Atlantica Bay Hotel

Amathus Avenue, Limassol 4060, Cyprus
hotel photo

Stayed at Atlantica Bay Hotel?

Share your opinion.

Good

Room: 8.5/10
Service: 9.5/10
Value: 8.5/10
Location: 6.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Atlantica Bay Hotel

« 1 2 3 4 5 »
We had a week’s holiday at the...

"We had a week’s holiday at the Atlantica Bay Hotel, and it was fantastic. The food was great, as was the staff and hotel. The only disadvantage was we had to come home. This was the best hotel we have stayed in for a long time. I would strongly recommend this hotel for a great adult holiday. The entertainment was great until midnight every night. On the Tuesday night there was a banquet night, and the hotel staff pulled out all stops. The food and service was exceptionally, every seat had a balloon attached, which guest was invited to release and make a wish at the same time, the sight was exceptional and one I will remember for a long time to come. Every detail was catered for and service was second to none."

by T Fuller

I am currently living in Cyprus and...

"I am currently living in Cyprus and my parents came out to see us and use it has a holiday for them. They stayed at the hotel for a week and loved every bit of it. My mum booked me and my husband into the hotel for a weekend and we had a great time. Although we were probabaly the youngest couple at the hotel we felt comfortable and it was nice to just sit round the pool or go down to the beach and relax. We paid for the drinks package and it was the best thing we did. although the drinks are not that much over priced you soon spend money and the drinks package is well worth the money. the staff were fantastic and made the weekend for us. The pool area is georgous and really relaxed. the staff are always walking around if you need drinks so you dont even need to get off your lounger all day.

the rooms are very nice, even though i wanted to stay in the rooms with a hot tub on the balcony, but suppose i couldnt have everything.

food was amazing and a great variety. I would definatly recommed this hotel if you just want to sit back and relax !!

only thing that knocked it down for me was the entertainement - not very impressive although some of the older guests seem to be enjoying this, me and my husband found it cheesy and old fashioned.

by  J Armitage

Just arrived home after a really...

"Just arrived home after a really great holiday. It was our first time in Cyprus and we were bowled over by the friendly staff, proffesional management, and overall cleanliness of this great Hotel. We upgraded to the drinks package and found it worth the money. I would recommend this lovely hotel to all adults , you can join in the many activities, go on a variety of outings or just relax by the pools. A very good bus service outside the hotel to Limassol means you are not forced to get a car. I hope that we will be able to return one day inn the not too distant future."

by Buckley

Our first holiday to Cyprus and what...

"Our first holiday to Cyprus and what a super hotel to visit.

We arrived late on a Saturday night around 23:30 but as soon as we got in the hotel it was please leave your cases at reception and come to the restaurant. We were provided with sandwiches and soft drinks, a nice touch, complements of the hotel.

We had a superior room right at the front and top level. The room was huge for hotel standards and had a bed which had a sort or four poster look at the top with lace curtains over the headboard. The bed was actually a bit big and mattress was a bit hard which although fine for us may give some people some concern. We had a reasonable TV with some English Channels like Sky news, CNN news, Channel 4, Animal Planet plus a few more, not bad at all for so far from home. The towels of which there were many including the Thomson Gold ones and big Atlantica Beach towels were changed regularly as was the bed linen. The maids were super and most spoke good English as did all the staff in the hotel we met.

The food was super with lots of choice. The salad bar was one of the best we have seen in holiday hotels with a good selection of cold meats, fish and the regular lettuce leaves etc etc. very good. The range of dishes again very good and the quality also very good. A point of note is that one night the beef fillet carvery was quite rare which some people might not like but for me it was perfect as I like beef done that way. Meals also hot and well looked after with temperatures being checked regularly by one of the staff with a thermometer and the readings recorded, very professional. You can book, free. 1 night per week a le carte but to be honest we found the food so good in the normal restaurant we did not bother. The sweets as well were too good we just had to eat them, put weight on? You bet! I have to mention that one night there was a Red Beef Curry which is like nothing I have had in any hotel before; the only place I have had anything like it was in a curry house. The beef was very tasty at first chew but after swallowing became a tasty fireball. It for me was absolutely fabulous but I am sure some people would not like it if they expected the normal hotel type curry. I had to go and see the chief and congratulate him. There was one Gala night in our two weeks where the staff worked like trogens to make the ballroom and entrance hall look fabulous. We did not upgrade to the all inclusive option as we went out every day but needs checking if you are likely to stay in the hotel all day as most things are expensive.

We have seen quite a few reviews saying the hotel was isolated and we have to agree but there is a frequent bus service to town which costs only 1.35 Euros so not really a problem and probably adds to the quality of the hotel. The buses are old and the drivers all seem grumpy but as to the service, great as long as you realise they run on GMT (Greek Maybe Time), one bus may follow the other 5 minutes later. They are supposed to run every 20 minutes. A hire car is very useful as well but as to cost, Thomson's, Europcar wanted 350 euros per 7 days but we booked the same car in uk before going for 171 Euros. We actually had an free upgrade to a larger one as they did not have the one we booked. The insurance etc was also the same so I would suggest a good check before hand or check down town as there are many hire companies. There is a beach walk which goes all the way into Limassol which is lovely. It is mainly block paving with some wooden walkways with lights all along. A super walk which we did daily even when we had the car. To walk in the other direction away from town was not as good as the beach walk has not been made yet but there is lots of work going on in that direction with building so I expect the walkway will be extended one day.

The hotel reps that were there when we got there were all very good, Ryan the Bikini, Sophie the legs and Sam the noisy but they were all being replaced ASAP. The entertainment we did not see much as again we were out but the little we did see was ok. There was a cocktail making and tasting afternoon which we missed but the after effects were certainly heard about with at least one guest being a little tired afterwards. Say no more. Really the whole staff were superb and could not be faulted in any way. Maria the public relations manager was surprised when we told her on the last day we actually wrote reviews of all our holidays but she need not have worried at all.

So to conclude we had a great time and will go back but not to a superior room as a maid let us have a look at the normal one and they are certainly adequate for a two week holiday.

by kcjones

A beautifully clean hotel, although...

"A beautifully clean hotel, although the beds were quite uncomfortable!

Food was of an excellent standard with so much choice you really were spoilt, a HUGE salad/cold meat/cheese/fish cart, carvery, choice of Hot meals vegitarian selection, kids buffet cart, cheese board & lots of fruit & puddings for dinner.

Lots of cooked breakfast, continental selection, fresh rolls/bread, toast, fruit, cereal & pancakes. What more could you ask for?!

Location was a little remote, this seemed worse as we were slightly out of season aswell, no good beaches nearby. Amathus ruins worth a visit, about 1 1/2 hr walk or a bus ride away, easy to get buses into the old or new town.

Generally food & drink was expensive on Cyprus, 3 Euros for a coffee, 40 euros for lunch & drinks for 4 of us (2 adults, 2 children)

Entertainment was ok but repetative & basic, again maybe because we were out of season.

We upgraded to all inclusive on arrival which was well worth the money!

by V Blackmore

wonderful hotel.food-plenty of...

"wonderful hotel.food-plenty of choice.staff very helpful.loved the cats.will go back soon as possible.have been twice already.bus to limmosel over road from hotel.8o cents. evening entertainment very good and varied. gala evenings very enjoyable.daytime games run by thr reps were great fun.there was wine tasting and cookery lessons for those interested. hotel in a quieter area but night life if wanted is not far away.we had lovely strolls along beach path.also amathus ruins are close by.a great holiday."

by Luesye

I thought this was a great hotel and...

"I thought this was a great hotel and I think that anyone considering going to this resort should definitely go ahead with it. The only thing I would knock is the fact there seemed to be an overpour of men, and the female species were sparse. I have came to the conclusion that this resort is definitely the place for all newly weds. However isolation can be a bit of a nuisance. The only thing you need to watch about it being a bit of a drag is the transexuals.... THEY'RE EVERYWHERE! hugs n kisses Mr MASE"

by CWTM Mason

We, myself and my partner Gareth,...

"We, myself and my partner Gareth, went on our first holiday together to Atlantica Bay.

As a young couple, well mid 20's, we found the location a little out of the way from shops and would not recommend venturing outside of the hotel at night for walks as there were no pavements or walkways beside the road. It was a little scary so would suggest getting a taxi into the local town or hiring a car which would be much better.

The hotel accommodation was great. We paid extra to have a Superior room in which we were complimented with bath robes and slippers and had a balcony with a sea view which was fantastic to chill out on at night and by day.

I would not recommend this hotel for families as there is nothing for the younger generation to do and the entertainment in the day and night is for the more mature.

The food was a little disappointing as it was usually chips, roast potatoes, and mixed meat around the buffet tables. There was never a great difference in the food each day and we found the waiters to be quite abrupt and unapproachable at times.

Now, this review may come across a little bad to you but I have to say that overall the holiday was very enjoyable and we both had a fantastic time.

If you go to Atlantica Bay, I would suggest paying the extra to be accommodated in the Superior Room and participate in all the activities as my partner Gareth did. He actually threw the rep Jo Slow in the pool which was so funny. She did get him back on our last night!!

I would recommend this hotel to the more mature couples as it truly is a beautiful hotel and in a quiet location.

by N Johnson

Just returned from the Atlantica Bay...

"Just returned from the Atlantica Bay hotel 5 days ago. Hotel deserves its 4 star gold status although there are some areas which need attention.

We found the hotel to be immaculately kept and clean in all areas. The staff without exception were very pleasant and helpful and worked hard to ensure a high standard.

Our sea view room was a little small and the balcony was a triangular shape and not very big but adequate. The bed was very hard!

The entertainment in the evenings was generally not to our taste and were mostly of a poor standard except for the Thomson reps shows, which were very good.

The hotel Gala nights were excellent thanks to the hard working staff. If anyone is looking for a hectic holiday then this is not the hotel for you, neither is it suitable for children or teenagers.

The food while adequate was quite repetitive, for example there were only roasted potatoes usually swimming in oil, no chips, mashed or boiled potatoes. Vegetables were half cooked in the modern manner and not to our liking. There was a fair selection of food both at breakfast and the evening meal. We took the drinks package option as drinks are expensive. Having said that we probably broke even on cost.

Car hire is expensive but see Valentinos in the lobby bar who runs his own hire company and will provide a better deal.

The hotel beach is small and located across a rather busy road although there is a tunnel which can be used for access. The beach bar run by Gregory is well stocked and efficient. Midday meals can be obtained and are of good quality and are substantial.

There were no problems obtaining sun beds anywhere in the hotel grounds or at the beach.

The location of the hotel is its one big problem. Car hire is definitely recommended.

There is a local bus service into Limassol every 15 minutes for 80 cents per person.

Limassol is now a large sprawling urban area, but the old town is recommended for shopping.

We went on the free blanket trip which basically we found to be a waste of time. The winery is nothing more than a small hovel in the hills outside Paphos and not worth visiting.

We took one tour to Kyrenia which was expensive but an excellent if a tiring day out. Our guide was excellent and well informed, and not having been in Kyrenia for over 40 years it was nice to see that it is not yet over developed like the south of the island.

Did we enjoy our holiday? The answer is yes, and for us excellent value at around £700 each for 14 days! Will we return? The answer is probably but only for a quiet week.

We found it very relaxing and friendly.

Special mention to the Thomson team who were very good and to all the hotel staff particularly the young Polish girls. Also to Maria the hotel liaison officer. Well done everyone.

by P R Biggadike

The hotel is great; easily one of the...

"The hotel is great; easily one of the best 4 star hotels I've stayed at.

The food was superb and the staff are really good. Every effort is made to make your stay special.

The hotel has its own beach but other than that it is situated far from the resort with not much around you (usually the case with Thomson Gold hotels).

Highly recommended!

by D Jordan

We upgraded to superior room and it...

"We upgraded to superior room and it certainly was luxurious - with hot tub on balcony.

The all-inclusive drinks offer was excellent and would recommend it.

The Thomson reps worked very hard and although we weren't interested in the day-time activities, the evening entertainment couldn't be faulted.

Food was good. We very much want to return to the hotel this year.

by F Wood

We have just returned after spending...

"We have just returned after spending our honeymoon at the hotel. We chose it purely on customer reviews which was a mistake. Although the hotel is beautiful and clean it is situated well away from the shops/bars and we felt that we were in the middle of nowhere. The beach is one of the worst I have seen.

If you wanted to go to the shops you needed to catch the bus which in fairness were very frequent, every 15-20 minutes and cheap.

The food wasn't bad but I have tasted better at lower graded hotels. The waiter/waitress service was excellent and the staff were very friendly. There was entertainment during the day as well as evening and the highlight of our holiday was Jo from the Thomson team who did a great job of entertaining guests.

The room was very nice and we had a great view overlooking the sea. Unfortunately the bed was very hard and very uncomfortable which meant that quality of sleep was very poor. Other guests did also comment on how hard the beds were. We mentioned it to the maid who suggested we slept on top of the quilt and covered ourselves with blankets.

Although Thomson do not allow any children there were young children there from other countries and we would have preferred it to have been adults only. Again, in fairness Thomson do advise that there may be children at the hotel.

We will not return to the hotel as it is too far out from shops/bars.

by  C Staley