La Siesta Hotel

Stayed at La Siesta Hotel?

Share your opinion.

Good

Service: 7.5/10
Food: 6/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for La Siesta Hotel

« 1 2 3 4 5 »
I was really disappointed with this...

"I was really disappointed with this hotel and would not go back again.

We got off to a bad start when we were given room 001 on the ground floor next to the lifts and reception, if you like noise then this is the room for you. All through the night there is banging and crashing, kids stomping & screaming as they run past the room this goes on til about 2am then starts again about 5am. We put up with it for three nights then were moved to room 283. Big Mistake.

The room was actually nicer and on the 2nd floor but right above the entertainment area, literally above the stage so again you have constant loud music up to 1am. Not good when you have sunstroke and want to go to bed at 9pm.

As others have mentioned the upgrade really only gives you a pool view (and noise), a box of naff toiletries, entrance to the spa for 2hrs which has to be booked the day before, robes and slippers. Not worth the extra cash in my opinion.

The food was possibly the worst I have ever had in a 4* hotel, it was edible but so bland, same thing every night and the quality was very poor. If you have booked half board and can afford it I would have lunch at hotel and eat out at night instead. Breakfast was not even worth getting up for exactly the same thing every day on the hot buffet and not much choice again, also have to queue up for 10mins to get coffee out of the machine!

Also if you are planning on having a treatment in the spa check they have you booked in for the correct treatment. I had a body wrap that cost 35 euros when I came to pay they told me it was 68 euros, they had booked me in for the wrong one. I ended up having a row with the spa manager who said she would discount it to 50 euros, I still wasn't happy about this so went to speak to the hotel manager who wouldn't even see me until two days later, then she wouldn't see me direct I had to go through the receptionist twice over another two days before they finally agreed that I would pay the 35 euros.

The only good points for me about this hotel was the location, it is close to the beaches, shopping areas and Veronicas; all are between 5/10 min walk away. We didn't have a problem with getting sun loungers but the best spots and umbrellas are gone by 8am. The drinks and lunchtime snacks are very reasonably priced to, actually cheaper than some of the local bars!

by fashionista

My husband and I along with our 5...

"My husband and I along with our 5 year old son spent a week at La Siesta for our honeymoon. We thoroughly enjoyed every minute, apart from the evening entertainment which was very phoenix nights!!

We had a superior room which was very clean and spacious, the air conditioning was great and is a definite must in Tenerife. The entire hotel was very clean and tidy and the staff were very pleasant.

Food was excellent, good variety to suit all. The Thursday night BBQ is a must with a fantastic end (not saying any more than that).

The staff who run the hotel kids club were great with the kids, kept them occupied for hours which left time for us to check out the spa, great place to relax!!

We would recommend this hotel to anybody and would definitely go back.

by J Fitzsimon

Overall a brilliant holiday. The...

"Overall a brilliant holiday. The rooms were large and cleaned daily. We were very pleased when we arrived as we had not upgraded our room and still had a king size bed, living area and large balcony. We stayed for 14 nights which was more than enough. Both the reps and hotel staff were very helpful.

For us the location of the hotel was a perfect 10 minute walk down the road to plenty of shops, bars and restaurants and a little beach. If you walked in the other direction for 15 minutes there was veronicas strip where you would find nightclubs, pubs etc. We have to recommend the pub/restaurant Los Angeles just over the road from the hotel, very friendly staff and a very good cheap night out.

We have given this resort an 8 rating as although we loved the holiday the food was a little disappointing. A few things that we would like to warn you about are: 1. Cockroaches, when the maids clean the room they open the balcony doors and we found a cockroach crawling around the doorframe (not very nice) 2. We were not warned about this before the holiday but men have to wear full length trousers to dinner. Please note three quarter lengths trousers will not be accepted. 3. Most mornings you need to get up early if you want a sunbed, we used to get up around 8.30am to obtain a sunbed. 4. We had surfing lessons and would not recommend them the instructor didn’t pay any attention to us or teach us properly and the sea conditions were very dangerous.

Although we have mentioned a few negatives above don’t let it put you off the location and hotel are excellent and we will definately be returning as we had a brilliant time. The weather was boiling and we only had one day where it was overcast.

by Clarke

Arrived on 24 June 2007 to be...

"Arrived on 24 June 2007 to be informed that they did not the pool view room which we had booked. We had to accept another room for 1 night.

The food was OK, a bit repetitive, but the staff were very friendly, especially Enrique the Head Waiter and Teri one of the waitresses.

The treadmill in the gym was an accident waiting to happen. The drive belt was faulty and at running speed was very dangerous. I reported it to the staff on 3 occasions, I put it in writing to the Hotel Director and reported it to the Tour Rep's, but on the day of departure nothing was done about it.

The smell from the toilets next to the gym was appalling.

The pool was not washed or hosed down during our entire 10 day holiday. Sunbeds were stacked, litter was lifted and rubbish bins emptied, but apart from that the pool area was a disgrace.

The Hotel had no policy regarding the booking of sunbeds. Guests were putting towels on sunbeds from 3.30am onwards. I wrote to the Hotel Director, but he did not have the courtesy to contact me.

The hotel offered a series of activities every day but the person who supervised them never worked to the advertised programme, so if and when you turned up for an activity, it was either too early or too late.

by I Sanderson

My boyfriend and I have just returned...

"My boyfriend and I have just returned from holiday and we had the best time. On arrival, the hotel was better than we expected, everything looking very clean and being very cool.

Check-in was quick and easy and the room we were in was fantastic and again, very clean. At nights, you do hear noise from the room but it is not loud with the doors shut but you can’t really expect much else when you are in the middle of the nightspot.

The evening meals and breakfast were delicious with a lot of variety. As there was a buffet, you also got to choose as much as you wanted which is perfect on the days you are really hungry!!!! A Thursday night meal is not to be missed but you have to make sure you arrive at 8 or you will miss the meal.

There was only one night of the week that we went out of the hotel, as the entertainment, which they provided, was EXCELLENT, there is always something for everyone.

The staff were always helpful and tried to make your stay as good as possible. I would also like to say how excellent the chambermaids were, they cleaned the rooms to an impeccable standard.

Overall, as you can maybe guess, we thoroughly enjoyed our holiday and this hotel made it all the more special. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone!!!

by V Lake

A gorgeous area of Tenerife, weather...

"A gorgeous area of Tenerife, weather was excellent with temperatures of 24-28 oC.

There are fantastic views of the mountains/volcanoes. The resort itself is a lovely and clean hotel, with a pink/fuchsia colour. Obviously newly refurbished it has a lot of activities for the children, young and not so young. There is plenty of activities to do inside and outside the resort.

A few disappointing aspects though. When we arrived our hotel room wasn't ready at 5pm.

The food isn't that great. The taste and quality isn't that great. There isn't a lot of choice and we ended up eating out a few time.

Thankfully there are some great restaurants such as Daniels which is out right from the Hotel or Jags Bar with traditional Scottish breakfasts.

The British cooked breakfast is popular in Tenerife. The best restaurant we encountered during our stay was Sugar and Spice which is an Italian restaurant and the food is heavenly.

If you decide to stay in this resort please be streetwise. There are people who will hassle you for scratch cards they are free but they are a con, your rep should inform you or give you more info.

I enjoyed my stay here, there is plenty to see, or do outside the resort and most of the places will give you free transport (but best to tip the driver).

by M Chale

Overall a lovely resort with large...

"Overall a lovely resort with large king-size rooms, all fully air conditioned and cleaned to perfection every day. We stayed for 14 nights with was plenty. All staff were really friendly including Thomas Cook reps.

The resort is in the centre of where the bars and clubs are and the beach is only a 10 minute walk. During our time we went fishing, golfing, crazy golfing, and karting. All information is in the Tourist Information Centre which is virtually next door to the resort. Most activities prices include a free bus although it is best to tip the driver.

An excellent resort for kids there is a mini disco nearly every night except Thursdays where the BBQ takes place. There is a gym, aqua aerobics and a lovely swimming pool for all to enjoy and there are more activities on if you don't want to leave the resort.

I have given this resort 8 rating because although we loved the resort itself the food is very disappointing and there is little choice for people who don't want to eat British food or are Vegetarian. The quality of the food isn't great and we wish we didn't go half board because of this. This was the only let down.

If you choose this resort beware of two things, there are people wanting to give you a free scratch card and sell you a timeshare. These are a con and don't accept one. Your rep should warn you of this. Another thing if you want a sunbed you have got up early like 7am to get one reserved. If you want one for later in the day there is no guarantee you will get it.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here; we had a warm welcome and will return just not half board.

by M Cheal

Have recently returned from a two...

"Have recently returned from a two week holiday at La Siesta with my wife and two friends, we stayed here the same time last year so we knew the location and lay out of the hotel.

Because we had such a lovely time there last year we had no hesitation recommending this hotel to our friends, who happily took our advise and decided to travel with us.

Now I am not going to say that the holiday was a disaster, but to be honest my wife and I were a little embarrassed at the way the standards had dropped in the 12 months since our last visit.

First of all when we arrived the rooms were not ready which probably explains the rather hasty retreat of our transfer rep, and on top of this the reception staff were not exactly the friendliest front of the house people that we have encountered in the last 25 years of travel.

The rooms were clean and spacious but we had booked and paid for a superior room but to our amazement the rooms that we were allocated were no different to the one's that we had last year with the exception that we had a poolside view and were entitled to use the spa for 2 hours daily for free as long as we pre-booked the facility.

I'm glad that when we stayed there last year we did not upgrade because apart from a pool view and slippers & dressing gown it would have been a waste of money, and how long do you spend in your room when on holiday anyway.

The only good thing that came out of this is that we managed to save quite a fair amount of money by booking on the internet at the right time and making quite a saving. In fact if we had gone with Thomson's we would have paid £250 more each person for the same deal, we spoke to a few people that had done just that and to say they were not happy is a slight understatement.

The Dining room is a joke as there is never enough staff to cope and we were there for nearly a week before anyone even greeted us at the door to show us to a table, even then we had to wait while the table was cleared of the last dinners leftovers and then re-laid, most tables when laid were only for two people anyway.

The next problem was the drinks, which did not always arrive until you had either nearly finished your meal and on one occasion I picked up my drink on the way out of the restaurant and drank it in the lounge. What the dining room needs is a good Maître D to organise the staff and then the problem would be resolved, with the aid of a few extra staff that is.

Just in case you are thinking we were exaggerating we met some people from our last visit who have been staying here for many years, and they told us that it would probably be there last visit as the standards had dropped dramatically in the last 12 months.

On the plus side we found the poolside and general bar staff excellent and they were a credit to the hotel, always helpful and nothing was too much trouble They knew how to deliver a good service to the holiday maker and certainly earned a fair few Euros in tips, a lesson perhaps the Dining room staff and reception could learn.

Drinks at the hotel were not bad for a hotel but we prefer to explore the many bars in resort were the prices are much cheaper and you can always find some good entertainment as well.

The best bars in my opinion are by the Vulcano hotel where there is a whole strip of different bars and a few restaurants to choose from, most offering entertainment to suit most tastes.

To find these bars turn left out of the hotel entrance then left again to the Bitacora hotel cross the road to the Tenerife Princess hotel carry on in front and past the Vulcano hotel until you come to a pathway on the right, go down here until you come to an opening on your left were you can find the Corner bar and next to it the Brahms & Liste, which is our favourite, but there are many more along here, the choice as they say is all yours.

You can have a cheap holiday if you rent a fridge at the hotel for 24 Euros it comes fully stocked but all you have to do is fill it up yourselves with cheap drink from the many supermarkets in the area, you can buy beer for as little as 50 or 60 cents and spirits are very cheap in Tenerife.

It's a shame about this hotel as with better reception and dining room staff it could be a very good hotel once more.

A little word also for one of the security staff that works on the front door of the hotel most days, he is such a nice man and makes a point of getting to know the hotel clients, if you are staying here just have a chat with him as you go past, he is always cheerful and pleasant.

Would I stay here again ? Only if they improve the Restaurant and Reception staffing levels and the manner in which they welcome guests, and even then it would have to be a good deal before I even considered booking an upgraded room.

by J R Chambers

Just returned from a week’s stay at...

"Just returned from a week’s stay at La Siesta with my girlfriend (I’m 27, she's 25), and overall I'd say it was a good week and a very nice hotel compared to some of the others I have seen near by, was definitely a good choice,

I want to give an honest review, so I'll start with the good points first.

1. The room was absolutely spotless, extremely clean and very nicely done; the toilet had been disinfected and sealed with tape to highlight this.

2. The hotel was very nicely done with marble floor and stylish decor.

3. Both myself and my girlfriend thought the food was very very good, and we ate in there every day, lots of things were repeated, but being a buffet there was always something new to try. (Meat balls one night were lovely!), and they are very efficient in getting your drinks etc.

4. Very nice pool area and worth trying the spa once or twice, an hour is probably more than enough though.

5. Nice tennis court, always empty.

6. Right in the middle of the action, 2mins from beach. So very well situated.

7. They always had some sort of entertainment on in the evenings; the 3 acrobats were amazing.

Not so good points.

1. Turned up on the first night at 9pm to be told there was a problem with the room, and we were to be sent to another 4 star hotel 2mins away for that one night and asked to come back in the morning.

In compensation they upgraded us to full board, upgraded our room and gave us free daily access to the spar which we were more than happy about. Although on the last day I met two other couples who also had the same thing happen and apparently it is a very common occurrence.

So don’t be surprised if you are sent to another hotel on the first night, on the upside it’s worth it to be upgraded!

2. Not having been to a Spanish resort before I couldn't believe 'some' of the staff's lack of customer service, they just didn't have a clue, and one waiter was just rude.

When you go to the restaurant you just sit at a table with cutlery, or wait for a waiter to seat you, we sat down one evening only to be demanded by the waiter to stand up and move to another table 2 metres away!

I witnessed this many times, one poor couple wanted to sit next to their friends on another table and were practically thrown off and sat on an identical table 3meters away, it was just bazaar?

It’s like he thought being a waiter meant being in charge, another time I asked him for some cutlery and he just looked really peed off that I had interrupted him. Look out for him.

3. They sting you with the beer at the pool, 2.90 Euro for a pint in the bar which only opens in the evening, but the pool bar in also 2.90 but is served in a plastic 1/2 pint glass, so basically 5.80 Euro for a pint.

4. The pool snack bar only serves snacks at lunch time, so not really a snack bar.

5. If you want a sun lounger, you have to be early, one morning we decided to put our towels out at 9am on the way to breakfast, and think we probably got the last two.

Two more things to be wary of, but to be fair has nothing to do with the hotel,

1. The 'looky looky men' who constantly hassle you on the beach to buy naff watches/sunglasses, don’t get in a conversation, just say no and keep walking, unless of course you do want a naff watch?

2. The Spanish guy who came up to me as I was walking back at 2am (right in front of the hotel), grabbing my arms pretending to dance, walked away from him then realising 5mins later I had no wallet.

3. Most bars are great with cheap drinks, be wary of some bars at Veronica's, English guys hassle you to come in saying buy one drink get one free etc, with free shots. Great! Apart from the fact that the drinks are double the price to start with.

If anyone is reading this and going there soon, please don’t let my bad points put you off, overall it was a very nice hotel, and I had a very nice time.

by M Still

Great hotel, food was ok not...

"Great hotel, food was ok not brilliant though. Was very busy when I was there but that is to be expected.

A great 4 star hotel, amazing spar features. Good size rooms.

Tennis courts for as little at 6 Euros an hour.

Great hotel would recommend to anyone going on holiday in Tenerife whether it’s a family holiday or a lad’s holiday, there is something for everyone.

by T P Stillwell

Clean room (except for the ants)....

"Clean room (except for the ants). Disappointing stay. We booked online with the hotel direct.

Two days before we were due to arrive my mother telephoned the hotel to request for a bottle of champagne to be left in our room on arrival (which she would have paid for), she was advised that they had no booking for us. I e-mailed the hotel with our booking confirmation several times, both in English and Spanish, yet when we arrived at check in and they had no notification of the booking, despite it being direct.

Fortunately we had taken a copy of the confirmation and a room was found for us. I booked a non smoking room, high floor, upgrade pool view for our honeymoon. We were given a smoking room on the second floor, directly onto a sunbathing area so not exactly private!

We paid an additional supplement for the Alexandre upgrade which meant a robe and slippers (which we had to ask for several times, they eventually arrived a couple of days late). On our second morning we asked to be moved because we could not go onto the balcony or leave the door open because of the ants. We were advised that the hotel was full so we could not move, but were left a can of ant spray!

I complained directly to the hotel manager via their website when we returned, but did not receive any response.

by  F NA

I stayed at the hotel La Siesta for 1...

"I stayed at the hotel La Siesta for 1 week in December 2007 and have never had a better holiday! The hotel was gorgeous, the food was delicious, the room spotless and spacious and the hotel was about 2mins walk from the centre of the resort!

The beach was really close as well about 5mins walk straight across from the hotel.

Everyone was really friendly and the service was indescribable - I really did have the best time ever and am already planning to return May 2007 for what I’m sure will be another great experience

I am 18 and my boyfriend is 19 and we found it affordable and enjoyable. I have already told everyone I know to go there and have a fab time just like me!

by K Issatt

« 1 2 3 4 5 »

Map for La Siesta Hotel Closest airport: Tenerife South Reina Sofia (TFS) 10.2 miles