Siesta 1 Apartments

Avenida Pedro Mas y Reus 23, Majorca 07410, Spain
2.5 star

Stayed at Siesta 1 Apartments?

Share your opinion and write a review

Good

Food: 7/10
Value: 8.5/10
Cleanliness: 8.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Siesta 1 Apartments

Enter your dates:

« 16 7 8 9 »
Just got back from a week at the... by J Whitehead

Just got back from a week at the Siesta 1, and I can only say it’s the best holiday I've had. Hotel is large and clean, room excellent and spotless, and air-con is a godsend.

Went half board and the food is good, selection not too big but adequate.

The Red Lion which is the pub under the hotel and a massive selection, great price and service so you can compensate. Pint of lager 2.5 euro! If you fancy eating out over the road from the hotel is a restaurant called Tivoli's, who do the best (and largest) lamb kebabs cooked right there on the street corner on a BBQ.

Resort has everything you need and not full of crazy stag do's like Magaluf. Also there are no pushy young reps trying to drag you into bars, just polite staff inviting you in.

One thing to look out for is the two African guys trying to sell you some sun glasses and are very insistent, don’t shake their hand as they don’t let go!

Beach is nice but to be honest the hotel is so good why bother? Relaxing in that pool was the highlight of an excellent trip and would go back again. Well done Thomas Cook!

Disappointed by MUNKEYB

Just returned from a holiday in the Siesta 1 apartments and one word sums the place up - Disappointed. The studio apartment was far too small for a family of 4 and in desperate need of redecoration. After waiting over 45 minutes in the Red Lion to be served we walked out. The waiters are arrogant and lazy and seem to enjoy ignoring you. Every morning it was like going to the Harrods opening day sale trying to get into the swimming pool area with guests pushing and running to get to the sunbeds. Facilities for the kids was inadequate with 2 swings, 1 slide and a seesaw that was to cater for guests who were there mainly because of the children. Thomas Cook will definately go to the bottom of my list from now on - along with the Siesta 1. My opinion - dont go.

Just got back from Siesta 1 and can... by D Himmock

Just got back from Siesta 1 and can only say the whole holiday was superb.

Our apartment was 2 bed roomed, 8th floor and could only be described as luxury with ps2, DVD player and unbelievable views.

We booked via holiday-rentals website and saved ourselves a small fortune compared to other families we had spoken to around the pool who had booked with Thomas Cook.

Red Lion Pub below complex is cheap and cheerful with average food. A trip to the port or Old Town costs only 6 Euros and restaurants are superb and inexpensive.

Queues for the sunbeds start around 8.00am, but stroll down at 9.10am and you will still find them.

Have already booked same apartment, same dates next year.

We've just returned from a week at... by jlr777

We've just returned from a week at the Siesta Apartments in Alcudia and to be honest, we not overly impressed.

Firstly, having booked a 1 bedroom apartment for the 5 of us, we were allocated with a studio which was far too small and not particularly clean even though the maids came in almost daily.

One good point was the children’s club organised by Thomas Cook which kept my older 2 busy every morning and some evenings, with activities, games and a party night.

The resort around the apartment area itself wasn't brilliant to be honest and the only food choices seemed to be centred around chips and burgers etc and the volume of flies made that even less appealing.

To make the holiday much better, we opted to travel by taxi (about 30 euro's return) to the nearby resort of Puerto Pollensa on most days where the beach was cleaner and less crowded and the bars / restaurants were more upmarket and served a better variety of dishes.

Overall. Mallorca was fine as a cheap(ish) getaway but I'd definitely advise choosing somewhere in Pollensa.

Myself, partner and child of 8, have... by D Clifford

Myself, partner and child of 8, have just returned from my hols and have to say - well done Siesta 1! I cannot complain about anything!

Rooms were basic but clean and spacious, self catering kitchen was immaculate and view from third floor was lovely! The staff also were most helpful and pleasant!

The Red Lion bar which is situated at the bottom of the hotel also gets my strong recommendations for food, service, and price.

For the past 5 years, going on hol for me is usually a pain when it comes to finding good home cooked food and everything I ordered was delicious - I ended up eating there every day during my stay!

There is loads to do - especially for kids! Alcudia is definitely family friendly!

We enjoyed go-karting, horse-riding, mini-golf, amusements and much more all within walking distance and the beach really is one of the nicest I have seen!

Also - if you ever go - check out the crepe shop on the main street just before the bridge. The man who makes them is just amazingly good at what he does - you will see what I mean!

ok siesta 1.with thomas cook. by NorfolkLil

went to siesta 1 july 28th to aug 4th. weather perfect. rooms basic,i feel too cramped for a family in the studios,would recommend a 1 bedroom apartmemt! the pool was the best id ever been in.,very large & kept clean. pool attendent was pressent most days,but i feel they cauld have had 2 on duty,considering the size of the pool & the amount of children.THE CUEING UP AT 8.30 FOR SUNLOUNGERS WAS A JOKE,im sure ther can b a better way??????? The thomas cook childrens reps_club was fantastic, very well organised and safe and friendly..food served in the SO CALLED BRITISH PUB!!!!!!!! WAS VERY BASIC SPANISH VERSION OF ENGLISH PUBGRUB, SO not impressed.. alcudia beachs safe and clean.and pretty,if u went at 8 in the evening,cause too busy&hot at daytime. go to siesta 1 if u have kids aged between 3 -10yrs. its great for them...........

Fantastic Holiday! Port of Alcudia is... by T Higginson

Fantastic Holiday! Port of Alcudia is a vibrant place with many many bars and souvenir shops. The beach is very family friendly especially for young kids however it can become overcrowded and you will need to go early if you require shade and a bed!

The Apartment is in need of modernisation but is very clean, air conditioning is a bonus and is needed at night. However you will wake up with a few back aches due to the softness of the bed mattress although the power shower (and I mean power) is a welcome shock to the system in the mornings or evenings!

The staff are friendly, however the staff in the Red Lion do seem to suffer from a lack of charm, and you can be left sitting for an age to get served! The food is good and cheap.

The entertainment is great for kids, with lots of different activities every night. I thought the Adult entertainment was poor and could have been much more better.

There also a Kids club that opens at 2pm till 6pm which is fantastic, the staff are extremely friendly and easily approachable and the activities laid on for the kids is great so my daughter informed me.

The pool is large and can become a little crowded in the late afternoon however it is clean and there is a lifeguard on duty. Air inflatables are allowed except for lilos?

My only gripe would be for the sun loungers around the pool as they have a system where you must queue between 8.30 and 9.00am at one end of the pool which snakes through reception and out of the main doors.

At 9.00am there is a great rush then to search and secure your lounger before they are all gone and then everybody disappears to either the beach or to town to return later in the afternoon!! I strongly advise anybody with a young family who needs a lounger and a big umbrella for shade to either get up at the crack of dawn to queue up!! Very stressful and unnecessary.

I would definitely advise you to get about and visit Formentor, Port of Pollensa and to take a drive into the mountains, incredible views.

My overall rating for the holiday is a 10 but my rating for Siesta is only a 7 for the above reasons.

P.S For the adventurous, there is a large hill around 500-600 foot directly behind the Hotel and a few of us decided to climb up to the summit and back, and the record time was 1hr 10 minutes by myself.

Just got back the other day from the... by J Wong

Just got back the other day from the siesta 1 apartments and it was brilliant.

The apartments are basic but the maid cleans every other day, the rooms have air conditioning, which is great. The only thing I could fault was that the towels weren’t changed the week we were there although we were given quite a few at the beginning of our stay.

The pool is a nice size, with a lifeguard there to watch the children. The reps put on something different every day in the pool to keep the children entertained.

There is a SPAR shop rite next to the hotel which is great for the little things you need. There is also a bar in the hotel called the Red Lion bar. This is nice as there is entertainment every night for kids and adults. The hotel itself is in its own resort in a resort! They are all in a little type village of their own which is called club believue. There are a few restaurants shops and bars and also a boat to the beach which is only 2 euros.

Outside this village is the believue strip. This is a long strip of bars restaurants and souvenir shops. This is great for every one of all ages. The only bad thing with this was that there were mostly English restaurants and English bars although there were a few Italians and a couple tapas bars. You would need to go to the port to get more traditional food which is only 5euros in a taxi.

Overall we had a brilliant time and would definitely recommend it to anyone and everyone!

Excellent Family Holiday by Tony69

Excellent family holiday - kids 10,8,4 loved it

Good for our baby too (8 months)

Good location (quiet but close to a number of good restaurants etc)

Rooms large clean and airconditioned (in all rooms)- cleaned 5 times per week. Everything was good value at the complex - Red Lion - excellent food, very cheap and great staff.

Thomas Cook entertainers excellent all day and every night. (David ,Jodi,Jenny and Ami)

There is the old town (7euros in Taxi - worth a look) or the Port (we did not go)

Everything that we needed was close at hand (Luna's do great steaks and tribute entertainers Take That, Abba, Queen etc) for a great relaxing family holiday (kids loved it!)

Would return

After reading many reviews on this... by K Smith

After reading many reviews on this resort, I was pleasantly surprised to see that not one comment (of over 40 I read) gave this hotel less than 9 out of 10. I have to admit they weren't wrong.

The hotel itself is fantastic. The rooms are clean, as are the pool and facilities around the hotel. I was a bit concerned like others about the studio room for 4 of us but it is very spacious as far as most studio rooms go and we found it more than enough room for all of us.

The entertainment was fantastic and the team work very hard to keep everyone amused throughout the holiday.

I could go on forever but, in a nut shell, if you have kids this resort is one of the best you will come across. We holiday 3-4 times a year and would definitely say this is the best so far.

Just got back from our weeks stay at... by  H Rowley

Just got back from our weeks stay at Siesta and we had a great time. There’s was me my hubby and our two boys aged 10 and 8 and we all enjoyed ourselves.

There was loads for the kids to do with entertainment for them day and night. The food in the red lion was cheap and nice when you got served that is.

At the beginning of our stay the waiters were straight there, then towards the end they didn’t seem to bother.

The rooms were nice and cleaned everyday apart from a Thursday and have everything for self catering but we ate out all the time so never used nothing.

All the staff were very friendly in reception and the Red Lion bar!

The beach is lovely one of the best we’ve seen and we’ve visited some places over the years. Alcudia itself is a lovely resort but is more for couples and families, you make it how you want there is lively clubs for people who like to party but there is also a lot for people who just like to chill out!

We would definitely return to these apartments as they have everything you need for a good holiday, there is also a supermarket under the apartments.

We only had 1 complaint which was we arrived on the Sunday morning but had to vacate our rooms at 12 the following Saturday, so we only actually got 6 nights and not 7 because we didn’t leave till 3am on the Sunday. So you had to try and catch some sleep on the sofas in the reception area, which was hard with other guest arriving all night and is not fair when you have young children, but apart from that we all had a great time!

From the very start we were impressed... by Brendan Flynn

From the very start we were impressed by the Siesta apartments, lovely and clean, with air-con (and did we need it).

I have only one complaint and that is the local restaurant The Red Lion, the service is a joke, you could be left waiting for 15-20 mins to get served (sit inside if you want to avoid this) we got up and left on more than one occasion due to this.

Everything else was perfect the pool was just lovely on those very warm days and very clean as well. A place I will return to I’m sure.

« 16 7 8 9 »
Stayed at Siesta 1 Apartments? Share your insight.

Map for Siesta 1 Apartments Closest airport: Palma de Mallorca (PMI) 27.8 miles
Siesta 1 Apartments photos (10 traveller photos)