Alexandros Hotel

3.5 star

Good

Room: 7.5/10
Service: 8.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Alexandros Hotel

A great hotel in a lovely area

"My husband and I stayed at the Alexandros for a week. We absolutely loved the hotel because the staff were friendly and helpful, the breakfast was delicious -- there was so much to choose from -- and the location of the hotel was ideal. It is located between Ampelokipi and Megara Moussikis train stops...really in one of the nicest areas in Athens. We preferred staying in a less "touristy" neighborhood away from all the hustle and bustle of the Plaka. And the metro system is so easy to use and cheap in Athens, the experience was worth it."

by nyreviewer

Good hotel. Nice people, decent food

"My business contact booked the hotel. It is apx. a 20 minute ride from the airport, I was upgraded to the "junior suite" and had no complaints. Room was fine, included a safe, minibar, and all the usual amenities you expect. I missed a plug for my shaver in the bathroom though. The hotel has free wireless. There is a small business corner, but 6 euro's for 30 minutes internet in case you use their computer is rather a lot. It did not spoil my stay though!

I had a very decent dinner at a reasonable price and a nice breakfast. Although I don't understand that in countries where they grow oranges, they give you squash instead of juice!

by John071

Excellent service

"I stayed at Alexandros in November, 2006. I strongly recommend this hotel primarily for two reasons: good price and excellent service from staff: reception, restaurant and bar. If you take time to read ample number of reviews on various hotels (which I did prior to my trip) in Athens, you will notice one recurring problem: people complain about the service from the staff they experienced in their respective hotel.

Staff in Alexandros is excellently trained, and I was very impressed particularly by Andreas from the front desk who definately possesses a gift of hospitality.

The rooms are very good and clean and the breakfasts are outstanding! Incredible variety and wonderful quality. Do not miss the opportunity to dine at least once at the hotel restaurant - the food is wonderful and reasonably priced.

by VarnaTraveller

Lovely Hotel

"A lovely hotel-modern interior, clean and friendly staff. The location is just perfect - quiet street in the centre of a lovely neighbourhood in Athens. The surrounding area is very nice - shops and restaurants, close to the Metro, which transports you for a cheap price to any important place in Athens. The only thing I did not like about the hotel was the food in the restaurant but otherwise the best place to stay in Athens on a reasonable price. Excellent hotel!"

by Mela1976

Great place for visiting Athens

"My sister and I stayed here with our sons for 3 nights on our way to Crete. We were very, very happy with the hotel. It was not in the center of everything, but it was relatively close to a subway stop, and we found the mass transit easy to use. Most important, the staff here were excellent, particularly those behind the desk. My son and I were late arriving because of travel delays, and the desk staff were worried for us! It made us feel very welcome. Whenever we needed anything (including cleaning up broken glass, the result of a little too much playing by my 8 year), they responded immediately. As well, they always gave us excellent advice in terms of tours, restaurants, etc. The rooms were a bit mixed (both fine, but mine was a bit more chraming).

I would stay again for a very good, safe, comfortable experience.

by romanticatheart

Amazing Athens........

"Hotel Alexandros is a fantastic hotel to stay in. The staff were incredible. They really make you feel welcomed and the hospitality was amazing. During our stay we got to know several staff by name which made our holiday that little more special. We would like to say huge thank you to Andreas and Elizabeth who went out there way to help us plan our itinerary and inform us the best places to view e.g. eating out and clubbing.

The hotel itself was situated in a very quiet and nice location. Majority of the Main attractions are a metro away. It is a very safe area where one can even go for a walk late as midnight!

Bedroom was clean and tidy. A lot of wardrobe space with a spacious bathroom. We were looking for a room which was clean and had good lightening which got. Rooms were cleaned everyday, and the beds were remade even if we had done them. Breakfast was great, had a great variety everyday and also accommodated for vegetarians too.

We really enjoyed our holiday in Athens. It was our first visit here and would definitely come back and stay in Hotel Alexandros!

by reviva

Superb!

"The hotel was situated conveniently close to the metro (underground) station, so commuting around Athens was incredibly easy and cheap.

The surrounding area was safe so as a group of young women, we felt no hesitation in walking around the area or back from the Metro station at night.

The staff were amazing, they were both friendly and accommodating. All of the staff were very helpful when planning our day trips, they advised on the where the best places were for particular activities such as shopping, eating, nights out etc. and also the best means of getting there. We found this extremely useful as it was our first time in Athens.

The hotel had a brilliant selection of food for breakfast and at the restaurant.

Overall a lovely place to stay for both groups of friends and families. The service is superb and the location is conveniently close to everything you want to see and do in Athens. I would definitely stay there again!

by Harsharan

Read more reviews of Alexandros Hotel at TripAdvisor

Map for Alexandros Hotel Closest airport: Athens Eleftherios Venizelos International (ATH) 5.9 miles