Zafiris Hotel

Good

Food: 8.5/10
Value: 8.5/10

1 2 35 »
The best family holiday ever

"Having left my wife to book the whole holiday i was expecting the worst !!

However this was by far the best holiday we have had and we have been all over the world.Thinking we would have a budget holiday we booked with average expectations,but we got the holiday of a lifetime mainly due to the superb staff at the Zafaris, from the minute we got there which was 4am in the morning we where greeted with a big warm smile and some fresh cold water by Alan who drove us up the short hill to our apartment.

The apartment was clean and modern.Everyday the bed linen was changed and the apartment cleaned,supplied with the basic cooking implements,microwave grill toaster and kettle.

The one thing which was way above everything else we experienced was the hospitality of the staff,especially Niko and Angela who waited hand and foot on us everyday by the pool..these guys work from 9am till 6pm 7 days a week,not once did they complain or look fed up.They looked after us and our our 3 girls every single day,serving good food and refreshing drinks.they talked to us everyday and showed genuine interest in ourselves and the girls.Kids club was also brilliant a couple of hours each day providing good educational entertainment,leaving me and the wife to do grown up things..wink wink!

The zafaris is situated right on top of the canal demour,with lovely sunsets every evening.The beach is 50meters away, so one day beach the next pool..fantastic.You must try the swim through the cave awesome!!

Next year is all inclusive which is a great idea as we spent far more than we had budgeted for, as usual.So see you next year..forget the star rating because this is 5 star plus.

see you next year...Yamass!

• Holiday details: Aug 2011, Room Only, booked with Thomson
  • Advice: try all the local cuisine
by johnny b

Great Holiday!

"Spent last week at the Zifaris with my partner, two sons aged 10 and 5 and my partner's elderly parents. It was a terrific location overlooking the Sea. The staff were great and looked after us well. The apartments were ok and regularly cleaned. No bother with insects,a few ants but if you use plug ins, citrus candles and regularly clean all sticky mess and food up then no problem

Food in surrounding Tavernas was more hit than miss and reasonably priced. And local beer and wine is also ok.

Back to Zafiris. It is great for young kids but Grandma and Grandpa thought it was a brilliant holiday to! Would recommend it and Corfu as a wonderful holiday for the family.

• Holiday details: Jun 2011, Room Only, booked with First Choice
by Colonel Sanders, Hotel Apts

first timer

"Really enjoyed our stay room was cleaned daily not sunday they need a day off. Pool bar staff really freindly made us feel welcome. Fantastic veiws from pool area saxaphone bar good entertainment night time took our granddaughter who is one as sidari is flat to walk around we found it nice to push the buggy. There is alot of places to eat and not that expensive. The beeches need a bit of cleaning up but we went in may so maybe they dont clean them till the start of the season. We will defo go back as we met some really nice people. Hope too see ya soon.xx"

• Holiday details: May 2011, Room Only, booked with First Choice
  • Advice: take a book and just relax
by evo clan

very very good

"best self catering in a long long time my thanks for this must go to the staff and especially the pool bar staff Dimitri Yanni Nicki and Angela, Uncle Sam say Yasoo"

• Holiday details: May 2011, Room Only, Booked Independently
by Uncle Sam

Superb

"We have just returned from our cheeky little week at the Zafiris Hotel in Sadari, and have to say we had a wonderful time there, early May you take a chance on the weather and the hotel if you have not been to the ara before. we were extremly lucky with both so much so we landed, slept then headed for the travel agents to book for 2012,we were that impressed. Niki, Angela, Dimiti and Dawn (aka Barbie) were grat, they made our holiday what it was, amazing customer service and the kids club rep Dani was simply awsome...Kirsty was funny not up to the 100% yet but she will get their, Slow down at the welcome meeting and walk around you audience Kirsty will be great...Out accomodating was beautiful, well equiped clean and very well placed in the complex, the pool, sun loungers and situ of the whole complex was the best 100% on all areas.. thanks you to you all and cant wait to return........"

• Holiday details: May 2011, Room Only, booked with First Choice
by Angirox

wonderful week !

"First time in Sidari, and could,nt fault the Zafiris. The wonderful Nicky met us on arrival, and could not do enough for us, and was the same right throughout the holiday. There was not a lot of entertainment here (except greek night), which was hilarious, and the food delicious. The sax bar at the bottom of the complex is lovely, and Yannis along with Nicky can,t do enough for you. We were a group of mixed ages elderly to baby, and we all thoroughly enjoyed it. The only thing is i would not go again in October as it rained almost every day ! We went to Cactus Jacks just the once, and the young waiter there waved and shouted hello every time we passed. All in all the local people are very friendly, and the food glorious, although the journey from the airport is pretty hairy."

• Holiday details: Oct 2010, Room Only, booked with First Choice
  • Advice: Go in season (may to Sept)
by lola

oh my god never again!!!!!!!!!!!

"well i booked to go to sidari as i had been on holiday here 5 years ago and it was really nice and lots to do and the beach was beautiful.....but this time although we got a cheap deal it was awful the appartments was dirty and very damp our beds were wet through and our clothes were damp i even had to wash our clean clothes when i got home as they were damp..my kettle blew up when i first tried to use it and kept blowing the electric although i reported it i had to wait 3 days and had to collect my own from reception.there was nothing to do in the restaraunt unless you like playing pool on a slanted pool table..then we went to the beach oh my god the water is disgusting..all in all i would not go there again if i got the holiday for free..."

• Holiday details: Oct 2010, Room Only, booked with First Choice
  • Advice: dont go!!!!!!!!!!!
by tracy

Some good points but damp,smelly room and poor room facilities

"We got a really good deal for end of season at the Zafiras so I wasnt expecting too much. For the first week in October the weather was quite changeable and we had two full days of rain and thunderstorms.We had been to Sidari before - Its ok - very much a tourist resort aimed at the Brits but the views of Albania are stunning and if you hire a car places like Paleokstritsa and Kassiopi are lovely. Lets start with the positives.

The staff were lovely,really helpful even after working long hours.

The pool area was really spacious with loads of beds and an amazing view of Albania.

The Greek night was brilliant really good fun and the food was quite good too.

Saxophone bar - the bar man is so lovely and he works really hard. The atmosphere was also good.

Now for the negatives!

We arrived early hours and were shown to our room.The door was open wide obviously to air the room. The smell of bleach was overwhelming but still didnt disguise the awful smell of damp.

After switching the lights on we could see black mould on the curtains and on the walls but were too tired to complain and went to bed.

The bedclothes felt damp and were really old and stained with bleach marks.

The following morning I just wanted some toast for beakfast-no toaster! The microwave didnt work and that just left a kettle end two ring electric hob-only one socket anyway so we decided to eat out for the holiday.

It took ages to get any hot water which you need for showers/baths in October.

The balcony had a really dodgy rail which wasnt attached properly good job we didnt have any children with us.

I decided to just get on with the holiday and spend as little time in the room as possible after all we hadnt paid much and I assumed we had been given the worst room at Zafiras.

Towards the end of the week we got chatting to a number of other people and every single one of them complained about the damp and the smell it was so bad even the fresh towels felt damp after an hour or two even though we hadnt used them.

Would I return? No

Would I recommend? No

by sunseeker

Wow What a great place

"I had the best time ever and really want to go back right now.

The Staff were great and made my mum ,sister and me very welcome it was like being part of there family.

Apartments very clean and lots of room.

I loved it

• Holiday details: Jun 2010, Room Only, booked with First Choice
  • Advice: yes
by martin

not for self catering

"The apartments were clean and set out nice, but the self catering side was not as good, there was one small ring to cook on, and if your a family of 4 it would be hard to cook on that and all eat at the same time, it did have a microwave but you cant have that plugged in at the same time as the ring as there is only one plug socket!, the saucepans were also very big, could of done with smaller ones, not many cooking utensils either, also lots of ants in the room, we were on the ground floor, also mossies love to eat you alive out there, so take insect repelent! the pool area was great, the park was good for the kids too, as was the kids club, my son enjoyed that very much. Dont touch the poles near the sea, as when we walked down to have a look there were 2 poles sticking out the ground, i held onto them to steady my footing on going down to watch the waves crash in, but on my return up 10 minutes later, when i held onto it i had a massive electric shock! there is no warning to say they are live at all.

Sidari is a nice place to stay and everyone is very friendly, and the staff are all really nice.

• Holiday details: Jul 2010, self catering, booked with Thomson
  • Advice: yes but not to go self catering
by mandie

Mozzie City Beware....

"I think it must be the canal..they must breed there...everyone I saw had Bites...unfortunatly for me they got infected and 4 out the 7 days I couldnt go in the sun or drink alcohol ..so please take my advise BE prepared take the plug ins use the repellant and sprayyyyy!

As for the zafaris-I think its really lovely! I love the ikea touches in the rooms! The food was really lovely here full english was really good!especially watch the sun go down you get a fab evening meal!

We also ate in the SEABREEZE just 10min stroll I msut say I had the BEST kleftico my partner had stiffado we both love greek food thought it was de-licioussssss!

we have been to several greek Islands ... corfu is not my fav I preferred IPSOS to Sidari-i think sidari is very cosmopolitan at the ned of the day I got a good deal and if you really want to go to sidari I suggest you stay here...Yannis is really lovely as to is Nick and Angela nothing is to much....(its just the bloody mozzies-what a pain!)euros rubbish now we spent lots of money...but we ate and drunk loads and who cares it what holidays are about!:)

by Couple from Croydon

Absolutely Amazing

"I cannot believe how amazing the hotel was, the staff were definately the highlight of the place, Dimitris, Nicky, Angela, Lena, Yannis, Mario, Daniel. Every single one of them were beyond helpful. I enjoyed every moment i spent at that hotel and will definately return to the hotel sometime next year. The views and scenery around the hotel were just as spectacular as the hotel, with a lovely beach cove just down the hill from the hotel bar and restuarant. The food was also another highlight of the holiday, lots of local dishes to try!

Our apartment was perfect, with a little kitchen where me and my friends even cooked our own lunch. We had full working air-conditioning and a balcony with lovely views.

I would definately recommend staying at this hotel and introducing yourself to all the staff because they will make your holiday all that more worthwhile.

• Holiday details: Jul 2010, Room Only, booked with First Choice
  • Advice: It Is absolutely Amazing
by PaigeMurphy

1 2 35 »

Map for Zafiris Hotel Closest airport: Ioannis Kapodistrias (CFU) 16.7 miles

Zafiris Hotel photos (9 traveller photos)
Top traveller tips for Zafiris Hotel
  • by karby lamb

" Main beach not very nice. Beds very hard. Food wonderful. Must go to Canal d'Amour "

• by Crazy mum

" Kahlua, Kalami beach, Paleakostritsa beach "

• by Alan & Coleen

" Kahula & Saxaphone "

• by Angirox

" Pool not heated if you go early on in season, kids would benefit from short wet suits in the pool "

• by Colonel Sanders, Hotel Apts

" Book a table at the very back of their open air restaurant which is about 100ft above the sea and watch the sun go down. x "