Hotel Stil Sarah

Value: 7.5/10
Cleanliness: 8.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Hotel Stil Sarah

1 2 »
My thoughts and activies.

"I have been going to Hotel Sarah for four years, and i can honestly say there is not a fault with it. The hotel is clean, the staff are friendly and helpfull, rooms are spotless, food is beautiful. You are a minutes walk away from the beach with family resturants along the way. The Sarah is a beautiful hotel and IGNORE every bad comment on here. I have been to Dominican Republic many times and places like that but i have never felt more at home and happy in the Hotel Sarah. I would say defferently go to this hotel and don't hold back. I would like to add a great time to go Majorca were the hotel is situated is in August as they have a two week festivial were all your family can take part in. There is fireworks, food nights, devil run, duck raffle, ect!"

• Holiday details: Jan 2011, Half board, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Just enjoy and try do as many activies as possible.
  • Good For: Beach, City Breaks
by happyholiday

All in order

"First of all, this place is for couples and people wanting a quiet holiday. If you want a bit more nightlife go to magaluf. The hotel is about 1 1/2 fromthe airport by coach transfer. Most of the staff At the hotel were very helpful and friendly. Food was good, fresh and plenty to choose from, lots of cakes, salad and fruit if your not into the hot food. Make use of the fact that you can use the tennis courts from a sister hotel (Can't remember the name.) Beach is quite close and intimate. there is a much bigger beach about a 15 minute walk away though. The hotel is basic but clean. When you think of what you pay, this hotel is good value. I think people who reviewed this badly forget this. Some people go on holiday wanting to complain, i go to enjoy myself, and that is exactly what i did."

• Holiday details: Jul 2008, Half Board, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Nice place. quiet and mainly for couples
  • Activities: Didn't go to any other restaurants as the food at the hotel is good enough.
by wyldewynde

overal great for a three star!

"Upon arriving at hotel sarah we were pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness and appearance of this hotel.

The rooms were basic but for the price was very reasonable. Extremely clean - cleaned every day. Powerful hot water all the time, plenty of towels, clean linen, average sized balcony (best view is in a rooms above the pool).

Had no problems checking in and the staff seemed very friendly even with our bad spanish. The staff were lovely and efficient throughout the holiday. The only bad thing that happend was when booking an excursion to pirates adventure we asked for the late night uncut version but was booked in for the normal show bit of a shame but didnt ruin the holiday at all.

The pool was very clean and the bar was well stocked and fairly priced. There were always plenty of sun loungers arround the pool, and in the garden so no problems getting one.

Ping pong was a giggle and when the ball was broken there was no problems in replacing the faulty equipment immediately.

The buffet was excellent in the evening with plenty of fresh food and variety. Only had chips one day which is a nice change compared to other hotels where it is every day to cater forthe British!! The best food I have had in any spanish hotel so far.

Although the night entertainment was only bearly passable as pub karaoke singers the themed spanish night was lovely and there was always bars open late in the area for a late night cocktail/night cap.

Beach was 2minute walk, a little crowded but always space if you went further back, water warm and clear.

Beware of beachside hut - found a dead ant in my baguette!! To be honest we found the best food in our hotel included in the price so was chuffed with that.

A thoroughly enjoyable holiday with a lovely hotel- would definately return if went to Can Picafort again.

by amz1986

Excellent Value

"After a lot of "surfing" to determine a last minute holiday, it was through reviews that we picked mallorca and Son Baulo/Can Picanfort.

Hotel Sarah is a very clean hotel. The rooms are basic, no TV (hooray!) and have basic beds but the en-suite was good and the shower superb. We had air con but didn't use it, I'd rather listen to distant banter over a meal on a warm evening than listen to that (ac) humming away.

What makes this place is the staff, extremely friendly and helpful. Also a nice, clean bar area (Special mention to Maria a delightful host)

We went half board, and the food was very good, buffet style and plenty of it/and choices, again the dining staff were very pleasant,obviously the menu is on a weekly cycle but the choice alleviates repetitiveness.

The hotel provides entertainment three nights t/out the week which was typical "pub-singer" and OK.

Overall, we had a very pleasant stay, no loutish behaviour, nor kids running amock!...would we recommend....YES, would we go back....YES

Location, @100m from the beach at Son Baulo....ideal!....staying at the nearby "Son Baulo Hotel" could be too noisy (kids!) I read on some reviews complaints about the Sarah not being on the beach...thankgoodness!....Mallorca superb!!

by somerland

Good value but be aware

"I booked my 2 night stay here through AlphaRooms.com. I was in Mallorca on business and was not looking for a hotel with lots of holiday frills. It is a 3 star hotel which is spot on. The Sarah is a short stroll to the beach so if you are looking for a hotel on the beach or sea views, this is not for you.

Initial impressions are good. A smart exterior and reception were let down by a less than enthusiastic greeting from the German recetionist. I checked in late but was just in time for dinner which stops at 8:30 - a little early I thought. I was very pleasantly surprised with the quality and variety of the buffet style food on offer. Very tasty indeed and it seemed to be very fresh.

My room, on the front of the hotel, was very clean but VERY basic. No TV, no aircon or fan and a wafer thin mattress only a notch above a camp bed for comfort. I had a small balcony with views directly across to the next hotel and its delivery bay. At night, I had to keep the curtains drawn for privacy (not nets, just full curtains). This made the room warmer than it needed to be. The shower pressure and hot water reliability in the bathroom was excellent, and that's coming from someone who is quite fussy about showers.

On both mornings of my stay I was woken at 4:30 by airport transfer coaches parked beneath my room with engines left running. Would be courteous of them to turn their engines off at that time of the morning but I guess they'll then get complaints from passengers saying it's too hot on board without the aircon. If you want more peace, ask for a room NOT at the front of the hotel.

All in all, a good value (£80 half board, 2 nights) basic hotel with clean but simple rooms, tasty food and close to (but not on) the beach.

by tripboy98

best honeymoon

"i got married may 3 this year and due to work i could not take my honeymoon then, so i really look forward to it in june. I was also 40 in june so thats why we waited till june. We had a very poor flight but when we arrived at the Sarah then made us fill most welcome. They gave us a key and we arrived at are room to find the room had single beds and no view, but when we booked the holiday we informed them it is for a honeymoon and asked for a nice room and got charged for this. As we had a bad flight we arived at the hotel at 4.35 am so we just went to bed after we had a few hours sleep we went down for breakfast and spoke to the hotel re the room and informed us they did not no so they asked us to go to breakfast and that was great as we walked out of breakfast they said that they have a room they were very sorry about the mix up. it was a great room with pool view dobble bed what more could we ask for. For the next 10 nights it was a great honeymoon great food, very nice staff, very clean rooms,good night life, bar prices not bad, most of the gest we spoke to have been there before its pitty they dont leave a review . it the best hotel ive stayed in and cant wait to go back next year you pay a lot more for a tomson gold holiday and this hotel beats them. They do have children but not many you really need to see it for yourself."

by tickford1

solid 3 star hotel

"A solid 3 star hotel, very clean, hard working staff, rooms a bit basic but in good state of repair, meals decent. I have just retured from a 10 day HB stay at £18 a night booked thru 'xcape withus.com.' Check-in quick but have to hand in passport to be collected later in the day. All double rooms in the hotel have twin beds. The beds are a bit basic with mattresses in good condition but moving about slightly when you get in or out, and the beds themselves not the biggest but adequate. Nice bedside lighting. Good but a bit small bathroom with a bathtub containing a good shower. Good quality towels and toilet paper. Adequate wardrobe with hangers. Nice balcony with the two doors opening outwards enhancing the size of the room and supporting the already adequate air-conditioning in the room. The balcony is competely private from the neighbours on either side- but may not be from anything opposite the Hotel (depending on your room location): for example, the taller Ferrer hotel was opposite my room from where the people in the balconies there could see right into my room when the curtains were open. NO TV or kettle in the room. The room is cleaned every day with the linen changed and new towels provided. The dining area is quite spacious and air-conditioned with no queue problems even when busy (as it usually was). Reasonable selection of food for both breakfast and dinner, and reasonable variety from day to day. No drinks are provided with evening meals, though, and you have to pay for these when leaving the dining-room each night and they are not cheap- likewise the hotel bar, which charges much more than the neighbouring hotels and bars. The staff in the dining-room are hard working if not a little hard-pressed. There are two large sitting-areas, open plan, on the ground fllor next to reception, each with its own large and quality television and plenty of very comfortable seats. The swimming pool is about 12.5 metres long and usually quite clean, likewise the quite large graasy area next to it.

Both are generously supplied with sun loungers. Entertainment-singers only- is about 4 nights a week, I did not watch but heard itit. There are almost no children here- unlike the neighbouring hotels, particularly the Son Baulo Hotel-which is not surprising as there is little for them to do within this hotel. The clientele is about 70% German, 25% British. I found the Hotel rather cheerless despite its many good points. The hotel is not non-smoking, but no smoking is allowed in the dining-room and in one of the sitting areas. But there is little cigarette smoke smell in this hotel anyway so it should be alright if you do not smoke- like me. The nearby beach is only 100metres away and is called the Son Baulo beach. It is very disappointing indeed-only about 120 metres long and about 35 metres wide, save for the bit that backs onto a rather unpleasant area of quite stagnant water and greenery. Both ends of this beach have rocks and seaweed hence narrowing the area available for swimming. There is a much better beach about 45 minutes walk to the right (south-east) of Son Baulo beach, just follow the sand paths along the sea, with sand dunes, much more isolated and quieter, only about 20 people (mainly nudists though) along its 1/2 mile length and lovely sand and water. The other alternative is to go to the centre of Can Picafort itself, about a 15 min walk moving left (north west) from the Son Baulo beach, where the beach is about 1 1/2 miles long and about 30 metre wide and backed by a busy pedestrianised promenade and with lots of sunloungers for which you have to pay (as with the Son Baulo beach). The best beach by far is up at Alcudia - must be at least 2 miles long, about 50 metres wide, graet sand and water-like something from the Caribbean. back to Hotel Sarah, situated in the quiet Son Baulo area of Can Picafort. She is surrounded by about 10 bars and 6-8 other hotels- but after about 11.15 at night any entertainment in the hotels have stopped and there is very little to do other than sit out at a bar. There are no discos or clubs here at this end of Can Picafort with only 2 I believe in Can Picafort itself. The prices in can Picafort overrall are expensive with 80pence, for example, for a Mars bar; sun screen is about twice as dear as here in UK. These are just 2 of many examples. car hire is also not cheap, and petrol about the same as in UK. Only exception is beer which you can easily get for 2 euros a pint. This area of Spain is MUCH dearer than Lanzarote, for example. As to the weather, most of the days had good sunny intervals but with only 1 competely clear days and 3 days were cloudier with rain.

Local buses are quite cheap and will take you to Alcudia, Port de Pollensa (very nice with very decent beach better than central Can Picafort beach ), Inca and elsewhere. Transfer to hotel took 85 minutes, 80 minutes on the way back for 26 euros with Mallorca Shuttlebus- vehicles were immaculate but time taken slow.

by Johnchivers

Great stay

"My boyfriend and i have just returned - literly! from a 5 night stay at this hotel.

The Hotel is great, clean, staff were friendly and had no problems.

The rooms-

Basic, clean, comfortable and maintained daily with basic wardrobe and drawers, perfectly clean with basic beds which did the job, but nothing special.

You can hire fans, fridges, safes all at a daily rate but we didnt find the need to as there is some form of air con in the room and we had the balcony door open at night.

Pool-

Clean, plenty of sun loungers and garden space to relax at with seating near the bar and a pool table 2 euros.

Bar- Served drinks untill 1am, but we didnt use this, went to Shenanigans down the road - a must for all!

Resturant-

Great! nice selection of different foods each night, breakfasts consisted of cereals, sausage, some form of eggs, clod ham, fruit, cheese, bacon, bread rolls & dariylee and free juices supplied.

dinner consisted of salads, chips, chicken, pork, mash, desserts, fruits, enough choice to keep you happy and had different meals each night, but you do have to pay for drinks at dinner, i got around that by having pineapple slices, saved a few pennies.

Check in was easy, as was checkout with some one about 24 hours a day...if you do stumble in at gone 2am.

There are a few bars and lots of local restuants and shops around all good prices and you can take a walk along the prominade to find more places to eat and dine out as the beach is just down the road.

This is a great hotel and would be happy to stay again! so go and enjoy

by sammysyrett

smart little hotel

"for a late booking we were pleasently suprised,however we were lucky to get a 4th floor room which are enormous & are family rooms, but for the two of us it was fantastic,the hotel is kept very clean,the staff are very friendly,even the maids are chatty,the food is generally good with plenty of choice,located just out of the town centre(approx 15 mins walk),but the local bars are plentyfull.the pool area is small but there is a large grassed area & plenty of sunbeds for all,entertainment is basic but adequate,overall a very nice hotel & holiday,i we would definately go back again"

by slogs

I have only been abroad three times...

"I have only been abroad three times so I don't have that much experience of hotels, but I had a wonderful time at hotel Sarah. I am 18 but I came here with my mum, dad, brother (16) and sister (10)

When you first get there and walk in to the reception area it is wonderful because they have the most fantastic air-conditioning, there is no air conditioning in the actual hotel rooms but this didn't matter because when my family got too hot we just came and sat down here! We got there a little late for the dinner buffet but the staff were really kind and let us in anyway which I thought was kind.

The rooms are quite basic but spacious enough and when we asked to change rooms after been allocated a family room which was next to a noisy generator this was no problem at all. I don't think you can really get a sea view (not sure) but we had a view of the pool and I enjoyed this because I could keep an I on the sun loungers in the morning to see what time I would have to go and get myself one :-p. (they do go quite quick).

My sister and I spent most of our time in the pool which is small and cold but warms up during the day and is never too crowded.

Me and my brother made lots of friends as did my sister, but don't worry, this does not mean there are lots of rowdy teenagers around, the teenagers were all in the same position as us; on holiday with there families on a quiet holiday. Most of the time we just watched the entertainment (which isn't great but quite funny all the same) or walked down to the beach.

The beach is beautiful and the sea is very clean and clear with no seaweed and during the day a man walked along with a huge sack of fruits like pineapple, coconut, bananas and watermelons which he cut up and gave out for not much money at all.

The food at the hotel is really nice and there is a lot to choose from although if you are vegetarian (like my sister and I) you may have to accept having lots of salads etc.

During the second week we went out more, the bus takes you everywhere but gets very cramped, there are some great water parks and markets around.

My nannan and granddad also came to stay at the hotel during the second week and as it was my nannans birthday we wanted to get her a cake. The staff at the hotel baked a huge one for us for a small price and all sung happy birthday to her with us which made her really happy.

As you can probably tell I had a wonderful holiday, the only exception was the crickets which the rep told us were everywhere. I was terrified but it didn't seem to bother anyone else!

by R Thompson

my Hubby and I stayed at the Sarah...

"my Hubby and I stayed at the Sarah for 7 nights in may this year. We had popped in the year before to have a look when we were staying elsewhere in the resort.

We have to say we were most impressed with the friendly staff, the clean and bright reception and dinning room, the food was basic but not bad, ok the landing to our room could do with a lick of paint but the rooms were clean and well kept, I don’t think we saw a maid all week, but the rooms were cleaned daily so they obviously do their job well.

We visit this area every year and wouldn’t hesitate in going back to the Sarah. Very reasonably priced hotel.

We had to leave early morning for flight and the little guy on reception offered to make us coffee and breakfast while we waited for our taxi, he was lovely.

by  S Pearson

Great little hotel

"We (husand, myself, mother and father-in-law) visited this hotel for a 2 week holiday a few years ago and we loved it.

Spotlessly clean, great food, friendly staff and good evening entertainment.

At our time of visit there was no air-conditioning in the rooms but we hired a fan and that helped a bit. Be interesting to hear if they have now upgraded the bedrooms as we were advised of this when we were there.

by delzzzzzburd