Cettia Apart Hotel

hotel photo

Stayed at Cettia Apart Hotel?

Share your opinion.

Good

Service: 9.5/10
Food: 6.5/10
Value: 9.5/10
Cleanliness: 9.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Cettia Apart Hotel

« 1 2 3 4 511 »
fantastic, but dont go tattooist

"we came to cettia hotel in july 2009, overall it was a fantastic holiday, the food was good, drinks selection at the bar was crap!, entertainment was rubbish on a night, we spent most of the night pplaying cards, you had to fight for a table on a night time, BUT the staff were very friendly and hospitable, they couldnt do enough for you. The hotel was very clean and tidy all the time. During the day if you was lazing around the pool, they did all sorts, bringing round cherries and melons, every day they brought round a flannel with some ice in it for you to cool down.

However...

a word of warning, if you choose to have a tattoo done by the hotel tattooist then think twice, firstly my tattoo cost me £70 english pounds, only to fade after three days as he did not do it properly, although i went back and where very helpful in re-doing the tattoo i have since come home, and gone to a tattooist in my home town, who enlarged a photo graph of my tattoo to show me how bad it actually was, it was rough, jagged lines and again faded within what twelve weeks of gettin it done, it has cost me a further 30 pounds to have this work put right to which thank fully it now looks what it should look like.. so think twice before having a tattoo abroad the ink quality is rubbish!

Other than that a fantastic holiday, deffinatly go back.

• Holiday details: Jul 2009, All Inclusive, Booked Independently
  • Advice: planning on going back next july.
  • Activities: bus ride into the next town was good and cheap.
by meganholliday

Fantastic Holiday and Great Jewellers

"My husband and i have been to this hotel many times, and everytime we go we are greeted by extremely nice staff, The rooms are really comfortable and very clean. The food and entertainment are great. We take our grandchildren at least once a year and they love it. There is a jeweller shop in the main foyer and i have bought some beautiful jewellery for myself and my husband, and the prices are so cheap. i get all my rings chains etc cleaned for free, no hassle at all, unlike the others in town.. so if you go ask for Joseph and you are guaranteed a bargain...."

• Holiday details: Aug 2009, All Inclusive, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Fantastic friendly place
  • Activities: Caprice Restaurant, Pasha jewellers, boat trips are great
by Bebeneddie

the jewellers in the hotel

"just returned home from marmaris have been going there for the last 5 years, after staying at the grand cettia hotel,we had a really great time and defo go back there,the rooms were clean,food was good and the people were lovley.

i cant help but comment on the person who says "dont buy from the hotel jewellers" weve got to no these people from our very first visit to turkey and found them very nice people,we have brought jewellery from there shop several times and if there was a problem they would always put it right,They have even clean and repair jewellery which we have not purchased from there,i cannot emphasis enough about the service which they offer

• Holiday details: Aug 2009, All Inclusive, Booked Independently
  • Advice: dont miss out on the boat trips
by tintin87

best holiday

"first time in marmaris was best holiday ever hotel snd staff were so nice also the guys in the jewllery shop couldnt do enough for us which just made our holiday .i bought a ring from joseph in hotel shop an when i got home i got it valued they said it was worth 3 times what i had payed for it so i will be visiting joseph again.i loved the holiday so much that i have already booked for next year so roll on june...."

• Holiday details: Jun 2009, All Inclusive, Booked Independently
  • Advice: boat trip we booked in andys restraunt was best day out
by riverside1

Diamonds are forever........

"I have just returned from 2 weeks in the hotel, with my 3 teenage children. It is our 4th holiday in Marmaris in as many years and would thoroughly recommend this hotel to anyone.

The rooms were very clean and perfectly adequate, There was always hot water available, which is something I have had problems with before,

The location was perfect for us as none of us were beach lovers. Shops were close in case of need and taxis and buses in plentiful supply!

Once I had found the jewellery shop in the hotel, I was in seventh heaven.I bought some absolutely stunning diamond jewellery which was worth so much more than I paid for it.(I have since found out!) Nothing was too much trouble for Joseph or Jack. Joseph even accompanied me to the local hospital when my son became ill!!! What service!!

The hotel staff were very obliging and helpful in arranging excursions and offering advice.

Thank you all so much for a wonderful holiday....i will definitely be booking for next year.!!

I WANT MORE DIAMONDS!! JOSEPH BE PREPARED FOR ME NEXT YEAR!!!

by finacial Adviser59

JEWELLERY HEAVEN

"We went to the grand cettia in june 2009 for 2 weeks all inclusive.there was myself,my husband,2 teenage girls and our 7 year old son.lovely and clean hotel,nice food[i am a really fussy eater,but there was always something for me to eat]the usual chips,burgers,nuggets and pizza for the children most of the day.staff friendly and if we had any problems they were dealt with efficently.entertainment could do with lasting longer as some shows only lasted 20 mins....bingo every night!!!but full house prize of 150 lira.branded drinks about the same price as uk,......in reply to mrs laidler who wrote in august 2009 about the jewellery shop situated within the hotel....for your information the hotel is owned by yusefs uncle,and yes blackjack is his real brother!my husband and i spent a few thousand pounds on jewellery,i had a beautiful diamond ring that i had a problem with after i returned from turkey,we telephoned him and he sent me a replacement ring by fed ex and it was here within a week of returning!!!there service is impeccable,they dont mind you looking and not buying they are used to it.also and the biggest point to make is the jewellery we bought is worth 3 times what we paid!!!if you are tempted to buy jewellery from outside the hotel beware of what you are buying,not everyone is as honest as yusef.all in all we had a great time and thanks to all......"

• Holiday details: Jun 2009, All Inclusive, booked with Thomas Cook
  • Advice: Hot,hot hot.......................
by cupidsbow

Diamonds are forever..........

I have just returned from the most memorable holiday I have ever encountered:

Hotel first class, service excellent, food plentiful and well presented with a good variety, rooms very clean and spacious.

Staff at hotel could not have been more helpful and friendly.

If you want to go on an excursion but not too far, I would thouroughly recommend the 'lazy day boat trip'. very relaxing and great fun with beautiful scenery.

Location of hotel perfect, plenty of life close at hand and also taxis and buses in plentiful supply.

The highlight of my holiday was the diamond ring which I bought i the hotel's jewellery shop.....to die for!! When i got home i found out it was worth nearly twice what I paid for it! Thanks to the guys in the shop for the time and trouble they went to in order to

find me what i wanted. Nothing was too much trouble for them. Thank you also Joseph for taking us to the hospital when my son was ill.

I will definitely be back next year........FOR MORE DIAMONDS OF COURSE!!!

by finacial Adviser59

Tiring

"Just returned from 14 days in Grand Cettia, me, my husband & 3 kids 15,13,& 8. Accomodation clean, although had asked for pool view, which we did not get & balcony was also very tiny. Maid service was fantastic, leaving little displays on beds using towels & flower petals. overall cleanliness was brilliant. Food was good with a good choice, but not enough tables and chairs for everyone. Layout of tables in dining room all wrong. All inclusive drinks finished @ 11pm, which is too early. No free ice creams offered for kids, which most all inc hotels do. Staff very kind and extremely helpful expecially on reception desk. Be prepared to get up at 6am to get sunbed otherwise u will b sunbathing on a chair. Could do with updating pool table and also getting a couple more, not alot for kids to play on at night. Book excursions outside of hotel a lot cheaper. Overall we have really enjoyed this holiday and would recommend it. Good location for shops and Marmaris night life & markets."

• Holiday details: Aug 2009, All Inclusive, booked with Thomson
  • Advice: Very helpful people, be perpared to haggle without offending.
  • Activities: Book a boat trip, very relaxing and also jeep safari
by Aindow

fantastic holiday in a fantastic hotel

"We have just arrived home today from the grand cettia hotel all inclusive, there was myself, my husband and our 2 children aged 8 and 5 years old. When we first arrived at the hotel at 6am 24/07/09 we were pleasantly surprised by the lovely welcome we recieved from the staff at this hotel, and our luggage was taken to our room by a member of staff.

I feel that many reviews do not give this hotel justice, the food was very nice and I feel they catered for everyone of all ages, the staff cannot do enough for you and they are all very friendly and helpful. The enterainment team work extremely hard to entertain all day and night, although i feel sometimes the entertainment on an evening was not to everyones taste,but my 2 children enjoyed it so if they are happy so are we. The thomas cook kids club were great and all of the children loved to go they had chocolate parties, slumber parties etc which all of the children became good friends.

The room: was very spacious and imaculatly clean, with maid service daily.

Sunbeds: To be really honest to get a sunbed you have to be up for 6am and stay on your sunbed until 7:30 or your towels would be removed.

The slide area and pool area are also immaculate.

There is a shop in the hotel that sells crisps, sweets ice cream etc that is quite expensive, there is a shop over the road that sells the same items for less than half there price.

All in all if you want a family holiday with fun for the kids, friendly staff, nice food, clean rooms and pool area thats the place to go, there are many people did complain to other families but i can asure you they were in the minoroty, you cannot please everyone, but most of the holiday makers i spoke to, have throughly enjopyed there stay and would most definetly recommend this hotel to anyone.

by joanneb

Butlins in 50 degrees heat

"We made the fatal mistake of assuming that the wonderful reviews about this hotel were written by people with similar expectations and past holiday experiences as ourselves. Not so! I can only assume that the majority who seem to sing its praises have never had the fortune to stay in a real 4* establishment, because this wasn’t even close. I am aware that star ratings are based on facilities rather than standards, and the Cettia (sorry, but using the word Grand is a joke) did boast many, but of these were of the poorest standard that we have ever had the misfortune to experience.

Accommodation. The first impression of the rooms (we had 2 for our family) was that they were tired, but clean. We assumed that the air conditioning was broken, but in fact it was extremely inefficient throughout the entire hotel – as were the fridges in each room (and their replacements). On closer inspection, the mattress covers on two of the beds appeared to have blood stains on them, which showed clearly through the sheets. The linen was horrendous – stained, holed, and frayed, and we later discovered that the maid either didn’t change them at all, or only left a folded sheet at the foot of the bed (presumably because she was too embarrassed for it to be laid out in all its g(l)ory). I wouldn’t have even donated the towels to the local animal rescue centre because they were in such a poor state.

Pool Area. The pool area was an absolute misery. There were signs both in reception and outside about reserved sunbeds having towels removed, but this only happened if you complained enough to the one attendant that was brave enough to do it. On two occasions I did it myself, ceremoniously dumping the towels at reception in the hope that the management might start to walk their talk. The sunbeds were aligned in military rows, and there was no escaping the chain-smoking, beer guzzling families with their entourage of screaming ill-behaved kids that this hotel seemed to attract. It was impossible to even drown out the noise with the mp3 player, because as regular as clockwork the dutiful rotation of “Best of 70’s” ( 80’s and 90’s) started up from surround sound speakers at full volume; no wonder everyone had to yell! The pool was not at all big, and by 9 am it was jam-packed with lilos and kids (and ignorant adults) with water pistols and balls; swimming was not an option. The slide was closed for periods during the day, but despite the dangers, parents just laughed at their offspring as they clambered up from the bottom and ploughed down into the path of anyone who happened to be in the way. A shop selling pool toys added to the misery of the noise with the constant air pump blowing up yet more rubber rings and lilos to add to the pool; this particular location incidentally, was what we discovered to be the quietest. Unfortunately, it also attracted the daily ice-cream trolley, complete with gravelly-voiced woman yelling, “Ice cream, you scream, everyone scream” for the next hour. One good thing (there had to be one) was that most afternoons a couple of lads came round with a large basket of ice cubes and flannels to cool off with. This was far more welcome than the constantly circulating hotel’s tattoo and massage touts, who soon became as pesky as the flies on the food.

Spa. The pool in the spa area was a welcome retreat from the outside mayhem and heat. The staff were charming to the paying clients, who had decided after all that they didn’t want to risk massages from the “feeelthy men” who offered a similar service outside the hotel – that amused us for days after our initial tour of the spa! But if you wished to make use of the free facilities, then you could expect stony glares at worst and being completely ignored at best. The only downside was when the massage clients decided to dump their kids in the pool to wait for them; their idea of parental supervision, presumably.

Meals. Guests commandeered the outside tables several hours before the restaurant opened, but when it did, the gannets descended (and many were cuboid in shape, as it was!). Like the pool area, the tables in the restaurant were mostly set out in rows, with people scrambling to secure seating for their mostly (it seemed) extended families. Long lines of queues formed, and the Brits conformed whilst the Russians just shoved their way in. The food was adequate, but not good. It was repetitive, and it was quite obvious that leftovers were modified into the following day’s creations. There was a good salad selection, but the hot food was rarely anything more than warm. It was also incredible that food was left to dwindle to nothing and not be replaced, even with more than an hour to go until the end of the session. You either got there early and fought your way through, or waited until later and accepted the pickings. The outside barbeque was probably the best choice, but there was ever only one dish and you had to endure the adjacent queues of individuals who could only bring themselves to eat pizza, chicken nuggets or chips all holiday (that were frequently fingered and sneezed on by children). For £6 more you could eat at The Lighthouse Restaurant, which appeared to represent great value. However, thankfully before we booked we noted that the majority of the food came from the main restaurant and was heated up in a microwave in the middle of the restaurant before being served to unsuspecting guests. Also, there was only a small barrier sectioning you off from the “common” people.

Entertainment. Apart from the “amusing” and bizarre antics of the skinheaded (men), tattooed and pierced (men and women), scantily clad individuals (typical Brits on holiday?) swearing profusely at every opportunity, there was no entertainment as such – unless you adored Bingo. This was also quite amusing (if that’s the right word), because the same jokes were used every night, firstly by a bloke speaking English and Russian then by a bored sounding woman speaking French and Dutch (we saw no French people during our entire stay). To tell people several times per night that his favourite number is 69, the bingo caller, in my opinion, needs to seriously get a life! There seemed to be some kind of structured children’s entertainment, though. From the sunbed area at the far side from the stage (where my husband and I usually tried to find some solace), we observed a line of children disappear down some steps into a basement area (led by a bored looking member of the entertainment team), and then one by one emerge unaccompanied to run back to the crowds (presumably to try and find their inebriated parents). After the Madeleine McCann incident, we found this rather surprising, by anyone’s standards.

Area. Marmaris is a repetitive array of tat shops selling fake goods (good value, nonetheless), excursion booths, tattoo parlours, and bars pounding with loud music, all with the same thing in common – men trying to drag you in, then muttering under their breath if you decline. However, the excursions are much cheaper when booked through these people (haggling is worth the effort), and the trips are an opportunity to get away from the hotel ;)

My idea of a good holiday is to relax and be pampered in sumptuous surroundings, and for everyone to live and let live – but not at the expense of others who have a different outlook on life. This holiday was relatively inexpensive, but it was a compromise for us because we bought our teenage daughter’s best friend with us and were conscious of the cost to her parents. Something can only represent good value if it is valued, and this has to be the worst holiday we’ve had for a very long time. I can’t remember the last time I stayed anywhere where people wore beachwear for the evening meal; forget the long trousers, gentlemen, and ladies, your pretty dresses may as well stay at home at keep the luggage weight down! We stayed in a 5* hotel in Antalya last year, and the contrast between that and the Cettia was unbelievable. I can appreciate that it may be the best thing since deep fried mars bars for some people, but for us it was an experience best forgotten. I wanted to write this review, however, so that potential holidaymakers were aware of what they were letting themselves in for. In our student days we lived in hovels and appreciated the lowest common denominator in order to get a holiday. This place certainly took us back.

• Holiday details: Jul 2009, All Inclusive, booked with Thomas Cook
  • Advice: Pammakule was worth the drive.
by michelle158

Fantastic

"Went to the Grand Cettia in Marmaris and returned home last week, (very reluctently i might add),

the food was fantastic, escpecially if you like to try new things, i am vegetarian, and there was plenty for me to choose from, the kids loved have pancakes and chocolate sauce for breakfast, only thng that my partner was a little put out by was no bacon or sausage in the morning, but there are plenty of little cafes neaby if you fancy a change.

the entertainment was a bit rubbish, but again you can go out and watch in other bars around maramris,

The shops in Marmaris are fab for fake genuine clohes, and really cheap too

The staff are generaly fantastic,really nice people, (except the curly hared guy in the shop, is very misrable.)cant do enough for you, will especially miss kenny and ahmet.

The rooms are ok, and the cleaners are great, they work really hard, and even left our clean sheets in the shapes of swans with flowers spinkled all over them.

Will definently return to this hotel, best one ive ever been to.

• Holiday details: Jun 2009, All Inclusive, booked with Thomas Cook
  • Advice: go on a dolmus, so cheap and fantastic for visiting different towns nearby
by newlyweds

Best holiday ever

"Me and my family have just returned from our best holiday ever at the Grand Cetttia hotel. We have a young child at the age of 2 and he loved the holiday. The staff were excellent with him and he even began to have a little crush on Rose one of the entertainers. The hotel was spotless you could not fault it, the food was brilliant and i am really hard to please sometimes but i enjoyed it all. The weather was really hot some days in the 40's. We are alredy booking again for next year as we did not want to come home. I would definately recommend this hotel."

• Holiday details: Jun 2009, All Inclusive, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Sarahs bar at the side of the hotel is great! The staff are really nice
by kelly1

« 1 2 3 4 511 »

Map for Cettia Apart Hotel Closest airport: Dalaman (DLM) 31.7 miles
Cettia Apart Hotel photos (2 traveller photos)