Diana Hotel

Share your opinion.

Good

Cleanliness: 7.5/10

« 1 2
My husband and I have just returned...

"My husband and I have just returned from a weeks holiday at the Hotel Diana and had a lovely time. Billy the owner speaks very good English so was able to point us in the direction of things, and he was very accommodating in honouring our requests. His parents English was very limited, however they did their best in meeting our needs and were also very friendly.

This was our first stay in a hotel less than 3T, however as soon as we arrived any concerns vanished. The rooms are basic, but you have everything you need and they are clean. They aren't air conditioned however, but fans are available from Billy. We never needed one as there are 2 slide doors leading to the balcony, one of which is slat style, so the air was able to come through.

There is a comfortable bar to have a few drinks in before going to dinner, and it is open until 2am. The breakfast was very basic - cornflakes (not Kellogs obviously), toast with jam, tea or coffee, but this suited us fine. After all, how many days of the week at home do you eat the amount that is served at some of these larger hotels??

The area of Pefkohori had plenty to offer a young couple such as us, but equally suited families and older couples alike. The beach did get crowded, however we always managed to get a nice spot. I would give this hotel a 8/10, and am seriously considering another visit soon.

by L Bryant

Excellent small clean and friendly...

"Excellent small clean and friendly hotel and well located, 2 mins from the beach (beware there were a few sea urchins around would advise you to wear shoes for going into the water).

Visalli the owner very friendly and make the best gin and tonic ever.

Don't get excited by breakfast it is bread and jam, orange juice, tea or coffee. Linen changed regularly and maid service every day apart from Sunday but hey I am sure you can live with that.

The only drawback there was no air conditioning and temperatures were in the 40's when we were there. Plenty of pubs and restaurants for meals out cafes and snack bars if you don't fancy a huge meal.

Beautiful area hire a car to get about use the local companies they are fine.

by P Heley

Had a lovely holiday in Pefkohori the...

"Had a lovely holiday in Pefkohori the weather was perfect. The Hotel Diana is very basic so would not recommend to any one who wanted a more luxurios accommodation.

The rooms are basic with not much storage space and I would recommend the carpets being cleaned and the bathroom fittings overhauled, the grill in the shower came away and my foot nearly disappeared.

The breakfast is advertised by Billy as being very basic and it was. Don't want a massive breakfast, but perhaps a few more choices of cereal would have been nicer rather than just cornflakes and bread and jam or toast and jam. On saying that everyone was very friendly and helpful.

On a better note please go to restaurant El Gecco. Turn left out of the hotel then first right. It is down there on the left. You will get an amazing meal served by a friendly person also called Billy. He will treat you very well and make sure your meal is outstanding, We had a few meals there and had on the house drinks and puddings. He speaks good English, but feel ashamed we don't make more effort to speak a foreign language.

by O Hand

Everything that could go right, did....

"Everything that could go right, did.

Starting at the airport. The plane departure time had been brought forward (we never checked), there was nobody at the desk and when we got there we thought we would be sitting apart but straight away they offered us the two seats at the front, that we would normally have to pay extra for.

We only booked a cheap holiday to keep us going till September so we were not expecting anything brilliant but I was so wrong.

Pefkhori is a beautiful place, not too crowded[early may] and the weather was brilliant.

The hotel Diana is a lovely family run place very clean and very friendly, the breakfast is very basic but hey! who cares it is only six in the morning [our time].

There are lots of wonderful places to eat and nice bars, the captains restaurant is very good nice staff.

The trip to the weekly market was good, lots and I mean lots of stalls lots of clothes, handbags, shoes [don’t take a full suitcase] oh yes and belts and caps and clothes for the men!

Did a boat trip as well it was really good, sunbathed, played beach games, ate, drank, and had a really fun day out. The beach at Pefkhori is nice and because we went at the beginning of may it wasn’t crowded.

I’ve given this place a rating of 9 because we had a lovely chilled out time with no worries and no problems no complaints what so ever.

by J Farley

A friendly welcome by the owner of...

"A friendly welcome by the owner of the hotel, but his parents who also help with the running of the hotel leave a lot to be desired. They work behind the bar and also in the breakfast room. You were made to feel awkward asking for a drink and they were VERY unfriendly.

We were not aware we had to clear our own breakfast things away due to the fact we had hardly been down to breakfast as it was so bad (crusty bread, and dried up cornflakes every day) and were given a telling off by the owners father for leaving them on the table! We simply have never cleared away plates before at any other hotel and didn't realise this is what we had to do. If he had been more polite I would not have minded. They created a bad atmosphere in the hotel. We were made to feel like we were not welcome at all.

Apart from that hotel was clean and situated in a great location near to the beach. But really this hotel should be called Thomson Small and 'Unfriendly'.

Won't be staying there again.

by R Jones

This was my second trip back to the...

"This was my second trip back to the Diana. Again, what can I say the hotel was immaculate, and Billy and his mum and dad treated all the guests as one of the family.

This is the perfect resort to go to if you want to get away from it all!!! Pefkohori and the locals give you a true taste of Greek life.

The wonderful tavernas are full of mouth-watering recipes - where do you go first.

For a truly wonderful night out - go on the Greek night excursion and the many wonderful trips giving you an insight into Greek culture and history.

A wonderful country and a more wonderful nation.

Can’t wait for 2005 - see you all again in the summer

by V DORIC

My ten out of ten is for the lovely...

"My ten out of ten is for the lovely hotel and the staff there, as well as the beautiful village of Pefkohori.

The only thing that spoiled our holiday was the Thomson excursions, I had vowed never to go on another one after an embarrassing fiasco in Corfu, but the people I was with preferred to use the Thomson excursions as they felt more "secure" with them.

You are taken miles and miles by coach, which is boring, and makes you feel less than energetic. It is obvious that Thomson want to pack as many people on their boats as possible which makes the seating once on board very cramped, (if you get to sit anywhere)! My advice to visitors is to skip the Thomson excursions, especially the Sunset Cruise that was expensive and absolutely appalling, (unless you enjoy eating your evening meal in front of the very smelly lavatories) and enjoy the sunset from the resort!!

by J H Mitchell

« 1 2
Read 16 additional reviews of Diana Hotel

Map for Diana Hotel
Diana Hotel photos (3 traveller photos)