  • Advice: DON'T SYAY UNLESS YOU ARE DESPARATE

Don't go! by Polly1506

I usually read reviews to get an overall idea of a hotel before I book it and did the same for this hotel. Oh how I wish I had believed the bad reviews! This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. I don't exect perfection, especially when I know I'm booking a budget holiday. However, I do expect a certain basic standard and I'm usually willing to accept a couple of things I'm not totally happy with and make the most of what I get. But this hotel has absolutely nothing good about it.

Firstly, the apartment. Dirty kitchen area, dirty bathroom. On the first day we saw 3 cockroaches (two live ones which were running across the kitchen worktop / sink, the third a dead one near the door). I complained to reception and was offered a change of apartment but I was concerned there would be no guarantee that another apartment would be any better. The kitchen sink waste was disgusting, as was the bottom of the toilet bowl which was black. Even though it's quite apparent that the hotel is in dire need of renovation, there is no excuse for the poor hygiene standards.

Secondly, the food. We booked an all inclusive deal and arrived at about 2 pm. We had lunch and evening meal and sampled the snacks the next day as we missed breakfast. The food is disgusting. Cold, no choice and cheap - breaded chicken, shrivelled fish fillets, frozen veg, and a bit of lettuce, tomato, cucumber was the "salad" choice. There were no cold meats such as ham or cheese if you wanted a cold salad. The chips were like micro chips and were cold. Another couple we got talking to said they sampled the breakfast once then every day afterwards went to a local snack bar and paid 5 Euros.

Thirdly, the pool area. The pool area is dirty, with broken tiles in and around the pool which are dangerous. The other facilities which are listed as part of the hotel are not free and in fact are owned by an independent company who have nothing to do with the hotel (as advised by the hotel receptionist). The sun loungers cost 1 Euro per day and a parasol is the same. The loungers are only flat and the back doesn't raise up if you want to read.

I spoke to the Hotel Manager and Restaurant Manager who both just happened to be stood in reception as I was walking through and took the opportunity to voice my concerns about the standards of the room and the food. I was told that they had only took over the hotel about 2 months ago and were hoping to put improvements in place. I advised them to read every review and to take special note of the bad comments as every one I have read is not an exaggeration.

I have noticed that the few reviews which give better comments are from people who have booked self-catering but I'd hate to cook anything in the apartment in case the cockroaches had been crawling across the worktops.

We spent one night in the hotel and paid £260 to move to another hotel in Alvor on half board basis - what a difference and worth the cost!

• Holiday details: May 2012, booked with Global Late Deals

Could be great with a few improvements by Lisa H

Just got back from Praia da Roche it's a lovely place, this hotel is conveniently situated close enough to all the nightlife but not too close, hotel was fine, room was clean and of a good size, maid comes in every day, but doesn't change the bed linen, as it's only changed once a week!! Food was ok, but not enough variety, we managed to find something, didn't starve but there needs to be at least double in the choice of food, cheeseburger and chips were nice from the snack bar, but all inclusive guests can only eat in the snack bar between 11 - 12 and 3pm - 4pm, took me a few days to get the times right. while we were there maintenance was being carried to improve the hotel, painting, grouting, general tidying etc.. so it seems they are making an effort, there is a new owner who apparently wants to get a 4 star by the end of next season, so will be interesting to see if this is achieved, entertainment was ok, however there's a great little Irish Bar just on the corner, that has live music every evening after 10pm. All in all we had a great time, weather was fantastic and the people were great, it was a last minute getaway and for the price I can't really fault it.

• Holiday details: May 2012, Booked Independently

Not good enough to be called all inclusive by Lana C

This Hotel needs updating the bathroom is disgusting I spent 7 nights and the room havent been clean the beds have been made twice and the towels changed once the breakfast was scrambled eggs mushrooms beans and hotdogs along with the cheepest cerials anyone could ever buy. All inclusive to me means u dont have to pay for sun beds tv remote drinks from 10 in the morning till midnight but not there if you did not drink wine larger or soft drinks you had to pay for it untill 8 at night when you could start having the local drinks intertainment is a no no parrot show and charge 10 £ for picture with them so be carefull with the kids when they put the bird on their shoulder and take a picture it will cost you that place is a money making place I will go back to portugal but will read my reviews and believe what I read for people only write what the think the hotel deserves if one had a lovely time they will not write crap about it.All in all the location is great but hotel no.

• Holiday details: Apr 2012, Booked Independently

People only write reviews if they have a bad holiday by figaro

Glad to see some good reviews about theses apartments. We stayed for 2 weeks in September self catering and were very worried by the reviews we read. Yes the furniture is dated, but apartments are clean and spacious, bins emptied everyday, towels changed every other day, and beds were changed 3 times while we were there. We ate out and had take aways, but like to have breakfast in the apartment. We had a microwave, but had a problem at first with the electic cooking rings, when we went to reception they explained how the rings worked. Reception staff were always helpful and polite. We arrived late at night and had no problem booking in and hiring a safe immediately. We enjoyed our holiday and would stay there again as these appartments are in a good location. I do understand why people who go all inclusive complain because there was only one bar open and you have to pay 1 euro a day for sunbeds ,which meant people did not leave their towels on all day while they went elsewhere. The resort itself was lively with plenty of entertainment, food and drink reasonable, drinks were cheaper in the beach bars, beach is clean and was quieter in the coves. For those who like shopping Portamao is only a mile walk away and is more quaint than Praia Da Roche.

• Holiday details: Sep 2011, Room Only, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Lots of steps down to beach not for disabled or familys with prams

nothing to worry about by so relaxed

have just got back from 10 nights in club praia de roche,was so concerned by the reviews id read i took allpurpose anti bacteral wipes,but although the rooms were tired looking they were clean we had clean towels every other day the cleaner even left me a teatowel as i kept leaving the dishes to drain on the drainer.the staff were always pleasant and the swimming pool was kept clean,i would have no qualms on going again.

• Holiday details: Oct 2011, selfcatering, Booked Independently

Never Again!!!! by DJ Rosie

Just got back from these apartments. Most disgusting apartments we've ever stayed in. We never had our sheets changed whilst we were there. As for the maids, all they did was shake the sheets, take the rubbish away and flush the toilet. There was a dead fly in the room, that lay there for the whole week. Everything revolves around monty there. Even the internet was 6 euros per hour. Sun beds was 1 euro a day, but always gone by 9am, so my elderley parents had to lie on towels on the concrete floor around the pool. Pool was disgusting, with bits of chewing gum and even chicken bones, hair bobbles etc in the gulley inside the pool. Plus side it was central, reception staff were pleasant and a lovely beach (sunbeds 5 euros each a day there), but that doesn't make a happy holiday. We never write reviews, as we like to keep an open mind, but felt we needed to this time to warn other people. Jet2, you let us down this time. Don't know how you have the nerve to advetise this as anything but a dump.

• Holiday details: Aug 2011, self-catering, booked with Jet2.com
  • Advice: Rebuild

We had a great time. by radie

Just back from a week at these apartments and I was so worried about going after reading all the bad reviews. I found the staff lovely and so help full. The maid came everyday and we got towels every second day.The apartments are massive compared to other places I have stayed but they are cool no need for fans and weather was very hot when we where there.The pool was great and for people that say it is never cleaned I seen it cleaned every morning .I would def go back to these apartments as they are great for families.

• Holiday details: Aug 2011, apartment, booked with Panorama

Not so bad really by ERLS

I was very worried after reading the reviews from this hotel. We arrived very late at night and the reception check in was the easiest I have ever encountered just handing over the key to the room. The room was clean and appropriate the only problem was bed number 4 was a pull out from the sofa and it looked like my daughter was sleeping in a drawer - after the first night we removed the mattress and she slept on this on the floor. The maid service was as was promised and even the days they did not clean the room they came to take the rubbish. The only major problem we had was not really the problem of the hotel in that some "funny" person or persons decided it would be funny to throw a melon from one of the balconies above where we were parked which seriously dented our hire car and caused me a lot of stress as the hire car company were a bit of a cowboy outfit (check your hire car agreement carefully) when I reported this to the hotel reception staff they were totally uninterested and told me it was not there problem - working in customer services myself I thought that this was inappropriate even if they could not do anything about this they could have at least shown a courteous amount of interest. At the same time I pointed out to the receptionist that there was a car and 2 motorbikes parked in the disabled space so we could not - these turned out to be staff vehicles and the answer I received was "the motorbike is mine but it is only a motorbike" - well thats okay then you just stay there haha anyway yes we had to hire sunbeds but it does stop people from being greedy with them and we hired a fan and a toaster but the prices were reasonable and it was easy to get my deposit back. I do not think I would go again as it was a good holiday but I would prefer to be somewhere different another time - as for recommending it ~ I would not recommend ever getting a car again and this resort would not be an easy one to stay at without a car so probably not to be honest - there is some graffiti in the public toilet saying ..... was here 2008 and underneath someone else put bet you didnt come back - this made me laugh as although it is okay it is far from the best and I can understand some of the comments although if you want to be shown to your room and have first class treatment just pay a bit (or a lot) more as you really do get what you pay for and this was cheap so what you get it CHEAP.

• Holiday details: Jul 2011, Room Only, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Treat it as it is - a cheap place to put your head and make the most of it

« 1 2 3 414 »
Stayed at Club Praia Da Rocha Apartments? Share your insight.

Map for Club Praia Da Rocha Apartments Closest airport: Faro (FAO) 32.3 miles