Royal Wings Hotel

Location: 8.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Royal Wings Hotel

1 2 »
fandabidozy

"We stayed here from 10 April until 18 April and what can i say it was amazing from start to finish, the staff were so friendly and accomodating we just could not believe it, our son was 9 months old and he was spoilt by all the attention that he got, my daughter jenna just loved everything about it from the minute we arrived till the minute we left the one thing that i would say was that one week was just not enough we should have booked for ten days or even two weeks."

• Holiday details: Apr 2011, All Inclusive, booked with Thomas Cook
  • Advice: make sure you go for longer than one week
by lindyloo

fantastic !

"we just arrived back yesterday from the royal wings , lara beach , and it was fantastic ! the best hotel we have ever stayed in ! so much to do , our 7 year old daughter loved it so much she wanted to live there ! the entertainment team were great and we loved chatting to them , they work very long hours 6 days a week but were always so friendly and good fun , i loved the mini club lady , damla , who was so sweet to our little girl . the room was huge and so clean, the food every night was wonderful and the aqua and luna park entertained our little girl for hours ! the view from our room was breathtaking . the entertainment on an evening outside from 830 was the mini disco then various shows from 930 including boadway shows , magic shows and comedy nights , ive never laughed so much , the entertainers were so funny and really seemed to be enjoying themselves despite doing the same things all year round i presume ! i will recomend this holiday for anyone from all ages , the service was amazing and we are already planning to return next may !"

• Holiday details: Apr 2011, All Inclusive, booked with Thomas Cook
by elaine

The Best Hotel I have ever Stayed at!

"If you book this hotel you will not be disappointed! The hotel is fabulous, fantastic, wow factor (especially the lobby area).

I've just returned from the Royal Wings from a week’s holiday, I can not fault the hotel. I booked 2 rooms 1 double and 1 single - they were both identical rooms with 1 double bed and 1 single bed with a chaise lounge -can be classed as a family room as can sleep up to 4 persons.

The only down side to going at this time of year (February) is that the water park was closed and was not warm enough to go into the outdoor pool, however a couple of days before we left the pool was drained and work was carried out on it. But there is an indoor pool, Jacuzzi - the Turkish Bath is a must, just try and you will see what I mean!

The staff at the hotel work very hard and nothing is too much for them. The entertainment staff are great too. On one night's evening entertainment I was in stitches and crying with laughter!! There is entertainment every night, they also entertain you during the day with darts matches, Bowles. But am sure in the high season there would be more going off. The cleaning staff work extremely hard, continuously cleaning the hotel - the floors and walls to the lobby area were always spotless 24/7!

The standard of the quality of food in the main restaurant was second to none - the presentation of the food is exquisite and delicious. They have themed nights in the restaurant, e.g. Italian nights, International nights. Always too much choice and a week is not long enough to try everything!

If you want a holiday with places to venture out to - then this is not the place. The hotel is set on the beach amongst other 5* hotels (all themed) however there is little to walk to, there are a couple of bazaars, shopping mall, but there is a dual carriage way outside the hotel to cross over to get to the shopping mall - cross with care as they do not stop for you on zebra crossings!

There were only 2 downsides to this holiday - the weather was 1 - but you can't organise that, and the second was that with going out of season the water park was closed!

The beach was not very clean - however they had just had horrendous rain storms just before we arrived so that may be the reason for all the debris on the beach. But the hotels do clean their parts of the beach.

I would definitely book this hotel again but in the summer to see it in its full glory!

• Holiday details: Feb 2010, All Inclusive, booked with Thomas Cook
  • Advice: I loved the hotel, has been the best one I have stayed in!
by Nic

excellent

"just got back from the royal wings hotel yesterday fantastic hotel excellent food and very family friendly.pools great everything to a high and clean standard. my son learned how to scuba dive in one of the pools(free)nothing to much trouble for the trainer very patient and calming with him highly recommended.can not wait to go back."

by studha

not satisfied

"At the pics of Royal Wings they show alot of lights but the hotel is too dark! When we were checking out the stupid room service told them that 3 towels were missing so they insulted us by looking into our bags! The Entertainment team offer u to tak u to the biggest and best disco of antalya but they will take u t a small and very expensive disco where u should pay 5 euro for one beer! Don't go the disco of the hotel is much better than that!"

• Holiday details: Jun 2009, All Inclusive, Booked Independently
  • Advice: It's not good for adults too boring
  • Activities: it's good for families only
by sabzero

Just returned from a fantastic...

"Just returned from a fantastic holiday at the Royal Wings Hotel with my husband and 2 children (aged 3 and 2) my sister-in law and her husband and 2 children (aged 4 and 2) and my parents in law. I had high hopes after reading all the positive reviews, but it still completely exceded all my expectations!

The staff were extremely friendly and helpful and loved to make a huge fuss of the children! They all spoke very good english (great as we don't speak Turkish!), as well as German and Russian. Most of the guests were German or Russian, also some dutch but british guests were definitely the minority. It didn't matter to us, as we found everyone pleasant and friendly. It was nice to bump into fellow brits though!

Our room layout was perfect. We were situated on the 10th floor (top) and the room was split into 2 levels with our bedroom being on the higher level with a balcony looking down to the lower level where our children slept in twin beds. This worked perfectly for keeping an eye on them whilst still having our own space. Their was a bathroom on each level - one with bath and one with shower. The room was the cleanest i've ever stayed in. The shampoo, conditioner and shower gel were replenished daily, so no need to take your own. Also no need to take beach towels as they are provided and can be changed daily - great for saving vital space in your suitcase! There is also a fridge in the rooms which have a selection of drinks - replenished daily and free, of course.

The food was excellent. There was always plenty of choice throughout the day and never seemed to be any queues for anything. I ate like a pig for the duration of the holiday and still never got to try everything I wanted!!! The evening buffet restaurant was huge and had a good variety of food. Nothing ever seemed to run out! The meals at the Thai, Italian and Fish restaurants were brilliant too, though the children started to get a little bored waiting for us to finish all 7 courses!

Drinks were also great - I was surprised to see well known makes amongst the locally produced stuff. My husband was very pleased with the beer - he thought it might be a bit weak and tasteless, but was very surprised and drunk plenty! I loved the Pina Colada by the pool and also the Royal Wings Special cocktail....YUM. The children all loved the icy, slush type drinks which kept them quiet for a good half hour! If you're a fan of a nice cup of tea, you may be dissapointed though! You can't get a proper cup of tea, so you might want to take your own teabags!

The grounds were pristine, the pools clean, the seating areas perfectly situated, the beach was clean.....it was just lovely! We had some fantastic photographs taken by the photo team, which were very reasonably priced, and it was an extra bonus that they were able to airbrush out my daughters recent chickenpox scars!!

We all felt very sad when it was time to leave and all agreed that it was probably the nicest hotel we've ever stayed in - and prabably the nicest holiday we've ever had!! Although we had young children to look after, it was a very relaxing holiday. We're all hoping to make a return visit soon.

by L Glazebrook

This is the best hotel in the world!...

"This is the best hotel in the world! It is by far the best holiday I have ever been on. The hotel is very clean and safe as the staff are very friendly and have security guards around.

There is lots to do in the hotel during the day and night. During the day there are activities done by the animation team including pool games, darts, volleyball and a mini club for the kids. At night there is a mini disco for the children and afterwards a show done also by the animation team which were excellent and were very well prepared. The animation team were especially nice Michael, Eadi, Gio and many others were very welcoming and after the shows either go to the pool bar or piano bar and talk to you. Also in the hotel to do at night is the giddy disco in club giddy every night which starts at 11:30 and ends at about 02:30.

There is food served in the Royal Bistro for breakfast, lunch and dinner which serve a variety of food and have themed nights. There is also a la carte restaurants which have to be booked in advance the night before. Also starting at midnight is a food place which opens and serves a late breakfast as well.

There is a water-park and funfair in the hotel which are very good as well and clean. The staff are all very friendly and can speak a good variety of english so are easy to talk to.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is interested in Turkey and I would go there again and again as I have been there 2 times this year and I am going again in a few months.

xx

by Gaines

Has to be the best hotel I've ever...

"Has to be the best hotel I've ever been too, it has excellent entertainment shows and marvellous food. Went there in August and again in October, and am off again in March."

by Mk Kinnin

Excellent

"Just returned having stayed at this hotel from the end of March until the beginning of June 2007. I have nothing but praise for the hotel and the staff. Wonderful set up and the pool is excellent.

To begin with the hotel is only a short distance - 20mins from the airport. We arrived early in the morning but were checked in and asleep within 15mins.

For the first 4 days of our holiday we were told that the hotel was full. Still we were able to get beds around the pool without any problems. There is a local rule that you can not reserve the beds until after 9am. If you do the staff remove your towels and it will cost you 10 euros to get them back. I found if you went down at about 8.40hrs with a book and read for 20mins whilst sitting on the beds of your choice this caused no problems. If you don't want to do this then no problems as there are loads of beds. However the "Animation" team and music can be a little loud by the pool bar during the day and usually if you go down at 11am like we did a few times the only beds available are near the bar. We discovered that there is an area set aside with Bean Bags far away from the pool bar but very close to the food and beverages counters. These make an excellent alternative to the loungers. Infact the are more comfortable. They don't overlook the pool but are only seconds away. If you don't have young children that need to be watched in the pool then I recommend the bean bags. For some reason nodody used them so turn up at 11am and lay on something really comfortable!!!

British are a minority here but this I felt was a plus. I had no problems with any other nationality and encountered no rudeness from anyone.

The animation team were excellent. They all worked exceptionally hard all day. The evening shows were generally good and my children loved them. On a couple of occassions my wife and I left them watching the show whilst we went to the pool bar. (not to our taste). My daughter liked Bob but Kenny is worth meeting (He is in his element when dressed as a girl) . lol !

Lara Beach is very new and as a result you are a little out on a limb. But here is a small shopping area a short walk away. Don't go to the big Aqaar Park - it is a little pricey you are better off crossing the road to the shops on the way. Be prepared to barter. We found saying no to the price and walking out - they usually agree to your figure.

TAKE EUROS!!!!!. We were told by the travel agency to take Turkish Lira. Bad mistake. Everything is priced in EUROs. Why when they are not in the ECU - I don't know. It saves you converting to pounds and then back to Euros.

I recommend on arrival going for a Turkish bath/body scrub. Fabulous. I've never felt smoother. We also went for one on the last day aswell. Smoooooth skin!!!

Are only gripe was you had to pay extra for fresh orange at breakfast - 2 euros. Also the pool table, darts and bowling cost extra.

We went into Antalya a few times using the Hotel bus. The walk down to the harbour is interesting! The dolmus is cheaper but they do look dodgy.

All in all we had a great time. I felt very safe for me and my children. Excelent service and quality.

by cobb04

Good rooms, bad service, the room is not safe

"I was very impres when i arrived there. Beautyfull rooms and the resort is ok. But, I let some money in room and it disapear. When I left the hotel i forgot a pair of shoes in the room and they told me that is not true, they didn't find anything. I think that Turkey is ok but take care, not let money or thinks unsafe in rooms or other places."

by Tzontzonik

Excellent Hotel

"We stayed at the Royal Wings Hotel in March 2007. Having previously stayed in a beautiful all-inclusive resort in Mexico, we didnt expect too much from our bargain holiday.

But we were not disappointed - quite the contrary. The hotel is beautiful, with stunning landscaped gardens and an amazing outdoor pool. The rooms were comfortable, spacious and clean. The food in the main restaurant was outstanding, not to mention the a la carte restaurants and various snack bars. The staff are polite and friendly.

The only negative point is that the hotel is on a strip of all-inclusive hotels, so there isnt much to do locally outwith the hotel.

Having travelled extensively, I can honestly say this is a fantastic hotel and we would happily return to enjoy another stay at the Royal Wings.

by BettyEdinburgh

I would like to say that I enjoyed...

"I would like to say that I enjoyed every minute of my holiday and wish I didn't have to come home, however, as my friend and I enjoyed it so much we have booked a return trip for later this year.

We have only been back a week and I am missing it already.

The staff were amazing and highly entertaining during the day and the evening.

We spent our days by the pool watching the entertainment team playing darts, boccia and beach volley, and our night watching the variety of show produced by the team.

After a few drink we would head off to giddy disco and see the resident DJ spin some tunes.

I must say this holiday will stick in my mind forever, unless next time we have more fun!!

The food in the hotel was also fantastic the variety of food was great.

With a touch of class, this hotel is great for everyone!

by J Butterworth