Diana Hotel

Good

Cleanliness: 7.5/10

1 2 »
Excellent

"I Went to the Diana Hotel this August & can honestly say although very basic had an extremely enjoyable stay. Very basic breakfast consisting of cereal,coffee & Tea but too be honest if you wanted anything more there are plenty of cafe's & restaurant's that provide a very substantial full english!!.The hotel is about a 3 minute walk from the beach which is very busy but stunning.All in all i would highly recommend this hotel, the propiretor Billy is very helpfull & very friendly.Thank you Billy for a lovely honeymoon :-D.

Only thing i could fault would be the non existance of a Thomson Rep !! apart from this everything was great.

• Holiday details: Aug 2010, Breakfast Included, booked with Thomson
  • Advice: yes
by Beckie

Unenjoyable hotel and resort

"The Hotel Diana is a family run business which is very basic. The rooms contain a bed, a dressing table with mirror, a built in wardrobe, a small balcony and an en suite bathroom. There are no tea/ coffee making facilities, complimentary toiletries or suchlike and if you want any form of air conditioning you have to rent a fan from reception. You can also hire a safety deposit box from reception for 10 euros a week. The reception is rarely manned, but one of the 3 owners can generally be found in the bar area.

The breakfast consists of cereal and bread, with tea, coffee or orange squash to accompany it. This was, my boyfriend and I found, not substantial enough for us as we were soon hungry again and simply did not like the quality of the food. We ended up spending extra money buying supermarket products instead and so were quite disappointed with this aspect.

The rooms are clean enough (the maid comes every day except Sunday and towels are changed twice a week) and the actual location was fairly good as it was only 3 minutes from the beach. On arrival though, the airport transfer coach will have to drop you off on the nearby main street as the road the hotel is on is too small for it to get down. Other than that the actual placing of the hotel is great.

I can't say much for the resort at all. There is a very limited amount to do unless you are happy to sit on the beach (which is quite pebbly) every day: you also have to watch out for the sea urchins if you go swimming in the sea, as my boyfriend and I both got spines embedded in our feet. You will end up having to pay for excursions out or buses/ taxis to local towns for something to do in the day and for nightlife (there is no entertainment at the hotel) and it just turns out deceptively expensive, especially while the pound- euro exchange rate is so bad. The best thing to do is hire a car/ moped if you can, as there is ample parking at the hotel and you will be able to get good use out of it and actually get to see more of the local area.

Overall we were very disappointed with this holiday and actually looked forward to going home. The hotel was basic, the resort was quite boring, anything worthwhile doing cost a lot and it just turned out more hassle than fun. I wouldn't recommend it unless you were just looking for a quiet place to relax in the sun, and even then a week seems plenty of time.

• Holiday details: Jun 2009, Bed & Breakfast, booked with Thomson
by JET266

Awful Awful Place

"My wife and I booked a late deal to the Diana last week. When we got off the bus from the airport, we had to drag our cases down a small road as the bus was too big to get down. When we arrived at the hotel, the owner had no recored of any booking. After the confusion was sorted, we were shown to a roon along a dark corridor. To say the room is basic is a compliment. No cooking equipment, no fridge, not even a bottle opener. There's no air conditioning, which can be a big problem due to the heat. The resort itself is also a massive let down. All I can describe it as is Blackpool with Sun. There's graffiti everywhere you look, and the beach is way overcrowded. Avoid both Pfekehoi and the Diana like the plague. AWFUL."

• Holiday details: Jun 2009, Bed & Breakfast, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Dump
  • Activities: My favourite part of this holiday will be returning home.
by chumble

Not so bad

"My parner and I stayed at the Diana hotel in Sept 08, I have to say after reading the reviews I wasnt too sure about wot to expect.

Billy and his mother and father are very welcoming always have time for a hello, mother and father dont have too much to say however they dont speak a lot of english, but always had a smile.

The rooms are small but clean and maids cleaned everyday except sunday, ours had a balcony overlooking an alley and didnt get a lot of sun. But it was enough for us, you dont spend the whole of your holiday in your room do you?

If you are expecting a lavish breakfast then you will be dissapointed, this consists of cornflakes, orange juice and tea and coffee. The bread for the toast i found was quite cheap and my partner said the cornflakes were a cheap brand also, we are not big breakfast eaters and found this to be not so bad.

The resort itself although very nice consists of lots of restaurant/tavernas and lacked bars with entertainment so was very quite, again not so bad if that is what you want. The restaurants and tavernas i cannot fault, we didnt have a bad meal wherever we went, and can certainly reccomend the taverna opposite the hotel itself, beautiful. The beach is only 3 mins at most from the hotel and most of the sunbeds are free if you buy a drink from the bar where it is situated.

If you are looking for a change i would reccomend going to the Hanioti, the resort before you get to Pefkohori, there are loads of bars restaurants and shops to look around, we didnt go on a night but would have liked to, we only decided to go there the day before we left, so didnt get chance to sample the "nightlife" there. We came home refreshed and glad that we had been.

by suemc65

The worst hotel ever been. It was my...

"The worst hotel ever been.

It was my package trip with Thomson and it's expensive for what you actually get.

There was no air conditioning instead you can rent fan for extra 25E week. Hotels room needs of a good clean, carpets covered with stains, no soup in bathroom!

For breakfast cornflakes, bread and jam and you can have it from 9.00 to 9.30 with no enough room for all of us. In hostel you will get better selection.

I had room overlooking street where noise from bar and restaurant below didn't let sleep until 2am.

I have to mention that hotel is situated in great location near to the beach with great restaurant nearby and nice beach but for me its not enough. I can believe that enyone would have good time in this place. Don't go there if you don't want spoil your holiday.

I would not go back to the Diana hotel.

by   Gosia

This year will be our 5th visit to...

"This year will be our 5th visit to diana and although a lot of the previous reviews find fault we find for a cheap greek holiday it provides much of our requirements.Dont come expecting lots of discos,bars & pools because they are few & far between! The beach which is 3mins away is lovely so is the sea,there is plenty of tavernas and the bar at the diana is a great place to spend a social evening."

by D Gorton

The rooms at the Diana were cramped...

"The rooms at the Diana were cramped and in need of a good clean. Carpets in Greek hotels!!!!!!!

We had a room at the back of the property with a view overlooking another property.

The owner was friendly enough on arrival, but thereafter made us feel like it was all a bit of an effort!!

We hired a fan for the week and even in May this was far from ideal!!!

The breakfast was disgusting!!! I have thrown better bread to the birds.

I would not go back to the Diana. Its very expensive within the Thomson range for what you actually get.

Pefkohori is a lovely place but if you go, please find somewhere else to stay.

by Margaret Dwyer

What can I say but brilliant! We have...

"What can I say but brilliant! We have been to Pefkhori before and stayed in the Atrium hotel up on the hill it was nice but a bit out of the way. The Diana is in a perfect location, just a small stroll to the beach, restaurants and bars. Billy and his family are really friendly and will do anything to make your stay there special. Most of the guests at the hotel had stayed there previously so that tells you how nice it is. Rooms and hotel are really clean. It definitely lives up to is name of small and friendly. The only complaint I have is that Thomson don't have it advertised in their brochure for 2008."

by V Coyle

Just returned back from holiday,...

"Just returned back from holiday, Billy and his family made us feel welcome. The hotel was clean and had a friendly atmosphere the rooms were cleaned daily except Sunday.

There was no TV in the rooms, breakfast was basic, but we found this adequate.

The resort was very quiet and we would not leave it as late as October should we decide to go back. We went on the Alexander the Great trip which was excellent and a daytrip to Thessaloniki, it was very busy so if you are not one for crowds this is probably one for you to avoid.

Captains is an excellent place to eat the food is very good and cheap, set menu for two people three courses for 20 Euros the staff there are friendly and helpful.

by A Cattell

Resort was great but the hotel leaves...

"Resort was great but the hotel leaves a lot to be desired. Very basic accommodation which is not very clean.

Our bathroom had a very bad smell coming from the drains and the drain covers inside the bathroom were loose. This problem went on for two days before the cleaner resolved the smell with what appeared to be bleach down the drain holes.

Breakfast was a joke with very basic food supplied including hard stale bread and cheap fruit juice (diluted).

We would definitely recommend the region as a great holiday destination - but don't go near this hotel - unless you want to rough it.

by EJ Wrightson

For the money we paid for our two...

"For the money we paid for our two week holiday at the Diana, our party were well satisfied. The hotel is very clean, modern and comfortable. The owner, Billy and his family are friendly and very helpful. OK, his parents don't speak English but hey this is Greece!!

The resort is superb and the weather was hot, hot, hot!!! All the restaurants we visited were first class and the food was very delicious. Most have offers for two people, which cannot be faulted.

Our Thomson Rep. Damon was first class and could actually be found attending to our every need... the excursions, although a bit expensive were good fun and we were glad to have taken them.

Two things not to miss in Pefkohori is El Greco Taverna just up from the jetty. Billy, the owner runs a very nice restaurant and is a fine host. His family are delightful. Also the daily boat trip from the jetty across to Sithonia, which costs approximately 20 euros. I just wished I had had the courage to jump off the boat into the sea to swim... perhaps next year, who knows?

by J Burkitt

Pefkohori it self is ok, but the...

"Pefkohori it self is ok, but the Hotel Diana leaves a lot to be desired. The owner is very rude.

The breakfast if you can call it that, was appalling by any standards. The breakfast was so bad ---hard bread , cordial tried to make it look like fresh orange, tea and coffee from a machine, that in my opinion had never been clean out since day one.

The Hotel was a joke at the local cafe where all Diana guests met each day for a proper breakfast. The joke was it reminded us of 'Faulty towers'. Going back to the coffee machine it was never used by the owners for their morning drink, and also it was lucky that no one went down with a bug.

by J Oldfield

1 2 »

Map for Diana Hotel

Diana Hotel photos (3 traveller photos)
Top traveller tips for Diana Hotel
  • by JET266

" Other than visiting the beach there is very little to do, so hire/ budget for some transport "