Evason Hua Hin

Value: 8.5/10
Location: 7.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Evason Hua Hin

1 2 »
Amazing place. Went there for...

"Amazing place. Went there for Honeymoon after previously staying at the Evason resort next door.

Service was brilliant, couldn’t do enough for us. Must have had 10 complimentary items.

Rooms are amazing; we stayed in a deluxe pool villa suite with a butler who was so helpful.

The size of our own pool was 30ft long!

I'd definitely go back again and again, although this really was the holiday of a lifetime!

Recommended only for couples though not for kids really!

by K Campbell

Tranquill, Relaxing, Remote.

"Such a lovely complex. Fantastic accommodation. We were upgraded from a pool villa to a pool villa suite and it was simply stunning. Very attentive staff and every need catered for. The hotel is quite remote, although there are several small bar/resturants along the beach front ( road front ) I would recommend the windy bar for a friendly service and cocktails. Say hello to Luck and Chai, a wonderful couple. DD`s at the front of the complex offers great food at realistic prices with music dvd`s put on for your entertainment.

We took the flight from bangkok to hua hin with SGA. About £180 return for two. 40 minutes flying as apposed to a 3-4 hour road journey.

90 minute thai massages for about £4 at all the bars outside the complex and all are fantastic.

If you want night life, you really have to go to hua hin about 30 mins away by local taxi that will cost around £8 return.

If you are in search of a peaceful haven with your every wish granted, the hideaway will most certainly fulfill them.

Hello to Greg and George, Phil and Julie, it was a pleasure meeting you and drinking the night way.

Alan & Tara

by pipinpipin

Something special

"It's hard to imagine anywhere so peaceful, tranquil and beautiful. It's so quiet you might wonder if there are any other guests--let alone staff--but the resort runs so smoothly, quietly and efficiently you just don't notice them. Besides, many of the guests don't seem to want to leave their pool villas (the resort consists of 55, all with private pools, some with sea views). With two spas (the earth spa concentrates on feeling good, the six senses a little more on looking good) and more restaurants between the Hideaway and neighbouring Evason than we could manage in four nights, the place was a blissful antidote for anyone feeling stressed out. Those looking for bustling nightlife and a busy shopping scene should go elsewhere, as other reviewers note. So too those wanting a true beach holiday--this is a seaside rather than beach resort, and jellyfish were an issue during the wet season. But those looking for an almost Crusoe-like paradise will love it, along with the fabulous food and wine (try the Thai wine, it's very good and excellent value given the tax-heavy price of wine in Thailand). In fact, though the wine list isn't cheap, it's chosen carefully, and includes many rare and unusual wines, resonably priced and a pleasant surprise for those of us used to seeing very ordinary Australian wines at huge mark ups in Asia.

Others have already noted that the in-villa barbecue is a treat, so too the chef's table which was a private thai banquet for our family of four in a dining room just off the kitchens. There were plenty of activities on offer, we chose a speedboat trip to the nearby national park. This is not a conventional luxury resort--it has a more new age, rustic and green feel to it--which is apparently part of the philosophy and definitely part of its charm. Everything is recyclable where possible--glass water bottles, paper amenities packs. The only plastic we found was in the envelope thoughtfully provided for us to pack our wet swimmers in for the flight home. And the pillow menu offered a dozen very different choices. Though this is really a romantic resort, our kids won't forget the luxury of having their own pool, or our lovely butler Ann, who looked after us so well.

by wordsonwings

Paradise

"We have just returned from 6 nights at the Evason Hideaway. It was absolute bliss! It is much nicer (ie quieter, more private, smaller, well planned, well thought out) than the main resort next door (just known as the Evason).

We had a pool villa suite, which was approached via a few steps to a doorway with small lotus pools either side of the door. Going through here there was a decent size bedroom with double sinks, an indoor and outdoor shower (indoor WC) and a day bed to lounge on with lots of cushions. Across a little walkway over the lotus ponds that surround the rooms was a lounge area, with outdoor shower and indoor WC. Outside there was a patio table and chairs, teak steamer chairs and parasol and the most indulgent sunken zinc tub aain surrounded by the lotus pond. Down a few steps was the outdoor sala - a sitting/lounging area with enough cushions and bolsters to open a soft furnishing store and a low table. The pool was excellent - cleaned x 2 when we were there, lovely temperature (great for cooling off as the ave temp last week there was around 39-40C!). There were tea facilities and mini bars in each room, along with AC and ceiling fans and TV/DVD/stereos.

The suite came with our own butler who met us the first afternoon and we agreed times for the maid to come and clean in the morning and in the evening. She helped us to hire a car very cheaply, and also brought us ice and canapes in the afternoon. There are many options available for her to help you with, from in-room dining or cooking classes, spa sessions, trips etc - I think we under-utilised her but she was so lovely.

There are only a couple of restaurants there, but you can easily walk to others in the main resort if you want. The menu choices are huge, and healthy options are highlighted. The food was excellent, and the service was truly out of this world; kind, polite and thoughtful with none of the pretentious obsequiousness that has pervaded Europe and North America to a large extent (and don't even get me going on the Caribbean!).

The bathroom amenities don't get replenished that often, but as they come in proper containers rather than the usual 15ml rubbish you are hardly likely to run out. They also provide mosquito repellant lotion, which is essential! This would be my only whinge, but that's because I react very badly to mossie bites, so tend to get a bit paranoid about them! The whole site is surrounded with little pools and ponds which are a mossie paradise, however there are always mosquito coils burning in the evening and the resort gets sprayed regularly to try and kill the little blighters. If you react badly to mossies, then you MUST take your own repellant as well, and carry it round with you. We never needed the mossie net down over the bed (and yes it did have a couple of tiny holes but hey...) but then again we were sensible about not leaving the door open too long, or sitting outside in the evening with the lights on and the doors open.

The hotel tries to be eco-friendly by minimising use of chemicals, leaving it up to you when you get towels/bedding changed, and places quite a lot of emphasis on minimising use of AC/electricity, eco-friendly mosquito spraying of all the pools, low energy light bulbs and minimal lighting at night. It also tries to help socially with various programmes for the disadvantaged which is nice to see.

This hotel is not in Hua Hin, but is about 30 mins south. There is a small village about 10 mins away to poke around in, but Hua Hin was not worth the effort. The Night Market was pretty rubbish unless you like to poke around at lots of tat and eat from any of the myriad of food stalls. There are lots of opticians, so get your new specs cheaply, and go to the Silk Village for a 10 min lesson on how silk is created, before looking through all the nice and not so nice stuff made from silk. We had a car and barely used it, in fact we barely shifted from the outdoor sala and the pool! There is a small library at the hotel which was great as we plughed our way through loads of books and generally chilled totally.

Sorry for rambling, but this place really is fantastic - just trust me on this.

by Ratbag

The moment you arrive, there is an...

"The moment you arrive, there is an out of this world reception being outside among beautiful surroundings.

At once you are made to feel special the staff being so helpful and polite, nothing too much trouble.

The rooms are glorious I was lucky as I also stayed in a bungalow with my private pool, outside bath shower and Jacuzzi. The height of luxury. The rooms beautifully decorated to perfection.

Even small touches, flowers on your bed, little stuffed animals left under your pillow really delightful. Peace and serenity at your door step.

The hotel is right on the beach, not a large beach but to be quite honest staying by the infinity pool is no hardship, the staff always on hand if you require drinks or food even a nice cup of tea they are there.

Again they come round with ice cold cloths for you to cool down as it is very hot, they do their utmost to make you comfortable. The hotel offers mini vans as taxis to take you to and from Hua Hin, which you can book so when you want the town at whatever time, there is no problem getting there, but it’s lovely to get back to the Evason.

The food is brilliant and they have a good menu and cater for all your tastes so if it’s just a burger or something special no problems, even if you want it in your room that’s fine they really do accommodate your every need.

Plenty of sightseeing trips to go on they can be booked from the hotel and it’s door to door and even the boat trips are on your door step.

I really cannot fault the hotel in any way the staff so courteous and helpful and as it stands it’s the best holiday to date I have had, so very memorable, even the elephant rides they arranged!

The spa just go and indulge yourself you won’t regret it so many treatments you will be spoilt for choice and what an absolute dream location to be pampered in. Pure heaven!

Thank you Evason.

by  L Hewett

Truly amazing place to stay

"Words almost can't describe what an absolutely outstanding resort this is. The sheer decadence of the private pool villas is just WOW! We stayed 3 nights in a pool villa suite which is about double the size of their lead in pool villa. It has a larger pool and separate living room. We inspected all the different room types and glad we spent the extra on the pool villa suite but all the room types are great. (not a huge fan of the duplex villa though).

The staff are so lovely and every need is catered for. We had dinner one night at "The Restaurant" (Thai food) which is part of the Evason Resort and we sat upstairs where it was much quieter and more romantic. The other night we had an in villa Seafood BBQ which was just delicious. A chef and waiter came to our villa and cooked everything righ there. It was very fresh and just so delicious.On the last night was went to the Italian Restuarant (can't remember the name) and it was ok, nothing special. A highlight was the afternoon cocktails and canapes we ordered, loved those Mai Tai cocktails!

We had a Thai massage at the Evason Spa (Resort) which was great, one of the best we've had. Visited the Earth Spa and it looked beautiful. Loved all the products they use and the smell of them.

If you are tossing up between staying in a pool villa at the Evason Resort or the Evason Hideaway, spend the extra to stay at the Hideaway as they are so much nicer, larger and more "special".

As we were staying in Hua Hin closer to town for another 3 nights we didn't leave the resort grounds at all. There are day trips on offer though if you get bored. We had the hotel car dirve us - strongly suggest you book this for your transfers as the drive is so much smoother in a luxury car. We drove down and back to Bangkok, didn't fly. Although there wasn't anything to see on the way it was fine.

All in all it's definately a place I'll be going back to, it's worth every cent you spend for the privacy of a pool villa.

PS, Have also stayed at the Evason Hideaway Resort in Koh Samui but liked this one in Hua Hin much better.

by ci1705

Luxury Resort

"The hideaway has all areas of privacy and luxury covered. This is our second time with Evason having previously stayed at the Hideaway Na Trang in Vietnam.

The seaside location is not the best if you want ocean swimming, snorkelling etc, however, there is long uninterrupted views from the restaurants and pool area of adjoining resort. The hideaway is adjacent to the Evason Resort and the hideaway shares 4 or 5 restaurants and gym etc, the resort guests don’t seem to use the hideaway though.

What makes the hideaway so special is the accommodation, we stayed in the pool villa suite, once you step through the double timber doors, you enter your own secluded world of relaxation and luxury.

Each villa guest is appointed a butler to service all your needs. Our butler in Vietnam was not so efficient (still learning as we were there not long after it opened), however, our butler (Poy) was superb and didn’t miss anything. Little things that would normally go unnoticed were never overlooked, having noticed my IPod on the table she bought in and connected a lead so as I could play my music through the sound system.

The villa has 2 equal sized rooms that are not connected, one bedroom with TV, toilet, shower and superb king size bed. The living room has day bed, TV, toilet, shower etc. A special feature of the room is the outdoor shower and sunken spa bath, which is just in front of the bedroom and surrounded by a lily pond. Both rooms open out into a private swimming pool, which has a sunken day bed/eating area at one end.

Once you display your ‘privacy’ sign on your door, you may as well be on a deserted island as no one can see into your ‘tropical sanctuary’. I packed 2 pairs of swimmers but need not have bothered (too much information). For those on honeymoons or second honeymoons, this seclusion is perfect!!

Breakfasts are a great way to start the day, we travelled with another couple and we would start brekky around 8am and chill out comforted by big soft cushions and the soft traditional Thai music being played live over the lily pond added to the atmosphere.

Out the front of the resort, the locals have massage beds set up for the best value massage I have ever had. I have regularly read travellers finding these cheap massages yet never really found them, but here they do exist. For 90 minutes you get a full oil Thai massage by 1 or sometimes 2 girls soothing all your muscles and pressure points. The cost is just 300baht compared to 3000baht for a 60 minute session in the Earth Spa, however, it is worth trying the Earth Spa at least once – it is truly luxurious.

Other worthwhile activities include a trip into Hua Hin for the night markets. A 25 minute taxi ride from the resort costs (500baht for 4 people) is well worth it. We capped off the night with a superb poolside Thai banquet at The Marriott for around 600baht per person including a few beers and bourbons!

Out the front of the resort you can hire 125cc motor scooters (near new) for just 300baht for 2 hours, great value, great to use the motor scooter to discover the fishing village of Pranburi, the bikes can easily take you and a partner. After checking out the town head right out of the resort and follow the coastline all the way past the Samroiyod National Park to some of the most amazing coastline and mountain views you are likely to see, typically Thai views.

While Evason is not cheap they do luxury resorts exceptionally well and I would whole heartedly recommend staying here.

by BOYSFROMOZ

Luxury, sheer luxury !

"My wife and I just spent 5 days at the Evason Resorts. Actually we were booked in a pool villa at the Evason Resort and due to work going on at the Spa we were moved to a pool villa at Evason Hideway for 3 days. Wow! I used to think that 5* hotels were the top of the scale. Well we discovered there was another world beyond the 5* at Evason Hideway. Somewhat pricier than the neighboring Evason Resort (about 50% more) the pool villa is twice as large and much more luxurious. Now we know how stars live !

I will not duplicate the previous reviews - I fully agree with their comments. I would just like to stress the competence and efficiency of the Management and staff who made our stay an unforgettable experience. We have been spoiled and any futur vacation will have difficulty living up to this one.

by jr_hummel

One of the best!

"My husband and I stayed at the Evason Hideaway, Hua Hin as part of our 10 year wedding anniversary and my birthday celebrations.

What a fantastic choice we made.

After a gruelling 3 1/2 hour drive from Bangkok we were met at our villa by the General Manager (Godfrey) and our pool butler and were informed that we had been upgraded to a "partial sea view" villa and also had sparkling wine and chocolates to welcome us.

This was just the beginning of an absolutely fantastic ten night stay, the highlight of which was an in-villa BBQ on the evening of our wedding anniversary (and my birthday) which was supplemented by a lovely chocolate celebratory cake, a bouquet of white roses and "Happy Birthday" and "I will alway love you" being sung to us by the hotel band (with backing vocals being provided by our butler, another of the pool villa butlers and the assistant general manager!) - It was quite an unforgettable experience.

We only really used the facilities at the Hideaway and my husband only ventured to the Evason resort next door for a massage. To be honest, after walking round the Evason resort, I felt it was in need of a bit of a spruce up - the Hideaway part was much much nicer.

The food in the resort was expensive when compared with what you could get if you went into Hua Hin town (about 30 minutes away - 200 baht per person each way on the hotel shuttle bus) but was no more than I would spend on eating out in the UK. The cheapest wine was about £23.

The staff at the resort were friendly and always willing to help. I was a bit worried about having a pool butler as I though it would feel invasive but this was not the case at all.

The only downside to the resort (if beaches are your thing) is that the beach at the Evason is nothing special when compared to other resorts in Thailand and you do have take a 5 minute walk down the road if you want to actually lie on the beach. Outdside of the hotel there is just a dusty sand road and a narrow strip of "beach" with sun beds. This did not bother us at all as we were happy with our private pool and the lilos my husband had insisted on taking with us!

Overall I can say that this is one of the best holidays I have ever had. I thought nothing would live up to our honeymoon ten years ago at the Datai in Langkawi, Malaysia but the Evason Hideaway came very, very close.

by LisaJ99

Private, Personal & Peaceful

"This was one of the best 5 days of rest we've had.

I normally hate the tropics, the heat and humidity. I will normally be found on holiday in one of the world's alpine regions, climbing to exotic places or heading towards Antartica. It was with some trepitadtion that I agreed to a week in Thailand to a resort at that ! To put it in context I loved a previous touring trip to northern Vietnam for the culture but hated the heat. This holiday involved sitting by the pool with nothing to do.

The Evason Hideway is connected to the Evason Resort and Spa in Hua Hin but is made up of private villas with lots of space, privacy and butler service. You have the advantage of also using the Resort's facilities. We cannot comment on staying the Resort next door but it has a totally different feel to it. The Hideaway is a long 3-4 hour drive from Bangkok's new airport and is 30 minutes from the nearest town (Hua Hin).

We arrived at 3am from Australia and were taken to our pool villa which can be described as a luxurious home away from home. Only no cooking or cleaning ! We fell out of bed each morning into the chest deep pool before breakfast. We then managed to occupy ourselves before our next meal another swim and whatever else we wanted to do (take a tour or a bicycle ride along the seafront to the temple) .

Activities are plentiful but a word of warning. There is no beach and if you want a real (surf) beach go elsewhere. Also when the tide/wind is wrong there is no sandbar an the bottom of the rockwall to launch a catamaran so no sailing in wrong conditions. This is the only reason we didn't rate the Hideaway as excellent.

The personal butler, general service, food and ambience was excellent. The wines are extremely expensive but other drinks (non alcoholic, beers and cocktails) are not. Food is not included in the accomodation package but is well priced for western countries.

It's worth knowing the website photos are accurate and the Soneva, Evason Hideway and Evason Resort brands are in descending order of exclusivity.

All in all a fantastic week, even without the beach/sailing. I've been conveted to a tropical winter break. I'm still not a resort person and I'm off cross country skiing soon bur we'll be back to the occasional Hideaway.

by GAAN

The Evason Hideaway has ruined my future vacations!

"This property has raised the bar for all our future vacations.

We arrived at the Evason after dark and were warmly greeted by the staff with cool towels and a fruit drink. The buggy took us to our pool villa--which we found difficult to leave from that point on. The Hideaway is set up as a small village with intimate pathways adorned with lush foliage.

The accommodations are well designed and comfortably appointed. Indoor and outdoor shower, outdoor bath, sunken sala, private pool all within the confines of a privacy wall that seems only to keep the out from coming in--it doesn't make you feel as if you are trapped.

The Hideaway has the benefits of using all of the main hotel's amenities. Archery, tennis, multiple restaurants, a huge pool (with a staff person that comes around and cleans your sunglasses as you lounge), tour desk that has many interesting activities. This is the perfect place to stay active or to do nothing at all.

Sixes Senses Spa is beautifully designed although the services offered don't necessarily make sense for the climate. Who needs a steam room when it's 85 degrees outside?

We tried a number of the restaurants and had some meals at the villa (candle light dinner and private BBQ). The food quality is outstanding.

One thing to consider if you choose to stay here is that it is remote. Hua Hin is +/- 25 minutes away, and taxi's are expensive(relatively).

The only other fault I can identify is the mosquitos. The design of the site includes many waterways, and I think the area is prone to insects anyway. Although the Hideaway provides repellant, we found that the mosquitos also enjoyed the F&B service provided by the hotel--with us guests on the menu!

The Evason Hideaway really has set the bar high. Service is outstanding, and all presented with that Thai smile. Accommodations are in a class of their own. Every moment (including those spent doing nothing) is memorable when at the Evason Hideaway.

by travelingurl

It just keeps getting better

"Stayed at the Hideaway in a pool villa suite for two weeks in September. It was our third visit to the Evason in Hua Hin, our first visit was in May 2004 when we stayed at the sister Evason hotel in a pool villa, which I also highly recommend, the second was in October 2004 when the Hideaway was newly opened, we booked a pool villa, but were upgraded to a pool villa suite which we loved so much that when we returned this year we booked the suite.

If you are looking for a great beach, wild night life and on site entertainment this hotel is not for you. It is a place to go with the love of your life to spend quality and relaxing time together where all of the staff, from the most senior management to the most junior member of staff could not do more to make you feel as if you are the only guests in the hotel, it is as if you have stepped into their very luxurious home.

The small touches stand out, we had a hand written welcome note from the resident manager, Patrick, on arrival and an email when we got home by way of an apology that he had not been able to personally see us off.

After our first day we were welcomed by name throughout the Hideaway, and the staff who had been at the hotel during previous visits deliberately sought us out to say hello.

The butler service is not over the top, your butler will do as little or as much for you as you request. Our butler, Khun Ann, was a star.

The Villas are totally private, and the do not disturb sign respected. The pool is plenty large enough to swim in, I managed tweleve breast strokes from one end to the other. On this trip I also took an inflateable so that I could lay in my pool and read, doze or listen to music, bliss! The sound system plays in the outdoor sala, so take your favourite cds, or choose from the hotel's selection.

The pool villa suite has a seperate living room, huge bed, two satalite tvs, two dvd players, coffee maker, three showers, double outdoor bath set in its own lotus pond, dressing gown, slippers, insect lotion (not that the insects were a problem) etc etc

The food is delicious, and reasonably priced, I had a really tasty sea food pasta dish in the Beach Restaurant for approx £3! The sea bass with crab mash at the Living Room restaurant was one of the highlights of my holiday. The in Villa barbeque is an experience not to be missed and never to be forgotten...ask your butler to arrange a love balloon.

The drinks are a little more pricey, approx £25 for a bottle of house wine, and £2 for a bottle of Singa beer.

We flew from the UK with Eva Air, and paid a little extra to fly in their Evergreen Class, a premium economy cabin, which we could not fault.

We are well travelled, but this is the only place we have returned to three times and we will go back again next year for some rest and relaxation and really special together time.

by Ringy