La Siesta Hotel

Stayed at La Siesta Hotel?

Share your opinion.

Good

Service: 7.5/10
Food: 6.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for La Siesta Hotel

« 1 2 3 4 5 »
i went to la Siesta hotel for a week...

"i went to la Siesta hotel for a week and it was great, staff were really helpfull food was great i did'nt have a pool view tryed to upgrade when i turn up to the hotel fully booked, my room was facing the tennis court and every night between 9-10 you can here karoke and also see a sex shop lol, if you do go to this hotel make sure you take a hair dryer and a iron because although it does mention this in brouche you have to pay for a iron 15 euro and another 15 euro for a deposit, the hair dryer is not the best and for evening meal males have to wear full trouses, over all the location was brilliant lots to do and see............"

by A Singh

what a lovely hotel very clean and...

"what a lovely hotel very clean and staff are very helpful and chatty! my only quibbles were that havind paid extra for a superior room bear in mind i booked in jan 07 we arrived at the hotel to find theren were no superior rooms availble so they tried to compensate with 2 days on a full board basis instead of half board which hardly seems acceptible when we paid an extra of nearly £179 to have the superior room and the total of a an extra meal for 2 days would have come to 14 euros!!! and the food wssnt that great....very salty and wtch out how much you spend to as you dont pay for anything until the end of your stay then your faced with a huge bill on your last day!

weather was fantastic though! lorro parque is a must and if u can go the premium or gold tour then u get a nice 3 course meal and behind the scenes tour of the park!!

aqualand is very overated great for kids though!.... 49 euros for 2 adults and what your rep wont tell u is that u pay again when your in the park.... 4 euros a sunbed 6 euros a locker then 8 euros for a ring that u need for the majoirity of the water slides! resort itself was lovely great souvenier shops! veronicas strip is lively be prepared 2 be hassled in to each and every bar for drinks tho! the beach wasnt up 2 much was littered with rocks rubble and rubbish but u can take a bus to los cristianos about 10 mins away(1 euro 25 per adult) beautiful beach and lovely harbour with all the big cruise liners and fishing boats! all in all a nice holiday!

by R Eldridge

In our party was 2 adults...

"In our party was 2 adults

2 children, 6 and 2

Had a good holiday apart from the weather.

On arrival at the hotel checking in was very fast met by english reception.

On arrival of room was quite amazed as it was very clean and there was lots of things ie washing up liquid, cloths, bin bags, swiping brush, mop loads of extra blankets.

the only down side of the room is that me and my husband had 2 single beds and the children had a soft bed with a pull out bed underneath. There was a tv with bbc1 and ITV

We went half board. The food was ok but there wasnt much choice was younger children. The staff in there was fantastic and when asked for a dish for my younger daughter they were more than happy to obliged. We went half board last year in a sol hotel and there were loads of choice on a morning and evening. The only problem here the restaurent is very small and there are only so much cooked breakfasts you can have.

My son was in the kiddies club and he loved it there was always something going on. The only bad point I would say is if your child is under 7 dont take them to the Wii party after paying 15 euros then taking him found out he couldnt go on it as he was under 7!

Entertainment was gud but again you have to get down early for seat.

We didnt spend much time around the pool as its hard with a 2 year old. Though when we did the kids loved the splash pool. The beach is a short walk away but it is lovely we managed to get a spot of the front and the water is shallow.

We walked to the port one night was was nice. There is a restuarent which has great entertainment and good food and also a play area forgot the name its the one with kebabs outside.

Over great holiday would go again as its a bit commerical for us

THE ONLY POINT IS MAKE SURE YOU TAKE YOUR MOSSI SPRAY AS WE GOT BIT LOADS ON A NIGHT

by Kaye

My two friends and myself have just...

"My two friends and myself have just returned from a week in Las Americas in Tenerife. We stayed in La Siesta right in the center of the resort. The resort is lovely for families and middle aged and older people. Great entertainment in the little street bar cafes. Just a few metres from the beautiful beach. Shopping was convenient and very geared to the tourist. The hotel was fantastic. Lovely rooms with ample room for three adults, bathrooms were lovely. The whole hotel was cleaned everyday and the sheets were changed everyday if requested. The food was realy good with a great choice, even champagne for breakfast and caviar if that was your taste. The only downside was no kettle in the room. However they had a hire service but as they didn't supply cups with it, it was a little useless. If I was going back to tenerife I would like to stay in same place again"

by J Spiers

This hotel is the best hotel ever!...

"This hotel is the best hotel ever! You couldnt ask for a better location, you walk 1 way and you can get to the beach and shopping centres, and the other takes you to all the bars and restaurants, the nightlife there is brill! The rooms are spotless, and the food is lovely and also the staff, but boys make sure you take a few pairs of trousers because when you go down for your evening meal they wont let you in without them. my boyfriend only took 1 pair and it spoilt his holiday. I cant believe any 1 could complain about this hotel, they must be the fussiest people alive. I ensure you you'l love this hotel, and they're fantastic in the evening with the children."

by Jonathan

me and my husband booked this hotel...

"me and my husband booked this hotel for our honeymoon! we agreed we will go somewhere different this year to make up for the awful memories we had at la siesta. we decided to book a 4 * hotel to make our honeymoon a bit more special.this was the basic experience we had:

breakfast was lovely but dinner was the same every night and if you are a fussy eater(my husband and i are not) then do not even think of having your dinner in the hotel.

as part of our agreement with the hotel, we were to get one nights dinner in our room, however we never received this, the hotel insisted they never had nor would supply this service.

the room was ok, not clean though!!! the sheets were dirty we when we arrived.

we paid extra for superior alexandre benefits. the benefits were extra shampoo, conditioner and a brush. we also got use of the spa-the reason the spa was so dark, was it was extremely dirty.

the pool was nice and had great games on, but if wanted a lounger then be prepared to get up at 7am and for those of you who are thinking of placing towels on loungers and going back to bed. the towels were always removed when you get back.

the worst part of the stay was the cockroaches!!!! yes thats right!! no lies, i swear!! when we complained about this, the hotel handed me a spray can, they refused to move us to a different room and told us that this is what we should have expected with this the climate. i spent the last week of my hols unable to sleep,i had visions of cochroaches crawling over my body into my mouth!!!

i am not slamming the local area it was great, with vast amounts to do, my husband and i were on a trip every other day! yaught trips, the volcano, water rides, the zoo and water parks.though watch for the pick pockets, some of them are young english so be weary and also people stop you to play a game where you scratch tickets and surprise!!you win money. then you have to go to an office to collect the prize-this scam was shown on holiday watch dog last year, so just say no thanks and walk on!

basically the area was lovely, breathtaking! but the hotel was not of 4*'s more 2*.

i stayed in a carvan the year before in spain and i enjoyed the stay much better!my advice especially if its your honeymoon then go somewhere else!last year i read the complaints other people made about the hotel and i thought they were just snobs, i am certainly no snob so please heed my advice!!!!

by M Mc Cole

Me and my boyfriend, both 18, decided...

"Me and my boyfriend, both 18, decided to go to La siesta for a week. I really recommend this hotel!

The staff are very helpful and room is spotless and cleaned every day!

We had many nice surprises when we arrived and absolutely loved this hotel!

We hadn't been on holiday alone before so we weren’t really sure where was the best place to go for a younger holiday. We wouldn't recommend this hotel if you are looking for anyone your age, its most suited to families and the elderly.

Although it suited us well as the clubs and bars were only a 10 minute walk. Beach is very close! there is also handy shops surrounding the hotel.

The only bad points are fighting for a sunbed! People were there from 7 in the morning so it as a problem finding somewhere to sunbathe as it was quite crowded and that is in October.

Is a secure hotel so it’s very good for children.

For the younger people there is a bar with cheap cocktails before you go out! The drinks are reasonable prices.

Another bad point was we got two separate beds pushed together. But the room was great with a huge balcony overlooking the swimming pool!

Would definitely come back here!

by A Scott

Just returned from a fab week at this...

"Just returned from a fab week at this lovely hotel in the best of locations, just outside Las Americas. Our upgraded hotel room was clean, spacious and in a great position overlooking the pool, and the free fruit and water every night were well appreciated. Yes, we got the 'naff' toiletries as well, but the bath robes were most welcome after our evening showers and hid our blushes from other balconies when sitting outside!

The food was plentiful and provided almost too much choice. A great salad buffet with different and interesting salads, meats, shellfish and cheeses for starters (not to mention the soups too) and then a choice of at least 5 different hot meat and/or fish dishes with pasta, potatoes and vegetables to follow. Top it off with a dessert buffet and there was no excuse for leaving the restaurant hungry. Ok, so it wasn't cordon bleu food, but considering the number of people it was catering for at any one time, it was more than acceptable. I did hear one family say 'there was nothing for the children to eat'! Rubbish! Our 6 year old tucked in to the chicken, pasta, fish, cheese, pork chops, beef stew, paella etc night after night no problem! I would add though, that although it didn't affect me personally, there didn't seem to be much choice for vegetarian guests.

The pool area was scrupulously cleaned every night and although the usual 6am sunbed towel gang were out and about (as they are in every hotel), we could always get sunbeds and a sunny poolside position arriving 11am onwards.

The entertainment was 'amusing', but loud! My one criticism of this hotel was that with the entertainment being located outside, it was extremely loud 'til about midnight. It didn't particularly bother us as we'd sit out on the balcony after kiddie bedtime anyway, but I'd hate to have had one of the rooms overlooking the stage and try to get my children to bed!

The hotel location was great and a short walk to both the beach and retail heaven - the Safari centre! A trip to the music and light fountain show in the middle of it is a must!

On the whole a great holiday and I'd definitely return to La Siesta in the future. As for Thomson’s - what can I say! Never saw a rep, never heard a rep, never received anything from a rep - good job we're self sufficient!

by  A Ottaway

We have just returned from 1 week...

"We have just returned from 1 week half board at La Siesta Hotel with a large family group ages ranging from 5 to 76!

Hotel - the rooms in the hotel are great, we had 2 adults and 2 children in ours, and we had twin beds and also a double sofa bed. There is no fridge although you can hire the minibar for 24 Euros which gives you a selection of soft drinks and the use of the fridge until you check out.

Plenty of daytime activities like football, basketball, minigolf, table-tennis

Food - very very poor. The lunches are slightly better than the evening meals, we ate our almost every night! There is no separate children’s selection and my children struggled to find something to eat.

Pool - children are not allowed any inflatables, balls etc in the pool. There is a lifeguard on duty all day which is great. The water is very salty. You will need to get up early if you want a sunbed at the poolside although there are plenty of beds and adequate space.

Location - excellent. The hotel is very central for shops, bars, restaurants and the beach.

I would go back to this hotel if they offered room only or bed and breakfast but certainly not half board.

by K Stuart

Just got back from our stay at La...

"Just got back from our stay at La Siesta and really enjoyed it. The location was excellent. Not far away from every thing, beaches and bars close by and just a short walk from the fabulous dancing fountain.

The rooms were nice and clean, with maid service every day. We had a ground floor apartment, which was lovely but couldn’t sit out at night because of cockroaches; they were all over outside walls.

We thought the food was really good, the snack bar excellent, with reasonable prices, though not a lot of choice, but the restaurant was fantastic with a different theme every night and restaurant staff really nice.

Now the dreaded sunbeds - there was a channel on the TV in your room on information in hotel. It stated that towels must not be left on sunbeds and if they are left on for over an hour, they will be removed. I wish they were! Towels were left on beds all day sometimes; their owners would go out for day and come back about 4pm to claim their beds. You still managed to get a bed but if you wanted an umbrella you had no chance.

Would definitely go back, if only for the location.

by  P Debs

Stayed at this hotel for the first...

"Stayed at this hotel for the first time.

When we arrived the room we were allocated was ground floor facing a car park. We asked for another room and were given a top floor pool facing the next day, also it was an upgraded room.

The food was good, the location very good. We will definitely be using this hotel again in the future.

by J Hunter

I've just been reading some of the...

"I've just been reading some of the reviews, good and bad, for the La Siesta and felt compelled to add mine. Me (age 24), my partner (age 22) and best friend (age 20) visited Tenerife for the first time in June 2006.

This was by far one of the nicest hotels I have ever had the pleasure of staying in!

HOTEL

When I first walked through the doors, after a rather awful journey there, I thought I was in the wrong hotel as it looked so expensive and we'd got it pretty cheap. Very pretty fountains and water features.

ROOMS

We had a room on the ground floor overlooking the tennis courts, which was clean and a nice size for a hotel room, with a seating area and a nice size bathroom. The only downside was our shower didn't work but the bath was more than adequate.

POOL

The pool area was lovely and clean. Plenty of sunbeds although a lot of the good ones were taken quite early. Always had a lifeguard on when I was there. Snack bar provided good range of food.

FOOD

We stayed on a bed and breakfast but for a small fee payable at desk, could have an evening meal on the days we didn't want to eat out which was great. We thought the food was very nice. There was lots of choice, a table with selection of breads and rolls, a table with selection of fresh fruits, 2 with desserts (custards, Jelly, Gateaux', cakes, mouses ... verrry nice), and a bar with choices of soup and salads, pastas etc.. although for a 4star I felt there could have been more choice in the hot food selection, but what was provided was more than satisfactory.

Service in the restaurant was fast as there was a lot of staff on hand and was always clean.

PLAYA DE LAS AMERICAS

Ideal location for everything! right next to an indoor market and lots of bars and restaurants. 2 minute walk to the beach. 10 minute walk to all the local clubs. As you step put the hotel you have a great view of Mount Teide. There are lots of excursions on offer at good prices if you look around. We went to loro parque and it was amazing... would definitely recommend it!

The only negative thing I can say about Las Americas is that we came here coz we heard the night life was great and really clubby, but to be honest we weren't to impressed. Not much choice in music unless you like dance music constantly, few rnb bars. Expensive to drink in a few of them.

Oh and if you don't like cockroaches watch your step when you head out in the evening because I saw loads (especially in the grassy areas.. heaving!) But I will say never saw 1 in the hotel or around it.

Overall, Lovely hotel and would definitely return to La Siesta, on a half board basis this time, but for a family holiday with my children not for a clubbing holiday.

by E Vears

« 1 2 3 4 5 »

Map for La Siesta Hotel Closest airport: Tenerife South Reina Sofia (TFS) 10.2 miles