Lanzarote Village

Service: 8.5/10
Value: 8.5/10
Cleanliness: 9.5/10
Location: 8.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Lanzarote Village

1 2 3 »
Lovely Hotel - BUT WE HAD AN INTRUDER IN OUR ROOM

"This Hotel was recommended and on arrival we were not disappointed. We have had a very hectic year and wanted a place to walk, sunbath eat drink and relax and this Hotel seemed to tick all the boxes. It occupies a sea front location with an excellent coastal walking and cycle path. The Hotel was extremely clean and well presented, the gardens were different but well maintained and a pleasure to walk around. The hotel was busy so as expected the dining room got very full when it first opened, so we just waited 30 – 40 minutes and got a table straight away. The food was really nice, lots of choice hot and cold with several meat and fish choices at lunch and evening meal. It catered for all European tastes and I cannot fault the food quality or freshness. eat. The staff always had a welcoming smile,they were friendly polite and efficient. And up until our robbery I would have come back to this hotel with my children and grandchildren.

Now I am afraid to a negative.- Please read below:

Our room was located on the ground floor towards the rear of the hotel and we had a robbery. An intruder entered our room via the veranda door at 03:40am whilst we slept. I woke up to find the intruder, dressed all in black in our room and in very close proximity to my bed with me in it. No we were not stupid we did not leave the door open, we closed and locked it when we went to bed. And we had tested the doors on the day we arrived, but what we did not know at the time was the door had a fault. If you closed and locked the door from the inside making sure the handle was in the locked position, by using a minimum about of strength the door could be opened from the outside by pulling on the full length vertical metal strip. We discovered this after our robbery when the local police came and we checked the door over. We came to the conclusion that it was either a design fault or bad fitting. Either way the locking hooks were not fully engaging with the rectangular clips when the door was closed and locked.

After the incident the Thomas Cook rep ask the hotel to move us to another room, and straight away we checked the door and surprise surprise it had the same problem as our original room. We reported it and it was fixed? Or so we thought we had to get them back again to remove, and re position the various clips etc, then it finally locked as it should. Other hotel guests checked their rooms some had the same fault some did not.

I was very disappointed with the response I received from the hotel management, not a great deal of support or help, although they were never rude and were always polite. The Thomas Cook reps were quite slow in getting to us despite what we considered a serious incident. However I suppose they have airport runs to do and other stuff. When someone did arrive they took a statement and arranged a room move. They also arranged for us to have an interpreter so we could make a statement with the local police. On returning to England I reported it to Thomas Cook using the complaints procedure and when I did finally get a response they said “They were sorry and informed us that the quality assurance manager has been to inspect the property and has confirmed that all of the patio door locks are secure. And that the properties are monitored consistently throughout the year”. Mmm obviously ours must have been the one that got away? Lucky burglar

This hotel is part of the Hibiscus group and I believe they have two other hotels I wonder if they have the same door

• Holiday details: Mar 2014, booked with Thomas Cook
  • Advice: CHECK AND DOUBLE CHECK YOUR VERANDA DOORS
by kazzyD

superb

"Lovely and clean hotel, rooms with hairdryer, kettle, mugs, tea and coffee etc. The only hotel that actually had PG Tips! air conditioning, safe, TV, sofa and mini fridge. Balcony nice size with table and two chairs, rooms cleaned daily and in general the whole complex was kept very clean.

A large sandy beach is just across the road with lovely big waves with sunbeds and brolleys to hire.

The food was quite amazing and never had any problems find something nice to eat as the choice was so varied. In fact l have never eaten so much in a week!

Nice outside pool bar for drinks, hot and cold, snacks and ice cream.

This is actually a 4* hotel that is 4* and this l have found to be quite rare of late.

There is entertainment it was okay but really not our sort of thing.

I would highly recommend this hotel and would be more that happy to go again next year.

• Holiday details: Sep 2010, All Inclusive, Booked Independently
  • Advice: dont believe any bad reports l would go again
by Brightonbell

"Super hotel great staff great hotel superb location. Hotel was spotlessly clean. recently modernised. Staff were really friendly. Food great. Close to Beach and local shops."

• Holiday details: Sep 2010, All Inclusive, booked with A1 Travel
  • Advice: great place to stay
by betty

4 Star

"This was the Best holiday for years, at last a 4 star that was a 4 star. Management and Staff would and did everything to make your Holiday a pleasant Holiday. The rooms were large, spacious with a settee as well , 14 x 14 foot balcony with sunloungers as well , empty fridge for your use , free bottled water left daily by the cleaners. You could leave a deposit of 10 euros per large towel and use for the sunloungers etc and just return when dirty and 10 euros back. No large queues at the bar, snack bar or restaurant.Entertainment every night. The area is lovely to sit on the promenade or walk to the shops (10 mins ) and more a short taxi ride away ( 3 euros ). 15 mins at max from airport and next time we will book direct and book our own flights. All in All 10/10"

• Holiday details: Jul 2010, All Inclusive, booked with A1 Travel and Ryanair
  • Advice: Lanzarote is the best of the Canaries the locals are lovely people
by dapas

I stayed at Lanzarote Village with my...

"I stayed at Lanzarote Village with my girlfriend on 05 Jul 08, We stayed for 14nts All Inc and in all honesty we were a little bit worried given the reviews of this hotel. We are both 20 and were looking for a nice break in the sun for a couple of weeks. After a lot of research, this hotel proved to be the best option in terms of price/value/position etc so we decided to just take the gamble on it. What a good gamble it turned out to be, we arrived in Arrecife airport which is approx 5-10mins away, cost around 11-13 euros in a cab. Upon arrival at the hotel, we were greeted by a friendly female receptionist who was very helpful. We then proceeded to the room which was ok, a little tired looking to be honest, but more than adequate. The food was great, loads of choice in regards to salad, fresh breads, meat, cooked meats, fries etc and good desert selection of ice cream, fresh cakes etc. so suited perfectly. In regards to the German guests, yes they are the majority there but I didn't have a problem once with them whatsoever.. Not once did I think they were rude, loud.. They were fine. Personally I prefer them rather than people from rough areas of England! The bar by the pool was perfect in the day. As was the bar in the evening. They provide decent pint pots for all us beer drinkers, the drink selection was perfect! Position wise the hotel is located at the end of 'The Strip' Ideal position as its about 5mins walk to the main shops, bars etc. so you can get away from it all which is good.. The walk to the strip is fine by the way! The beach is over the road so is just steps away. We never had a problem with beds by the pool, its as if the english nation panick about this bed saga and rush down to grab one themselves which makes the whole situation worse! The bar staff just do a job, they arent the most friendliest but at the end of the day,I dont go on holiday to make friends with them, they just get my drink and thats fine by me. One thing to mention is on around 12 Jul, there was a festival that took place on the beach for 2 days. It was a very loud D.J nightime festival that went on for 2 nights. It was very loud music that started at 9.30pm and finished at 05.00am!! I must admit, that was pretty bad, a lot of bass that seemed to shake the hotel!! So probs worth trying to avoid that if you go! Its obviously nothing to do with the htl but thought it is defo worth mentioning as you will struggle to sleep! Maybe worth checking out if you are travelling around early-mid Jul, it took place on the Pocillos beach. Overall, I would certainly recommend this property. I have stayed at luxury hotels in the past and work in the travel industry and was not dissapointed with this place, in fact it exceeded my expectations. If you are sat panicking that you have booked this hotel and thinking you have done the wrong thing, you havent.. I am sure you will enjoy your stay as much as we did."

by A Langley

Never fancied this holiday but...

"Never fancied this holiday but thought I would just go with the flow and try and enjoy.I have to say I really enjoyed Lanzarote and our hotel "Lanzarote Village" was all any one would need to enjoy a nice enjoyable holiday.Hotel was clean and well looked after and at time of our holiday was winding down for refurbishment but still did not disrupt our holiday enjoyment.I found Lanzarote and Porta del Carmen very very clean and am looking forward to visiting again in the near future.Cosmos holidays have a high standard which you can not fault and will be looking forward to booking future holidays with them."

by N Chard

Myself and my teenage daughter stayed...

"Myself and my teenage daughter stayed her for 2 weeks all inclusive in July 2008. The hotel is very nice, in terms of decor etc. We didn't enjoy our stay though. It was full of Germans, probably about 90% of the guests. They hogged the bar, the pool etc and one morning at 6am there were towels on the best spots around the pool. One other English guest said that he was returning from a night out and saw them putting towels on the loungers at 2am. The staff were not very friendly at all and rarely spoke to you. The food was plentiful, yet again the hotel catered mainly for the germans. for the English it was same old, same old. It got to the point when you could smell the food from the restaurant I felt ill. Due to not enjoying the atmosphere/food at the hotel we spent most of our time out and about. The only downside to that was I spent a fortune on food, drink etc. Therefore defeating the object of paying extra for all inclusive. I would NEVER go back here nor would I recommend this hotel to anyone else."

by Birch

A little disapointed

"We have just returned from The Holiday Village in Lanzarote (all inclusive), the holiday overall was ok.

The Hotel was very clean and the staff were very friendly and helpful.

But we were so bored at night time, as there was no night time entertainment, and not alot going on in the daytime either, which i found to be hardwork with a three year old.

I would say this hotel is definately for people without children!

We managed to go on the South Tour trip which I'm glad we went on as it was an experience but not very entertaing again for my child!

As for the all inclusive, this was only available on alcohol till 11.00pm and after you had to pay, also ice creams you had to pay for at the pool bar, no bar snacks were being served in the daytime either!

by Andie21

Very good

"My girlfriend and I stayed for 11 nights half board and was really impressed. It wasn't very expensive, and the fact that they are doing a big refurbishment later this year meant I feared they might not worry about keeping on top of any repairs, but that couldn't be further from the truth.

The hotel was absolutely spotless, as was our room, which was serviced by the maid every day bar one. We had a ground floor studio room, which was a very decent size, with a lovely little terrace and a good sized bathroom. The walls and doors were all freshly painted, with no tatty bits - the whole place is clearly maintained upto a high standard. They don't have many double beds though (about 8 in the hotel apparently) so book early to avoid disappointment! The staff were also very friendly and helpful. There were always plenty of sunbeds around the pool, and the pool itself was lovely, clean and not too cold. There is also a huge beach just over the road, which was perfect if you fancied a bit more peace and quiet sunbathing.

The food varied a little bit, but was never bad, just a bit basic and lacking in choice sometimes. Some nights it was very good indeed. The hotel entertainment was fairly poor though and I wouldn't have wanted to stay at the hotel for the night. However, the hotel was in a great location, lively Puerto del Carmen was a very pleasant 10 minute walk away along the beach road, and had a huge variety of places to go to. There are lots of restaurants, bars and clubs, but still with a family, or couples atmosphere. Fortunately there are virtually none of the 18-30 brigade, just a fun, friendly atmosphere until the early hours. We especially liked the American Indian Cafe with it's fantastic live rock band.

All in all a fantastic hotel in a fantastic resort. We would thoroughly recommend it to anyone.

by amacwso26

good for location

"Myself, my husband and our 4 year old daughter stayed at the Lanzarote village for 2 weeks in june. Hotel itself is very clean, reception staff are very nice and helpful especially Turid. The hotel is in a good location. We had a ground floor pool view room which was very spacious and came equipped with a kitchen which we didnt expect as we stayed here on all inclusive basis. One downside we didnt expect on AI was having to pay 25 euro's for the room safe, of which we only got back 5 euro's. We had a little problem with ants throughout the stay but nothing too serious. The pool area is lovely, but be prepared to get ur towel on a sunbed before 8 or you may struggle to find one. There were lots of Germans and spanish staying at the hotel and theres were the main culprits for sunbed hogging, most of which would save a bed and not actually get on their sunbeds til late afternoon! Only once during our stay did someone complain about this issue and the towels that had been put on the beds before breakfast were removed by the pool man.

To get to our room, we had to walk outside, past the restaurant and through the seating area where the spanish and german seem to stay throughout the day, and it was like doing a catwalk through the middle of them, they would look u up and down as u walked past, most were very rude and arrogant and certainly dont care about queue jumping at the bar!!!!

On AI basis, you would expect some degree of good food but in all honesty it was aweful. Breakfast consisted on streaky bacon, which was either hard or real soggy, Scrambled egg, fried egg, beans and bread or rolls. Cereal was available as was cheese and ham or fruit. Lunch and dinner really wasnt up to standard, if you like fish..ur sorted!!! the nicest dinner we had was chicken drums and chips, not a lot of variety for children. 1 point i will make is if ur AI, dont expect any snacks like burgers or hotdogs cos it isnt available. My husband went to the pool bar one afternoon and asked for a hotdog and if he wanted it, he had to pay for it. Dinner is available in the restaurant between 1 and 3 but again, nothing very nice. You get spoiled between 4 and 5pm when they open the bar for a drink and a slice of cake or icecream, but dont get there too late cos at 5pm sharp they take it all away!! The tea is from a machine and not that nice and the cakes are weird. During the first week we would go into the restaurant for dinner, end up looking at what was available and decide to eat out. We are not fussy eaters AT ALL but the food they offer was not good at all. In the second week we hardly went in and checked as it was repeated from the 1st week, so we ended up spending money on food that we shoudnt have had to. I can recommend a few places to eat, !st being the Mucky duck, a 5 minute walk from the hotel, lovely food, good portions and very reasonable prices, the staff are fab especially Vix, she's wild, look out for her feather duster!!! There's an awesome chinese up on the strip just past the golf course by the san antonio hotel, its on the right hand side and does an all u can eat for 7 euro's 90, and its lush!! Jaspars is a bit further on, again gd prices and they do a lovely beer battered fish and an awesome sunday lunch. They have some good entertainment, look out for Niel Diamond and robbie williams tribute, both were very good! Oh and if u fancy fish and chips, try the codfather, mmm lush! and they do ahh bisto gravy, a bit pricey but worth a try! Theres a great place to take the kids, a bar called Tito's at the far end of the strip, they do kids cocktails, good music and even better cocktails for the adults! I also recommend the drag show at the music hall tavern, it was hilarious, u have to book it in advance either at the music hall tavern or book it at mucky ducks which is what we did, a really good night, good food and entertainment.

We hired a car for the 1st week which i def recommend, some days were just too hot to sunbathe or walk about so it was lush to jump in the car and go wandering, we drove around the whole island, saw all the sights and just about did everything u could possibly do on the island. One very good advantage is being able to do excursions urself and pay soooo much less, a good example being; The excursion to Timanfaya would have cost the three of us about 80 euros, by taking the car, it cost us 20 euros for the 3 of us! the roads are so nice to drive on and if ur going a bit slow to take in the sights, the locals will just overtake u when they can. There are beautiful villages, beaches, craters, so much to see, we were so pleased we got the car, we got to see it all. The only thing we didnt do was take the boat trip to fuertaventura, this worked out to be a bit too pricey, over 100.00 in sterling for 3 of us.

We would not return to this hotel again and definately would not recommend it if u are going All inclusive. Its a nice hotel in a good location so for S/C it would be a good base. One afternoon, a couple we met who were staying Half board asked to use the tennis courts, they were amazed to be told it would cost them 10 euros per hour! The guests staying all inclusive were entitled to 2 bottles of water from the bar, which was good, u didnt always have to ask for them, just take them from the bar.

If there is anything else u would like to know, contact me kelsiebee@hotmail.com X

by kelsiebeeSouthWales

If you want the truth! Read my...

"If you want the truth! Read my review! Yes, I've given it 10/10,why you may ask! well this hotel has many faults, if you consider what some people say are faults in the other reviews, like germans, yes its a mainly german complex, personally i found them great,better than having a swarm of english yobs swearing in front of ya kids and acting like dicks! the food...., there was nothing wrong with it, but yes, you will get bored of similar food every day, i'm very fussy, had meat and chips everyday, wait for the fresh trays its hot, go late, it gets cold. entertainment-crap, so what, cant cater for everyone, get up off ya lazy bum and find some elsewhere! its that simple! The rooms are basic, getting old, but clean, if you want something snazzy with air con and sat tv, pay £200-£300 a week more and go to iberostar costa calero!! All bar staff are miserable in these places, thats because they are now all inclusive and the tight british dont tip, and they get crap wages! Someone mentions the sitting area being full of noisey kids, two points-noisey ENGLISH kids, german kids were controlled by their parents, so its the ENGLISH parents not controlling their kids, and then the ENGLISH people wanting to sit in the room not having the bottle to tell the english kids to shut up!!

So back to the 10/10, best location in PDC, far enough from centre, just a nice walk in, cross from beach, clean, food ok, the rest is what you make it!! some english people just like something to complain about after getting a cheap holiday! if the germans leave their towels, put them on the floor! they would do that to ours! and for £400 8 days christmas wk was a bargain, I've only decided to write this review now because I am going back on thursday! another bargain £300, 5 days, all in, just me, so thats with single person supplement! SO ENGLISH CHEAPSKATE MOANERS! YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR! STOP MOANING AND MAKE THE MOST OF YOUR HOLIDAY! and yes, I am english!!

by G Evans

Christmas and New Year 2007/8, Hotel...

"Christmas and New Year 2007/8, Hotel was mostly German Guests small number of Irish.

The room had a large balcony, electric hob,Fridge, shower, TV,(2 Channels ) Air Con (only at certain times) Safe, (extra cost) nice and clean maid service each day exept Friday.

We found the food not to our taste, lots of pasta and it was usualy luke warm or cold.Coffee ( warm ) from a machine, Tea No, Juice from Machine, the cooked meats were not cooked enough. We ate out for most of our meals.

Entertainment, Parrot show, Dancers, quiz, Swimming pools (2) ok. sunbeds had towels on all the time. Pool tables (2) both out of order, Computer Room for adult use only (used as a child play area) as was the TV/Sitting room. The hotel to close at the end of this year for a refurbishment.

For cheap and cheerful apart from the food , good location is the best thing.

by R Richardson