Club Caleta Dorada

Food: 6/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Club Caleta Dorada

1 2 315 »
Good and bad.

"Good prices. Same good weather as anyone going 5 star and paying 3 times more. Food pretty good and the main reason for critics on this subject are there is so much variety you never really get hungry. Two young women work hard to entertain families .Great for young children. Bad, compared to Butlins or Haven holidays .Poor entertainment .Only one restaurant open while we were their but they did cope.Flew with Raynoir but be aware ,after adding their excessive luggage charges they are no cheaper than other airlines and do not sell duty free cigs on the plain.Loads of sun beds but at least half should be thrown away as they are broken.We did get 3 cockroaches in our bedrooms even though we did not leave windows or doors open.

Tips .Be aware they tell you you can have photos with parrots and animals but do not tell you until after, there is a charge of 10 Euros per photo and they usually take 2.We hired beach towels at 5 Euros each for 2 weeks plus a deposit of 10 Euros each ,after which we found we could have bought them at the local supermarket new for 5 Euros each and most people just used the bath towels from their rooms.The safe was expensive at 40 Euros for two weeks with 5 Euros deposit. Buy some insect repellent wipes from pound land and block under the back door.Buy all sun tan oils and after sun as these are expensive over their.Nappies and swim nappies are also expensive.The only cheap things are Cigs and copy watches. Cigs 26 Euros for 200.Copy watches can be negotiated down to 15 Euros. We went all inclusive ,but remember when you check out ,before 12 noon, they take off your all inclusive band so regardless how long you have to wait ,no free food or drinks.You sometimes have to wait at the bar for a drink which is served in small plastic beakers. We went with on the Beach and it was a pain having to get return tickets by having to find an internet cafe with a printer half way through the holiday.

• Holiday details: Jun 2014, booked with on the beach
  • Advice: Market 10 mins walk from compex.
by Joe D

you get what you pay for

"Just come back from caleta dorada in cala fuste, same as one in lanzarote

blue sea chain.food ok drink ok for A/I.10 mins walk down into town but zanzibar good pub just above the complex.

John

Liverpool.

• Holiday details: Feb 2014, Booked Independently
  • Advice: find the cave bar in town pint and cider 3 euros till 9-30 pm
by john liverpool

Don't bother

"This place is really needing sorted - staff are trained liars - they can do nothing - ever!! Also ants, falling apart furniture, rooms smell very stale, you have to HIRE BASICS (toaster, Kettle never mind pay for tv - no air con - but you can HIRE a fan). As we arrived, a female guest who had just arrived came into reception demanding her room be fumigated beofre they wnet in to it - having failed to get another romm - they had just arrived and in 1 room they FILLED a dustpan with dead and live cochraoches - god I was almost sick!! Luckily we just had constant ant infestations. I have never seen so many drunks in a holiday accommodation before - many who just let thir kids do anything - kids swearing, running about, you need to get up at 2am to get a sun bed. Drunk young adults in the pools etc. We were self catering - thank god!! People just queued all the time - many all inclusive guests complained about this but 2 staff to serve hundreds of people - do the sums - it doesn't add up - queues were for FOOD and DRINK also some daft rules about only 1 toastie at a time - so you queue 20 minutes for this and then re-join the quueue or take someone with you if you need more than 1 - oh and the burgers during the day or not on the all inclusive either. Heard people moaning about the food."

• Holiday details: Jul 2013, booked with On the Beach - they are atrocious
  • Advice: go somewhere else - seriously!!
by liz easton

The Worst Hotel Ever

"Please find below the letter a wrote to the Hotel Manager, and forwarded on to my holiday company. It resulted in MORE cockroaches, and not being moved. And also, on my last night my sister cought the night Porter spying on me as I slept, watching me through the bedroom window, peeping through the curtain.

Dear Onthebeach, I´ve been advised by my hotel to send my concerns to you. I´m currently on my holiday - which I bookeed with you, and I´m just going to show the email I have writen to the hotel manager. This is so upsetting, and I wish you to transfer us to another hotel and no extra charge. You should not be sending people to this hotel. Dear Manager, I regret to inform you of the horrible experience I am currently having at your hotel caleta dorada. Me and my sister arrived on the 19/09/12 up until yesterday 22/09/12 we had no problems. At approximately 7pm yesterday(22nd September) the sprinklers were on and we could hear explosions outside coming from this hole in the ground by our apartment. Smoke then soon began emerging from this hole where the electrics must have been, as with each explosion our lights started to flicker. My sister Rebecca went to reception straight away to report this matter. In return the receptionist said she would send a maintenance man to check. He came and checked, and told us everything was ok. Within minutes after he left the cooker(hob) light which was switched OFF also began to flicker on and off every time we heard these expositions from outside. My sister Rebecca Seal then touched the cooker, as were preparing our evening meal, received and high voltage electric shock up her left arm causing her to fall to the floor with pain and cry. She was in a state of shock and terrified. I immediately went to reception and informed the receptionist and she sent the maintenance man AGAIN. He looked and said everything was fine although the lights were still flickering. He then left saying it was safe (although we are self catering and HAVE to use the cooker to feed ourselves.) At this point we was too scared to touch any of the electricals especially the cooker in apartment 11A. We informed the reception of our worries and the lady told me not to touch anything. This is entirely unacceptable as we have to eat and sleep in this apartment. My sister Rebecca was so upset with this response she herself went to reception and explained how she had received an electric shock and we need to eat, so how can we cook? We asked to moved to another room, in which the lady had told her would not be possible tonight, and gave us a food pass for the evening. I was so upset we had to stay in this death trap apartment, I felt your hotel did not respond sympathetically to our concerns and unfortunate circumstances. I then filmed the cooker on my I- phone proving to the reception the lights flickering on and off when it was off, and that it was NOT safe to stay in this apartment for the night. I showed my video footage to your receptionist. Then to my astonishment she emphasised the fact that we are lying, and said the footage showed her nothing!!!! It is now approx 9pm hungry, tired and distraught by all this. We went to dinner, which I must express was a very bad quality of food. As we were walking back to our death trap apartment we was approached by your maintenance man, who kindly said we had told we had a new apartment 77C ready and waiting for us. The relief that we was not staying at 11A apartment was great and we happily moved our stuff. Then to my horror a cockroach emerged from under the kitchen units.... and the ANOTHER. I have a server phobia of these insects. I immediately had a panic attack and was in distress. In a state of panic I ran to reception and cried to the woman at reception, explaining to her the cockroach infestation, her response was "they wont hurt you - they just come and go". And for the last time the maintenance guy came and sprayed our room with insect spray, he could see how upset I was and left the spray with us. For the whole night me and my sister unable to sleep knowing we are living with these disgusting creatures. To finish the horrific night off we had ants crawling over the bed, the sheets and the walls. We had to then spray our bedroom with insect spray and move the beds away from the walls. In my 20 years of holidays I have NEVER encountered a complex which is so dirty. You have serious problems here. My whole holiday has been ruined by these events and I now feel I am not on holiday relaxing as I should be I am counting down the days to leave. This should not be the case as a customer you should ensure we are safe and enjoying our stay with you. However I feel as though my safety is at high jeopardy in this apartment. Yours sincerely, I very upset customer, CAN YOU PLEASE MOVE US ASAP.

• Holiday details: Sep 2012, booked with On The Beach
  • Advice: Don't do it!!!!!!!
by Rebecca S

VERY DISAPPOINTED

"Stayed at the Caleta Dorada in November 2011 for 1 week. We booked a last minute break which was cheap so didn't have high expectations. On arrival we were pleasantly surprised by the bungalow style accommodation which looked pretty and had unspoilt views of the sea and town centre. The accommodation interior is a bit basic and tired but didn't really expect more for the price. Set off to get some supplies for the next few days and retuned home for an early night. We woke to find that someone had entered the apartment via the patio doors and had stolen all our money. We reported this to reception who advised we must report this to the local police ourselves at the Police Station a 15 minute taxi journey away. After repeating that our money had been stolen they reluctantly gave us a voucher for breakfast and evening meal. To be fair we would have enjoyed this bargain break if we had some money to spend. The breakfast was quite enjoyable but the evening meal left a lot to be desired. It's sad as this looked like it had been a nice resort at one time but it is quite run down and in need of a makeover."

• Holiday details: Nov 2011, Booked Independently
by Alison B

Not what the hotel say's!

"We have just come back from a week at this hotel and have been left very disapointed. On the hotel web site it states that it has the following; Jacuzzi/Sauna/whirlpool. Childrens playground. A mediteranean, chinese restaurant and a pizzeria, oh and pool side bars with nightclub on site....it did have BUT NOT NOW! Half of this hotel is clossed down and run down. The appartments are all very dated with old and faded decor. All the pool side lounge chairs have seen better days, old broken and battered! The pool was also FREEZING even for the hardy swimmer. Mini train gave the impression was a free service to beach..not so. Thomas Cook and Thompson holidays used to be part of this hotel but pulled out because of all the breakings. This hotel (3yrs ago) would of been great but sadly not now. It only realy makes a 2 star hotel. Very sad. My husband also said the so called gymnasium was a embarrasement, if you wanted to use it you had to ask for the electric to be turned on. And there was little or no equipment. The mini golf was also a joke as you had to pay 5 euros to play on a bomb sight. For the same money you can play on a fantastic golf course nr the beach. I am no snob but I expect to get what I pay for. Oh and by the way the food was rubbish."

• Holiday details: Mar 2012, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Dont expect what it says in the brochure.
by ellena

Good holiday

"Just come back from 5 days at Club Caleta Dorada. The weather was glorious which is always a help. The accommodation was clean and the kitchen included a microwave and toaster. Reception was efficient and helpful. The complex is big and we stayed in Block A. The food was OK -Breakfast was everything from continental, to full english, (though the bacon left a bit to be desired), pancakes, fresh fruit, bread etc etc. I am not a fussy eater and in the evenings there was always a choice of meat, fish, pasta, chips, potatoes, veg, salad. Wine (an acquired taste), beer, soft drinks, coffee tea etc was readily available. The bar snacks were always a toastie, or hot dog or sandwich and hot and cold drinks were readily available, as was fresh fruit on the bar.The children's entertainment crew worked hard trying to pursuade adults and children to join in. The measures at the bar were more than generous and never much of a queue. As the pool bar was the only one open, it got a bit cold sitting in the evenining watching the entertainment. Clever people brought their blankets from the rooms to wrap around themselves. The complex was less than half full which made it easy in the restaurant and around the pool. I would not like to go there in the height of the season. I had two complaints:-

I asked for a room with a view, and the only view we got was of the apartment opposite, but further down the complex there was accommodation that had gorgeous views over the resort.

and

Our apartment was five minutes walk from the bar - which isn't far, but try doing it with two vodka and cokes - when you fancy a drink getting ready to go out in the evening!!!

To walk down to the beach took about 15 mins - plenty of shops, bars etc. Really enjoyed the stay - would go again.

by why ?

Good value for money

"Stayed Dec 2011 with 2 children. Entertainer, reception and bar staff are excellent. Premises and apartments clean and area is good for children. Heard rumours of break in's, but actually couldn't find anyone to verify this information. There are 2 security men that patrol the premises at night and the police have a high presence in the resort as they always have. I have been to this island many times and I have never seen or heard of any crime"

• Holiday details: Dec 2011, All Inclusive, Booked Independently
by Charlie

dreadfull;

"we stayed ther oct 2010 the worst 2 weeks ever, we were broken into the 2nd day, they then changed the lock, not happy at all we were 3 adults and 2 children , my grandchildren never had much food in the resturant ie cafe, cooked tomatoes hell i opend one to find worms inside it, i am glad first choice have pull out of there,

our rooms had cockroaches walking over the floor we told the staff, came with a spray ect that was it, bath was all rusty with a small hole in it, towls were dirty,

the pools had broken tiles my grandson cut himself on it,

awfull awfull place should be pulled down and a much better cleaner complex built there, in the evening you can not get a cup of coffee any where and the snacks hotdogs burgers toasties chips, thats it and almost cold.

wort place ever, if you have booked get a transfer to some where else, its a complex from hell,

• Holiday details: Oct 2010, All Inclusive, booked with First Choice
  • Advice: none dont go
by 1968

very understaffed with most parts of the hotal closed down

"We have just returned after a 10 nights stay. After reading the reviwes on the brake ins we were very nerves about what to expect.

The hotel inself would have been brilliant had most of it not been closed down. There was 3 pools all with a bar attached yet only the main pool bar was open. There were 3 restaurants again only one was open :( T

The main pool with the water slides was great, esp with the water fountains for the little once but unless you were up very early you couldnt get a sunbed. People tended to put towels down even when not using the pool.

The bar got really busy especially as there was only 1 bar man on. As someone has already said, there was a 2 drinks rule. There was 3 of us and i refused to que back up so we could all get a drink....they did give me the drinks in the end.

The evening entertainment was good on an evening but there wasnt anything going on for the younger children through out the day.

The food was ok, not really much for children, my boy is 2 and lived mostly on beans !!!!

The apartments were brilliant, with kitchen front and back terreace which was very handy to have if you have children. The beds were very uncomfortable though and no air con made it hard to sleep.

The hotel has a lot of potential and despite some of the things iv mentioned we had a great holiday. We wont how ever be going back.

• Holiday details: Jul 2011, All Inclusive, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Open up all the bars and restaurants and employ more staff
by EmOliWayne

Honest Review July 2011

"We have just returned from a week here 1/7 - 8/7.

To put you in the picture, we have been comming to fuerte for 10 years and have mostly stayed all inclusive in Corralejo. We decided to come to a different part of the beautiful island and decided on club caleta dorada. WE read the reviews good and bad, we decided to book as like I say we have done all inclusive and were very open minded. Oh dear. On arrival the man on reception (who spoke very bad english) was unhelpful and seemed to hate his job! We got given a map to our apartment and found it fairly easy. The complex is huge!! some parts of it quite overgrown with weeds. The apartment was clean and tidy very simple but we expected this. The main pool with the kids waterpark was ok, it gets very busy so you need to reserve your sunbeds early, by approx 10.30am there are none left!

The good points:

The pool was great for the kids, they loved the waterpark bit.

The entertainment, Stan and Kirsty were great, the kids loved them and they tried to involve everybody! Stan seemed to remember everyones names. They certainly worked hard!

Now the bad points:

The all inclusive snacks....hotdogs, cheese tosties or cold sandwiches between 10.30 and 1pm. Cheese Tosties or cold sandwiches only 3pm until 6pm then nothing after that!! Very poor.

The bar, only one bar open by the main pool which was stafed with only 1 person for the first few days. The cue's were crazy and there was a 2 drink limit. Crazy when we have 3 young kids who were made to join a long q for a drink. This caused alot of complaints among guests. The spanish barman was very rude and was even seen shouting at kids on occasions for having wet shorts on! The drinks were served in small plastic cups. Very poor!

The "restaurant" was simple as expected for all inclusive, however the food was terrible. My husband didnt eat there for 3 days of our holiday after been put off by random seemingly bits of sticky substances on the breads, the sausages contained huge bits of gristle and other horriblelooking things, the chips were almost uncooked. Again q's at every searving and rude staff!

Usually we are sorry to leave the island, but after this holiday we were happy to return home! I would NOT reccomend this complex if you want a stress free, relaxing time with basic good food!

• Holiday details: Jul 2011, All Inclusive, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Dont eat or drink there!!
by aanix99

Terrible!!

"I paid over the odds for the holiday as I booked with my partner to meet my parents at the hotel. They had booked for two weeks and we had booked for one. My parents had visited three months before and loved everything about the place so decided to go back.

The first night we arrived we loved the place it was night time so we went and sat in the bar area with my family and had an early night, the reception staff was really friendly.

The next morning we got up early and found ants had actually infested the apartment and all outside. We went down for breakfast and it didnt seem that bad. As the days went on the holiday got worse, we went on a trip to the water park and it consisted of 5 slides for adults and on the 45minute coach trip we had nothing to look at but brick floor and derelict buildings with graffiti.

We met some lovely people whilst there which had the same reviews as us, one couple had their money and jewellery stolen by the cleaners, the lady at reception didnt know what to do and said that the police dont deal with petty hotel theifs.

The breakfast that had seemed ok at first ended up being the same for the whole week as did the lunch, tea and snacks. We couldnt use the Chinese because we didnt book directly through Thompson but we still booked to be on their flights and stay in their accomodation, my mother had to pay for my little three year old sister to join in the kids club.

The maintenance of the complex was completely terrible, tiles are missing out of the pool, a few people slipped over on the steps near the chilrens pool including my younger sister.

The staff wasnt friendly at all, the que for drinks was huge because one man refused help from any of the reps.

I understand that everyone has different standards of an holiday, I usually always go 3* but never again, this holiday has completely put me off I would rather pay abit more and get a good standard.

• Holiday details: Sep 2010, All Inclusive, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Never go!!!
by .

1 2 315 »

Map for Club Caleta Dorada Closest airport: Fuerteventura (FUE) 3.9 miles

Club Caleta Dorada photos (10 traveller photos)
Top traveller tips for Club Caleta Dorada
  • by kamz17

" Oasis animal park a definite must see. "

• by lperrott2

" Make sure you visit Jandis, its about an hours drive, the beaches are out of this world!! "

• by janettte

" Beach is great for kids "

• by neoshelley

" no good for diving or snorkelling "

• by a fellow traveller

" Good Family resort. "

• by Alison Brooks

" Ask for a bungalow in Block C closest to the main pool area. "