Hotel Blue Bay Palma de Mallorca

Service: 7.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Hotel Blue Bay Palma de Mallorca

1 2 »
A Good Hotel For A Restful Break

"Stayed at this hotel for a short break of 4 nights any longer and i would be pulling my hair out.The entertainment at night was not that great,but the suroundings of the hotel more than made up for that where you can go for stroll around the garden.The staff was as friendly as you find anywhere,Carlos on reception goes out of his way to help you any way he can.The hotel is on a hill alright going down hill but coming up is a different matter but the hotel is inbetween Parma and Parma Nova a short and cheap bus ride in either direction for sightseeing worth a visit.The food at tht hotel is basic but edible but if you like Indian food there is good restuarant on the main road ,but avoid the Italian at busy times they can not handle the pressure due to staff shortage.Over all a decent hotel for the money you pay."

• Holiday details: Sep 2012, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Avisit to PARMA is a must a 15 minute bus ride away
by stagite

Relaxing Holiday

"Before we booked this hotel we read the reviews on this website. I felt i should write my own review, so others can have a general view overall.we are a family of three with a child of 10.

The location of the hotel is not suitable with anyone with walking difficulties, as it is high on a hill, and there is alot of steps down to the pool area and shops. The hotel does offer a shuttle bus to take you to the beach and back.But on the good side the views are amazing, we had a sea view on the 8th floor with a balcony. there are lifts to access all floors but with a small capicty 4 persons max.

the rooms are nicely decorated, and very clean and a good size bathroom with small bath and shower. the rooms were air conditioned. we did have a tv but could only pick up one english speaking channel ( but who wants the tv )The maid came daily to make up beds and replace towels. We were all inclusive and found the food to be good , although choice was limited we always found something we liked.The staff were very friendly,and made us feel very welcome. The hotel does put on some entertainment in the evenings bingo, dancers. if you like alot of noise and entertaining this is not for you.There is also very little for the children to do in the evenings, but our child with others always found something. We found that there was alot of spanish people staying here, but made good friends with other english families, the time just flew by.We went to the beach once and at the weekend so it was very busy and very hot. we found it great just to chill out at the pool, there were plenty of sunbeds and a bar where you could get drinks and snacks.We caught a bus to go into magalouf to buy gifts and found it easy enough.in our opinion this was a great relaxing holiday, just the holiday we wanted. our child loved it too and came home with everyones e mails including the waiters.

• Holiday details: Aug 2009, All Inclusive, Booked Independently
  • Advice: very hilly ,nice harbour, good selection of shops . very quiet
  • Activities: as we were all inclusive we didn't eat out, but there is an indian and chinese nearby
by yecart1_uk

The Blue Bay hotel is a very nice...

"The Blue Bay hotel is a very nice looking one and I would recommend it to anyone going to Mallorca, although our rooms were not ready when we arrived, they booked us rooms in another hotel a very nice one by just by the beach and provided a complimentary diner which was delicious. The only thing that spoiled my stay was the receptoinist - Jose Luis. All other staff were friendly and helpful but this guy offended my and my friend by calling us stupid when my friend asked him to provide a hotel parking which was included in the price. I was looking for someone to help me with the sports equipment that was placed at our disposal and when I politely asked him to help me he was rude unfriendly unhelpful and insulting. Overall impression was that the receptionist did want us to be there and to bother him with any of our "unjustfied" request. Normally I would respond to such behaviour but I was too overwhelmed by such language towards comming from a person who's job is to help and make good impression. Altogether the stay was good as long as we avoided the overworked receptionist and looking at the hotel and all it provides I think this person just does not fit there and should be fired for spoiling the impression of the hotel built with hundreds of thousands of dollars spent on interior design, rooms and equipment."

by AZ Soltan

The hotel had breathtaking views...

"The hotel had breathtaking views although there was a steep hill the hotel had a shuttle bus service every 20 mins so that wasnt really a problem. The rooms were clean and well decorated and the staff were friendly. The food was of a high standard and totally enjoyed a relaxing holiday. Will definately go again"

by D Broadbent

Nice looking hotel with very friendly...

"Nice looking hotel with very friendly staff. Close to beach and shops although it is up a very steep hill. The view from the rooms more than compensate for the walk up and down to the hotel, amazing sea views. Short bus ride into Palma or shopping centres nearby. Some nice little bars and lovely beaches nearby."

by D Huelin

I went with a group of my friends’...

"I went with a group of my friends’ male and female age 19/20 to this hotel. The first night we got there in the evening and all of our rooms were not ready and we were sent to another hotel (horrid) to spend the night before returning. When we returned we had to snack on food from the local mini-mart as the food was not available.

But from the second day we had less to complain about as things started to pick up. We didn’t have any problems with the quality of food and the service was bearable. We were the only Brits and we stuck out and the other guests were always watching us and listening in to what we were saying which got very tedious after 3 days.

The free mini bus to the beach was helpful, as there was a steep hill. I recommend visiting Rockfellas if you are young as they are very friendly and a good night out as the entertainment at the hotel is next to nothing.

Even the young rep from Belgium told us she wasn’t coming back as she found it boring but if you’re on holiday with your friends you can always find your own entertainment.

by V Ohene

Great Views

"A very enjoyable stay. Practically all the rooms have balconies overlooking the Bay. Try to ensure you get a bay view as the few rooms at the back of the hotel had very indifferent view. Hotel very clean, service OK, position good for beach but a fairly steep climb back . Pool could have done with more sun shades. Most guests were staying all inclusive. We were only there three nights and took advantage of the dinner option. Seven euros for a three course buffet meal with wine included, excellent value. Would certainly stay here again. Bus into Palma just one euro. Visit Palma, wonderful little city, I was pleasantly surprised.

Tony Cheshire UK

by tonytrip

Reading the rest of the reviews...

"Reading the rest of the reviews really sums this place up. And wish I read them before going.

The hotel yet clean is very basic and I am very unsure how they got there 3 stars. To get to the hotel is a nightmare unless you like walking up very large hills or hundreds of steps, and risking your life with the cars racing round the bending road with no pathway.

The pool itself is the best bit about this hotel and I still think I’ve over rated that with a 2. You can either walk down 6 flight of stairs or take the easy way using the lift and then only 3 flights of stairs, a nightmare is an understatement.

As for the pool bar with the most unfriendly staff I’ve ever met is not cheap plus they are hardly there so takes sometimes at least half an hour for a drink. We where half board and food was ok as inclusive hotels get. But it’s the rudeness of the staff that really annoys you the most.

As for the main strip well if you can call it that we went end of June and only a few bars open with no one inside. Most shops were closed all day, so ended up having to bus it to Palma for excitement and shopping.

So as you can tell I didn’t enjoy this break at all and was glad that I only went for 3 days. being in my mid twenties and healthy I found it a struggle getting up and down the hills to the shops, so would not wish that on anyone else.

by M Smith

value for money

"we have just returned from a very relaxing and enjoyable stay at the blue bay hotel on a bed and breakfast basis. Considering the price we paid to be honest were weren't expecting too much but the hotel surprised us. The staff were friedly and helpful. The room we were in was lovely, clean and comfortable with panoramic views over the bay.The corridors are carpeted which does help to keep the noise to a minimum, the entry to the rooms is by card not key which helps-also. I would say that the breakfast was more than adequate, with a hot buffet - cold buffet - and all the fresh fruit and yoghurt. ( i have a gluten allergy but never went humgry ) Yes there is a steep hill but if you take it steady its not that mammoth a task to climb it.( and it helps to get some calories off!!!) Cala Mayor itself isn't chic or swish but there are some fine little restaurants - and with Palma being so close and the bus service so good you're never far away from 'chic' if you want it - all in all we have really enjoyed the stay and will definitely go back"

by southyorkscouple

When we booked this holiday, we asked...

"When we booked this holiday, we asked for not a lot of steps as my 74year old mother was coming with us.

When we arrived there were 97 steps to the pool and the hotel was on the top of a hill.

There was no entertainment apart from a TV.

The staff weren’t very helpful, they had a free bus to the beach, which a holiday maker had to tell us about.

The food was below the average all inclusive.

It is not a place we would be returning to also the resort itself is nothing to write home about, a lot of it has closed down.

by elaine saunders

Lovely Hotel Perfect for 3*

"Really nice hotel, great views and nice cool air cnditioning that wasnt too cold. each room has a lovely little balcony and two chairs for late drinks. the staff were a little mixed in their attitudes to helping and the evening food can be left all together - DO NOT GO FULL BOARD THE FOOD ISNT WORTH IT! I would suggest you stay for breakfast though as the food is ok and theres loads of choice plus you cant really go wrong with cereals meat cheese and eggs!

The guidebooks arent written in English however if you go to saint augustin high st there is a travel agent who speaks perfect English and can artrange some great excursions. The trip to Inca market is worth a visit.

by 25yroldcouple

Really fine place

"After reading some of the reviews, I was really worried. Although I only stayed two nights and this was not a main holiday but a few days in the sun to celebrate my mums birthday with my sister.

I went with my then 9 month old son. They provided a lovely clean cot in my room, the room was clean - small, yes but who stays in their room? The bathroom was clean and fine too. They have plenty of highchairs too and lots of fruit and milk for breakfast. We did struggle at dinner time though but I had brought some ready made meals just in case.

Breakfast was lots of cheeses, meats, breads plus some hot foods. Being all inclusive makes you feel inclined to go back to the hotel to eat for lunch too but part of a holiday is to explore - so that's a downside.

The hotel really is on top of a hill, and with a buggy is a bit of a nightmare. Cala mayor is more than the bit from the hotel to the beach and with a bit of walking around you can find some nice cafes, restaurants and shops away from the beach.

The people at the hotel were fine, some staff more helpful than others.

What I can't explain is the high numbers of (mostly british) tourists that spend every night in the hotel restaurant and bar - the food and entertainment are not worth staying in for, really not. There are so many nice bars and restaurants outside to visit.

The partygoers did come back with quite a lot of noise in the early hours, but that's to be expected on holiday.

So - don't go fully inclusive and find time to explore instead and you'll find this hotel does the job - I wouldn't stay if you have mobility problems though as it really is a far walk to the hotel up a steep incline. Although there is a regular bus service it isn't that easy to find out where it leaves etc.

by katrinabull

1 2 »

Map for Hotel Blue Bay Palma de Mallorca Closest airport: Palma de Mallorca (PMI) 6.9 miles