Le Royal Meridien Baan Taling Ngam Hotel

Good

Room: 9.5/10
Service: 8.5/10
Location: 8.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Le Royal Meridien Baan Taling Ngam Hotel

Enter your dates:

They Dont Get It-Very Dissapointing by ReneandPhil

We worked through a travel agent for our honeymoon who booked us at the mandarin in Bangkok and the four seasons in chaing mai-both outstanding properties. After we left four seasons, we headed to the Royal Mer. We had received discount coupons as Starwood preferred guests for our honeymoon. I would NOT RECOMMEND this hotel. The beach villas are disgusting-the plumbing is poor and leaky and in our unit-the window was broken in the back bathroom-which for me was a safety concern-though the staff didn’t think so. Let me take a step back-we traveled to Ko Samui after an hour’s flight and crazy drive, and our room was not available. The front desk person showed us a garden town home option but was concerned that construction would be disturbing. she took us to beach villa, for $30 more a night-forget offering it to us for our inconvenience-but this literally took 1.5 hours (she had to check inventory, ride us around in golf cart, it was hot and my husband was very annoyed). After settling in the dysfunctional beach villa, we found the broken window and requested it be fixed-which they could not do. So we demanded we be moved. Once moved to another beach villa-we found the bathroom extremely nasty still, and it was just way too much space for the two of us. So though spacious-the room is just not kept and lacks comforts you would find at a four seasons. The next morning we were moved to a basic room inside the main building-that had better details and was cleaner. Throughout our three days here-the language barrier was much greater an issue than at the other two properties. And rather than being of assistance and accommodating, any time we asked the staff anything, they had to really consider and only met us half way. It was like pulling teeth to have a late check out so we could shower and prepare for the journey home AFTER SPENDING ADDITIONAL DOLLARS ON THEIR SNORKELING DAY TRIP. We have random charges for things that should have been included in our purchases (they tried to stick us with a lunch charge for the snorkeling trip, after telling us that we couldn’t have the grill lunch that came with it as we bought excursion same day). Whatever happened to service? Customer first-people spend a lot of money at this resort and service is MORE than lackluster-particularly from their poorly trained management. WOULD NEVER RETURN. In fact, we found that the Four Seasons has begun to take reservations and hands down-they will eat their lunch. I was so disappointed and my husband was outraged-what a way to end our honeymoon. Don’t go.

Slightly disappointing given the high prices by TallPaulUK

We visited the Meriden for 4 nights as part of our Honeymoon, and I have to say it wasn't really what I expected from the website and brochures. We didn't have quite so bad a time as some reviewers seem to have had - the room was very nice (Deluxe Oceanfront Room) - clean - fabulous views of the sunset/beach etc. but it should have been better for the price we paid to be honest.

What let the place down I think, as others have commented, was that it feels a little 'dated', and we had a few problems making ourselves understood - one time resulting in me having to track down a member of staff who was European to sort out a particular issue. We ate only twice in the resort as the prices were rediculous compared to elsewhere (some places are one tenth of the prices here!) and the food was really not so spectacular.

The beach was great, but it was a bit of a pain having to ask for a golf cart to get there and back every time (usually about 10 min wait this time of year), or face the endless stairs.

Dissappointing! by Lisa_Traveler

We were vere disappointed with the resort. After visiting Bangkok and Chang Mai and experiencing outstanding 5 star resorts, Le Royal Meridien was a complete dissappointment. The hotel is 12 years old and has not had any renovations since then. The rooms need a complete redoing and the furniture and room artifacts need to be replaced. the bathroom, although its quite large, was really old and did not feel very clean. On the positive side, the hotel enjoys one of the most spectacular views on the island. It is built in the unspoilt part of the island and offers piece and quite. However, i believe you can get that in other, more recently built resorts.

fantastic. by telis

i stayed in this hotel with my wife while on samui.this hotel is royal by all means!

check-in was very friendly,professional and fast.we were sitting in a beautiful lounge with incretible views of the thailand gulf while everything was taking care of the receptionist.they offered us a tropical coconut coctail to enjoy until check-in procedures to end.

the room was large very luxuriously furnished in thai-chique style with amazing views to the sea.the bathroom was fantastic with two sinks and a somehow free-form huge bathtub!every evening we were having a bubble bath with mineral salts(the salts were complementary).it had everything you need- stereo player,dvd,t.v set etc. although the stereo did not work properly we preffered to listening the sea than music.room service was exquisit and turn down service great-they placed orchids almost everywhere.there were complimentary coffee and tea making facilities every day fresh tropical fruits and sweets.

the lobby was very beautifully located with stunning views over the gulf of thailand.in the lobby a bar was located were unfortunatelly there was not a live band to keep you entertained during an evening drink so it was somewhat boring to have a drink there at the evenings.

the restaurants were superb with ourfavourite ''the promenade'' just next to the sea-trully romantic,it had also a live band which was coming to your table and sing your favourite songs.

generally at all three restaurants we had great tastes the food was fantastic.

the beach was large,very well organized with sunbeds and parasols but the sea was not cleaned of pebbles and corals and you couldn't swim.they should have cleaned a part.the swimming pools were nice but the pool next to he beach was relativelly small for the number of guests-many times was overcrowded and since the sea infront of the hotel wasn't for swimming they should have a large swimming pool.

colf carts were taking you everywhere and when you call for one you had to wait only for a minute or so.

generally the atmosphere this resort offers is unique-very classy and elegant.i believe that it is the best hotel in samui away from the noisy chaweng beach where we did not go even once!the hotel provides you with free shuttle bus service to the neiboring town of nathon where you can find souvenir shops and banks.

if again in samui-meridien will be our choice.

Great stay by manur

We were there for 6 days in July 2006 and we had a great

stay in this resort. When we arrived we upgraded from a

Deluxe to a Villa, which was spacious, clean, and right on

the beach. The staff was very warm and welcoming.

Before making our arrangements we had read mixed reviews on

the Hotel. We have no complaints at all, our villa was

lovely. Can definitely recommend the Spa; we had a two hour

package including flower bath with stunning views over the

ocean; out of this world.

The food is excellent, both the in room dining options and

the restaurants. The breakfast buffet was very good. The

staff in particular was extremely friendly and helpful

throughout the resort.

We had a great stay there and will be visiting again in the

near future.

wicked by fatpanda

Went to samui for the first part of our honeymoon, was a little apprehensive after reading some reviews but it was fabulous. The staff are very friendly and always smiling, the food was ok, the spicy masala relish on the burgers is a must at 2 in the morning after a night out in chaeweng. The weather was brilliant, really hot in the day so the AC was a godsend. Rooms are very nice and bathrooms are clean. I recommend this place and will definately be going back.

brilliant by Bush-Monkey

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights whilst in Samui.

I was very impressed with the check-in, we arrived very early in the morning and got a good rate. Whist we were waiting for the paperwork to complete they brought out a tray of tea, coffee and cakes/breads. It all took about 5 mins and we were shown straight to a Sea view room.

The rooms are lovely, the positioning of the big bed facing the ocean was a really nice touch. As was the bathroom with a huge tub and seperate shower. We floated in the tub listing the thai music eating the fruit platter that was waiting us.

We ate at one of the resturants and got rooms service. On both occasions the food was wonderful and well priced.

The staff run you around the grounds on golf buggies and it makes going for a swim a bit of fun, and they are very prompt when you want to go back and forth. You can have a nice drive and see mountain views and amazing local vegitation on the way.

Didn't use the spa or gym but all the grounds and facilities looked very nice.

Pictures speak louder than words ! by Fleetcat

We visited this hotel in January 2006. When I read recent trip advisor reports I felt that somebody needed to balance the opinion. We felt so strongly about this hotel we checked out early. Obviously some people have different tastes or standards to us however PLEASE don't risk a honeymoon or special holiday here - look at our photos - they speak louder than words. Can't tell you how bad this hotel is.

fantastic by BootLondon

I wanted to write this to anyone who is concerned after reading other threads about this hotel. I returned a week ago from an amazing holiday, where I spent 5 nights here, and think I have realised why there has been some negative feedback. The hotel is beautiful, spread out over hills, the staff couldn't be more polite and, typically Thai, helpful. The views from the lobby are breathtaking, you really have to see it to believe it. Initially my room was upgraded to a beach villa which was HUGE, had 2 bedrooms and a living room, plus an enourmous deck literally on the beach. The room, particularly the bathroom was lovely and clean, but admittedly was showing some small areas of disrepair. My friends had been moved into 'deluxe oceanfront' rooms (my original choice) and these were wonderful! Smaller than the villas but what swung it for me was the bathrooms (you could do laps in the bath!) They were romantic...and, well fab! So i 'downgraded' back to one of these rooms. The views from the ocean facing rooms were incredible, the sunsets amazing! The beds were so comfortable! And, yes, the hotel IS expensive (tell me a 5-star that isn't?) And it is a long way from the action, but for a romantic break you really couldnt beat it. The golf carts are great for getting around and I am sure that if anyone was unhappy with their room the staff would do their utmost to help out. We had a large party staying and were all upgraded in one form or another....

The pools werent particularly big, but not crowded, the infinity pool is beautiful and the beach is not the best on Samui but not bad either. In my experience the food was excellent and although expensive worth the money, especially for a treat!

Perfect Honeymoon by A TripAdvisor Member

We stayed here on our honeymoon for a week and it is without doubt the most romantic place i have ever stayed in. It has incredible views and the staff at the hotel could not be more helpful. Don't miss Happy hour in the Bar, the sunset is amazing. It is very isolated from the tourist places because it is located on the other side of the island.

One surprise was that on my birthday - hotel management delivered a birthday cake to my room. Unexpected but appreciated greatly. There is a large choice of restaurants. We especially enjoyed Promenade for lunch at the poolside. The breakfast buffet at the main restaurant has a good choice of food, something for everybody.

The hotel has almost its own private beach and the staff will drive you down in a Golf cart any time.

I look forward to going back on our anniversary.

Read 133 additional reviews of Le Royal Meridien Baan Taling Ngam Hotel

Stayed at Le Royal Meridien Baan Taling Ngam Hotel? Share your insight.

Le Royal Meridien Baan Taling Ngam Hotel also called

• baan taling ngam hotel
  • hotel baan taling ngam
  • Address: 295 Moo 3, Taling Ngam Beach, Koh Samui 84140, Thailand

Map for Le Royal Meridien Baan Taling Ngam Hotel Closest airport: Samui (USM) 10.5 miles