Paradise Sun Hotel

Value: 7.5/10
Cleanliness: 8.5/10
Location: 9.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Paradise Sun Hotel

Lone Traveller (Mr. George)

"I went for 13 nights. Not knowing what to expect,I've travelled the world on my own,and expect to find some faults.I don't mean stupid things like a leaf in the room,seaweed on the beach.Nothing.Wait,I lie,light out in the toilet bar, but that was fixed instantly. Chalet was spotless, in a what I would call a palm beach garden.I cannot explain the beach,except breathtaking.To say just, Staff very helpful, very friendly, does not do them justice. Restaurant and bar together with sandy floor.Food great with Theme Nights.Spent time at bar at night which is right on the beach,where there was great music(Island Vibrations)I think I came good friends with some of the staff.I cant swim, but that didn't spoil my holiday.Visited three islands,Spa is fantastic.Booked a driver to go around the island. I didn't spend as much money as I thought I would.Some drinks were a little more than home,Hey, you have to pay a little more for Paradise, which at the Paradise Sun is what you get.I can go on forever. I did not want to leave. I don't normally visit the same place twice, but I will be going back. Beautiful Island,Beautiful Hotel and Very Beautiful People."

• Holiday details: Jun 2012, booked with Thomas Cook
  • Advice: Be friendly.
by George P

Paradise Found!

"We stayed at the Paradise Sun for a week from the 29th August 2007 and I must say, it was wonderful. Some of the reviews that we read on TripAdvisor before we left were a little negative so we were wonderfully surprised to find that none of the negative comments were valid. The photos on the website certainly don't do it any justice, it is even more beautiful than the photos. The beach is magnificent and our room (which was just next to the dive centre) had the most magnificent view of beach, sea and little neighbouring island. The staff were efficient and friendly and the food was good. While we were there, a major upgrade was in progress in all the restaurants and the quality and presentation of the food was great. A real tranquil piece of heaven for a complete rest! The pool is not the largest but with the exquisite beach on your doorstep and an abundance of loungers to choose from, we didn't even find the need to use the pool. The only thing we would warn people visiting the Seychelles Islands of is the fact that although the hotels are happy to exchange your travellers cheques for Seychelles Rupees, THEY DON'T ACCEPT THEIR OWN COUNTRY'S MONEY!! Everything at the hotel is priced in Euro. (For South Africans it's quite expensive as it's the same as if you were in Europe).Our advice to all travellers is to either charge everything to your credit card or change only small amounts of travellers cheques or pay with travellers cheques. Only the local taxi and bus will accept Seychelles Rupees [avoid being left with a load of worthless Seychelles Rupees]. The only slightly negative comment we have about the Paradise Sun is the fact that ALL restaurants at the hotel are closed from 3pm until supper time with no room service or snackbar at all - no one at the hotel advises you of this upfront so if you've planned a trip around the island and get back to the hotel after 3pm, you'll be surprised and hungry! However, as a saving grace, you can take a 10 minute walk along the beach to a number of local restaurants (which no one tells you of either). All in all our stay was wonderful, our room spacious, clean and comfortable and our view from our room spectacular. We would highly recommend the Paradise Sun as the place to get away and relax.....we would go back tomorrow! KEVLI South Africa"

by kevli

Had a fantastic time!

"My husband and I stayed at Paradise Sun for a a week in September. The hotel is located in a beautiful little corner of the beach and the gardens are amazing. What a fantastic hotel - the rooms are perfect, the restaurant and reception staff were all extremely friendly and helpfull. We enjoyed the little touches like the tea/coffee making facilities, fridge, room safe - being told by the staff where to buy water etc at a much cheeper rate than sold by the hotel (there are local shops 5 minutes walk from the hotel), the packed breakfast as we departed early in the morning, fresh beach towels brought to the room every evening. If you are a water sport lover you will be very happy at this hotel. The watersport equipment (kayaks, windsurfers) are free to use. The divecentre at the hotel was excellent with very friendly professional staff who really went out of their way to point out facinating stuff on the dives - prepare yourself for 60minute dives as the average depth of the dives were 17 meters. Diving is very well worth it and what a pleasure to jump in the boat and only travel for 5 minutes to get to the dive site :-) All in all (and also judging by what I saw of other options along this stretch of beach) it was an amazing stay at a wonderful hotel which I will recommend to anyone wanting a relaxed environment but with all the comforts. Have fun!"

by findingmyparadise

Money problems and unfriendly staff.....but lovely beach!

"The title of the review doesn't do this place justice, there were many good points about it as well but it seems to be the negative ones that stand out and ultimately are what you remember of the holiday. Firstly the place was lovely; beautifully maintained and the rooms were clean. Bugs were not a problem at all *phew!*. The food was ok though i always found the lunches quite heavy, in fact lunch was the main let down - service was slow and almost all the staff were surley although that may have been a language barrier. We encountered the same surliness amongst the cleaners and almost all staff however there were some exceptions most notably the man that did the fruit in the morning :-). Oh yeah, a warning: If you are planning on going on excursions run by marcel and rocky (the hotels activity people) have a supply of dollars/euro's with you as they won't accept seychelles rupees this was a problem for us as we are a large family and we quickly ran out of foreign currency. The buffet style of the food worked well and the 'afternoon tea' of cakes and drinks was a lovely touch though it was a bit of a fight to get at the cake!!! Overall i enjoyed the stay but felt let down by a few points which could have been sorted out if more care had been taken. We also had problems on arrival as we didn't have the correct set up of rooms required. Sorry for the rambling of this, hope it was useful........sorry no pictures i can't get them off my phone just yet :-("

by Feeble_Weevil

Cheerless attitude

"Paradise Sun Hotel could really be "Paradise". It is fantastically located and beautifully decorated.

But it looks like the management of this hotel is not proper. Most of the staff seems to be depressed (there are couple of bright exemptions) and frustrated by the presence of guests.

Food is very average and coctails (like all extras) are highly overpriced.

Luckilly, my wife and me spent there just one night (two days)

and we were happy to leave. I can't imagine spending there a week or more.

Altough they write on welcome letter, that you'd better not leave

your clothes drying on tha balcony (I read their "warning" only

next morning) nobody really warns you. But one night was enough that our swimming suits,sweat shirt and skirt disappeared. And "Security Manager" has nothing to say,

not even offering a small appologise in hotel's name.

There were many other small "mistakes" from the staff and I believe with better management and some smile and friendliness from staff this could really be nice hotel.

Until then it is hard to recommend Paradise Sun to anybody.

by Flycatcher69

Service lacks

"I will not recommend this hotel to anyone. It is situated on the beautiful Cote D'or Beach in Praslin, on vast grounds and with what they have, this could be a world class facility. Unfortunately, the staff are not trained well and apart from a few are surly and make the guests feel as though they are in the way.

The rooms are very small, with no view. Nicely decorated, but if I had to stay there for more than 2 days, I would start feeling claustrophobic. Praslin is known to get downpours, and it is at times like this where one needs a place to retreat. The rooms are really just for sleeping, there is no TV, sitting area or view.

The diningroom where they serve each night's buffet dinner is very casual with sandy floors. The feeling is sort of 'boarding school' ... for a hotel with these rates, you'd expect more. Food is OK .. the dessert was dreadful though.

Cocktails in the bar are the highest prices we have experienced on the island. (14 Euro).

What they do have though, is the prettiest beach and lovely lawns. The loungers alongside the beach are also the most comfortable.

by dickiebirdSeychelles

Paradise Sun - many problems

"Hotel “Paradise Sun”, Praslin, Seychelles.

Their bad points:

1)The major part of the rooms has no ocean view (in spite of their publicity), the ground floor rooms are behind bush, the upper floor ones are behind palm leaves.

2)The technical infrastructure of the hotel is bad, one evening there were no electricity.

3)The menu in the restaurant was monotonous, and sometimes not so hygienic. Pieces of the same big fish were boiled at the first evening, grilled at the second, and smoked with salad at the third. Meanwhile, the head and the rest of the corp of the fish was exhibited in the restaurant in all three days.

4)The efforts of the restaurant staff to show their respect to clients are too noisy and ineffective. Every five minutes in the restaurant somebody asks you “It’s OK, Sir?”, but the service is slow, and a couple of times they tried to give us two different bills for the same glass of wine.

5)At 5 P.M. they usually took away mattresses from the beach, and if your beach towels were still there, they took away them too, and the next morning you had nothing of them. And you have to talk the reception, explain all the situation, and then wait for new towels.

6)This additional waiting for beach towels at the morning is extremely critical, because there are only 7 thatcher ‘huts’ for shadow at the beach (for 80 rooms), and if you do not occupied one of them at 6 A.M. with your towels, all the rest of the day you have to stay with no shadow at all.

7)When they were cleaning the room, once they have replaced our 4 towels with 3 ones, and all other days there were only 3 towels in our room.

8)They do not understand that a half-smoked Cuban cigar left in ash tray in the room is not a butt to be taken away.

9)There were local dogs at the beach, sometimes they were agressive.

10)Plus, there were too much see-weed in the ocean, and the water was turbid and non transparent. So, there were no possibility for snorkeling near the beach, they organized paid excursions to the nearest islet for ‘the snorkeling paradise’, but still there were much more people there than fishes, imagine a 20-metres’ islet, ten boats from various hotels, and the plenty of people in water around it.

11)Mosquitoes were terrible in the night.

In total, ‘Paradise Sun’ would be good as a Soviet-style sanatorium with free-of-charge vouchers, but it surely is not the luxury hotel charging 500 dollars per night, as they do.

Honeymoon in Paradise Sun Hotel, Praslin

"Great hotel - fantastic accommodation in a luxurious 4 star chalet style room with a verandah, about 10 seconds from a long white beach. Very clean, great bathroom, safe in room, linen and towels changed every day, air con as standard. The food was top notch, usually buffet, but they do an ala carte menu as well about 3 times a week. Complimentary tea or coffee every afternoon - nice big breakfast and fresh fruit. Lovely planted garden with flowers and palm trees. Excursions good - try snorkelling and canoeing and the trip to Curieuse Island and La Digue. Hotel staff extremely friendly and extremely anxious to please - they all speak French, English, Italian. Most of the guests were Italian, Belgian or French. A nice, if slightly small pool, and a big beach side restauarant. They have a demonstration of Sega dancing each Friday night. Quite a lot of honeymooners and weddings taking place. A small number of families visiting - probably due to relaxed atmosphere of place. Praslin Island very relaxed - but not that much to do, however if you want more to do go to Mahe. Take EUROS instead of dollars - prices are pretty expensive, but most places take credit cards. A very small shop where you can get most necessities and about a million sarongs! Essential - insect repellant, high factor suncream and bottled water.

Worthwhile for a relaxing, get away from it all type holiday.

We went in November and weather mixed - always warm, but cloudy some days and some heavy downpours.

A real Paradise

"After Tsunami Dec.04 hotel re-opened in June 2005. No evedent impact left. Very nice and comfortable bungalow hotel. Bungalows are spacy und very well equipped. From our's nice view across garden to beach and sea. Food is good, but diner buffet could show a bit more variety, in particular the starters. But in any case, a great place to stay on a wonderfull island."

Great hotel on a 5* beach

"No doubt there are more luxurious hotels in the Seychelles, but if you prefer informality and don't want to spend a fortune, the Paradise Sun makes a great choice. First its on a beautiful beach with the softest sand and calm/clear sea, perfect for young children. We stayed in a family room which was in great condition and very roomy and airy. The bathroom was huge, with seperate bath & shower and twin sinks and was very generously supplied with towels for the room & beach. (No signing for or hunting for beach towels every day!) There was no air conditioning which might put some people off, but we found the ceiling fans kept us cool enough.

The food was very good, the evening buffet would get a bit boring after a week but there was always a good choice. The waiting staff were very helpful and friendly and the maid service excellent. The entertainment in the evening was nothing special but there was always a nice atmosphere. The entertainment staff were good guys though and there was a varied programmes of activities during the day.

To my mind the pictures of the Paradise Sun in brochures etc. really don't do it justice. If you are thinking of a stay here and looking for reassurance then I say don't hesitate....

Paradise Sun - a real paradise

"I went to this fantastic hotel, in my summer journey at the year of 2002. The first option hotel was another one, but, in the end of vacations, i´m glad to be at paradise sun. Nice service, very clean rooms, with fantastic views, a very tasty breakfeast with a large variety of aliments (great pankakes), and a paradising vegetation surrounding us. Well treated gardens, with 3 land turtles, that you can feed. All the water/land sports are available, and every worker of the animation crew was available to teach you how to use the different equipment. At night, during the dinner, the band played along to make our stay even pleasant. So.......it was a fantastic stay at the paradise sun hotel at Praslin, Seychelles. I will return, no doubt!!!!"

Read 93 additional reviews of Paradise Sun Hotel

Map for Paradise Sun Hotel Closest airport: Seychelles (SEZ) 29.2 miles

Do you own Paradise Sun Hotel?

Stayed at Paradise Sun Hotel? Share your insight.

Paradise Sun Hotel is also called:

• hotel paradise sun
  • paradise sun
  • paradise sun praslin island
  • paradise sun seychelles