Atlantica Miramare Beach Hotel

Value: 8.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Atlantica Miramare Beach Hotel

1 2 »
Recent Visit................

"Fantastic hotel. We had a bad experience at another Paphos so called at the reception on speck, we were initally told there was no room but went on line, booked and returned within 15 minutes for room to be ready and availible?

The staff are brilliant, the rooms are big, clean high quality and very good facilities. The food is to die for and top notch, well worth going HB or FB. The drinks at the bar are a little dear, although not excessive. Presentation and service very good with added nuts with drinks etc. The hotel adjoins the sea and has shallow draft into water. Sun beds galore although odd inconsiderate guest playing music whilst sunbathing. Gym is well equipped although little air later in day. Indoor pool is a good length and not overused. Water is warm and has a jacuzzi adjoining.

Cleaners do an excellent job and mini bar and flat screen tv in rooms. All in all an excellent location to visit. A little off the main drag but close to Limmosol with a flat walk along the seafront. Lots of local attractions and the main dual carriageway across Cyprus within 4km.

• Holiday details: Apr 2012, Booked Independently
by tonybro

Be Warned!!!!!

"I had personal property stolen from my room on my first day at the hotel - obviously by hotel room service staff. The duty manager treated my complaint with rudeness & a dismissive attitude. She said, "You have no proof".

Staff wer overall not friendly at all. One has to pay 3.5 euro per day if one uses the mini bar fridge for ANY reason (spot checks done!). 2.5 euros for use of safe in room. 3.00 euro for drink of water with a meal. No tea/coffee facilities abailable in room - or restaurants other than at breakfast. Eight euro for a gin & tonic. Shampoo, soap etc not replaced in room on last two days - in case guest steals them!!

On top of all this the majority of guests are Russian & they have perfected the art of queue jumping, barging, pushing in & just being plain rude.

I have spent much time on Cyprus & the Miramare Hotel is easily the worst accommodation I have experienced.

I would never stay at the hotel again & warn others of the poor service now being supplied - due to a recent change of ownership, so I was told.

by imawunda

The holiday and the hotel was overall...

"The holiday and the hotel was overall a great success.

Food at the hotel is good and we upgraded to half board as going outside the hotel was a hassle and there were very few restaurants. If you are looking for a small bustling village with nice seaside restaurants this is not the resort for you. The food choice was varied and make sure you sit outside as the inside is like a canteen.If you sit outside it is on the beach and much more peaceful and intimate.

The rooms were kept beautifully but a couple of times we came back to find our room had not been shut so the door was open to all. When I complained, the hotel were not very helpful, infact they were actively rude and basically said no harm done as nothing was stolen!!! This is the main complaint I have!

Lots of Russians and Brits but everyone got along and the entertainment was brill.

Drinks are very expensive if not AI so go to the shop next door and buy your own and drink on the balcony. Use the minibar but put it all back for the next morning as they check and can charge you for the use of the fridge.

Beach is on the hotel grounds but beware of sea urchins.

I would go back if I had kids and would go AI but not in a rush to return to Limassol. The hotel is really nice though.

by A Ward

One of the best hotels I have ever...

"One of the best hotels I have ever stayed at. The hotel and surrounding pool areas were absolutelly spotless. With the luxury of four different pools it is an ideal place for everyone as there is plenty of space for families with children, however the other pools provide a quiter setting for couples.

The pool area with it's tasteful sunlounging furniture provides a lovely view of the beach where it is possible to see the red arrows practising their flying formations in the distance over the sea.

The food was lovely with the main dining area being transformed from a light airy breakfast room in the mornings to a classy restaurant in the evening. Lunch time snacks in the al fresco bar area were also more than adequate.

The staff were extremelly helpful and pleasant.

Limassol was a perfect central point on the island to go on day trips to other towns and cities.

by Rees

Great hotel

"Got sent to this hotel by an over-booked Mediterrean Beach Hotel and boy am I glad.

Gorgeous, huge, lovely decorated rooms, a lovely pool, delicious food day and night with exceptional buffet selection for dinner, very friendly and helpful Greek staff, though the Russian/Bulgarian staff were totally useless.

1 large circular beach bar with lovely barmen and a smaller beach bar on the other end with the gorgeous Christos.

Hotel has a lovely spa, and is on the beach - though the pebbles on the beach need to be removed as it takes a while to walk into the sea and reach only sand.

Cannot find fault other than the useless foreign staff who seem to have lost the will to live and expect the Greek staff to help them out all the time.

Met lots of other holidaymakers there from UK and some have been going back for over 30 years!!

by christobaby

Fantastic Holiday !!

"Again we were another family that was due to stay at Atlantica Oasis and only found out we were staying at the Miramare 3 weeks before we went. We were very concerned but all our worries were for nothing. After reading everyone elses reviews I think I must have stayed at a different hotel from everyone else. We booked with Cosmos and was greeted at the airport by our very own Taxi, check in at the hotel was fine and everything was explained about the All Inclusive system and we were given paperwork also explaining it. Our room was lovely - with a sea view which was a great bonus - we had maid service which gave fresh towels and sheets daily !!

We were a family of 4 with the kids being aged 7 and 5 and yes maybe the kids club wasnt the best but the two english kids reps were great and tried their hardest.

Food was lovely and we didnt eat the same thing twice - yes there was a kids corner but i thought it was great that the kids could try different things for a change. We were never made to feel 'awkward' as someone has explained because we were All Inclusive. The Pasta Restaurant was great !!

We were also there for the wedding and this really did not prove to be a problem at all and we didnt have any problems getting to the bar.

We also went out for the day and they made us a Hamper for the day - well it was huge and came in 2 full size cool bags - food was lovely but had to throw half away as there was so much !

Yes the only problem with the hotel is that is full of rude Russian who we have discovered do not have any manners !

Overall - i would ignore every negative comment as we had one of our best holidays ever! Great Hotel, great food, great staff and great weather! Fantastic !!

by spikeHertfordshire

Not A Family Friendly Hotel

"We were also unfortunate to be another family who had been transferred to The Miramare as refurbishment not completed at The Oasis.

On arrival we were given our room key, a registartion form to complete but no passports were checked. We had booked an all inclusive package but were not informed of anything at reception or given any literature regarding meal timings, pool timings, entertainment or anything for that matter. We had booked a junior suite, which was very nice and we really cannot fault the room or the room service.

The staff were not very friendly at all apart from one barman and one extremely lovely waitress called Marcela, who has been mentioned in another review. The food was nice the first week of our holiday but the hotel needs to review the hot plates at the buffet as the food was never hot, only warm. The second week, the food got slowly worse and many of the guests had to eat outside in one of the many restaurants. The Head Waiter had been informed of this but he was a complete waste of space, who tried to say Miramare was trying to reach 5 star status, he gaves us a laugh at his ridiculous statement as the hotel has a long way to go to be worthy of the 4 stars it has been given.

The final straw was the Sat 25th August when they had a Cypriot wedding in the Hotel, it was a complete farce, neither the Management or the staff were able to cope and the guests were treated very unfairly, having to eat on the terrace in the evening when it was dark and no light to see what was being offered. We complained to the PR Manageress and were given CYP£50, fruit, wine and hand made chocolates, so that was a token gesture given to us but most of the other guests were given nothing at all.

Evening entertainment was dire, apart from The Parrot Show which lasted 20 minutes and The Magic Show which lasted about 1 hour.

Overall a very nice Hotel but let down by the miserable staff, lukewarm food and lack of entertainment.

We had a good holiday thanks to some nice people we met - Annette, Doc. Reece and Tayla from Birmingham.

Hope Humpty Dumpty had a great fall.

The McKays

by McKay04

What a joke!!!!

"Miramare 12/08/07-26/08/07 nette birmingham

like most people we met we had booked the Atlantica Oasis and with less than 2 wks to go were told oasis closed for re-furb spent all day on the phone trying to get hold of our travel agent (Direct Holidays) no joy numerous e-mails they eventually called me to address my concerns, they assured me I would be getting like for like, that there was childrens entertainment and that I was getting an upgrade (woopy doo) On arrival we travelled from the airport with another 3 people in total there were 7 of us no rep on the coach and then we had to tackle Lurch on reception who I found very un helpful, he gave us no indication as to what we were entitled to as regards all-inclusive, where the restuarants were which ones we were allowed in absolutely nothing. We got to our room to find a double bed a sofa turned into a bed and a camp bed, I had booked and paid for a family room on tackling reception the folowing morning the response was "hotel fully booked " so we complained to rep who was nothing short of useless, the kiddies corner foo

d consisted only of fish fingers and chicken nuggets no chips just wedges - at best always stone cold, we got fed up eating out- we had paid for all-inclusive and everytime the staff served u they wld ask "all incl" and my god when u said yes they practically threw the drinks at you, I didn't ask to put here and they so obvioulsly didn't want us there - however the exceptions to the rule were a lovely waitress form Romanian "Marcella" and the kids club reps Heather and Ed who themselves said that there was no way this was a family friendly hotel, the service just got worse and worse and I had never been made to feel like a second class citizen because I chose to go all inclusive and with 2 small children it has always made sense to do that, the straw that broke the camels back was Sat 250807 when the hotel was catering for a Cypriot wedding 2.500 guests expected all of the hotel customers like ourselves were told u will eat on the terraces - no problem u wld think - it was pitch black and the food was being kept warm by small candle things (food being cold - nothing new) trying to get a drink from the bar on this night was equally as bad they were too busy serving the wedding guests- another night we had to eat out and the amount of hotel guests we seen - we were like refugees - complained - bascally couldn't care less we were al inc. we had paid however, a couple we had got friendly had't paid and weren't due to pay until leaving- they had wne, fruit and pretty cakes sent to their room and were also given 50 cyprot pounds to cover the cost of their meal that night - were is the justice, it is the first time i ever booked with Direct Holidays and I can assure you it will be the last - worst hotel I was ever subjected to service wise although can't knock the cleanliness and the hotel itself

Hello to Audrey, Rick and Kirsty. Always remember Humpty Dumpty x

by nettebirmingham

Disappointed

"Booked through Eclipse Direct to stay at the Atlantica Oasis , over a year in advance for a wedding party . Found out in May that hotel was undergoing refurbishments . Assured by company that our booking would be fine .8 days prior they rang to say we had to go to the Miramare and we had NO choice because of the wedding booking . We lodged a complaint but had to go as we had no time to change it . Told that this was an upgrade . Well it was not comparable at all . It was an " adult focused " hotel in their brochure and we had a child in the party . The food was repeated every 4 days and they were themed nights ( Asian , Seafood ) , if you didn't like the theme there was no alternative . Had to eat out in town at least 6 days , which was good .The entertainment was poor to say the least with extra put on for the guests moved from the Atlantica, and the best of that was a parrot show .The hotel dies around 9.30 every evening . It is popular with Russians and Cypriots are members of the spa / gym and use it extensively all weekend .As they pay you don't get a look in on the all inclusive , which the hotel don't usually offer , but had to for guests like us moved from the sister hotel Atlantica . A very disappointing holiday ."

by debs54Southampton

Disappointing Stay

"Have just come back from staying at this hotel for a week. We were originally booked to stay at the Atlantica Oasis but due to refurbishment and the hotel not being ready we were moved to this hotel. Air conditioning in our room wasn't very effective and we were in the new building.

The hotel itself and it's facilities were very good however the reception staff and their customer service was non existent and far from helpful. We were all inclusive but due to this hotel not being an all inclusive hotel we were made to feel like second class citizens for this privilege and had restrictions i.e what restaurants we could eat in and at what times. You also had to sign for everything that you ordered, every time you wanted a drink from the bar or the kids wanted ice creams.

Which brings me to the next thing; this is not a hotel for families with small children. There is a children's swimming pool but that is it. There is no playground, limited entertainment and not very much in general for small children. The general clientele of the hotel tended to be elderly. I wouldn't return to this hotel.

by Raptoroo

Loved the Miramare

"We have just returned after spending two weeks in the Miramare. We were both nicley suprised as we were booked on a allocated on arrival. We didn't reach the hotel until the early hours of the morning and driving through to the resort was very interesting. As you hit the main tourist bit there are plenty of clubs, restaurants and topless bars. We had both come out for a relaxing and quite holiday and were a bot dissapointed when we saw all this. However, the Miramara was down a side street off the main strip and much quiter. We were greeted by the receptionist who was very effcient and then a porter took our luggage to the room. The room itself was very bright and clean. Cleaned every day and beach towels could be collected from the spa room. The facilties in the hotel were very good, 2 pools one with a pool bar a gym and indoor pool and Spa. Kids entertainment was provided and evening entertainment went on in the evening, although could become a little monotonous. The highlight of the week was the legendary Paul Thomas the magician who along with his jokes, magic tricks and balloon dogs entertained both kids and adults for the evening, I myself assited Paul in one of his tricks and was very dissapointed when I didn't receive a balloon dog!

I have to say that we didn't really venture out of the resort, only to buy our water and paper fro the day and to look in the souvenir shops. We were on a half board basis and to start with it was great but there is only so much halloumi, bread, Tzatsiki and pork that one can eat and so we ate out a couple of nights. There are lots of waiters on the streets trying to entice you into the restaurants with promises of free bottles wine. We wne into two, the better one being The 'Rose Garden' just on the main street.

Overall It was a very relaxing holiday and better than I could have imagined. I would recommend the hotel to anyone and would like to go back myself....only this time maybe with a higher factor sun cream to prevent blistering on most parts of my body.

by Cate1978

Nice Friendly but in a tatty resort

"The Miramare is probably one the best of the seafront hotels in Limassol.

It is situated about 300mtrs off the main Limassol tourist strip (more on that later).

The hotel has rooms facing the sea and rooms facing the car park.

Goodness knows why anyone would reckon on saving a few pounds/dollars with a car park view would be worth it because the rooms with balconys and sea views are great.

The hotel has an original block recently refurbished and a new block next door. Beware that rooms towards the left hand side of the new block say they have a sea view but I would say the view is more of the adjoining hotels balconies, you would have to strain your head around the corner to see the sea!

We had one of these rooms to start with, it was a junior suite - very nice and spacious but even so we opted to move to a smaller room simply for the better view, it was very much worthwhile.

The hotel has a great looking sea-front restaurant that seemed always pretty empty. There's a swim up bar and seafront bar/cafe during the day where you'll find everything described as "home made" but on closer inspection you'll see it come out of a freezer in packets.

We had a couple of niggles during a 7 night stay.

Once our towels were not replaced in the room, the next day our room wasn't cleaned and on one occasion a pile of coins saved up for the internet booth went missing.

The hotel seems mainly to be frequented by Poles and Russians I certainly felt that there were only 2 or 2 British couples out of about 200 guests.

Depending on what you want from a holiday the resort of Limassol itself is pretty much a run down strip of "English" bars showing multiple soccer matches and serving local and English beers to tatooed tourists simply looking for home with warm weather. There are many clubs vying for attention which run on till 3 or 4 am.

If you want a taste of some better quality night life then you can jump on the No 30 bus for 70c to the old town sqare which is surrounded by laid back bars and tavernas with a more 'subtle taste'.

Hotel fine, clean, staff were very friendly, breakfasts were decent enough.

If I had to come to Limassol again this hotel would suit me fine, but I doubt I will visit again, that's the towns fault not the hotel.

by gst1

1 2 »

Map for Atlantica Miramare Beach Hotel Closest airport: Larnaca International (LCA) 33.3 miles

Top traveller tips for Atlantica Miramare Beach Hotel
  • by tonybro

" Take plenty of sun screen very expensive locally and dont forget trousers for evening dinner. "