Amarante Garden Palms Resort

hotel photo

Stayed at Amarante Garden Palms Resort?

Share your opinion.

Good

Service: 7.5/10
Cleanliness: 7.5/10

« 1 2 3 4 58 »
Spent a week in the Tropicana Garden...

"Spent a week in the Tropicana Garden Palms after a Red Sea Cruise. The cruise was our 3rd Thomson's & was as always excellent.

Unfortunately the same can't be said for the hotel, definitely not 4 star. Staff were friendly & always helpful & the rooms were very good & cleaned daily, however this didn't make up for the other shortfalls.

Food was dreadful, always lukewarm, & sometimes unrecognisable. There was always a shortage of glasses in the restaurant & sometimes we had to drink our water out of the bottles at lunch time. If you could find a cup, bowl or plate which wasn't chipped or cracked you were doing well.

We ate out in Naama Bay 4 nights out of the 7 we stayed at this hotel as it was so poor.

One plus was the heated outdoor pool which was great, but the pool area itself is in need of some repair as the concrete is broken & uneven. Here again, the poolside snack bar food was very bad (brought over from the restaurant) & was left in large tureens all day on the bar...Yuk! Only facility the bar had for making tea/coffee was water from a small thermos flask which they had to keep filling up. Cold drinks were not always cold even though they were dispensed from chiller pumps.

We used the shuttle to visit the Tropicana Oasis Hotel where we had vouchers for a meal & a drink. We went into the Hotel restaurant for lunch & were told we couldn't eat there but had to go to the outside snack bar. The food here was appalling .... I had a bread roll & a bottle of water for my lunch!

All I can say is I'm glad I wasn't there Christmas week. This is not the standard of hotel we have come to expect from Thomson & I did hear that it won't be one of the Thomson hotels in 2008. If it is still in the brochure, please steer clear of this one. We only booked this after reading lots of good reviews from 2006/early 2007. Late 2007 has seen a major downturn in standards.

by Julie Law

Went on a girly holiday with my...

"Went on a girly holiday with my sister and her two daughters. Had a wonderful time, best of my life even. Food was great, room was very clean, a bit tired and in need of a face lift but the staff cleaned and supplied fresh towels and sheets and little surprises in the form of animals made from the towels every day, lovely touch. No complaints at all really.

Around the small pool, the flooring was a little shabby as the terraline coating was coming off but the pool was heated, fab. The larger pool wasn't heated but made no difference, was pleasantly refreshing in the heat of the day.

The entertainment on an evening was poor, disco rather 70s and the local Egyptian evenings were a bit naff, so we made our own entertainment, a pack of cards, a few glasses of wine and an mp3 player with speakers made our evenings rather pleasant.

We did several excursions, Red Sea cruise, water park, quad bikes and a trip to St Catherines monastery, all excellent but wouldn't do the monastery again, very long day, but nice. Also, swam with the dolphins brilliant but not very good value for money, £83 for half an hour. Everything else was good value, although after reading other comments about Sharm, its cheaper to book your excursions in Narma Bay, half price it seems.

All in all a fantastic holiday, didn't want to come home, we would recommend this beautiful hotel any time.

by D Marshall

We stayed at this hotel Sept 2007, it...

"We stayed at this hotel Sept 2007, it was the best holiday that we have had,

The hotel was very clean, the rooms were cleaned every day. The hotel staff were very friendly & polite.

I would recommend this hotel. The only down side is the entertainment but you can always entertain yourselves.

The food was good, there’s always something for you to find to eat.

Hope to go back soon.

by H Green

I and my wife Gemma decided that for...

"I and my wife Gemma decided that for our 3rd anniversary we wanted to go somewhere special, memorable and of course unique.

Look no further than this place as we were there for only 7 days but it literally was the best holiday we have ever had!! And that says a lot as we have been all inclusive to France, Greece, and The Dominican Republic!

The people at the Tropicana Garden palms hotel were lovely and well mannered. Our room was special as it was right near the swimming pool with a lovely view.

And as for the swimming pools, well they were great with the bars also by the pool.

Only downside was people coming up to us while we were relaxing on the sunbeds trying to sell tattoos, massages, and even get a French manicure!!

The food was fantastic all day every day. We would put the food with no hesitation at 10 out of 10!! It really was that Good!!

The Bars were also excellent with prompt service and once again lovely mannered people. Only downside was the night time entertainment but this pales into insignificance with the rest of the good things.

Overall I would rate the holiday as 9.5 out of 10 and hopefully will definitely be going back in the near future!!

I would recommend this place to anybody. Thank you for reading.

by D O McDonald

We stayed at this hotel at the same...

"We stayed at this hotel at the same time last year and had a lovely time again. The staff are all very good and friendly and many remembered us from last year.

The food is still very good but not as good as last year. The hotel is still kept very clean but some of the furniture in our rooms were quite shabby. Some of the furniture around the pool area was damaged and really needed to be replaced.

The evening entertainment is really dreadful. The staff from the health club are constantly pestering you and became a real nuisance.

My daughter and myself both had manicures and pedicures but they only lasted 2 days! Don’t waste your money!

Even so we had a lovely holiday but i really think this hotel should be rated as 3 star and not 4.

by M Roberts

First time to Egypt and it certainly...

"First time to Egypt and it certainly won't be my last. Fantastic hotel with fantastic staff nothing too much trouble. Good rooms kept extremely clean every day. Hotel food very good (anyone who say's different must be extremely fussy), we went with our 14 year old who is very fussy and even she enjoyed the food.

The guys round the pool and waiters are fabulous and work very hard - we didn't need to ask for a drink they got used to what you were drinking and just kept bringing them throughout the day.

Entertainment was very limited but after a day around the pool or out sight seeing we were ready for our bed.

Highly recommended hotel - fantastic

by C Wallace

This holiday was absolutely...

"This holiday was absolutely fantastic. Definitely the best holiday I have ever been on.

All of the staff were so friendly it’s unbelievable. They are all so happy and willing to help all the time.

Every day our room was made up by the cleaners and they always made our towels into animals - very artistic.

The food was lovely and on a Friday, as it is the Muslim holy day, there was a selection of Arabic dishes along with other things if that doesn't appeal to you.

We enjoyed the water aerobics and generally lazing around the pool listening to the music that 'Pob' the DJ would play.

The hotel is situated very near the main strip in Naama Bay. There was a shuttle bus from the hotel which would take you there or if you miss the bus, its no problem as the taxi used to cost us approx £1.50

I was so pleased with the holiday and can't speak highly enough of it. I am definitely going back next year!

by J Dackombe

This hotel was excellent, the maid...

"This hotel was excellent, the maid service was first class with fresh towels everyday all staff are so friendly and Thai massage was amazing.

I have to mention a place called Alf Leila wa Leila we got taken there with an Egyptian friend we made, and its an amazing real Egyptian night out with belly dancing shows and other entertainment and the place itself is beautiful, well worth a visit only around 10 mins and cheap in taxi from hotel.

Went snorkelling for the first time to Ras Mohammed was breathtaking!

I have to say if all you want to do is be lazy do nothing and spend all day getting drunk go somewhere else, don't ruin a possible perfect holiday by embarrassing other brits!

by F Mcluckie

We have just returned from a week...

"We have just returned from a week here and it was one of the best holidays I have ever had. The Hotel was first class and the staff there could not do enough for you. They are all so friendly and seem to really enjoy their work.

The rooms are cleaned everyday with fresh linen and always a sculpture left on your bed (either with towels blanket or sheets).

The food was excellent, always so much to choose from especially the desserts. All the staff were friendly and made every effort to ensure that we enjoyed our holiday.

Although they don't ask for it, tips are very much appreciated and in my opinion well deserved with how hard they work.

I would recommend going on an official camel trip into the Sinai with the Bedouins, this was a fantastic way to spend the afternoon into the early evening watching the Sunset. An experience I will always remember.

I would also recommend the Cairo trip by plane, it is a long day, but you pack so much into it. Not all of the tours are exactly the same, it depends which tour operator you book with, but I think they all do the Egypt Museum, The Pyramids, and The Sphinx.

We also went for a cruise on the Nile, went to the Papyrus museum as well as a Perfume shop that was owned by the Bedouins. Here you could buy any famous brand perfume in its purest form, before any alcohol or other things are added.

The whole day was such a worthwhile experience and the flight was only 55 minutes from Sharm.

Going into Naama Bay in the evening is a must, it is full of shops, restaurants, bars and Shisha bars (flavoured Tobacco). You will constantly be asked by shop keepers to come into their shop 'cheap prices' etc, don't be daunted they are very friendly and if you just say "la - shokran" (no thanks) they usually leave you alone.

Whatever price you are given for something, bargain them down, they expect it. Normally half the price they gave you and work up from there. If they offer you a drink, don't worry it isn't them trying to sell you anything it is just them offering you their hospitality.

There is also Old Sharm that is very similar to Naama Bay but is much quieter.

I would highly recommend both Sharm and Tropicana Garden Palms.

by L Stone

The hotel very clean rooms kept very...

"The hotel very clean rooms kept very tidy. My wife was left with swans and flower designs on the bed each time the room was cleaned.

The service of the staff is excellent.

Taxi to Naama bay do not pay more than 25 .e pounds or£2.50. The shuttle bus takes you in at night also daytime free bus up to the sister hotel on the beach.

The pestering of the people to buy things from their shops does get on your nerves but just say no thanks and walk.

Taxi to old town 40 e.pounds this is an eye opener to see. The weather was excellent a good destination for this time of the year.

The full inclusive board is excellent, waiter’s service excellent.

by J Roe

Just returned from 2weeks at this...

"Just returned from 2weeks at this hotel, weather was absolutely fantastic. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a relaxing holiday.

Food was good but could have done with more variety over the 2week period, we popped to McDonalds along the road (just a 9minute walk) just for a bit of junk food.

I was a bit worried because it was my 17year old son and myself going but I needn't have worried we met some fantastic people who made us feel extremely welcome and I have to say that one family in particular made my sons holiday, so I would like to thank Mark, Sarah, Amy and Joe for their immense kindness.

The rooms at the hotel were cleaned every day with fresh towels and linen.

I agree with other people’s comments that a tip here and there certainly helps show the staff that they are appreciated, they all work so hard to ensure that everybody’s holiday is a success.

by  K Milward

Just returned from 2 weeks here. This...

"Just returned from 2 weeks here. This place is wonderful if you want a quiet, relaxing holiday. All the staff are brilliant, and can't do enough for you.

They certainly know how to ensure you enjoy your holiday, and they all seem to enjoy their work. The food was good (especially the puddings) with something for everyone.

The rooms were big and spacious, and kept spotlessly clean with clean towels and bedding every day - with towel sculptures on bed most days. Plenty of sunbeds around the pools, although needed to be up early to get one with an umbrella! All areas of the hotel kept looking good and clean.

Not much in the way of entertainment at nights, but you could go into Naama Bay if you are looking for more in this area. Thomson rep, Natalie, was excellent - nothing too much trouble for her.

Please note that if you are in an upstairs room, there is no balcony but ground floor do have a terrace. Some of the rooms are around the smaller pool, whilst others look out onto garden areas.

Hotel also on flight path to airport (I think most are in this area), with planes going over every 10 mins or so, but you soon get used to them, and after a couple of hours don't really notice them!

We took a couple of trips - Cairo by air - do this if you can; it is a great day out, and also snorkelling at Ras Mohammed - another excellent day out.

Otherwise we just spent the time relaxing by the pool and getting a suntan.

Would definitely go back to this hotel.

by  S Gordon

« 1 2 3 4 58 »

Map for Amarante Garden Palms Resort Closest airport: Sharm El Sheikh (SSH) 10.7 miles