Louis Colossos Beach Hotel

Stayed at Louis Colossos Beach Hotel?

Share your opinion and write a review

Good

Room: 6.5/10
Service: 8.5/10
Value: 7.5/10
Location: 8.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Louis Colossos Beach Hotel

Enter your dates:

« 1 2 3 4 5 »
Just arrived back from two week... by Courage

Just arrived back from two week family holiday at Louis Colossos Beach.

Had booked two family rooms and was so disappointed as we had a travel cot two single beds pushed together and a put up bed leaving no room to move about so we had to keep putting fold up bed away each morning to prevent my toddler from falling over.

No facilities in room to heat bottles so they provided a kettle which was quite dangerous when getting bottle out.

Children’s club was a disgrace. Carpet was coming away off staging and the top was only secure by three rows of thin rope. The kid’s club rep just basically sat in the corner and left the children to their own devices, there was not much interaction with. The toys and games in the kids club needed updating as they only seemed fit for a jumble sale.

There was no conversation with the staff at the restaurants and bars, even when we said thank you for taking our plates away you didn't even get a 'you’re welcome', found this extremely strange.

On our side of the hotel there was only three lifts and sometimes I had to wait up to ten minutes as people would not let you go in even with a pushchair.

While we were there a group of students from Austria were booked into the hotel and quite a few were put on our floor and were very load. When I complained about the noise as I was told they couldn't be moved as the hotel was full, but I did recommend that they should not have been put next to a 'family room' in the first place.

Overall severely disappointed with attention to detail and would personally only rate this as a two/three star as a family hotel as it definitely doesn't cater for families.

This was the worst holiday in 20... by T Quirke

This was the worst holiday in 20 years of going abroad. The resort was poor; the hotel was old and much too large.

Our family room in the old block was very basic although regularly cleaned and bed linen etc was changed regularly.

The Children’s club was poor with little if any planned activities. My 10year old went only once or twice. The entertainment as it was called was appalling, very amateur, and poor standard.

We went to other hotels in an attempt to find some real entertainment. If you want a bed anywhere by the pools, I should go at midnight and even then, the Germans may have beaten you to it.

The food was reasonable but very repetitive and because of the size of the hotel, you sometimes had to wait for a table and often, plates, cutlery etc was in short supply.

I paid £3500 for this family holiday. After one week we were ready to come home. Good luck to those who enjoy it. Not a family hotel in our view and not for us.

Booked doreto hotel in tholos but... by Wjc O Connor

Booked doreto hotel in tholos but lucky tour rep upgraded us!

Had my doubts about dorato and I was right.

Being a single parent (me and my lovely daughter) wanted a quite but enough to do hols.

Weather was fine, could get a sun bed, access to amenities was good. Bus every 15 minutes Rhodes or Lindos way was el cheapo!

Staff very helpful and lots of staff about, food good choice and plentiful. Was going to book another Louiss hotel but feel a pull back here!

So booking for next summer. Kids club is brilliant and the guy who runs the gym is mad as toast.

You must book here you wont regret it.

Arrived at the hotel very tired, but... by IM Brisland

Arrived at the hotel very tired, but not too bad after being the 3rd drop off of the night. Our room was in the older part of the hotel which I wasn’t best pleased as it looked a bit 70's esque, but woke up the next morning and it wasn’t so bad.

We were given a sea view which in the corner where our hotel was I think we had the best view ever! The sky was a beautiful blue and so was the sea, just like out of a brochure.

The hotel was extremely clean, our rooms were cleaned religiously every day and all the staff at the hotel were really friendly and polite. This was the start of a great holiday!

The beach is a stone throw away and there is a glass bottom boat run by an eastern European/Russian guy and his Greek wife. Whatever you do, do go on this boat, they are a really friendly couple and advertise it as a 1 hour ride.

What you do get is more like nearly 3 hours of great entertainment seeing the beautiful clean sea and a snorkelling trip deep into a beautiful cave out by the sea. This was exception at 10 euros each! We wanted to go on it again... but ran out of time sadly. I urge anyone to go on this.

The food in the hotel was awesome, I found an Ice Tea machine that no one else used and it was heaven, the full English breakfast was out of this world. The selection and variation of meals was also exceptional.

There is a extremely reasonable jewellery shop at the bottom of the hotel which has some very nice things at remarkable prices. You will be surprised how far the euro appears to go!

The animation team on an evening were superb. so very funny and put their hearts and souls into the performances, in particular the lady who presents it who was up at 9am every morning building sets and was there till 11pm at night when they closed.

She spoke at least 5 different languages and engaged with the crowds and was professional at all times even when being attacked by uncontrolled German kids who had canes!

Ah yes the Germans, I really had no problems with them, they kept themselves to themselves and enjoyed their holiday, albeit a bit too much. They let their kids get away with murder, which was embarrassing at times!

But the English when they arrived at the start of their summer holiday where much worse with their embarrassingly loud attitudes and "music" blasting out of their portable stereos.

Do make sure you get up early to reserve your sun beds which can be a pain in the rear at times… we began to realise people where reserving them before going to bed very late.

Only downside was the single beds and having to book extra time in the room until the pickup came but that is down to Thomson who should have arranged us to have the room until pickup.

My partner and I are 25 and 20 respectively, we both work very hard through the year and wanted a very quiet holiday to relax and be looked after, and despite the fact we are a young couple. We got that and had an amazing time.

We paid in total around 1100 for the holiday which was for a 4* hotel all inclusive and would recommend it to anyone, we would like to possibly return next year :)

A 10/10 from Ian and Nat, our first holiday together and a very happy and memorable one!

Hotel large very clean. Food was... by joanmc

Hotel large very clean. Food was good. Staff very friendly. On the beach but sand very course so you will need flip flops on.

Location a bit to quiet. The brochure said 20min walk to Faliraki. It was 40min and that is walking fast.

The entertainment was rubbish a real let down. We went in May so it might get better in July and August. It was across the road from the water park.

Apart from the entertainment a good hotel.

Have just returned from 2 weeks at... by N Davies

Have just returned from 2 weeks at Louis Colossos beach hotel and would make the following observations:

1) Hotel staff on the whole were very very friendly and nothing seemed too much trouble for them.

2) The hotel itself was very comfortable, although it was not the cleanest hotel I have stayed in.

3) The food was of a very high standard - was plentiful - and the variety and choice each day was exceptional.

4) Location of the hotel was good, with Faliraki being far enough away from the noise at night and close enough for a walk to the shops during the day (about 20 mins if that’s what you want and Rhodes town only about 15 mins away in a taxi

5) Our rep (Ben) was cheerful and always willing to assist in any way he can although he is very new to the resort (had only been in post for 2 weeks before we got there)

On the Down side;

1) The hotel has 3 lifts from the reception up to the 8 floors and each lift hols only 6 people - we went with my parents and my mother is in a wheel chair and at peak times she had to wait at one stage for 25 minutes to get a lift to the first floor room. People were using the lifts to go up 1 floor when they were more than capable of using the stairs

2) Germans!! - I am not normally one to jump on the bandwagon but the Germans at this hotel were in plentiful supply and with the exception of about a handful that we met, were rude and obnoxious - they don’t know how to queue like the rest of the guests at the hotel!!

3) The gym - don’t bother taking your gym kit - it was rubbish with dated equipment which did not work and was only open from 2pm until 8pm each day - when the weather was at its hottest

4) Trying to get a sunbed near the pool - the beach towel brigade are out really early!!

On the whole an excellent hotel - excellent food - excellent value for money.

I love this place! I stayed here... by L Beddoes

I love this place! I stayed here twice last year and just had to return again this year and nothing had changed, it's still amazing!

I was treated like Royalty, all the staff that were there last year were so pleased to see me, they shook my hand, or hugged and kissed me, it was genuine pleasure in their voices and their attitude to me.

I had a large display of dried and fresh fruit and nuts, wrapped in cellophane and tied with ribbon along with a bottle of wine delivered to my room with complements from the management, as I was a returning guest.

The animation team were different this year, some of them are new to the job and are still learning, but I found them extremely friendly and very eager to please.

Food again was brilliant, the choice and quality is second to none!

The cleanliness of the hotel is excellent; the room was beautiful with an amazing view! My praise goes out to the staff on reception, which always did everything they could to make you feel extremely welcome; as they are front of house this is very important!

I could go on and on about this hotel, but you won’t find any negative comments from me, I believe in 'speak as you find' and this is my honest opinion of Louis Colossos Beach Hotel and all its staff!

Very good hotel. Staff were very... by JD Driscoll

Very good hotel. Staff were very efficient and friendly. Food was excellent. The barbeque by the beach was very nice.

The hotel has two parts of the hotel the old part needs upgrading but is still not bad; the new part is very nice so if you’re lucky you will be in this part of the hotel.

The animation team was very new, so they took a while to click together but by the end of the holiday they were very funny.

Overall the hotel was very good for my family, so would advise it for any family holiday.

Just returned from a fantastic two... by  R A Whitehead

Just returned from a fantastic two week stay at the Colossos hotel. This hotel was fabulous it had everything you needed for an all inclusive stay.

The staff were very friendly and always there if you needed them. The hotel is well situated as it’s in the middle of Faliraki and Rhodes town and plenty of taxis outside the hotel and bus stop right outside.

Ideal for children too as they are catered for with an excellent mini club and a children’s buffet at mealtimes. Animation team were very good with children and had a kid’s disco every night before Showtime began.

The first week wasn't so good with the shows but the second week they seemed to get better and it was very enjoyable with them getting audience involved.

Don’t be put off with people saying a lot of foreigners in hotel. Yes there was but what you expect when you go on holiday other people have to enjoy a holiday too. Our second week of holiday a lot more English seemed to come so it made up for first week.

The rooms were okay and very clean and they were cleaned every day including Sunday.

Plenty of bars 2 by the pools and also a beach bar where every other day was a bbq also a Chinese hut by the pool and a snack place which provided pizzas and plenty of ice cream.

I must say this was an excellent holiday and we are thinking of returning either next year or sometime in the future, as we really enjoyed ourselves.

We had a brilliant time at this... by M Latham

We had a brilliant time at this hotel, you can’t fault it at all.

Only reason I give it an 8 is because you have to walk quite a bit to get to decent shops & the entertainment of an evening wasn’t the best, but we still had a good laugh, we as in me 26 my partner 29 and our child who was 4 at the time.

The food is absolute fantastic; the pizzas were really nice at lunch time. Loved the entertainment staff, Pascal & miriamoni was the best! But they were all really nice and friendly.

The barman who works in the bar of an evening is a top lad we had a right laugh with him.

The beach isn’t up to that much cop but we went Faliraki when we wanted the beach. Faliraki is about 40 mins walk or 5 euro in a taxi.

It’s nice in Faliraki for a change of being at the hotel. Anyway we had a brill time and would defo go back there.

It's me again. I did return in... by L Beddoes

It's me again. I did return in September and I will add that I have booked to go again this year!

The food, the cleanliness, the staff were all first class, just like they were in May.

The animation team were loads better. I enjoyed them in May but you could tell that they had more experience when I returned in Sept.

And what's more they all still remembered me by name...in fact one of the members, Matteo, even remembered what dance we had, OK I hear you saying yeah! I am a mother and a grandmother, and a respectable person so all my opinions I find are correct.

The way I see it there is just no pleasing some folk! So all you Louis Colossos Staff... I'll see you soon.

I have just returned from a 2 week... by  E Lyson

I have just returned from a 2 week holiday in this hotel. I travelled with my husband, daughter (9), Mum, Dad & niece (9). We were first given our family rooms which we had booked but didn't like the view so my mum & I went to reception & asked for a move.

The reception staff where lovely, they moved us the next day to sea view rooms on the 7th (top) floor. They were amazing, cleaned every day with fresh towels. I have read comments in the previous reviews and I feel like we have been on a different holiday. It was our first visit to Rhodes and we would definitely return.

The weather was fabulous, the hotel we couldn't fault, the food was great, all the staff were friendly, the entertainment team were amazing. We could speak to the mangers daily they were always about. My daughter who is nine has been on many holidays abroad, sometimes twice a year & she said it was one of the best hotels and definitely the best animation team.

In my opinion the hotel was a 4 star as the brochure said, because remember this is Greece not Spain, it had 5 lifts not 2 as another review said and of course you had plastic cups outside, how else could you guarantee no accidents with the glasses, because unfortunately there are people on holiday who have no respect for others and just leave their empties lying about!

Glasses were available in the restaurant and the inside bars. You could help yourself to anything food or drink all day & none of our party had to buy a thing outside the hotel to eat! As for sun bed saving my husband has always got up early to do this whether we've been in Spain Majorca Cyprus Malta or anywhere and it is not a new thing, 10 years ago he was doing it. This is not particular to this hotel. My advice would be "if you can't beat them join them!"

There were a lot of foreign guests but lets remember we are all foreign on holiday in another country and they have all paid good money to be there so I don't have a problem. If people want all British guests in the hotel maybe they should stay in Blackpool! Although in my experience the more British the more rowdy & drunken behaviour.

Overall we had a first class holiday and can't fault a thing, we enjoyed every minute!

« 1 2 3 4 5 »
Stayed at Louis Colossos Beach Hotel? Share your insight.

Map for Louis Colossos Beach Hotel Closest airport: Rhodes Diagoras (RHO) 7.9 miles