Calas de Ibiza Apartments

Location: 7.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Calas de Ibiza Apartments

1 2 »
great place to stay

"This hotel is so lovely, the beach is literally on your door step, it had its own pool and also has a kids pool, hotel staff was lovely, the rooms are small but that wasn't a problem for us it wad very clean and had all the amenities that are needed, I stayed there with my two children who are 10years and 8years old, they absolutely loved staying here, you can have your room cleaned every day if you want, the rooms are complete with TV fridge toaster plates cutlery and air on it also had a balcony which had a beautiful sea view. The apartment is just 3mins walk from all the shops clubs restaurant, nothing closes so you could go out at anytime go get your needs, the locals are so friendly and their are a lot of families their, you can take a boat to west end which is mine more of a clubbing seen for 3 Euros and it takes 5min or you could take a cab, I was so please with thanks hotel and location, I stayed in a room with my kids, the bedroom has two shingle beds the living room had two large sofa beds"

• Holiday details: Aug 2014, Booked Independently
  • Advice: go out everday and rest when you get back
by vanessa123

Really good

"My 20 something daughter and I have had such a good holiday in this hotel. We were given dire warnings by 'friends'

before we came about the rowdy folk in the town but we found San Antonio Bay to be bustling but quiet with

lots of families so not too many drunks around,thank Goodness.

As for the hotel, we were made to feel most welcome when we arrived at nearly midnight. The apartment

was clean and this was maintained throughout our stay. The accommodation was basic, no frills, but to have

towels changed on a daily basis was a bonus. The housekeeping were friendly and efficient.

The pool was clean and had good sun loungers. The ban on loud music was excellent.

However, the reception staff, all of them, were full of knowledge and good advice. They were unfailingly

friendly and certainly contributed to our happy time.

We would both recommend the hotel and plan to return.

• Holiday details: Jul 2014, Booked Independently
by JenG

Clean, friendly, ideal!!

"We stayed at this hotel as our booked hotel was not available. The location was just off the main road by the sea and close to a busy strip of shops, resturants and bars.

The hotel was a 40 minute walk to San Antonio town but it was a lovely walk with lots to do and see along the way. Alternatively there was a sea taxi available for 2.5 euros.

First impressions were very good and throughout the week we were happy with the cleaniness of the rooms and pool area. House keeping provided clean towels most days and all the staff were exceptionally helpful and friendly.

The pool area was lovely and there were plenty of sun beds available. There was a no music policy by the pool which was so LOVELY and appreciated; although there were people in their rooms with music boxes blasting music out at times.

We were slightly unfortunate to have VERY noisy neighbours in the apartment next door for part of our holiday with loud music, shouting and banging on and off day or night. We dealt with this by speaking to them ourselves. It highlighted the issue that the location for this hotel was likely and did attract many loud and non respectful of other people holiday makers to stay. It may be the party island of Ibiza but that doesnt mean all thought for others goes out the window!

All in all our stay was very good. Its was a value apartment and very good value for money.

Thank you to all the staff at Calas De Ibiza!!

• Holiday details: Jun 2012, Booked Independently
by Lee K

Would stay here again

"We were moved to this hotel upon arrival as the hotel we had booked was full. I actually think we ended up better off!

I would definitely stay here again, and believe me, I have high standards. The staff were incredibly friendly, polite and helpful, and there was always someone on hand should you need anything. Our room was not huge, but us four girls managed to get ready for nights out easily without constantly tripping over one another. It was clean, and cleaned daily, with fresh towels also provided every day. The shower was lovely! We had a lovely view overlooking the beach, but we would have been quite happy to have overlooked the pool as well.

The pool area was great! A lovely sun terrace, which at the time we stayed (11th - 16th August 2011)had sunshine from around 8am til 7pm. This was also kept clean, and the tiles were non-slip - very important when clambering in and out of the pool. There was also a smaller paddling pool for children.

I would not recommend this hotel for people who expect luxury etc... but if you want to stay somewhere that is friendly, welcoming, clean and comfortable, in a good location, then you will have a lovely stay. Ignore the people making this place out to be the hotel from hell - it really isn't!

• Holiday details: Aug 2011, Breakfast Included, Booked Independently
by BridgetJones

A good base!

"Stayed here with my wife mid September time and really enjoyed it. Not the Ritz but very good for the price and we had no problems with noise or anything.

We had an apartment outside the main building at the back of the pool. It was was spacious, clean and the air conditioning was a real lifesaver on the hot nights! The cold tap on the shower did break while we were there, but as soon as we mentioned this to reception it was fixed within a couple of hours. The front desk staff were always polite, helpful and spoke great english.

Amenities nearby are really good. The Spa shop right next door is well stocked and the staff were very friendly. Plenty of nice restaurants around also, Boncala and Jackie Brown's were two we really enjoyed. The beach outside also has a Reggae Cafe which made amazing cocktails! There are also regular boats to San Antonio from this beach for an affordable €2.50 each way.

All in all this was a great little base!

• Holiday details: Sep 2010, Room Only, booked with Monarch
by James

not good

"The hotel is a good distance from the beach, pubs and shops, this is why we chose to stay here. The rooms arn´t very clean and when the cleaner does come once every two days the floor in our room wasn´t even swept. Also we didnt have air conditioning for 4 days, they kept saying that they would fix it but never did. I heard a man say he had been robbed and everything was gone. there was 4 of us in one room and it wasn´t even big enough. I dont think i would stay here again. some of the staff was rude especially one young man. The man who did the night shift tried to help us but didn´t have access to a lot of things so we were just going round in circles and we were very annoyed, hot and tired."

• Holiday details: Sep 2010, Room Only, Booked Independently
  • Advice: not to come
by hannah

Do Not Book this Hotel!!!!

"DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL!!

We arrived at half 5 in the morning only to be told we couldnt have our room until 2pm the next day, apparantly there were no available rooms, even if we paid extra, even though they let another couple straight into a hotel room whilst we waited 8 hours for a room. It then got to around half1 and we were ridiculously tired and asked reception when we could have our room, they said it was being mopped, we finally got into the room at 2.15pm and it was filthy, small and had graffiti all over the walls and on the wall there was a microwave on a telly stand, with a kettle on top. The whole room was a massive let down and felt ridiculously un-safe!! We went down to reception and complained, they then moved us to another hotel saying it was ''better''. The hotel was Hotel Club Maritin!! DO NOT STAY HERE EITHER! This hotel was even worse. Men walking around at night with knives, its NEVER quiet and you also end up waiting hours for a room, while they 'mop', even though the whole week we were there NO cleaning what so ever was done in our room, they didnt even change our sheets. Whilst we were there we met friends who are staying there for the summer who said that you are better off staying in a hostel than a GPS hotel.

The staff at both hotels are rude, unhelpful and turn there backs to you if they feel they cant help. AVOID GPS hotels like the plague, the restaurants run by GPS are worth avoiding.

These hotels are a complete waste of money.

• Holiday details: Jul 2010, Room Only, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Avoid this Hotel and all othe GPS Hotels!!!!!!!!!!
by SamKay

Not as good as last year...

"10 of us in all, 3 couples and 4 lads all in our 20's - ish. We arrived early hours of the morning greeting at reception was friendly and the guy even remebered us from last year. Went to our rooms where we had a slight probelm in so much as we had a GIANT RUSTY HOLE in our bath (only discovered this cos I'm odd and give the room a full inspection before I even sit down). Was a shame cos other than that it was a nice enough room, we were moved to another (not quite as nice) room straight away no problem but now instead of looking over the pool we loked over the street boo. Rooms are clean and basic but all we wanted was a base anyway. In the days the pool is nice enough, but had to play find the sun loungers as half of um were broken. There was no background music by the pool or in the bar so we found that individuals had competing music playing from their own players which was'nt a biggy. The guy who ran the bar was a little on the grumpy side which made me laugh, "got any cider" "no!" "got any bottled beer" "no!!" "what have you got" "San miguel on tap or san miguel on tap!!!". They were not doing any bar snacks either, maybe it was the time of year? but there are plenty of nice places to eat close by that are value for money. It's a great location. You do get what you pay for however we did get more for our money from the hotel last year as it seems to av gone down hill so dont think we'll go back there again, but wouldnt rule it out if the price was right. NOT GOOD FOR FAMILIES!!!!!!"

by Rachclem

i'm 18 and I, my boyfriend and...

"i'm 18 and I, my boyfriend and another couple stayued here for a week...on arrival we had been told they had overbooked, and the people we went with had to stay in our room on the first night, the receptionist appeared lazy and didn't really care, our balcony door was broken and when i informed the receptionist she said "i know".... they never repaired it even though i was constantly asking them to as the repairman "wouldnt do it while i was in the room" - fishy if u ask me, many people staying had complained about being broken into and robbed! one night a naked man lay drunk in front of his room, not the first thing i wana see on holiday! there was sick all over the floor on the corridor n remained there for at least a full day and night before being cleaned! the sunloungers were all broken and there were empty beer bottles and drinks laying around the pool side as this area was obviously never cleaned! i was disappointed with this hotel as from the front and the online pictures make it look so nice, but it's the total opposite! i wouldn't stay here again... the only plus side is that it is basically on the beach and round the corner from the shops and restaurants! Peppers bar was a good night and we went there most nights! The corner shop on the same road as the hotel also sold nice pizza baguettes! The location of this hotel is perfect but if you're planning on going to this part of the island don't stay here!"

by L G

I have just returned from my stay at...

"I have just returned from my stay at the calas. I spent a week there with my sister. On arrival i was shocked and felt totally unprepared by the images i had seen for the apartments in front of me. I Had viewed online wonderful images of huge luxury apartments but the reality was more like a hostel. As i held my breath and tried to think posititve i was met with a quiet rude and short receptionist who without a smile gave me my room key and directed me to the lifts. Bearing in mind that i had spent 12 hours in total travelling, a little mild humour or civility would have been welcome. My room was so shockingly small i felt cloustraphobic. The room was decorated in a not so retro 1080's style and was so outdated i felt dizzy. Handles were falling from the cabnits and there were no towels. After reporting the towels we were given one each!!!! On the second night an infestation of ants decided to inhabit our room. My suitcase, which was placed on the floor as there was no room anywhere for it, was infested. yet as i asked for help and for a alternative room i was quickly told this would be impossible. And a toxic ant spray was blasted about the apartment.

As i contemplated the next mornin whether i was a picky customer i overheard a throng of other guests complaing about similar issues at reception. Each one as shocking as the other.

I have been to Ibiza four times and enjoyed it to the maximum on each occasion, but this. The appartments cost us €1,400 for both of us to stay i still feel robbed and resentful. I would advise people to choose carefully before booking here.

by Coh O''Halloran

this was the second time i stayed in...

"this was the second time i stayed in this hotel, i stayed for a week in September 06 and both times i had an amazing time!!

The hotel staff are really nice, and the bar man, Antonio was really friendly and always had a laugh with him. He also gave us free drinks when we crawled in at god knows wot time in the morning.

I went with my mum and her bf and i had 2 friends on holiday at the same time, they were staying in the Casita Blanca hotel so i was kind of splitting my time between the two hotels. The reception staff didnt care when my friends came back to our hotel and stayed in our room so that was a nice bonus, didnt have to sneak themin! lol

The bay is a nice area to stay in, cheap water taxi ride (2euro) to the town or a 7 euro taxi. Far enough away to get a nice relaxing day off from the clubbing and close enough to enjoy the west end, the shopping and easy bus routes to the clubs in Ibiza town.

Again, the staff were really friends, nice secure clean rooms. Maids changed 3 or 4 times in our 11 day stay, which was enough. they would also give extra towels and sheets if requested with no hassle.

Drinks are cheap, the breakfasts in the hotel were really nice.

Music by the pool was a bit cheesy but during the day i wasnt really there.

The hotel suits families, as long as they dont mind a little bit of noise during the night, at the end of the day it is ibiza you are going to get young people going clubbing and comin in at all hours slightly worse for wear! so no point in complaining!

I am going back again this year (3rd year in a row) unfortunately am unable to find a booking for this hotel this time round, which is a shame as i do like the hotel, but hopefully the hotel iv booked will be good enough. after all the only thing il be using the hotel for is sleeping and showering!

by J Palmer

I and 6 of my friends (all girls)...

"I and 6 of my friends (all girls) went to the callas de Ibiza in July 2007. The hotel was brilliant, the hotel only had people in our age (18+), and we had such a laugh!

Every 1 crowded around the pool through the day, there was always music playing, and the bar was open all through the day.

The pool and rooms were kept nice and clean, although our air conditioning decided to brake and leaked everywhere, but we found it quite amusing, it got fixed the next day’s anyways!

The staff were nice and helpful; we had safes in our room which was also brilliant although we had to pay for them, but well worth it though!

We would DEFINITELY go back to this hotel again, the only down fall was that to get to the west end strip, it was too far to walk so we had to get a taxi or an aqua taxi (cheapest option) every night but the aqua taxi's stopped running at 12 midnight so on the way back u would have to get a taxi.

by J Stonehouse

1 2 »

Map for Calas de Ibiza Apartments Closest airport: Ibiza (IBZ) 4 miles

Top traveller tips for Calas de Ibiza Apartments
  • by Lee Kilby

" Be prepared for the noise from the bars and loudness of people. "