Apartamentos Es Corso

Service: 8.5/10
Value: 7.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Apartamentos Es Corso

A great Quiet Holiday

"We booked this holiday on a friday and flew out on tuesday, we booked it cause i had 2 small children age 5 mths and 4 years and the room apartments were like small flats, came with kitchen (cooker,fridge etc) so was ideal for storing baby milk and snacks etc.

The pool was fantastic and the kids had a whale of a time, the bar served tea, coffee, soft drinks,alcohol and best of all ice creams throughout the day (which was very handy with a 4 year old)

The beech is also about a 20 minute walk away which was handy but got quiet crowded.

We were all inclusive and the food was pretty repetitive but we had ample choice and there was always something to eat. After all, the price we paid...who could complain!!

The hotel was spotless very very clean and the staff very friendly.

There was many english families staying too!

This is not a holiday for people who like nightlife, and to be honest my little ones were in bed by 8 anyway......there is not much to do in the evening and there was no evening entertainment, but there was a few bars and shops in the square next door where you could sit and watch the world go by, or walk along the sea front and watch the boats.

I would say this is a quiet holiday for people who don't want to do much but relax!!

I would highly recommend it!! so much so we have re booked this year again and my daughter can't wait to go back!

• Holiday details: Jun 2008, All Inclusive, Booked Independently
  • Advice: A very quiet,pretty holiday
by boozle4321

Just returned with my family from a...

"Just returned with my family from a weeks's self catering at this apart/hotel. The room was basic, but bright and very clean. Towels were changed and place cleaned every other day. Staff extremely friendly and helpful on reception. we overlooked the square and also the Port. Lovely views. The downsides were the very basic cooking facilities but it was perfectly managable - 3 electric rings, and saucepans, fryingpans, a few utensils, but no corkscrew! There was a TV in our room, the channels were mostly german but we did get CNN. Didn't plan to watch tv all week so not a problem for us. The swimming pool was fabulous! The children loved it and spend most of the time in it. It was very clean and safe, all around the pool area, plenty of sun beds too. In the evening there was some entertainment for the residents but we never went. However we also have nightly entertainment in the square below our balcony , most nights except 2/3. Very loud but always finished at about 11.30/12pm. My husband and I slept on the sofa bed in the living area. Not very comfortable at all, very thin matresses. We would recommend a 2 bedroom for a family of 4. The kids beds were very comfortable. Overall we had a great holiday, the pretty cove nearby provided a lovely beach and this unspoilt area of Porto Colom was very refreshing compared to the usual "costa brits on holiday" down the road in Cala D'Or!!!!! Please be aware that you do need to pay for things like cots/highchairs/kettles/microwaves etc. We took our own travel kettle. Malloca is a lovely island and guaranteed sun!"

by parks

On arriving at this hotel we were...

"On arriving at this hotel we were handed a small slip of paper informing us of the meal times, any other information that was available was all in German. We were the only English family there apart from one other who were flying home the following day (much to there joy). The rooms were ok but there was an awful sewage smell outside the door and the toilet had to be flushed 4 or 5 times to clear.

We had two 12 year old girls with us and there was no entertainment available for them. The food was awful. We only stopped there for one and half days and managed to get transferred to the Bouganvilla Apartments in Sa Coma which deserves 9 out of 10.

If you have booked to go to the Es Corso Apartments - try and change before you go because it just isn't worth the money. Also, there is nothing to do outside of the hotel and the beach - well, let's just say it was empty and scruffy.

by  A Scott

I made the mistake of reading reviews...

"I made the mistake of reading reviews before I went and thought that this was going to be the worst holiday ever! But to my delight when I and my family arrived the apartments were brilliant value.

The reception was lovely and the staff very helpful. The pool area was brilliant and we loved spending our days there.

The food was basic and most of the time catered towards the German clientele but we managed to find something for every meal. Although there were a lot of Germans we met some lovely English families.

The only down side was that there was no entertainment and when there was it was a German disco! But 1 min away from the Apartments was the Square where there are a number of Restaurants and bars to relax in.

They had Trampolines for the kids and an inflatable Homer Simpson of all things! The harbour was beautiful and we found some lovely English bars. All in all we had a lovely holiday, not very lively but a nice relaxing holiday and brilliant value for money.

In summary yes the food wasn't brilliant and there was no entertainment but for the money it was great. I went on holiday to enjoy myself and if I would've wanted a 4* Hotel I would've booked one.

by L Dixon

I wouldn't disagree with the first...

"I wouldn't disagree with the first review. We were originally booked to stay self catering in the Ola Club Cecelia Apts, but upon arrival were told there was no room and were moved to Es Corso.

We were given free Half-Board status due to being moved, which were originally pleased about, until we tried the food. Breakfast was a selection of disgusting looking cold meats, cold stale breads, and dodgy cheap tasting fruit juices, served in either plastic cups or coffee mugs.

At this point we thought we would just eat fruit, but this too was of poor quality. Either not ripe, or bruised. We then decided this was enough to avoid dinner at all costs, it looked cheap and worse, if possible, than the breakfast.

The reception area was ok, the reception staff were generally friendly and happy to help.

The pool was actually quite nice, sun loungers were not a problem, as the pool was never overly busy, perhaps due to off season and/or the poorly staffed poolside bar. As the previous reviewer said, drinks were served in plastic cups, and when there was someone serving, he didn't seem to understand a word we said.

The general aesthetics of the hotel were poor, there were lots of areas that were in dire need of refurbishment, broken tiles and crumbling walls.

Our initial impression of our room was that it smelt really strange. We couldn't quite put our finger on what the smell was, but it wasn't a good first impression. We originally paid for a double room, so were disappointed to find two, uncomfortable, single beds which we had to push together.

The bathroom was disgusting when we arrived, it had not been cleaned prior to our arrival, as there were hairs on the floor, obviously not ours!!!

The 'balcony' (we were on the ground floor) looked out onto a wall and hedge, as well as a dirt bank. For this reason we did not really spend any time sitting out there, other than to hang towels and swimming gear on the rail, which was admittedly quite useful.

The cooking utilities were practically non-existent. There was no toaster or grill, we were forced to 'toast' bread in a dry frying pan on the hob, due to the fact the breakfast was so awful. The hob also made a horrible smell when turned on, which took more than 24 hours to disperse.

Overall Porto Colom was a nice place, again, some areas are in dire need of refurbishment, some new paving slabs and regular cleaning would transform its appeal immensely. There were also very few decent restaurants, unless you want to eat burger/chips/pizza every night. We did find a few nice restaurants along the front of the port area, including one called 'Sa Llotja', which we must say was amazing. We paid just over 60 Euros between us, and received a top quality 3 course meal that would probably cost over £100 in the UK, definitely due to the free bottle of top quality wine included with the meal.

The nearest beach was Cala Marcal, a 10 minute walk from the hotel, which admittedly was very very nice, not too busy and very clean.

We did enjoy our holiday, but only because we made the most of it, going on regular trips and excursions such as Aqualand, Marineland and a day on the Starfish glass bottom Catamaran, all of which we really enjoyed.

Overall, we would not recommend the Es Corso in way, shape or form. I would not necessarily agree that I would not take a free holiday there, it was not that bad considering what we paid, but the food was really bad, and we recommend you avoid staying there if possible!

by Gary Percival

Just back from corso apartments porto...

"Just back from corso apartments porto colom rooms small, beds very uncomfortable, food disgusting, everything cold and served up time and time again.

The staff were complaining to the guests that they are overworked and underpaid, when I complained about the food being cold the waiter shrugged his shoulders so we ate out all week.

Drinks are served in very small plastic cups. Resort very quiet nothing to do, we went to cala d,or for a couple of nights out where there was loads to do and plenty of bars but it cost a lot in taxi fares. 16 euros each way but worth it to get some entertainment, if I was offered a free holiday at the Corso apartments I would refuse it.

by  A Haddock

Read 30 additional reviews of Apartamentos Es Corso

Map for Apartamentos Es Corso Closest airport: Palma de Mallorca (PMI) 29.9 miles