Siesta 1 Apartments

Cleanliness: 8.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Siesta 1 Apartments

1 2 39 »
great for children entertaiment

"Nice clean environment, great food, friendly staff who are prepaid to help. Most imported to me the entertainment.my kids had a lovely time. Great lovely entertainers."

• Holiday details: Jul 2013, Booked Independently
  • Advice: pack and go,don't worry about anything-staff will look after you
by vusi

great time

"Not long back from these apartments , room studio was clean and plenty of room , we went half board , breakfast was good , evening meal was not too bad plenty to choose from , the grandchildren loved the mini disco and their shows at night they loved Jasmine , Jake , Wesley and Jenna , one of them preformed on stage with them they made all the kids special , they worked very hard to please all . I would go back to this hotel as it kept our gran kids well entertained , the pool was great also . only one thing the sunbeds people actually que from 6.30 , and some come from the Bellevue which I did not think fair , but some complained but nothing done."

• Holiday details: Aug 2013, booked with jet 2
by Rosemary T

Nothing much has changed.....thankfully

"We stayed at this hotel some 16 years ago and returned back to Mallorca for the first time since then and decided to stay at the Siesta Apartments again and I'm glad to say that nothing much has changed!!!!

Lets be honest you get what you pay for and the Siesta is at the lower end of the budget scale.....however saying that the location, staff, rooms, pool, on-site restaurant all make for great holiday.

Location right on the strip, reception staff helpful and polite, food quality, you don't expect it to be gourmet, is nice and good portions , great size pool with well kept surroundings, rooms kept very clean and everything you need for self catering. The only real criticism I would have is they could do with replacing the sun beds some are damaged.

All in all a great hotel at a great price....which brought back great memories of a special family holiday 16 years ago!!! Don't hesitate to book this hotel.

P.s we booked with jet2 holidays and wouldn't hesitate to use them again. They sorted a problem with our flights home very quickly and at no extra charge, really great experience with them.

• Holiday details: Jul 2013, booked with Jet2 holidays
by Miker1

Lovely, clean hotel with an amazing pool and great staff

"I have been staying in this hotel for the past 6 years and I am returning again at the end of July. This hotel sits at the top of the "main strip" (i.e. a long road stretching right down to the beach that is overflowing with bars and restaurants and shops)and although this is a very busy area it is much quieter where the hotel is situated.

There's a choice of studio, 1 bedroom (not too many of those) and 2 bedroom apartments. The rooms are kept very clean by the maids and as far as i am aware they clean 5 days a week. The views from the rooms are either pool view or street view. Now although street view may not sound very appealing, it's actually very nice because the view is of the Bellevue Holiday Village and the surrounding gardens and as mentioned previously its a quiet area. All rooms are air conditioned, have a kettle, toaster, microwave, cooking rings and utensils.

The hotel itself is kept very clean and tidy and the pool is immaculate. The pool is cleaned on a daily basis and no-one is allowed into the pool until after 8.00 a.m. Although there can be an issue with people queueing for sunbeds, there's really no point because there are plenty of sunbeds around the pool and in the gardens. Okay if you've small children you might want to queue for a sunbed right beside the edge of the pool but otherwise there really is no point. Last year the hotel decided to bring in a rule whereby if anyone tried to reserve a sunbed and then, for example, left the hotel to go to the beach, the towels were removed so that the beds could be used by other guests.

The pool has a lifeguard on duty all day and guests are not allowed in the pool after 9 p.m. at night.

There's entertainment in the hotel and although it's a bit repetitive the kids seem to love it (i.e. bingo, reps entertainment, hypnotist, parrot show etc). There's also football, shooting, water polo, zumba etc for adults and children alike and there's a kids disco.

If you need to do a bit of laundry while you're there, you can use the laundry room (2 washing machines and 2 dryers) and there's a spar attached to the hotel where you can buy groceries.

There are also 2 restaurants attached to the Siesta 1 - the hotel's own restaurant for those who are half board and the Red Lion for snacks and meals (prices very reasonable).

As mentioned earlier, the hotel is situated beside the Bellevue and if you've small children, you could bring them to the large play area and amusements in the grounds of the Bellevue. There's also go-karting but I think its a bit expensive and crazy golf.

Outside the hotel, you'll find loads of restaurants and shops and bars and the beach is a 10 - 15 minute walk away from the hotel (straight down the main street). The beach is amazing, shallow waters and beautiful white sand. you can also pay to go on the glass bottomed boat from the pier at the beach and its a great day out.

there's plenty to do in this area and plenty to choose from restaurant wise, i.e. local cuisine,"holiday" food, indian, chinese, kfc, burger king, pizza hut etc.

The Hidropark isn't far away either - about 20 mins walk - and although it is a little expensive, its a good day out without having to take a coach to the water parks in the south of the island.

On a final note, you'll find the staff in the Siesta 1 very helpful and friendly.

• Holiday details: Jul 2011, Booked Independently
by jaykaycee

Fabulous!!!!

"What a fantastic place! Soon I am going on my 5th holiday to the ever fun Majorca at the same hotel! And there is a reason. Its fabulous!I am 10 myself and i go with my mum and my grandparents and it is the ideal hotel for a fun getaway. With a spar, the cheap and cheerful red lion bar and outside pub, a play area, a splash zone, and the biggest pool ever seen by my eyes, this hotel is great for couples, families, and groups of young adults. The entertainment is great to with very fun reps, bingo, pool activities, day and night quizzes, and guest acts like performances by the kids club, magic acts, hypnotists, meeting reptiles, and even skateboarding parrots! This hotel is great, and I recommend it from a child's point of view for you to give your family and friends a great holiday at this overwhelming hotel. For more info, read the review named WHY GO ANYWHERE ELSE posted by my mum."

• Holiday details: Jun 2007, Booked Independently
by Holiday happiness

great place to stay

"Just got back from our 1st family holiday, really enjoyed it pool was good and clean apartment was very clean, food was not bad at the red lion, entertainment was pretty poor, the odd night was ok but poor compared to other places i've stayed, would go back in future"

• Holiday details: Sep 2011, Room Only, booked with Thomas Cook
  • Advice: avoid the market, not up too much
by jolly brolly

siesta 1 apts alcudia

"just returned from a 1 week holiday, apartment was ok, what you can expect from a 3*** , entertainment a bit poor, same thing all the time, entertainers below average, red lion food ok but only just,red lion staff quite ignorant on times, room quite spacious but quite often a foul smell would waft in from the sewers, found a few ants on the balcony but not really a problem, pool good, would definately go back to alcudia but not to these apts, on the whole reasonable. we were on the 7th floor and had excellent wiews"

• Holiday details: Aug 2011, self catering, booked with Thomas Cook
  • Advice: plenty of good places to eat especially the one right by the beach
by deuville rider

Stay here to have a good time!

"Having just returned from a weeks stay, I have to say that the Hotel Siesta 1 is one of the best hotels I have stayed in. The apartments are clean and a good size. All apartments have what you would expect to have back home, microwave, toaster, etc. We stayed half board and the food is what you would expect for a mid budget holiday. Breakfast is a full english, cereal and as much fruit juice and tea as you can drink. Evening meals are always different. I have three children 5, 4 and 2. Only one night did my 2 year old refuse to eat what was on offer, but the Red Lion pub which belongs to the hotel situated next to where you eat offered to make her something for free. The staff are really friendly and any gripes are delt with straight away. The pool is fantastic and big, but always clean. My only complaint is where the childrens' entertainment is situated, they have 1 euro rides like in Asda or Morrisons and arcade machines. Also, they have sellers selling items that flash, laser pens, bracelets and a lady that does hair braids and extentions. As you can imagine my children, like all children where want, want, want. Apart from that, we are planning to go back next year to a really enjoyable hotel."

by Andy

Brill Holiday, will definately return

"We have just returned from a week long stay at Siesta 1 apts which was our first break in Alcudia having been to other resorts in Majorca and we had a brill time..the studio apt was perfect for me and my 9 yr old son, spotless clean with everything you need at hand, toaster hairdryer tv etc. and the air conditioning was super as it was very hot. Hotel staff were very friendly and gave me adjoining room to my sister and her family which was great. The food at the Red Lion was great with a wide variety to choose from..pool was fantastic and kids area great for my two nephews aged 5 and 2, even my 9 yr old loved it..entertainment was a little boring, much of the same thing every night but the kids enjoyed it and we did go out most nites..i felt some of the the entertainers did not bother with our kids very much maybe because we didn't enter them in the kids club but the different ages of our kids meant they would be in the club at different times so there was no point...all in all we had a great time in Alcudia and will return and will def stay at the Siesta 1 again...!!!"

• Holiday details: Jul 2011, Room Only, Booked Independently
  • Advice: If you are undecided about full/hlf board, do it as the food is good and i was only sorry i went room only..!!
by ferb

brilliant apartments, location and pool not so brill entertainment

"brilliant huge pool, great room, nice meals in the red lion, fantastic location, but port area at the harbour 2miles away much more upmarket and lots more to do there.. jamaican street traders a nightmare..on site entertainment was very poor especially the comedy show never seen an act as poor.. all in all a fantastic holiday but apartments need proper live acts not same old same old"

by wish u were ere

brill apartment, location and pool but rubbish entertainment

"lovely apartments, pool was the best we have seen, fantastic location really quiet and only a stone throw from restaurants etc.. the red lion under the hotel,the food was excellent reasonable prices on food but like most places drinks are becoming very expensive, the spar shop was a rip off go to the eroski if you can find it, manuel and fernando the waiters were very nice people.. the entertainment on site was quite eye opening we have never experianced rubbish like it, we had to go out every night to avoid it.. all in all a brilliant holiday just shame about the nightly entertainment"

• Holiday details: Jun 2011, Room Only, Booked Independently
by hot and bothered

brill family hol

"i've just got back from my hol at the siesta 1 apartments, alcudia. We had a brill time, it was really clean and the staff we're friendly. I went with my partner and 2 children aged 3 years and 8 months. My 3 year old loved the mini disco and the entertainers we're brill! The entertainment was good quizs,bingo,reptile show and a parrot show! I only have 2 faults the cot provided for my baby was filthy and the Thomas cook rep was useless! she did'nt even display our transfer times and when we tried to find her she had another day off! we had to find a thomas cook number and phone to find the info out ourselfs"

• Holiday details: May 2011, Room Only, booked with Thomas Cook
by jolly hols

1 2 39 »

Map for Siesta 1 Apartments Closest airport: Palma de Mallorca (PMI) 27.8 miles

Siesta 1 Apartments photos (10 traveller photos)
Top traveller tips for Siesta 1 Apartments
  • by lilytidbury

" we loved the food in Red Lion but so many places to eat take your pick "

• by Welsh dragons

" Good family place for Self catering. "

• by Holiday happiness

" To try out all the facilities like the anciant libary near the valley of amazing statues! "

• by jaykaycee

" Enjoy all the restaurants and shops and bars around this hotel and as it's not far from the Port, take a walk along the beach to the Port and enjoy the scenery on your way! "