La Siesta Hotel

Stayed at La Siesta Hotel?

Share your opinion.

Good

Service: 7.5/10
Food: 6/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for La Siesta Hotel

« 13 4 5 »
This was our first time in Tenerife,...

"This was our first time in Tenerife, Our family stayed at la siesta on a half board basis for 2 weeks, by the end of the first week we wished we had come self catering because the food was been repeated to much and it got very boring, we ate out a lot in the 2nd week. Also it states in the brochure that there is a children’s menu, well there wasn’t a children’s menu! My brother in the 2nd week lived on ice-cream.

La Siesta hotel is very clean and immaculate. Staff are friendly and speak good English. Be aware: don’t buy the kids any inflatable toys for the pool because the lifeguard WILL NOT allow them in the pool, also no t-shirts to be worn, this was a big disappointment for us.

The entertainment in the day is excellent; they try and get everyone involved, no pressure though! Me and my brother played water polo a lot, that was great fun.

Although the nightly entertainment isn’t very good.

If you’re planning any trips I would highly recommend the boat trip: spotting whales and dolphins, medieval night and loro park, we thoroughly enjoyed these trips.

Smokers be aware this hotel is a non smoking place the only place you can smoke is outside by the pool area, you can’t smoke in the inside bar. I would rate this hotel as 8/10 we did have an excellent time if the food was better it would of been 10/10 all in all we had a fantastic time in Tenerife!

by Gc Adney

A very nice, modern hotel with...

"A very nice, modern hotel with friendly staff and good service, only a few minutes walk from the beach. Plenty to do and food was very, very cheap.

Only minus were the teams of British chavs using scratch cards to try and sell timeshares or dodgy holiday clubs, beware! Apart from this minor annoyance the resort is a fun place to stay. Try and get out of the resort though and up into the mountains, the scenery is fantastic and the contrast between the north and south of the island is amazing.

Car hire was pretty cheap compared to mainland Spain but shop around for the best deal, Oh and avoid the dodgy camera shops, electrical goods are cheap but you will get a much better deal with a real guarantee at the bigger stores such as Maya or Martinez.

by  D Pritchard

I have just returned from a week-long...

"I have just returned from a week-long stay at the La Siesta Hotel. I read reviews from previous guests of the hotel before I went on my holiday and some were not complimentary which made me a little wary of what to expect. I have to say that the La Siesta Hotel is a lovely hotel and that we definitely made the right choice with this accommodation.

Our room was very spacious, clean and well maintained. There is a maid service every single day of the week, the maid's always carried out a thorough job when cleaning your room. All of the staff at the hotel were very friendly and helpful.

The restaurant serves a variety of food which caters for all of the different nationalities that stay at this hotel. There is a different theme of food such as Canarian and Italian every night of the week and although we found some of the food to be a little fancy, there was always something that we enjoyed.

The pool area is very big and extremely clean. Different activities also take place around the pool area such as exercise classes and water polo. There is a spa where you can receive different treatments at reasonable prices. Also there is a tennis court and football area within the hotel grounds.

The hotel is situated in a quiet area of Playa De Las Americas where you will find a handful of small bars if you turn right out of the hotel but if you prefer the more lively bars and night clubs then again turn right when you come out of the hotel and keep walking for about 5 to 10 minutes and you will find the area's of Starco and Veronica's which have a big selection of bars and night clubs to suit everyone's taste. The beach is also a few minutes walk away from the hotel.

This is by far the best hotel that we have stayed in and we would recommend it to anyone who is thinking about booking a holiday to Tenerife.

by K

Just returned from a week in hotel...

"Just returned from a week in hotel siesta in Playa Las de Americas, it was better then we expected. The pool area was huge and well kept.

Food was varied and plentiful. Although our room didn’t overlook the pool we didn’t mind, as we were at the back of the hotel over looking the tennis courts, which was quite. This hotel is in a fabulous location, walking distance to the bars (patch) but quite enough not to hear any noise.

Only a few mins away from the beach and shops. I would recommend this hotel, and we will def be returning there.

by  J Johnson

We've have just returned and have to...

"We've have just returned and have to say had a fantastic time. The Hotel was very clean and welcoming. Guests from all over including Italy, Germany, France, Holland, Spain and UK!

Poolside and bars was fantastic. The food was excellent- apart from the coffee and orange juice at breakfast (out of a machine) best bet is go to the poolside bar at 10am and have both fresh coffee and juice.

Reading the reviews below I also had a problem with my 2 year old unable to wear a t-shirt in the pool, I spoke to the manager and explained the situation and he was more than accommodating.

The rooms were very comfortable, clean and big, we upgraded to the superior rooms well worth the extra pennies, had a lovely balcony and peaceful view and over the pool.

All of the staff were great fun, really friendly and helpful.

I would definitely recommend this hotel.

by V Watkins

Excellent

"Stayed here for a week with my wife and 15 yr old daughter and i have to say it was faultless. we stayed in a double room (the bed was 6 ft by 6`6" and a dble sofa bed for my daughter with proper matress) which was more than sufficient for the 3 of us. The poolside entertainment was very funny with a young girl getting everyopne to join in games etc. We stayed on the tennis court side which was nice and quiet, plenty of bars and restaurants within walking distance. I would deffo recommend this hotel to all ages.

Now for my only bugbear, TIMESHARE TOUTS, i hate them with a passion !!!!!!! , they are always on the corner when you turn left out of the hotel, young cocky, chavy Brits who wont take NO for an answer, so i found the best thing to do is just tell them to --!!!!!.

Here to help.

by ted1690

Fabulous

"After reading other reviews of this hotel before we went quite honestly we didnt want to go!! All I can say is dont knock it until you've tried it yourself!!!! The hotel was super clean, the staff were excellent, if we had a problem they were there in minutes. The food was excellent and varied. Our room was lovely, the housekeeping was brilliant, clean towels every single day, room cleaned every day, if we wanted a lie in the maid just came back later, unlike other hotels where they dont bother!! Yes, the reception staff did get stressed from time to time and check in did take slightly longer than usual, but they got the job done and were very helpful when needed. We have stayed in almost every hotel in the surrounding area and this is the best by far. See you next year!!!"

Can't believe this is a 4 star hotel and staff are really unhelpful

"We arrived at this hotel expecting a superior room , what we got was an average room with uncomfortable beds . The terrace was tiny with uncomfortable furniture and was shaded from the sun all day. When i asked what made this room superior to the others that were all similar I was told i had a view of the pool.

The staff at this hotel were extremely unhelpful , the worst I have ever experienced.

REception staff were useless and constantly ignored you or spoke to each other in Spanish about you and not directly to me. The hotel adevertises golf facilities but when my husband asked about this he was told No No you have to do it yourself.

The food was extremely average and we constantly felt unfortable in the restaurant if we arrived during the later part of set times and often found that there was no hot food left and the chef had ceased cooking. The only bright light in this hotel was the doorman who was very friendly and helpful. The Airtours reps as usual were only interested if you want to book trips and not interested in helping with real problems.

We definately won´t be visiting this hotel again.

by A TripAdvisor Member

Very clean hotel in the centre of Las...

"Very clean hotel in the centre of Las Americas and food good. Non smoking throughout even in bar areas which as non smokers we found excellent. Smoking allowed out on the terrace only. Lovely large salt water swimming pool with lots of sun beds, unfortunately usual complaint of people reserving them at the crack of dawn.

The negative side of such a central location was if you are given a room at the front of the hotel overlooking the street it is very noisy as well as the bar noise you have constant traffic noise and taxi rank noise until 4am etc. would pay extra and book a room overlooking the pool as this is at the back or request a room at the back for no extra (these however have no view but you at least can get some sleep.

Staff are good in restaurant but seem to be rushed on reception and were offhand as they do not have enough staff there. Time share touts are a nuisance in the resort but tend to target couples only so you need to walk separately to avoid them if a couple.

Some people from Hays travel had been overbooked whilst we were there but we were ok with Thomsons. Entertainment at night was usual hotel mediocre stuff but you are near enough to all the other hotels/bars if you don't like what’s on offer.

by  M Fisher

Nice location

"I have just returned from a 6 night break to this hotel which I booked through Barbara at Phone and Fly------.

The hotel is in a nice position one block back from the seafront, although this is not the best beach in the area.

Hotel pool was good,no problem with sunbeds although the water was pretty cold.One thing to note is that the hotel do not allow any inflatables in the main pool, not even small balls so it could be a problem if you are taking teenagers etc.

Food was plentiful and quite varied.

It took us about 10mins to walk to Los Cristianos and similar in the opposite direction to Costa Adeje.

We took a boat trip to see Dolphins and Whales.This is a must as at this time of year although Dolphins and few and far between,Whales are in abundance and it was brilliant to see them all swimming around our boat.

Also take the Jeep Safari on the full day trip. It includes lunch and lots of steep mountain roads.Dont forget to take a hat as you are in an open top jeep.

All in all a good holiday and would recommend it especially for adults.

by Mrs Jeanes

brilliat overall holiday

"Everything about this holiday was great. The food was fantastic with a great variety. The location of the hoetl was very central. The entertainmet and clubs were fanstastic. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The accommodation was spacious and comfortable."

worst nights sleep ever

"arrived around eight p.m.Friday 13 Jan.One receptionist took about twenty minutes to book me in and appeared to ignore my request for a quiet room-finally told me room was on second floor but failed to tell me it was a walk of about 200 metres-could not find room on first attempt so came down again to reception when she told that I had not walked far enough around the building-all this with two suitcases-very tired- and no porter. Fridge contained remnants of food and drink from previous tenants.Turned in around ten thirty but soon awakened by night club/bar opposite room pumping out disco type music and drums until around four a.m. meanwhile chased cockroaches around room without success. Had booked for eleven nights but could not wait for reception to open in the morning to request for change of room. was told that Manager would not permit change of rooms-only possibly next Tuesday. so paid bill and checked out-they should have paid me!"

« 13 4 5 »

Map for La Siesta Hotel Closest airport: Tenerife South Reina Sofia (TFS) 10.2 miles