Club Siroco Apartments

Stayed at Club Siroco Apartments?

Share your opinion.

Location: 7.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Club Siroco Apartments

« 1 2 3 4 59 »
J Adams

"If you want to stay at this apartment I would recommend self catering. The rooms were clean and tidy, cleaned on a daily basis with fresh towels provided. The pool was also cleaned daily with plenty of sun loungers. However ....

The food, what can I say. It was like ground hog day everyday, fish, pasta, chips, pork & rice everyday and all cold. Alot of chip baps were eaten during our stay.

The entertainment was not very good, we tended to make our own. A little different than advertised with only 1 'disco' which allowed a maximum of 45 people! bearing in mind the hotel accomodates 200 if not more. My advise would be go self catering and take plenty of spending money - entertain in town fantastic.

by Jackie Adams

Cheap and cheerful

"My boyfriend and I stayed at the Club Siroco apartments In June 2008, self catering. We booked through teletext and got a bargain so we didn't expect a 5* hotel. It is only 20 mins in a taxi from the airport as we didn't get transfers booking through teletext and the taxi only cost 15euros.

Our first impressions of the apartments were basic and clean, and thats all you need for a self catering holiday. Unfortunately we were put in the blue side of the hotel which really I think is where all the All Inclusive people stay I just think they had ran out of rooms on the other side, our room was also opposite the 'disco' which was annoying especially on nights we wanted an early night and they had kareoke on! Other than that the rooms were big, clean and had everything we needed.

The hotel is about a 20 minute walk to the main part of teguise, not bad but after a few nights (and drinks) it seemed to get longer and longer each night. Our favourite restaurant was Casa Blanca, very nice! Serves meals such as steaks, good value for money. Next door to there was a chinese which was also very nice, the waitor was lovely and he loved a good natter with us, on our 2nd visit there he gave us a gift each. If you like cocktails, go to the pirate bar!

I would advise taking a shawl or cardigan for the evenings as it gets very windy in Teguise and at night it can be cold.

We read mixed reviews on here before our visit and we were quite worried, especially when we read about security in the hotel, it seemed safe to us while we were there though. Always get a safe though as you never know! Paying £10 is worth it than losing everything! We went for 10 nights and for what we paid we really enjoyed it.

Have a great holiday!

• Holiday details: Jun 2008, Self Catering, Booked Independently
by steffi22

Family of four staying

"We booked this holiday independently after much searching on the net - we split our party into 2 rooms - this to be fair went well and when we were allocated our rooms on arrival it was upstairs accomodation next door to each other. We went all inclusive but the food was where it fell down big style cos evertyhing was cold - breakfast the fried eggs were COLD, the beans were COLD the toast was fine cos you made that yourself - lunch and evening meal followed a similar pattern - we then thought maybe its to do with the time were eating at so the 2nd day we arrived outside the restaurant and waited on the doors opening - but nope first in and the hot food was still cold. By the end of the week we got tables near to the buffet so we could see when the chips went out and would pounce on them !!The accomodation was basic the toilet seat had a few large chips and dents on it but the rooms were cleaned well - the girls got ants in their bedroom but under the kitchen sink was an ants spray in preperation - the pools were both freezing- in the week we stayed i only ever was brave enough to jump in the once!!"

• Holiday details: Oct 2008, All Inclusive, Booked Independently
  • Advice: We found lots of restaurants down on the beach near the promenade
by shani mcgregor

Club Scirocco in Lanzarote

"One of the worst places we have ever stayed. The hotel itself needs to be closed down. The food was cold and you had to heat it up in a microwave located in the restaurant. There was no choice on food and every day it was the same. You could even tell which food had been re-heated and served up again. The rooms were cold and are in desperate need of refurbishment. The staff were unfriendly and to say it was all inclusive for some - the bar had it's shutters down at 9.00 p.m. The pool looks unsafe and unclean and is again in need of attention. I would not recommend this to anyone wanting a nice, comfortable and friendly hotel and to cap it all I caught the restaurant manager picking his nose when we were sitting in the restauarnt eating our meal!"

by ric50l85

Booked my holiday a week before...

"Booked my holiday a week before travelling and as I was travelling on my own for the first time I was a bit apprehensive of the hotel - although in the brochure it ticked all the boxes. I arrived (in the dark) about 9pm to be told I was too late for dinner - although during the week I saw people arriving in the dining room at 9.15! Having found my room and unpacked I went down to the bar - asked for a glass of white wine and was given warm wine in a plastic cup - and I drank out of plastic cups for the rest of the week! I understand around the pool for safety purposes but even in the evening all drinks came in the horrible plastic cups.

Although the bar was open till midnight - even all inclusive customers had to pay for drinks after llpm!

The first morning -went down to breakfast and found the sunbeds all chained up and were so until 10 am!

The entertainment was almost non-existent - we had snakes and birds of prey - to me that it not entertainment - then half way through the week they closed the disco bar in order to decorate it - which if I may add- would all the holidaymakers have decided to go to the disco bar there would have been a great safety risk as it only held 45 people.

To be honest I wasn't in my room (209) very much - I thought there was a cockroach in the bath but it was a massive chip in the enamel and the tv plug was hanging off the wall (picutres taken!!!)

However, I couldn't fault the staff - they were excellent, and the room was cleaned every day except Thursday. I even enjoyed the food.

Despite all my moans I did have a good week, met some lovely people and the sun shone every day.

by E Stewart

My Wife and I have just returned from...

"My Wife and I have just returned from a one week stay at the club Siroco, I have to say this was the second time of staying at this hotel. The hotel itself is OK the food is good (and plentiful), the staff are friendly and the Hotel is kept very clean. BUT!

This time our stay started well, everything was the same as we remembered until the fifth morning of our week, we went down for breakfast at about 0800am and found that all the SUNBEDS had been CHAINED UP (our normal routine would be to put our towels on the sun beds while we had breakfast, then we would go straight to the sun beds after breakfast). I spoke to the man on reception and was told that it was for cleaning and sun beds would be available at 10:00am, so we had to wait an HOUR and a HALF before we could start to enjoy the sunshine (I WAS UNDER THE IMPRESSION THAT THIS WAS A ONE OFF). UNTIL THE NEXT MORNING the beds were all CHAINED UP again, this time I was told that THE POOL AND SUN TERRACE DOES NOT OPEN UNTIL 10:00am, this caused a lot of bad feeling as people stood around waiting for the chains to come off.

I do understand the need to lock up the beds overnight BUT keeping them locked until 10:00am is a complete joke! I felt that the first two hours of the mornings I had left of my holiday were wasted just hanging around to get a sun bed.

FOR THIS REASON ALONE I WILL NOT BE GOING BACK TO THIS HOTEL.

by BritolBry

fANTASTIC!!!!!! We had an amazing...

"fANTASTIC!!!!!! We had an amazing time staying in this hotel, the staff were friendly, spoke excellent english and went out of their way to help and solve any problems. The food was typical of the food you get abroad, I always found something to eat (I'm veggie and have food allergies - most hotels worst nightmare). The only down side was that we had to come home.

For anyone wanting a FAB night out check out the'LIVELY LADY COMEDY DRAG SHOWBAR' just 10 mins walk up the road (or €3 in a taxi).

by C RODGERS

Having Read The Reviews Before Going...

"Having Read The Reviews Before Going I Really Wasnt Looking Forward To The Holiday When We Arrived The Place Was Really Nice And the Staff Very Friendly Waiting For Us In the Room Was Fresh Fruit Bread Rolls And Yoghurts. We Booked Here For Two Weeks And Had A Fantastic Time, The Place Was Kept Very Clean At All Times, The Rooms Were Cleaned Daily..The Waiters And Staff At The Resteraunt Were Very Friendly And HelpFul You Ask Them For The Drinks And We Were Served Straight Away The Food Was Very Repetative But We did Not Need To Go Out All The Time. The Pools Were Cleaned Daily. The Hotel Entertainement Run By The Animation Team Was Very Very Disappointing Although They Did Have Different Shows On At An Evening, We Went Out to The Lively Lady Club A MUST To Visit Ok To Take Children, They Have The Market On The Friday At The Square Worth A visit. Dont Hire A car From Direct Car As They Let You Down On The Day Your Meant To Pick Your Car Up. Did Hire A Car And Went To Tour The island Did The Volcanos On Our Own Alot Cheaper A Must See. Really Really Enjoyed The Holiday, Definately Would Go There Again."

by  D Kettleborough

well where do i start ? on arrival...

"well where do i start ?

on arrival we were told that they had no two bedroom apt for us. we would have to take 2 x 1 bedded apts or be moved to different apts in the resort. they did move us two days later into a two bedded apt which was fine. as compensation our tour rep organised free breakfast for us for two weeks. she shouldn't have bothered. on our first and last breakfast trip we left the food behind us. as we left the restaurant the "manager" came after us and asked us why we had left the food behind us? i told him that the food was cold to which he replyed with laughter "why dont you use the microwave thats what they are there for" i politely told him that fresh food is supposed to be served hot to which he replyed , i suppose so.

there are two bars that are close to the apts , the first one is the pool side bar. a complete joke is the only way i could describe it and the less said the better, but be ready for a long wait at the bar to be served as service can be hard to get as the barman can be in a different world.

the sports bar nearer the road is fine and the food is nice and cheap and is nice for a hot breakfast. the only sad thing was the barman doesnt like to be asked for to many things one after another. one day he said to us are you all finised asking for things as i just want to get away from your table we were told. the lady with the red hair is very polite and is a breath of fresh air compered to others that work there.

the apts were fine and spacious. the apartment cleaners are excellant.

i think we got fresh towels at least 12 days out of the 14 that we were there. they are very polite and totally clean the apartment from top to bottom every day if you allow them in.

the pool is lovely and clean and there was plenty of sunbeds.

just mind the deeper parts of the pool in the blue section with young children.

the entertainment was a joke and as other people have said before it is mostly wild bird or reptile owners who want you to buy photos pictured with their animals.

go across the road to sands, their entertainment is very good and dont be put off by the hotel. it is a beautifull hotel and their bar prices are very reasonable. the staff are very nice.

there is also many bar and restaurants in the town to which i had no complaints. lovely food , great staff and great prices.

3 places i would recommend

a) hennesseys for their full irish breakfast

b) the steakhouse in the spainish square , lovely food and the manager even brought the 8 of us to a bar next door and bought us all a drink while we waited for our table.

c) and after all that you have to have one of the excellant crepes from the hut near lani's

overall we had a lovely holiday and will be back but maybe not to club sirocco

by J THORNTON

We have just returned from a week all...

"We have just returned from a week all inclusive. (17-25th July) by the end of the week we were not interested in the food, however many people make mistakes with what they are choosing, they have a bit of everything then get fed up with it very quickly as a lot of it is always the same. Try to eat as you would at home then there will be no problem, for example I had egg on toast for breakfast soup and a roll for lunch and diner whatever was on offer. lets face it they cannot cook, the food was either cold lukewarm, stick to eating as you would at home and you wont go far wrong.

night time entertainment was Rubbish, you need to make your own we did.

cleanness of the venue was Excellent, the rooms were very clean and the pool cleaned daily, we were impressed. The receptions and bar staff were fantastic and although Spanish they tried really hard to pass the time of day and joke with you.

If you really want a burger and chips (not my usual kinda food) from the apartment walk up the road and keep going for about 20 minutes, you will come to a little place called the "Hole in the wall" run by a little old man he cooks the food while you wait he also does wounder full pizza, (there is also a few night clubs there open till 4am although reception didn't know about it)

My partner and I go to the canaries four times a year, we got what we paid for so don't take any notice of the bad comments you read on here, at the end of the day you are on holiday, make the most of it and enjoy your time there the week passes by so quickly if you want five star pay the price for it then you wont be disappointed. in my opinion it was value for money and very clean.

by P Fenlon

7 july -17 july, having booked the...

"7 july -17 july,

having booked the holiday virtually independantly then reading these reviews i was a bit worried.We arrived at the airport where we got a taxi to the club siroco(19.75 euro)about 20 mins. we checked in about 9.30 at night but the reception were very helpful and provided all the infomation we needed including a safe which was 2.50 euro per day with a 5 euro deposit.our room was on the top floor with a pool view and balcony.

On opening the door we were suprised how spacious the apartment was,loads of room for 2 but still plenty of room for 3.The apartment was very clean and no insects.There was plenty of equipment for cooking your own food,but really i wouldnt think you would want to.

we needed basics ie milk and coffee,do not use the small shop at the hotel it is a total rip off,if you need to buy anything turn right out of the hotel and walk for 5 minutes or so and you will find a netto which is fine and cheap,this closes at 10 .

we never used the disco bar or restaraunt at the hotel,but the sunset bar at the front of the hotel is ok. if its a cheap meal your looking for try the los zocos ,again near the netto,it is the big tent like structure you cant miss it,14 euro for all you can eat buffet,chinese,carvery,or pizza/pasta stuff,just help yourself there are no limits also included is as much beer/wine fizzy pop or tea and coffee,again there are no limits as you are serving yourselves. if its more of a meal you looking for there are plenty of places but they are not as cheap as you may think around 50 euro with wine.

anyway we would not hesitate using the club siroco again but only self catering as it seemed the majority of people were doing.

by K Markham

7 july -17 july, having booked the...

"7 july -17 july,