Sol Lunamar Apartments

Location: 9.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Sol Lunamar Apartments

1 2 3 4 »
ideal location

"1st time we have ever stayed in studio apts,must say they were excellent, kettle,toaster,tv,air con all provided ( 15 euro deposit for air con but you got it back ) literally round the corner you can find Magaluf. In the opposite direction you are spoilt for choice of where to eat and drink. There is always someone at reception to help or answer any questions, we had a bit of noise early morning once or twice but after speaking to reception it didn't happen again. Pool is lovely and there is a choice of 3 beaches all with beds and brollies within easy reach. We will definitely be returning to this resort and these apartments, we were a party of 4, 2 of which are oaps. I would ask for pool view though otherwise you are looking at the backstreet but thats just my personal choice, they are definitely worth a visit."

• Holiday details: Jun 2010, Room Only, booked with Thomas Cook
  • Advice: something for everyone, restaurants,bars or karaoke.
by buddy

These apartments are perfect for...

"These apartments are perfect for coulples both young and old! The rooms were cleaned every other day to a high standard. There was 3 single beds in the room, TV, basic cooking equipment including a kettle and toaster with a two ring hob and fridge freezer. The bathroom was very clean and of a good size. There is air conditioning available at no extra charge you just have to leave a 15 euro deposit. The location is ideal 2 mins form beach, 2 mins to bars and clubs in magaluf and 2 mins from palma nova couldn't have asked for better! The pool area was clean and there is a resturant and bar next to it but it is quite a small area. There was building work going on next door but it was not noisy and we were on the side by it."

by Lee & Miss Hannah

I took my two boys aged 7 and 11 away...

"I took my two boys aged 7 and 11 away on our own! We needed somewhere nice and clean and peacefull in some aspects but close to amenities! To cut a long story short we had a great time at this hotel! It was clean and the staff cud not do enuff to help out! Pool was clean and rooms were clean! We wud not hesitate to come to this hotel again! The entertainment was a bit limited in the evenings which is a shame as the lad who is there now is a great character and full of energy im sure if more funds were available they wud get a better turnout! Great place to stay tho!!!"

I am 28 my girlfriend is 19. We...

"I am 28 my girlfriend is 19. We stayed here for 1 week. What a great hotel.

It is situated between Palma Nova(2mins walk) and Magaluf(2 mins walk) and believe it or not the beach was justa 2 minute walk as well! We couldn't have asked for a better location!

Reception staff were friendly and helpful.

Pool area was clean and pieceful. Ther were limited sun loungers which were a bit uncomfortable. but hey we can live with that.

Rooms were quiet and air conditioning was only a 15 euro deposit which we got back when we left.

All in all if you want to go to either Palma Nova or Magaluf this is the place! I will definately return!

by djlee2007

DONT BOTHER GOING HERE !!! Well, The...

"DONT BOTHER GOING HERE !!!

Well, The apartments wasn’t very good I would rate this as a 1 star, the rooms are like a little bedsit and the kitchen is very small, the reception is not very helpful at all, it’s a joke they are very rude, and all you get is, if you don’t it then leave!!! and they wouldn’t change our room as we was looking at a building site and I asked on booking for a pool view, there was a other people complaining and the reps was having problems getting to speak to the manager. The pool is not very kiddie friendly, and the so called life guard lol keep watching you and tells you to shower before entering the pool, it was horrible and the atmosphere was terrible at time.. There is noting on at the hotel at night or the day, Palma Nova is a lovely place but I wouldn’t go to the hotel Lump it again that’s what I called it..Lump it or like it lol Don’t bother at all From Ms Dolan

by Dolan

Shocking .. Cancel your booking, we...

"Shocking .. Cancel your booking, we arrived to the sound of a pile driver digging out a swimming pool, our room overlooked a building site the noise went on all day, my wife and I went down to reception and asked to change rooms only to be told that it was SOL's policy not to change rooms .. I give it one star for the Lunimars location .. according to Globespans website the building work was due to be finished in March 08 ?

Be warned cancel your booking.

by P Watson

We stayed here along with our son...

"We stayed here along with our son & daghter in law & grandson aged 16 months. As luck would have it we were given 2 apartments facing away from the building work which is still going on at the side of the hotel. apparently there is 3 residential blocks being built & if you have rooms ending in 22-38 on whatever floor you will have your balcony facing the building work which can be very noisy. Other than that the hotel itself is in a very nice spot 50 Mtrs from the beach if you go thru the back gate by the pool. The staff are very helpful & polite, the rooms are ok but not huge & the bed i was in was quite hard as you could feel the slats underneath you but i was unlucky i guess that the matress i had was very spongy. Rooms were cleaned every other day & bed linen changed twice per week & i must say the cleaners did a good job. As we were self catering i cannot comment on the hotel food but there are many to choose from outside & if you want one of the best steaks you will ever get i recommend the F & C restaurant right next to the Santa Lucia hotel on the sea front about 5 mins walk from the Lunamar make sure you are hungry because the steaks are huge & reasonably priced. Overall for the price you pay for these apartments & if you are the fortunate ones who manage to avoid the above mentioned building work it is well worth the money paid."

by K HUGGINS

Visited Lunamar Sept 07. Recommend to...

"Visited Lunamar Sept 07. Recommend to those on a budget, disabled, families with young and teenage children, young and single, groups and couples!

Rooms very clean. Two comfortable singles, one pull out bed, bedside table, TV, good kitchen area with kettle, toaster, 2 rings, full size fridge and good utensils. Nice clean bathroom, ½ bath, shower, sink, toilet, large lit mirror.

Balcony, which door lock was broken on arrival, was reported to the friendly helpful receptionist who ensured it was fixed immediately. Even door numbers DO NOT have a pool/sea view. Our room 430 had a view if a BUILDING SITE! Which was fairly quiet as building is near completion. Air con, 15 euros. Room Safe also available. Good daily maid service.

The C shaped pool is a fair size but rather deep! Separate child pool. Plenty sun beds and parasols and tables and chairs. Pool bar and large inside bar with TV lounge and restaurant/snack bar. Internet, pool tables, table tennis and arcade games. Several lifts. 24hr reception. Luggage room and courtesy shower room. Staff friendly & helpful.

Location, 20 mins from airport. Taxi approx 30 euro. The apartments are 1 min walk to good beach, shops, restaurants/bars in Palma Nova and 5mins to Magaluf.

WAS TOLD BY A RETURNING VISITOR THAT DURING HIGH SEASON THE APARTMENTS ARE VERY BUSY.

PIRATES DINNER SHOW IS A MUST! 40euro pp. Free food and drink.

For the young and lively I recommend a short walk into Magaluf- night life begins and 10.30pm BCM is a must 25 euro, freebies and free unlimited drink! mcp- 14 euro club pass into several top clubs. Recommend POCO LOCO, disco bar and The Three Lions.

by R Fiddes

We arrived in the early hours in the...

"We arrived in the early hours in the morning and were very pleased with first impressions. Stunning entrance to the hotel and 24 hour reception staff. was very quick and easy to check in. it was just me and my boyfriend, the hotel room was excellent, more than I expected. However for a double bed you have to push the two singles together, which is expected anyways.

The air-conditioning was free which was a pleasant surprise, just a 15 euro deposit what you get back. However the safe was not free at 15euro deposit and 12euro a week, we didn’t bother with this and had no problems as rooms are secure. We had a nice spacious balcony with somewhere to hang your clothes. Came with a fridge and 2 hobs, not very practical to cook a meal on but did the job.

However the view from the balcony wasn’t very nice as it was a building sight, its not a problem though as I think only our room could see it.

The pool area was excellent. there is some nice light music playing, a bar area which is cheap, pools nice and deep all the way round so kids need the kiddie pool. Perfect places to sunbath. The pool areas safe, no one can get in with out a key card as there’s a gate in the rear entrance. If you go through the gate your just 100mtrs from the beach which is clean and not too over crowded. the hotel is very close to all the shops and restaurants and just a short walk away from the clubs (i.e.BCMs which is recommended for the 18-30)

The hotel had entertainment on in the night in high season, such as bbq's and reptile shows, some have a small charge.

Hotel has elevators, very good if you’re disabled.

I really recommend the hotel and I would d we arrived in the early hours in the morning and was very pleased with first impressions. Stunning entrance to the hotel and 24 hour reception staff. was very quick and easy to check in. it was just me and my boyfriend, the hotel room was excellent, more than I expected. However for a double bed you have to push the two singles together, which is expected anyways.

If you go through the gate your just 100mtrs from the beach which is clean and not too over crowded. The hotel is very close to all the shops and restaurants and just a short walk away from the clubs (i.e.BCMs which is recommended for the 18-30)

Hotel has elevators, very good if your disabled.

I really recommend the hotel and I would defiantly go back. It’s perfect for all age groups. Defiantly go back. It’s perfect for all age groups.

by K Haynes

The rooms were not cleaned at all...

"The rooms were not cleaned at all properly or regularly. I also caught food poisoning from their restaurant. I know I caught it from there as I only ate food from there that day and after that, was struck down for the rest of my holiday with severe food poisoning. The pool was ok but the bar in the middle was never open. I was usually very open minded and if I hadn't caught food poisoning then I would give the hotel a 5/10. Please be careful of the food!"

by L Morrison

We used Holidaywatchdog.com as a...

"We used Holidaywatchdog.com as a genuine guide to booking our last minute holiday so thought it only fair to post our recent experience at this hotel.

We (late thirties couple) arrived early evening for our 4 night break, and we were greeted very efficiently by the reception desk staff. Within 5 minutes we had checked into our basic but comfortable room. It was exactly what we had expected for our last minute budget break. There was a small charge for the safe, but everything else was included (fridge, hob etc). We didn't use the air conditioning, but presume there was a charge for this.

The remainder of our break didn't disappoint. The rooms were cleaned every other day, the apartment block, whilst very quiet could not have been better placed for either a very quiet stay, or a rowdy night out (Magaluf!).

For the money, we could not have been better positioned. Previous reviews were spot on, 2 minutes to the beach (through the card-operated security gate at the bottom of the complex), 5 minutes to the left was Palma Nova and 5 minutes turning right was Magaluf! Straight in front of you were many bars and restaurants and the beach. Try El Mecca, excellent food, extremely pleasant staff and bloody cheap too!

The apartments would suit anyone, and we mean anyone. Young, old, singles, couples, it's all on your doorstep.

The only 'bad' point (which stopped us rating it as a 10) was that we asked for a late checkout (12pm was checkout time) as our flight was late evening and were charged 40 Euros to retain the room for a few more hours to get changed after another full day at the beach. Our choice I suppose, and business is business but thought it was a bit steep.

We're definitely going back.

by C Chris And Debbie

Me and My boyfriend have just come...

"Me and My boyfriend have just come back from Palma Nova and had a fabulous time. We got a bit worried about reading all the bad reviews about the hotel. However, as soon as we arrived we had nothing at all to worry about, all the staff were friendly and always made the effort to talk to us, our room was clean and tidy on arrival and maids came in to change sheets and towels every other day. The rooms had everything that you needed for a self catering holiday.

The rooms were air conditioned and had a safe, the however did require a deposit, which you got back at the end of the holiday.

The pool was a nice size and very clean, the only downfall with the pool was that it wasn’t heated so was a bit nippy when you first get in. There were plenty of sun loungers for everyone.

At the back of the hotel if you go out of the gate you come out onto the main road and beach and right opposite if a great restaurant called El Mecca which I would highly recommend. The Magaluf strip was just 5 minutes walk from the apartment and has some really great bars and restaurants. The drinks are dead cheep and its well worth checking it out one night if you a couple or a family.

One place that I wouldn’t recommend for food is the Eastenders bar although the drinks are a reasonable price.

by N McGrath

1 2 3 4 »

Map for Sol Lunamar Apartments Closest airport: Palma de Mallorca (PMI) 10.6 miles