Don Paco Castilla Apartments

Stayed at Don Paco Castilla Apartments?

Share your opinion and write a review

Good

Food: 6/10
Value: 7.5/10
Cleanliness: 7.5/10
Location: 7.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Don Paco Castilla Apartments

Enter your dates:

« 1 2 3 4 510 »
Lovely holiday - honest review by

We are a young couple of early twenties and hopefully this review will come in handy, Before we went I was really worried from the reviews espicially the food but it was fantastic, obviously not a 5* holiday but itsnt advertised as that.

Admittedly the outside looked pretty bad but dont let that put you off. The staff are all very helpful and let us have all inclusive during the whole stay without a cut off time on the last day, there english is fine and they will bend over backwards for you.

The rooms and complex were fantastic, very clean and loads of room. The location couldnt have been nicer, 5minutes to the beach with a few shops and restraunts so nice and quiet and only 8euros or a 45minute walk down the beach to lively peuto del carmen.

The food was fine, plenty of choice for everyone, every night you had either fish, chicken, beef or pork usually differently cooked every night, tons of chips and pasta and a massive salad bar. dessert was a bit rubbish usually just tons of sorbet, angel delight or ice cream but we wernt fussed as we dont usually have dessert anyway.

The bar was brillient, loads to choose from in all inclusive, I expected just beer and wine but also offer cocktails and spirits,house baileys, coke, fanta etc etc, you can only get two at a time per person but they will be leanant some nights, plastic cups until evening.

Loads for kids which was good for us as they went off in the day with kids club for a bit of peace! also, a mini disco at night for them to go into so you hardely saw them but good for families to keep them well entertained.

All in all for what we paid it was more than enough, would deffinatly recommend to anyone.

• Holiday details: Sep 2009, All Inclusive, booked with on the beach

I don't recommend All Inclusive here by chris1234

Just back after spending 2 weeks here with our 2 teenagers. Rooms and complex were very clean, but the meals left a lot to be desired and we ended up eating out a couple of times.

You can't get drinks on All Inclusive after 11pm, and to buy a vodka and tonic is about 6 euros!!

The beach is very close by, and there are a few good eating and drinking establishments within walking distance.

Entertainment isn't up to much either, only 6 nights a week and often repeated more than once a week. The only show that I can recommend is the one by the Animation Team, they were really good, but we only saw that show once during our 2 week stay so guess they only do that once a fortnight.

I would stay here again, but on a self catering basis only.

I can highly recommend the Catalanza sailing, which includes a ride on a jetski.....we all loved that.

• Holiday details: Aug 2009, All Inclusive, Booked Independently

Go Self Catering by mangotsfield, Bristol

As the title suggests, the all inclusive was ok for a few days then became very samey with much recycled food especially the fish chicken and pork. You always had to queue for drinks in a plastic cup from limited staff, the ponton bar was renamed the smiley smiley bar by my kids as the bar persons were so miserable. However the rooms and pools were immaculate and the air conditioning was spot on.

Excursions were expensive, we hired a car and did the volcanos, camel riding, national park and the south coast resorts for a fraction of the price, the cheapest car hire was the place next to macdonalds, the hotel car hire was expensive. We went to Teguise market by local bus which was cheap as chips and went from the same place as the excursions. Bar wise go to a little irish bar called fiddlers green, happy hour beer at 1.5 euros and a little scottish bar was 2 euros at peak times, otherwise 3-3.5 euros a large one.

Most food outside the hotel was really good, be carefull changing up money, we took sterling and changed at the asian shops,(the hotel and bank rates were rubbish) and were getting at least 1.15 euros to the pound, but check your change before you leave and ask what the rate is as it does vary.

• Holiday details: Aug 2009, All Inclusive, booked with Thomas Cook
  • Advice: good steak houses in puerto del carmen

basic by smurg

good points -very clean roomy apartment, maid service 4 times over a week.4 swimming pools kept immaculate.no charge for air con. food ok if you're kids not picky or eat burgers, hot dogs chips etc.

not impressed wi all inclusive, got impression food was recycled from previous sittings and bar service was poor- i staff whilst queuing in single file for a chldrens plastic party cup of beer/lager.

evening entertainment and bar finished at 11pm- a bit early for hols.and gate locked if outside of the complex after 11pm.

would recommend for families but go self catering.

• Holiday details: Jul 2009, All Inclusive, booked with sunmaster

good holiday by penzie

Just returned from Don Paco, after reading reviews a little aprehensive, however we had a good holiday here. The location of the hotel is excellent with numerous pubs,clubs restaurants,shops within walking distance or a short taxi ride (approx 5 euros) if you so wish, however the resort of Pocillios has ample restaurants which are more typically spanish. The walk along the promanade is a must especially down to the airport where the aircraft land directly overhead. The hotel itself was adequate for a relaxing holiday, having stayed in the peak season we had no problem getting a sun bed however for those of you who are not sunbathers the shaded areas are limited. The pool areas were spacious and all cleaned daily (very thoroughly)each one having a small childrens pool attached. (note the German/dutch pool was tiled and became very slippy with wet/suncreamed feet.)All inclusive was adequate. Drinks and snacks available for the majority of the day and cakes at 4 o,clock didnt go straight away there were ample for everyone. If you could fit them in, we couldn,t!!! The entertainment was ok however the disco califa was located downstairs with no ventilation and became unbearable in the evenings when the temperature didnt drop much below 30 degrees. If you enjoy venturing out for the day and hire a car it is worth noting the hotel do not offer a packed lunch which results in extra costs if you require lunch. The downsides to this hotel are - Very hot restaurant, queues for drinks at all inclusive bar and some rooms nicer than others. otherwise no complaints

• Holiday details: Jul 2009, All Inclusive, Booked Independently
  • Advice: lively resort
  • Activities: timanfaya tour a must 48 euros for 2 ads 2 children if taken independently

Never Again by Mal - Port Talbot

Nice clean large rooms.Food in restaurant was ok if you like sharing with mice which was seen running around the restaurant.My wife ate the Tuna and she had food poison for the last 4 days of our holidays.Food by the pool was allways cold.The entertainment was rubbish.My wife and myself are glad we only went for a week.

• Holiday details: Jun 2009, All Inclusive, Booked Independently

Good Break! by fella82

I need of a bit of sun and a bargain get away my Fiancee and I booked a late deal here in October 08. We paid under £500 for the whole package via UK Travelshop for the 2 of, so we had no great expectations. We found the apartments to be basic, but exactly what we expected. We stayed for a week and I think the apts were cleaned 3 times, which I find more than acceptable. All we wanted was a clean & comfortable base which is exactly what we got.

Location wise, again what we expected, close to a beach, a fair walk to Puerto Del Carmen, but there are regular buses just outside the complex and taxis don't exactly break the bank. There are also a few bars and restaurants a short walk away, although not a great selection, for more variety and a more lively atmosphere, just head up the road to Puerto Del Carmen.

We didn't eat at the complex but from what I saw I'd steer clear of anything other than room only, but if you want a clean & comfortable apartment (decent balcony too, which is always nice) and are looking for a bargain you can't go wrong here!!

• Holiday details: Oct 2008, Room Only, Booked Independently

Don Paco - April 2009 by Howarth25

Me and my family stayed at Don Paco in April 2009 for 8 days all inclusive. Wouold I stay again, no. Nothing really sinister to say about it just that I would prefer something with more entertainment at night especially as I have an 8 year old. There is some entertainment at night but nothing major, a disco and bingo. This hotel was mainly full of Spanish people who I found to be quite rude. The staff don't really start a conversation with you and all look miserable. The food is ok. If you are going with picky kids though not a good idea as it is mainly rice, pasta and fish. Chips are served every night and pizza was served twice which was really nice. Good selection of salad. All inclusive what does it mean. Well you get all your food 3 times a day plus a snack bar is open in the bar during the day where you can get burgers, pasta, sausages etc found that to be nice. Ice creams are included but not like fancy lollies and ice creams you get little plastic pots. The drinks only include all your soft drinks and lager and bog standard spirits but if you like anything bascially imported you have to pay extra, 3 euro which isn't bad but all mounts up! We did find a cockroache in our apartment one morning plus one dead one behind the sofa bed. The apartments are very bog standard and the decor is in need of a good update. Walls are very thin, we could hear someones phone vibrating in the room above us!! We did the walk into the centre quite a few times takes about 40 minutes or you can get a taxi for around 4 euros. Taxi to the airport costs around 10 euros without a tip. I do like nice things in life but for the price you pay you must think why is it this cheap, you get exactly what you pay for really. I wouldn't stay again would suggest hotels if you want something more up market and cleaner.

• Holiday details: Apr 2009, All Inclusive, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Good island would go again

well . . by ChloeM016

I stayed in this resort with my husband and two daughters and had such a pleasant time! I can say that I only saw one cochroach around the resort the whole time, and even though we were there for the heat wave (49 degrees - 53 degrees c) the many pools surely kept us cool, and the beach was a short 5 minutes away. The food (buffet) was very tasteful and my daughters loved it! There is so much for familys, with entertainment everynight and a disco for children. There is also a kids club and crazy golf course (even though the course was a bit shabby. . .!! Overall 100 % !!

• Holiday details: Aug 2007, Full Board, booked with Thomas Cook
  • Advice: Beautiful =]

Daylight Robbery by janiceampofo

Starting with the good things - It we saw from other reviews it is very clean and only a short walk to the beach.

However I would advise self catering because the food is terrible and even then you will need to remember that if you are on the top floor carrying up the steps could be an ordeal.

The entertainment was rubbish maybe this was because it was early in the year and they were only practicing!!

The sun beds by the pool though there were plenty, were hard and low so you need to purchase a lilo to be able to use them. The beach ones were great but cost 5 euros per day.

The biggest disappointment is the lack of concern over guests belongings and upset.

There was several burgalaries in the week we were there and Reception staff and management were blaise to this. They took no details themselves but told victims to go into town to the Police Station to report it. This cost 10 euros to go there and back in a taxi and then the Police would come and look at the room and write another report. We were told off a local shop owner that there had been several thefts at this hotel previously.

It would therefore have been more considerate for the hotel to at least put a sign up stating there have been severaal thefts please be aware and lock up belogings, but they were not interested.

• Holiday details: Mar 2009, Half Board, Booked Independently
  • Activities: The fire mountains and the coastal scenes

good all rounder by sparton4321

we went to don paco at the end of february the hotel was nice and clean and well presented. the hotel staff was very helpful and always on hand to help you out the food was of an average standard but good for the money we paid there is no way you could go self catering and get three meals a day for the price we paid plus your drinks. the bear you got was the same you got down town and of good quality only thing is in the day it is In plastic glasses. the beach is very nice and a five minute work over all very good holiday

we would definitely go again

• Holiday details: Feb 2009, All Inclusive, Booked Independently
  • Advice: very nice for the pubs and beach
  • Activities: the talent on the beach

Great Place by Hamlyn41

My wife and I have just got back and before we went I looked at reviews of this place and was quite worried about the cockroach stories I had seen in other reviews.

We had an appartment on the left (looking at the bar), ground floor, 2nd from the end by the main bar pool (room 502).

Not a cockroach in sight all week and we had a great time.

Meals are buffet style and the selection of different foods meets most peoples eating preferences. There is a good selection of meats for dinner, plus alternatives, and if you don't want english for brekkie there is continental, cerial and fruit on offer.

We had 2 problems on the first night. 1st was we couldn't get the key to open the door but I Hola'ed a passing maintainence man and he got us in and there was no problem after that. 2nd the patio door latch broke and could not be locked so I called reception at 8pm and he was there to fix it by 10pm and it took him less than 5 minutes.

The only pain in the arse about the appartment was you have to put your key fob in a box on the wall by the door to turn on the electric which is not too good when you are trying to lock the door when you are ps'd and can't see what you are doing. There could be some kind of 1 minute delay when taking the key out of the box so you can see what you are doing.

We had a couple of cold days and nights there so needed to hire the aircon for heating at 18 euros per week which isn't bad and the tv if you want to hire it only has 3 english channels 1 of which is movies4men, but who goes to a spain to watch UK tv? (we got to watch CSI though (how sad are we? lol).

It's not good for selfcatering with a family because there is only a double hob and no cooker but for a couple you could manage I guess.

All the staff are very friendly and helpful.

We will definately be going again.

• Holiday details: Jan 2009, Half Board, Booked Independently
  • Advice: When we were there they were doing a lot of road works on the coast road but the town itself is grea
  • Activities: Scots corner

« 1 2 3 4 510 »
Stayed at Don Paco Castilla Apartments? Share your insight.

Map for Don Paco Castilla Apartments Closest airport: Lanzarote (ACE) 1.6 miles