Yellow Bird Hotel

Good

Cleanliness: 8.5/10
Location: 9.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Yellow Bird Hotel

good

"i stayed at the yellow bird with my partner, the view from the room was unreal, stunning!!! the rooms wasnt anything special but was all you need, two double beds aswell. the food was good value for money and the staff was very friendly, central location which was perfect for us! the pool however was very small and seems to have flies and bugs floating on the surface which stopped me from getting in!!! however the sea is right on the doorstep."

• Holiday details: Jun 2007, Self Catering, Booked Independently
by steviec377

Lovely clean hotel, very friendly...

"Lovely clean hotel, very friendly staff, great location in terms of proximity to the beach, transport, restaurants etc.

However, it is also situated next door to a night club. I did not get to sleep any night before 4am! The problem could be associated to certain rooms only, but room 301 is definitely one to avoid!

Suspect anything above or below would be just as bad. However there are only 20 something rooms so it might not be a limited problem! Beware.

by J L Royle

Had to move

"Our family of 5 ( 3 teenage daughters ) booked the YellowBird in part because of the great reviews. Geeta was terrific to deal with while booking. Unfortunately she forgot to mention that the hotel is located in the very heart of the clubs and bars in St. Lawrence Gap. Upon check in, we were told that if the noise bothered us, to please let them know and they would contact the club and ask them to turn down their music. Now, we had been up all night, arriving from Vancouver, via Toronto and by 8 pm we were trying to go to sleep. Between then and 230 am I called down to the desk 3 times. I know 8pm is early, but after a few hours of nonstop very loud music immediately out our bedroom window, we were all feeling sick from lack of sleep. When we talked to the front desk in the morning, they said we should have been informed of this as we were booking. They kindly agreed to refund the next 2 nights of our 3 night non-refundable deposit, helped make phone calls to find us a new hotel, and had us fill out a special form they have, stating our decision to leave had nothing to do with hotel itself, only the noise. This is obviously a large problem, because the police get involvd if the offending club doesn't turn down the music enough. We ended up staying at the Sandy Beach about a 3 minute walk from the YellowBird, and went into the Gap for dinner a few times. Staff were great but it sure wasn't the location for us."

Excellent Location, Friendly Staff

"We stayed for a week at the Yellow Bird Hotel at the end of September, and thoroughly enjoyed it. Superb location with the sea opposite. Very friendly and helpful staff. Food in the Bay Bistro is very good. Will definately be back."

Love the atmoshpere

"Definitely loved the atmosphere, a true testimont to the staff on hand. They were very pleasant, nice and friendly. Due to it's location, guest can walk to any and all activities within the Gap.

Would definitely stay there anytime I return to Barbados if not staying with family.

Great stay at the Yellow Bird

"Just wanted to say "ditto" and also compliment the very helpful staff at the Yellow Bird, especially Stacie and Margaret. I visited in August, it's a great location, 1st hotel in the Gap, bus 5ft. away, and the best ocean view for the money. I only wish that there was a curfew on the music from the clubs in the area. I love reggae music, but not at 4AM."

by shamane

Yellowbird hotel - excellent value

"I have just returned this week from another great stay at the YellowBird Hotel. Having stayed here for the past four years it always feels like coming home to see family - the staff, security guards and those in Bay Bistro (restaurant downstairs) are extremely friendly and helpful.

Being ideally located in the Gap the local nightlife and many restaurants/bars are only a stones throw away. The apartments overlook the wonderful St Lawrence Bay - can't think of a better way to wake up each morning to be greeted with such a fabulous view; the sunset is equally impressive. I shall look forward to making my next trip in 2005!

Brilliant - Great-Value Holiday to Remember

"What a fantastic holiday! The staff at the Yellow Bird Hotel were excellent - nothing was too much trouble for them at all. In relation to a previous review written by a visitor to the Yellow Bird Hotel, I can only say that I was extremely surprised that an allegation of theft was made against the cleaning staff - they were all very friendly and professional and I cannot imagine them even contemplating theft. Of course it is still a good idea to use the safety deposit boxes whenever on holiday!

The staff at Bay Bistro were also amazingly welcoming and friendly throughout the two week stay. The food was excellent and the cocktails were certainly worth trying (I think we managed about 25 out of the 65 on the list, but some of them were definitely tried more than once!)

The hotel is in a great area - far enough away from the noise of "The Gap" but very close to Sandy Beach (two mins walk away) and within walking distance of lots of good restaurants, supermarkets etc.

The accommodation is good and clean, albeit fairly basic. Would not hesitate recommending to friends and family who want a good value holiday to remember.

by A TripAdvisor Member

Best small hotel on the Island

"Best small hotel on the island. Might not be everyones cup of tea, but we have been coming here for over 10years, infact we are just about to have our 3rd. visit in 12months! You won't find better value for the location, over looking the beautiful St. Lawrence Bay. and minutes walk from loads of the best beaches in the world (believe me I've tried many other places!) I think people presume that if you go to Barbados you must be rich, but flights are not expensive and when you get there you have the choice of lots of lovely resturants (including the BAy Bistro downstairs by the pool) or as the rooms have a perfectly adequate kitchen where you can cook a meal and eat it on the balcony whilst watching the night life! Geeta and the girls do their very best to make your stay as relaxed as it can be, but don't just take my word for it, go and try it!!"

Great location

"We have stayed twice at the yellowbird...all rooms have an excellent balcony view of the ocean. Being located in the GAP gives a great choice of beach access,restaurants and night life...our favorite was the onsight restaurant. Can't wait to visit and stay at the Yellowbird again!"

supervalue

"the stay in the yellowbirdhotel was great!! the views are amazing!! it was fantastic to find a hotel with a view like that on that rate!! If you are planning to go to barbados and to stay in a beachfront hotel just go to the yellowbirdhotel!! I am a belgian travelagent and I travel a lot! honestly it is very diffcult to find that good value for money!! the rooms are nice convenient, vues are great!! and staff is very helpful and friendly!!

we loved to go back!! have a great trip!!

by A TripAdvisor Member

Truly THE BEST OF BARBADOS!

"We have stayed at the Yellow Bird 2 times and can't wait to go back. All the rooms have a spectacular view of the ocean and sunsets - the best in the Gap! Everyone is very friendly and helpful and the rooms are clean and comfortable. There's a great restaurant on the ground floor and many more a short stroll up the gap. It's definetely my favorite place to stay at in Barbados!"

Read 322 additional reviews of Yellow Bird Hotel