Sea View Cottages Apartments

Behind Titos Disco Baga Beach, Baga Beach 403516, India
hotel photo

Good

Room: 4.5/10

not even a dog will stay here by Ankita_Srivastava

The most ridiculous traveling experience I had in this cottage.all the staff is so so arrogant...and one old man who apparently was manager of this place is so rude..he doesn't even know how to talk to guests.what ever complain we did,he always blamed us...we hired one of the Scotties they offered at 300/-but that very day,that Scotty went bad.we requested them to exchange it.but none of the staff paid any attention..they just went on with their normal routines as if we were not existing there.then,on much argument they told us to go ourselves and repair that Scotty .when i shouted,that we are not here for repairing their damn Scotty. That bloody old man told us why we took their Scotty on the first place..i mean ,literally ,they spoiled our day..then he asked us to tell in which room we were staying and he will throw us out..ohh god..such rude and unmanned people existed in a tourist place,we didn't even knew that...please never ever stay in this place...as long as u are having no qualms about what rotten food or dingy room you will be having,you will face no problem..but once you complain about even a small thing,you will be disgraced and your whole traveling experience will be spoiled....

• Holiday details: Jan 2014, Booked Independently
  • Advice: they are only good to foreigners and not Indians...

Best Holiday ever by Jan

We have been to Goa 7 times in differant acccomadation but this was the best ever. Sea View cottages was perfect location for everything. The food in hotel was great better than some resturants and half the price, Rooms were clean and cleaned regularly nothing was ever a problem to the staff they was always willing to please.The resturant staff were all very nice and room service for meals were spot on. The pool area was cleaned every day along with the pool, pool boy so helpfull. I will never stay anywhere else but Sea View Cottages from now on.I couldnt find 1 fault it was Paradise so peacefull considering how close we were to titos road and Baga road we never heard any noise or music day or night. overall first class for the money.

• Holiday details: Mar 2011, Breakfast Included, booked with Jewel and the Crown
  • Advice: Go there

best facilities at a good price by rgoel20

I went there in jan feb 2008 for 8 days along with college friends as it was our last semester at college;and we had the best trip of our lives at this hotel .It is centrally located next to Tito's and Mambos the heart of Goan Nightlife..and very good food as well

• Holiday details: Jan 2008, Full Board, Booked Independently

seaview cottages by ald

stayed two weeks at seaview cottages and had a wonderful time, the rooms are basic (as advertised and therefore expected), cleaned daily if required, staff very friendly and courteous,excellant food, nice clean pool, and as it is family run they actually care about what you think, and we were often asked if everything was up to standard(something i dont feel you get in larger establishments). Location is perfect, as it is only 2mins from the beach, and TTos road, which also joins onto the main highstreet, yet had no noise problems at all.

• Holiday details: Mar 2009, Bed & Breakfast, booked with travelsport ltd
  • Activities: restaurants-fiestas, east meets west, kum faa. sightseeing-dhudasga waterfalls,markets,elephants

Our First Goa Holiday by kpwafu

Just got back from staying at the Seaview Cottages,they are clean,basic,in a really great location just short stroll to the beach and even closer to "Tito's Lane" with all the bars, shops and restaraunts.

Seaview Cottages have a pool,small but clean. The "Paradise" restaraunt is not very pleasant to look at but the food is fresh, tasty & good value.Everyone at Seaveiw was very freindly and helpfull.

Used "Captains Cabin" shack on Baga Beach most days, the staff were all great,the food & drink was good value and freshly cooked.All the shacks we used were good as each other although "Bottle Bay" stood out as a bit different....

We didn't book any trips through our tour company, we used the local taxi firm who were really good,reliable and cheaper than the rep... the waterfall & spice plantation is worth doing but the snorkelling trip is not,slow boat trip,no dolphins, few fish,bad visibilty & rubbish on the beach at the island.

Shopping was a memorable experience,the markets aren't always as good value as you think..we used "Newtons" supermarket in Candolim which was really good value especially if you don't like bartering much...All the shops along the main Baga/Calangute road sell a lot of the same stuff but are good to have a browse around.

All in All Baga "Goa" is not the real India but it's great to visit if you like good nightlife, good food, great beach and a laid back lifestyle to totally relax on holiday...

Arrived back yesterday after spending... by A Whitehead

Arrived back yesterday after spending two weeks at Seaview cottages. What's the accommodation like? where do I start!

The rooms are very basic which is okay as Goa is very under developed and there is a lot of Poverty. The rooms are cleaned and sheets and towels changed every day but you need to ask otherwise it doesn't get done. However the walls of the room we stayed in had brown stains on them, which looked gross.

When I booked my holiday they said that the rooms have air conditioning and yes they have but what they don't tell you, is that you will have to pay extra when you get there 400rs a day (approx £4).

On top of that you will also need to pay 150rs a day if you want a fridge in your room and 150rs a day if you would like a television (approx £2). In my opinion it is not worth paying the extras to stay here. You would be better off using the extra £100 and booking into a nicer hotel like CSM.

I met a couple of people you checked out of Seaview after their 2nd day and went to CSM.

Seaview Cottages do not give you a Seaview as the name suggests, you are about a 5 min walk away, which is fine.

On the upside the hotel is in a good location, within 5 min walking distance of the shops, beach, restaurants, bars and clubs.

These were lovely 2* cottages that... by D Dewart

These were lovely 2* cottages that are 2mins walk to the beach. They are bang in the middle of Baga and Calangute Beach so you can choose which one you prefer. They are round the corner from Tito's road with Tito's bar, Mango bar and some fantastic restaurants.

They are very basic, but most accoms in Goa are. The people here are lovely, they are very friendly. The cleaner was amazing, she made different shapes out of the towels/sheets everyday and they were great! She made a human with my boyfriends clothes/shoes with the towels/sheets for padding and it was fantastic (although I did walk into the room thinking there was a weird looking guy on my bed). Sheets/towels were changed at least every 2nd day.

There was a security guard who sat outside at night, making sure nobody would come in (his uniform had a Los Angeles police badge :O)

The rooms all have great fans in them so they are quite cool, but beware of the power cuts (at least once every night for about an hour) and always have a torch as it gets pitch black early and there is no street lighting. I did feel safe in Goa, it is a beautiful place and I'd definitely go back. Make sure you get good mosquito repellant with Deet in it, and you can be sure you won’t get bitten. I didn’t get a single bite and I didn’t see any bugs in the rooms (apart from ants), but there were no scary ones.

If you stay in these apartments, you can see an elephant walk past every morning, it's pretty cool! And there are lots of cows walking around (very well respected in India).

There are a million and ten taxis available so you can get around very easily and it is unbelievably cheap. I went for a week, I ate like a pig and drank like a fish and I only spent 150GB the whole time.

Read 12 additional reviews of Sea View Cottages Apartments

Stayed at Sea View Cottages Apartments? Share your insight.

Map for Sea View Cottages Apartments Closest airport: Goa (GOI) 13.2 miles

Top traveller tips for Sea View Cottages Apartments
  • by ald

" lovely beach, take your own towels for the sunbeds, and be prepared to be hastled by the sellers "