Jaime I Hotel

Food: 6.5/10
Location: 7.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Jaime I Hotel

1 2 37 »
Waste of Money and cochroach ridden

"Me and my partner have just returned from a 7 day stay and I am not sure were to start in regards in this hotel but here goes:

On arrivel i politely asked the receptionists if our request for a double room in the quiter part of the hotel had been granted (Please note I am 6 months pregnant). To her reply was “ I do not understand you “ then she told us our room number and gave us a card which explained meal times ect and then sent us on our way…Charming

Our room was very small and basic, also one thing I had noticed was that one of the buttons had been taken out of the tv, so basically you had to hire the remote control to use it and also their was a table missing off the balcony.

I was quite shocked at the state of the room in all honesty, and with the its location (we where located in the main part of the hotel), our room was opposite the lift and to the rear of our balcony their was a fan that ran constantly making the worst noise.

In regards to this I made my way to reception to complain but the receptionist was just plain rude and said we could not be moved as the hotel was full (this was a lie)

During the night (3.00) I woke up to find cockroaches’ in the bathroom . So again I made my way to reception to complain, and 5 minutes later the security guard came up to the room and started spraying cockroach spray in the bathroom and in the area we had to sleep.

I asked the man if this was hazerdus as I am pregnant and his response was, it will be ok as long as I left the balcony door open…at this point I was fuming and again went to reception to ask to speak to the manager .

The outcome in the end was , we got moved to another room in the next building just for that evening. This room was clean, spacious with a working t.v not like it mattered as there are only two English channels, them both being the news.

The next day (this being our 2nd day) I went to reception to see if we could stay in the tempory room we had been given and after much pleading the manger agreed.

Outcome -

The hotel is rip off , it rained for 5 days of our stay so we could not use the outdoor swimming pool so we had to use the indoor one at 1.50 per hour a day.

Food - Same food everyday and they do not provide any drinks with the meal not even water, so they get away with charging extortionate prices.

Entertainment - don’t know and didn’t care in the end as we spent every evening out of the hotel.

Please note I would not recommend staying at this hotel...

• Holiday details: Oct 2012, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Good Location
by Notahappychappy

WOULD RECOMEND!!

"I have just come back yesterday from my stay and would go again. It is the frist time my friend and i have stayed in a hotel, my mum and antie have stayed in many before but they also enjoyed it.

We booked this holiday then me being me decided to look at the reviews, i thought oh but being there it changed my oppinion.

People have said many different things about this hotel, yeah the outdoor pool had bits init put us off that alittle but not being tight wods we payed to go in the indoor pool and OH MY GOD!!!! it was lovely!!!!. I am very fussy and mean fussy when it comes to food but i tell you what none of us including me went hungry for the whole week we was there. The staff was so helpful and friendly nothing to fault them on, tried there best with english, if you want them to speek english then you should go to Blackpool not Spain what do you expect come on honestly....

The room was fine plenty big enough for me and my friend, the bathroom was fine to, clean towels and room everyday. Yeah you need a remote to watch the telly but you are on your hols why do you need to watch telly you do enough of that at home. Our room got the sun all day everyday so no complaint there.

The hotel is so close to the shops and beach its brill, yeah you might need to catch the bus if you want to go further out on your day trips as we did but still found our-selves looking around the local shops each day.

All in all i had i good holiday only the out door pool to let it down that little, but i can live with that and would recomend this place to others. If you decide to stay here enjoy as I DID!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Holiday details: Oct 2011, Breakfast and evening meal, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Just enjoy your self
by bartle

A hidden jem

"I would highly recommend Jamie 1 The Hotel was excellent far better than 3 Star. The rooms were cleaned every day with fresh towel on request. The staff in the reception, restaurant and bar were really friendly and helpful.

The pool/pool area were perfect no problem with sunbeds there were plenty for everyone.

The food in the restaurant was plentiful and varied to suit all the different nationalities staying in the Hotel.

The Hotel is very close to the shopping area and the beach is a five minute walk away.

Only 1 person in our group stayed for the evening entertainment and she said it was great.

The only improvement we could think of was a fridge and a kettle for those not staying full board

We are really glad we stayed in Jaime 1

by sibs

great hotel

"just had a two week stay at hotel jaime with my family. it is a fantastic hotel. and we are going back again for sure. it was spotlessly clean in all areas. and the food was great, i have very fussy children but there was always plenty of choice. breakfast was delicious, and the staff there were very helpful, especially the cook who fried my eggs for me just the way i liked every day. all staff where very polite. there is entertainment all through the day for adults and children, and kids disco every night followed by a variety of entertainment, flamenco dancers was a favorite for my girls. all of the pools where clean. very good indoor pool.the hotel shop was fantastic. we've already started planning our for our next stay, cant wait to go back... :)"

• Holiday details: Jul 2011, half board, Booked Independently
by tracey

Jaime l is a hostel not hotel

"I spend there with my husband and friends terrible 8 days. Somebody did a mistake because there shouldn't be 3 stars, it is a hostel not a hotel. Swimming pools very dirty, I have never seen sth like there. At night it was impossible to sleep because very noisy guests. Food wasn't so bad but the staff ...very lazy! I have been to many countries and it was the worst "hotel". I don't recommend."

• Holiday details: Jul 2011, 3 dishes, Booked Independently
by kasia22

What a holiday is all about.

"Just returned from second visit/hoils @ Jamie 1.

The first time visited was for the salou soul festival, last September. Jamie 1 was the hosting Hotel for event, so wasnt chosen Hotel for our Holiday. Looked at the reviews before going and!!!!!!!!!o deary me, rude receptionists, unclean, food bad, etc etc...

Well whoever you critics where, i recon you where halucinatiang from sunstoke, dehyration and deluasions of grandure.

The reason for choosing this hotel again through choice, was because of complete opposite.

Friendly helpfull staff, ( with friendly touch even remembered us ).

Spotlessly clean EVERYWHERE. ie pool. rooms reception grounds. All staff take pride in their jobs. The food was fresh, with fish/ chicken cooked whist waiting, wide variety and something for everybody. High proffesional standards.

Looking forward to revisiting again. Hope you guys ignore bad reviews, and see for selfelve, you too then will be reviewing your lovely hoils.

Top Tips:

Top tips, nice friendly local bar 5mins from hotel,Down main street towards beach, Right hand side inbetween jewelery shop and fast food shop. icecreams outside that outside local bar normally bike parked. ( the tobbaconist ,is just round left hand corner). You wont miss the 6 wooden pub seats/tables. Worth a visit. And try out the land train 3 euros each, hours ride and see Salaou, one of the train stops is on same side of tabbco shop, 1 min up on same side of strret, Enjoy x

• Holiday details: Jun 2011, All Inclusive, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Maybe extra sunbeds when busy.
  • Good For: Beach, City Breaks
by Reds

best holiday ever

"just returned back from stopping at jammi 1 salou brillant time hotel very clean the staff was very helpfull and pleasent the food was very good there was plenty to chose from it is a 3 star hotel but i would rate it 5 star only stayed a week but booking for 2 weeks next september i would recomend this hotel to any one close to beach shops and night life to sum it up perfect holiday all round susan west midlands"

• Holiday details: Oct 2010, half board, Booked Independently
  • Advice: loved this place already booking for next year
by westmidlands girls

nightmare

"stayed at jamie 1 october 2010 rooms great food cold and mostly spanish food at that we were all inclusive so thay left you standing at the bar trying to get served entertainment none sorry they played the odd spanish cd mainly spanish holiday makers stay here so the dont like us brits staying the only good thing you will have out of this hotel is the exit you have been warned from a friendly scousers"

• Holiday details: Oct 2010, All Inclusive, Booked Independently
  • Advice: crap
by nightmare

....Read Reviews Carefully!!!

"Just returned from our cut short stay at the Jamie 1..yes it was that bad for us!!....we always have a look at reviews and view them with an open mind....of course everyone wants something different from a holiday... having read the reviews again we felt the need to write our first ever review!!!!..

Yes..if you want to party...dont mind noise at night and in the restaurant then this could be ok for you...but if like us booked on a budget and just expected to sleep in a clean room and eat a meal in peace ..you will get a shock.

The reviews that said this Hotel is for the Spainsh and their standards... is correct...nothing wrong with that and after living in Spain for a few years we had no problem with that we thought....until we experienced the behaviour at the Jamie!!.

This is not just a large hotel..it is massive..more like a low budget holiday camp

The Hotel entrance... was always crowded with people..usually smoking..not a good first look!..and the rest of the public areas didnt scrub up too well either.

Breakfast time

was manic...queing ...pushing ...shoving...children running under foot when hot drinks etc were being carried

Rooms..

OK.. Clean... sheets and towels..

Walls and ceiling thins so every word..chairs moving...toilet flushing...footsteps could be heard from all sides...especially at 2/3am...EVERY NIGHT!! We asked security at 4am to ask for consideration and we think they spoke to the people but it happened again the next night. We understand this is probably normal behaviour!!

Food.. a good variety considering but usually cold...ok there is a microwave but is it wise to reheat?..I was sick..cant confirm it was the hotel food...but strongly suspect it was.

We understand that we holidayed on a budget here...but it was false economy and had to move to another hotel at our own expense as we really couldnt stay in the Jamie any longer...so as to help any other travellers on a budget we had to write this review. We will definatly be reading them more carefully ourselves now!

We are not snobs...the hotel is what it is....if you believe our review and it is still for you then fine...if not we will have saved you a bad experience...wish we had been saved before we travelled!!!

• Holiday details: Oct 2010, Half Board, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Dont Go!
by SueandBri St helens

Crap hotel

"We stopped at the Jaime1 hotel in october 2010 and we were alinclusive, firstly the food there was freezing cold wasn't much choice eigther.

The staff there was ignorant especialy where the English were concerned they wouldn't help you any way especially

when we found out that flights were cancelled from reus they didn't even put a notice up to say the flights were cancelled after they had been told by a few people, they wasn't interested at all.The bar staff would make you wait and wait whilst they served their own at the best of times it took 15 minutes to get a drink.All in all this hotel was a load crap and i would not go back.In the whole time we were there we never once seen them clean the pool. The pool had wasps and flys and god Knows what else was in there.

The only good thing about this hotel is that its a good location for resort center and beach but thats it.

• Holiday details: Oct 2010, All Inclusive, booked with Low cost holidays
  • Advice: Don't go
by paul

best holiday eva

"just returned from salou stayed in the jaime 1 hotel the food was great every thing was clean and the staff was great, lovely night life and friendly people would definetly go again, cant see what all the bad reviews are about its obviously a bunch of snobs that should be in the carribean ....... jim and ellen devon."

• Holiday details: Sep 2010, half board, Booked Independently
  • Advice: yes
by sexysue

What is your problem?

"Last year I wrote a review of this hotel and gave it 10/10! I've come on here today just to see if anything has changed and seen two people give its food bad reviews. Like I said in my last review I take a large group of people from a cross section of society from rich to poor for a great soul music week in Salou. Last year we had 165 this 208 in the hotel all were booked in for food each day. Over that week I ate the food and so did my customers and beleve me if there was a problem I would have been moaned at non-stop! I did not get one complaint about food and I found the food very good being as it's mass produced! I suggest you must live on a diet of Kebabs and Mac C**p if you do not like the 30 or so dishes plus sides on offer! If all you eat is fish and chips and black pudding then go to skeggy!

You can not give a review like that because it is totally an unfair representation of what is actually on offer!

What you probably didnt like was the the foriegn foods and dishes that were available BUT most Russians, Spanish, Germans would turn their nose up to scouse stew?

English are not the only people staying at this hotel so have to cater for all taste, so to conclude I find this hotel to be good enough to stay in! Eat in! Sleep in!

For an adult who just wants a room and food then this hotel is spot on! Its not a family hotel with bucket loads of activities for kids but does have things for them to do!

• Holiday details: Sep 2010, All Inclusive, Booked Independently