Navigator of the Seas Cruise Ship

, Royal Caribbean Cruises
hotel photo
Check the latest prices for this cruise
Thomas Cook Show Prices

1 2 3 4 »
What a rip off by Snow White

We recently went on Navigator of the Seas as we thought we would try a larger ship. We were VERY dissappointed with the entertainment What entertainment? The shows were poor, BINGO!!!!! as a nights entertainment that should be done in the day. Mrs & Mr also should be in the afternoon.

The MC was as wooden as Pinnochio.

Where were the pianists in the restaurants?

Where were the 24 hour buffets? We had to pay for soft drinks Coke a Cola and Sprite, these are ree with Thomsons.

The shops were awful they sold the worse clothing and accessories, you could buy better at Primark. The goods were all poor quality. The gold was extremely dear, I could buy cheaper in UK.

They advertise the Promenade shops open 24 hrs NOT TRUE.

We needed to buy some cufflinks They do not sell them on board they RENT them. The Ixtapa Bar was empty and there were no acts on.

The best bar on board was The Two Poets pub. There was a guy on singing every night and this bar was full almost nightly.

The staff that we dealt with were very nice but some were a little huffy for me.

I would be surprised if this review is put on the notice board, because RCI will delete it.

Needless to say we will not use this company again.

• Holiday details: Jul 2011, All Inclusive, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Make more of an effort entertainment wise and cater for people after 11pm

Fantastic break -did'nt want to leave by Bazza

This is my second cruise with this cruise line the first was in the Caribbean for 14 days and this one was 7 days in the eastern Mediteranian.There was something for everyone,the staff were fantastic and so helpful. The shows were first class and even though the ship had its full compliment of passengers there was plenty of room for everyone. We had an excellent choice of foods in the Windjammer restaurant and the main restaurant for our evenings had a very wide variety of choices.My only observation with the main dining room was that they did have a very large selection of vegetarian dishes which is OK if you are a vegetarian. However I did enjoy all my meals and found plenty to eat.

Would I cruise with them again? Most Definitely YES. Fantastic Holiday.

Heavenly Honeymoon by GillChris

We celebrated our honeymoon on the Navigator of the Seas, a ship that we had sailed out of Southampton on two years earlier and the ship that my husband proposed to me on.

The journey to the ship was excellent and we made it through check-in very easily. We found our room, our first ever balcony and were pleasantly greeted with honeymoon decorations and a complimentary honeymoon package, including strawberries dipped in chocolate and champagne on arrival.

The service was great from the room attendant, waitress and assistant waiter from the restaurant. We found that the second seating time of 9.15 was too late for our taste (we were expecting 8.30) and as a consequence we missed lots of the performances on the ship which we would have usually attended. We did have a stunning meal in Chops Grille - the service and food were both faultless.

The only real issue that I could find was the inconsistency in approach to different nationalities on board the ship. Equality issues definitely need to be considered, particularly in the main restaurant. Although this did not ruin our honeymoon, it has certainly made us consider which port we should depart from in future and whether RCI should be the company of choice when we are paying out a great deal of money.

The Windjammer was like feeding frenzy at the zoo on a number of occasions, making it very difficult to get to the food or finda seat. Our restaurant table was missed out by the photographer on the second formal night as we were tucked away in the corner. There was evidence of graffiti in some of the toilets and on the tables in cafe promenade. No chocolates on the pillow anymore either!

That said, ports of call (Barcelona was a particularly fantastic day out!), trips and the majority of the experience was spectacular and made our honeymoon a week to remember.

best holiday ever by jennaclare

This was the best holiday i have been on, food was faultless, there was plenty of choice (i am vegetarian) it was gorgeous. The entertainement was fantastic. All in all i couldnt fault this holiday at all.

transatlantic by jays62

This was our 4th cruise but 1st with RCI and very excited. Unfortunately we left very disappointed. One of our suitcases did not arrive until midnight and staff did not seem very concerned. The bars are full of smoke as all open plan, you cannot get a drink of tea or coffee in a porcelain cup apart from in restaurant after dinner and also hot drinks not available in bars. There is a cafe with paper cups which ran out 2 days before end of cruise to be replaced with polystyrene ones. The service is below par and charged 15% gratuity at bars for this. After being at sea for 6 days we docked in Nassau for only 5 hours. Everything is overpriced and when embarking you feel like a criminal as alchohol is searched for. The ship was impressive though but RCI need to train their staff better especially when they insist you tip extortionately for a lack of service

Our first cruise with RCI after many... by Mrs Johnson

Our first cruise with RCI after many with Thomsons and what a difference! We absolutely loved it. We flew from Rome and travelled to Scicily, Athens Crete & Turkey. Every day was sunny and cloudless skys so top deck got crowded but a great atmosphere and lots of fun - pool games,music, learn to dance salsa etc. We tried it all and had a laugh.

The bonus for us was a "Senior Citizen's Discount" (yikes) as we are in our 50's we got a £400 each discount, which put the price cheaper than Thomsons, so we had nothing to lose to try something different - and we were so pleased we did.

Lots of families on board and children very well catered for. Our 16 yr old daughter made lots of new friends and we barely saw her after 9pm. For 15-17 year olds they have their own nightclub!! We made friends with a couple with a 6 year old and he spent mornings in the children's club, excellent facilities, interesting activities and very well supervised.

The mix of nationalities seems to work - roughly one third Italians, one third US and one third Brits. Some parts of the ship can get crowded but we never had to stand for a seat unlike some reviewers (and this must have been peak time), we liked Boleros for pre-dinner drinks, the Itixpa Lounge and the Cosmopolitan Club. Absolutely loved the Ballroom Dancing show in the theatre - saw a world class couple strutting their stuff which was magical.

The 70s Night was fantastic - the show on the Promenade will stay in my memory for a lifetime - what a night!

We also liked the room service, very friendly staff and the fun, happy and laid back atmosphere.

Embarkation was a little gruelling due to all the security measures in place, but as long as you check-in online prior to travelling this saves a lot of time. In face the security was very reassuring. Disembarkation was early, but very efficient.

All in all a fabulous cruise - we will definitely be back with Royal Caribbean.

An amazing holiday! We have just... by J Clarke

An amazing holiday! We have just arrived home from a 4 night cruise on Navigator of the Seas and had a brilliant time. There was 4 of us (all 20- 22 year old adults) in an inside Cabin, which was cramped at times but we really didnt spend much time in there.

Ship was fantastic, more impressive than other P and O ships we have travelled on and we found here was more to do for younger passengers our age on RC. Food in Nutcracker restaurant was excellent every night and I highly recommend all the beef/steak dishes, cooked to perfection! Windjammer was busy at times but offered a good choice. Parades on royal promenade and shows excellent, and all prices were reasonable due to the current exchange rate.

Excellent!

This was our first time cruising and... by J THOMSON

This was our first time cruising and the experience was superb. My husband and I are in our early 30's and were a bit apprehensive about cruising as we thought the age group would be 50+. We were extrememely surprised to find that there was a hugely varied age group on board the ship. There is something from everyone young to old.

I would definately recommend this cruise ship and have booked up for next year to go on the larger Independance of the seas with Royal Carribean.

Wow.....This ship is amazing...My... by C Darwen

Wow.....This ship is amazing...My first cruise ever,and what a good one to start with.

You will never be bored,and still get lost even at the end..lol

The food was fab,staff brilliant,entertainment top class,we had the american drifters,some amazing magican act called charlie fry from vegas,and a trapeze act were fantastic.

I loved jonny rockets diner,ice rink,24 hour complimentary room service...

The nightclub the dungeon was a great atmosphere...

Def be back hopefully greek cruise in august,same ship..as i know i wont be disapointed...

This was our first Cruise. The... by R Fuller

This was our first Cruise. The Navigator of the Seas is an amazing ship but it did not quite live up to our expectations. Firstly, the cabin was very small which we had expected, but my daughters bed, was a pull down bunk above our bed. Our daughter was 4 and there was a note on the bed saying "Not to be used by children under 6yo" When we queried this at guest services they said it would be fine and they put an extra rail on the bed. They were full and there were no other cabins available.

The food was amazing with plenty of choice & the service was unfaultable.

The swimming pools were a little disappointing. Two very small pools & you couldn’t swim as they were full of kids jumping in! It was also a struggle to get sun loungers every day.

The shows were very good. There was an ice show we wanted to see but didn’t, as you had to queue the day before each show to get tickets. The queues were huge so we didn’t bother.

What it seemed to lack was one big family lounge with entertainment. The main shows were in the theatre, so you remain seated throughout. As our group had young children we would have liked to sit in one venue for the night with entertainment & a disco where the children could dance. There were a couple of discos but they only lasted an hour.

The Countries we visited were lovely, but you really didn’t get time to look around properly. We felt very rushed the whole time. After a day trip, we had to rush to be back on the boat & then there would be no time to relax as we had to get ready for our allocated seating at dinner.

It was a very expensive holiday & you do lose track of what you spend as you are given a "Sea card" to buy everything on & you get the bill at the end. Ours was a bit of a shock! you don’t think you need to spend much as it is all inclusive, but the price doesn’t include soft drinks or alcohol.

Overall it was a good holiday & the children loved it, especially the kids clubs!

But it wouldn’t be something we would do again for a long time as we prefer to be independent.

This was our first cruise and was our... by C McCafferty

This was our first cruise and was our honeymoon. Overall the absolute beauty, excellent service, and endless activities within the ship are the reason why we booked again for this year.

We both thought the food was fantastic and basically you could eat 24/7 if that’s what you like. The shows were first class in fact on a par with that of stage shows in London.

We had booked an inside cabin which suited us perfectly as we were only in our room to sleep and get changed. The only slightly negative experience I had was within the spa where I had booked a 'spa taster' which involved a relaxing massage at a discounted price.

However nothing could have prepared me for the 'Hard Sell' that came afterwards as the therapist tried to sell me a range of creams. As an assertive person I explained that I was not interested, however it continued for about 20 mins and eventually I gave in a spent 150 dollars on 2 face creams! Annoyed and frustrated I returned to my stateroom to discuss this with my husband and ended up returning to request a full refund-which I got.

The massage was great but just watch out for the hard sell which may follow!

The Navigator is a beautiful ship,... by Polin Law

The Navigator is a beautiful ship, the Royal Promenade is amazing.

Food is OK.

Too many people about, ( We went in the August Bank Holiday). Managed to play crazy golf at 2a.m!

We were in A Royal Suite, although that was lovely, it was let down by that the bathroom was not cleaned properly.

Still waiting to be enrolled by the loyalty program, e-mailed the company several times - no replies. Onboard booking was down. So put my name down for some-one to ring me when home.

Nobody bothered! Maybe RCCL do not need any more bookings!

1 2 3 4 »
Stayed on Navigator of the Seas Cruise Ship? Share your insight.

Traveller Ratings

Overall
7.5 / 10
Good

Do you own Navigator of the Seas Cruise Ship?