Hotel Mar Amantis

Stayed at Hotel Mar Amantis?

Share your opinion and write a review

Good

Service: 7.5/10
Food: 7/10
Value: 7.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Hotel Mar Amantis

Enter your dates:

« 15 6 7 »
Lovely Hotel by NADIA_KOLAHI

I visited Mar Amantis in July 2006 with 4 friends, as a group of 19 year olds we wanted a hotel wich was not too rowdy but had plenty going on and Mar Amantis fitted this description perfectly! Our flight to ibiza was delayed, but when we arrived at the hotel late at night a cold plate of meat and bread etc had been left for us in the restaurant which was lovely!

There was plenty of daytime entertainment around the pool and the reps made sure that everyone got involved, there was also a show every night! Apart from that the hotel was clean, staff were friendly, both pool areas were lovely (there was a choice between a quieter pool and a more lively one) and there was a lovely little beach directly next to it.. The hotel is in an ideal situation for those who want to experience the bustling nightlife of san antonio without staying right in the heart of the action. The main town however is a short walk away along a pleasant sea-front walkway or a ferry can be taken across the bay which was really cheap and convenient. In the immediate vecinity of the hotel there are plenty of shops and a nice selection of bars if you dont fancy venturing into the town every night. The food was also generally nice - a bit of everything really and there was a good selection of snacks available (burgers, chips etc) from the bar for all inclusive guests. Probably the only way in which i can fault this hotel is to say that the restaurant staff really need to chill out when they take your plates at the restaurant - put your knife and fork down for one second and any food left on your plate (along with the plate) will be whipped away (atleast they're doing their job though I suppose)! All in all we had a great holiday and if we visit ibiza again we will definately be considering staying at the mar amantis - wot a friendly hotel!

Just back from a fantastic holiday at... by Graham Denholm

Just back from a fantastic holiday at the Mar Amantis in sunny Ibiza.

I had read all of the hotel reports before booking some good some not so good but I am glad to say that anyone (in my opinion) who books this holiday will not be disappointed.

The staff were very nice and helpful I mean all staff. Paco runs the bars very well and what can I say about Gloria, she is an angel (a good looking one).

A few people had been critical of a young lady who they had daubed with the name hot lips with fiery tongue. Do not listen to this rubbish you could not meet a nicer person.

Enough of that. Room decor spotless and cleanliness second to none (big thanks to cleaners).

I am fussy about food but I always left the restaurant full to the hilt, plenty of variety, hot, well cooked what more do you want.

San Antonio bay is a lovely resort with plenty to do. A walk into San an is about a half hour stroll, if your legs are tired when you get there you can hop on to the ferry boat at harbour, this takes right to your front door.(2 Euros).

The only reason I gave holiday 8/10 is because we went on 28/4/07 only a week too early. After writing this I should have gave it a big 10. Hope I was of help.

I am away to book up again.

We (2 families with a child under 2... by  D Collett

We (2 families with a child under 2 each) booked this hotel 6 weeks prior to travelling and I read mixed reviews about it.

We were placed in Mar Amantis 1 (on the beach front) and I was pleasantly surprised.

As the hotel deal was so cheap and only 3* All inclusive I was just hoping for it to be clean and safe for our kids with ok food (as we could always go out.)

The choice of food was excellent (mainly Mediterranean type foods) with a big selection of salads, breads, mains, desserts - particularly at lunch and dinner.

The restaurant was clean but be warned you need to go out of peak times as the only down side was, that during lunch coach loads of pensioners seemed to arrive daily and take up all the room.

The choice of drink was good (good range soft drinks and alcohol) though there were not any cocktails etc. You could also help yourself to little ice cream tubs by the side of the pool which was great for the kids.

The only issue we had was that during meal times you could not have bottled wine / water (even though it was filled from the same pump that your glass was filled from) so it seemed a bit petty.

Rooms were basic but clean. The pool area was relatively clean although could do with a bit of refurbishment.

I did see Mar Amantis 2 and was glad for being in Mar Amantis 1. This was because Maramantis 2 seemed a bit run down around the pool area and not as pretty as the pictures made out.

The entertainment over at Mar Amantis 2 in the evenings was quite good though, with Spanish dancing and comedy sketches.

We went out of peak season and could walk to San Antonio and we really liked it as it was relatively quiet and the beaches were clear etc.

Hotel was very nice, we did not pay... by N J Schofield

Hotel was very nice, we did not pay much as me and couple of mates got it late so had a cheap deal.

The rooms were sound enough, always cleaned and fresh towels etc. Found staff ok but lots of grumpy holiday makers complaining that they should not cater for young lads.

None of us ever acted up, 5 young lads and we always respected others etc.

Food was ok but it’s so cheap to eat out in the bay that I tried lots of places etc. It’s a laugh in the nearby bars too, very friendly.

It’s even friendlier in San Antonia itself or Ibiza town. The streets come alive at night; it’s just a sea of people having fun.

There were some idiots but they can be found in bars back home too.

This Hotel is a good place to stay, although if you can go bed and breakfast I think you will benefit more.

loved it!!!!! Nicest view ever!!!!! by ScotchgirlScotland

Just wanted to drop some lines about our

stay in ibiza last summer!!!!!

Regarding the hotel we were:

Rooms: Were way better than we expected for a 3 star hotel, very clean, cleaned on daily basis, comfortable bed, A/C, but the best was the view that we had in our room overlooking the bay!!!!!!

Food/Restaurant: Well apointed dinning room with a buffet service with plenty of different fares to eat, cold ( salads, fresh vegetables, fruits, desserts to die for) and hot ( fish, pork, beef, even some day shrimps). In general a very good variety, always found something to eat although me and my husband we sometimes are very picky, we never feld about thinking on food issues, to the contrary the food was very tasty.

Staff: Really nice and helpful staff, from the waiters to the hotel director( wonderful person with great attitude, we had a trouble with taxi driver, and he helped us to solve the situation).

Bars: Very good variety and very reasonable prices.

Pools: Very nice, we always stayed at pool by the sea at mar amantis I, which again had a FAB view of the bay.

The island: We rented a car for 2 days to discover the different places of the island, and it worth every euro we paid, as there is so much to see here.

In general we had a wonderful time on this wonderful island, the hotel provided us a very good service and also we are thinking to come back to Mar aMantis hotel as we felt as in paradise here.

The Mar Amantis is excellent value... by  T Wilkinson

The Mar Amantis is excellent value for money. Can't fault the cleanliness of the hotel. Food is a bit basic but you definitely wouldn't go hungry, but there's not much choice for kids.

We ate out twice just because evening meal was more or less the same as lunch. All inclusive was great for drinks and snacks all day round the pool. Hotel is in ideal location with plenty of different style pubs close by to suit all and plenty of shops.

The ferry stops directly outside hotel to take you over the bay to the town for just 2 euros each. Overall had an excellent holiday and have booked it again for next year.

Hotel was nice. Rooms cleaned... by  R Earley

Hotel was nice. Rooms cleaned regularly. Most of the staff were polite but chambermaids very grumpy.

If you don't like children running around this hotel is not for you. It is a very noisy hotel especially at night with guests banging doors and shouting till the small hours. You are also very close to a bar doing live entertainment till late so we did not get much sleep. Entertainment wasn't bad. Watch some of the food especially meat and fish as we found it wasn't cooked properly. Stick to salads.

Resort was nice but not for us. Think it caters more for people between the ages of 18-25.

We took our own travel kettle and the maids threw the cups away with the rubbish.

Don't think we will be going back.

Stayed at the Mar Amantis in June of... by C Goldsmith

Stayed at the Mar Amantis in June of this year. The rooms are cleaned daily with fresh sheets and towels.

The food is nothing to write home about, very basic, we only stayed for breakfast and eat out for tea, not much choice, seems to be the same everyday. One restaurant i would recommend is about 2 mins walk from the hotel, The Yorkshireman, very friendly people, good food here, never had one poor meal yet! very good selection also. The pools at the Mar Amantis are very clean and the staff seem friendly enough too. Not a lot for the kids but some fantastic bars near hand.

The beach at Calla Bassa is a definite No! We paid 8 euros each to get there by water taxi and when we got there we couldn’t swim in the sea as it had hundreds of jelly fish. Overall holiday I would give 5 out of 10. Wasn’t bad but wasn’t terrific either. Glad I’ve been but don’t think I would go back.

The Mar Amantis holiday was... by P Brudzinski

The Mar Amantis holiday was brilliant, I went with my mum, dad and two sisters and we loved it there, the pool areas were great there was alot of fun activities to do during the day, and if you wanted to have a walk there was the beach nearby and a few shops and some pubs and clubs.

There is a boating dock at the bottom of the hotel were you can get a boat to San Antonio, the food was very good and the staff were very friendly and very funny, and if you have got young kids there is plenty for them to do so they don't get bored, I would recommend family's to go here and I would definitely like to go back here again.

I went for seven days with a friend... by helsbels

I went for seven days with a friend and between us there were five children aged between 4 and14. Went just out of season so was a bit quiet.. The Mar Amantis consist of two hotels separated by a main road the restaurant was in the second hotel food was passable, bit repetitive.

Service was very friendly and polite. The pool was cleaned every morning, the pool bar was closed out of season so had to go back into the hotel for refreshments. The room was clean but cramped with two single beds and two camp beds in it towels were changed daily.

Overall we really enjoyed ourselves, would go back but in season.

Where do I start, this holiday was... by K McKelvey

Where do I start, this holiday was one of the best i have ever been on. We went for two weeks in a group of 15 people ages ranging from 20 to 30, male and female.

The hotel was really clean with maid service everyday freshening up the room and bringing new towels. The food was alright. We ate there most days, when we didn’t we chose one of many close by restaurants. Snacks were readily available at our request from tenish till six. The drink was good also. You just had to go to bar and ask for what you wanted, no questions asked. All you can drink local spirits and beer. The only down side as some people said was the plastic cups. That didn’t bother most of us because mainly we were sat round the pool, so you can see the safety aspect.

The hotel had a water taxi outside to take you across to San Antonio for 2 euro every hour up until 11, or taxis cost about 5 euros.

A few good bars in the area are, bucaneroes, bn3(where a few of our friends managed to get a night djing), I cant remember any more names but they were all good and reasonably priced.

As for the clubs we went to cream at amnesia, cocoon at amnesia, meganite at privilege, we love space at space and more all were fantastic nights apart from drink prices, bottled water ranging from 8 euro to 12 euro!

As you can see we had an ace time and cant fault anything, we have even booked for the same place next year already. Cant wait, Ibiza here we come.

My family has just had an absolutely... by tewart

My family has just had an absolutely fabulous week in the mar amantis 2 in the last week of august. We have a four year old boy and a four month old girl.

There was lots to do everyday in and around the hotel with the entertainment team of 3 using a wide program of events so there was a little something for everyone and not just the fit and young. I have been on several all inclusive holidays and have always found the entertainment half hearted and cheap. But Marcel Karen and Anthea from the animation team bent over backwards everyday from 09.00 in the morning till sometimes 03-04.00 the following morning sitting with families, translating for people and getting ideas for the next day, always striving to do better than the day before.

The food had a massive amount of choice from a huge salad variety to meats fish vegetarian pastas local cuisine and roast everyday. It may seem the food is the same everyday but that is because it was so nice I found myself putting a piece of everything on my plate at every meal.

The pool reception and maid service is flawless. I could go on all day about the mar Amantis 2 but for a young family it is the best money will buy.

« 15 6 7 »
Stayed at Hotel Mar Amantis? Share your insight.

Map for Hotel Mar Amantis Closest airport: Ibiza (IBZ) 8.2 miles
Hotel Mar Amantis photos (4 traveller photos)