Cettia Apart Hotel

hotel photo

Stayed at Cettia Apart Hotel?

Share your opinion.

Good

Service: 9.5/10
Food: 6.5/10
Value: 9.5/10
Cleanliness: 9.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Cettia Apart Hotel

« 19 10 11 »
This was a great holiday. I went with...

"This was a great holiday. I went with just my girlfriend. The Cettia had everything you could want in a hotel.

The staff were very friendly and always too happy to help. Its a relaxed atmosphere but the town centre is literally a 10minute walk away. The food was lovely and it was very cheap.

We have booked again for 2007 and we can't wait. Make sure you go on the jeep safari it's brilliant.

by N Roberts

basic hotel with friendly people

"i am a travel agent and got this hotel at a discounted rate. i would like to say for a family stay or just an easy break in the sun this hotel is ideal, there is quite alot of entertainment for the kids.

we stayed in the apartments which are very basic but kept clean daily, you could use both pools for the apartments and hotel. Half board is very basic the breakfast was awful (butter tasted rancid cant do milk abroad and the only display of fresh fruit was sliced oranges)as people wouldnt get the same deal that i recieved i would recommend self catering as it is SO cheap to eat locally, the breakfast at starbux does the best breakfast and is only across the road from the apartments. There are many cheap places to eat in this resort but I would definatly recommend getting on the dolmarsh (which is so very cheap) and going into Marmaris for something of a higher standard. Dost is a great place for steaks and seafood and further along the harbour towards the end are some other great seafood places. Turkish people will try and call you into their restaurants but just remeber this is their main income and the way they make a living.

Marmaris doesnt have good beaches so best to have a day excursion if you want to see a beautiful be

Management response from cettiaapart, 11 Sep 2009

Dear sir/madam First of all i would like to thank you for your helpful website for us which all comments give a change to increase the value of our hospitality. As cettia apartment manager me and my crue start to manage cettia apart hotel since 2007 and make every effort to ensure our guests receive the friendly and attentive service synonymous with Cettia Apart. Replaced all furnitures, doors, covered carpet for bedrooms , covered parquet for living rooms and kitchen , replaced curtains and started to new hospitality sympathy with new appearance. becouse of these we would like to see omments since 2007 on our tripadvisor page. so we can evaluate our secces. thank you for your co-operatin. kind regards salim akçay resort manager

by lea1

Just come back from second trip to...

"Just come back from second trip to Club Cettia Apartments and am trying to book to go again in October. The apartments are very basic, but being self catering its not a big deal. The staff are fantastic and entertained us all day long.

Ozzie the photographer is great with the kids, and is pretty cute himself! Unfortunately he was already taken by another nutty English girl (who he showed me a picture of and she is lovely), so I didn’t have much luck there.

Anyway, it was a great holiday and I will definitely be going back.

by A Brown

We had a fantastic time in Turkey and...

"We had a fantastic time in Turkey and will definitely be returning again. We booked after reading all the reviews and after being there found most of them to be very accurate.

We promised to make a special mention to the staff we had great service from the Castle Bar, which is next to the apartments. It was great to go and get a great meal and friendly service, which our two girls, (renamed Kezban and Ella Bella) always wanted to go to. In particular Mustafa (Moustouche) as he wasn't mentioned in any other of the reviews. They were all great, thanks Alex, Jimmy, Tommy, Ismail and the other bar staff.

Turkey is very friendly and like many holiday destinations are asked to come and see there menus and great offers at each one you pass. There is a "No hassle" policy throughout the whole resort with big posters publishing it, however and we were never unduly bothered throughout our stay.

The Hotel was adjacent and directly above the apartments as the whole site was built on a fairly steep hill. The Hotel is definitely more towards 4 star and the apartments only 2 or 3 in our opinion, having said that I would definitely choose the apartments again as they were kept very clean by the very friendly maid and the whole atmosphere was better than that at the hotel.

The pool was great for the kids but there wasn't a shallow end, 6 ft throughout which was great for our girls but not quite as good for those just learning to swim. There was a small circular kids pool next to it however.

The staffs were friendly but were under strict instructions from the management that food and drink should not be brought down to the poolside and that it would be taken away by them if you did.

Money exchange was easy at any of the Restaurant bars (Castles, Elvis etc), and was at a better rate than the hotel. £ sterling was very welcome by everyone and many shops would advertise in £'s i.e. 3 towels £10, 4 t-shirts £10 etc.

Getting into Marmaris centre was easy on the Dolmus, only 1 lira each wherever you need to go and can flag one down to stop for you and drop you off wherever you want on route. You need the blue number 3 for travel to and from the apartments.

Managed to get a great deal on the brilliant Aqua Dream park, 60 Liras for two adults and two children including pick up and delivery from apartments. This was from one of the may travel "stand" operators on the street (Timo Tours is about quarter of a mile down the road to the right of the apartments) and has a pleasant English-speaking sales person), just down the road from the apartments. All other excursions could also be bought and whilst not wishing to do the JMC reps out of there monies, (Kerry was great by the way) trips worked out far cheaper by booking it off-site. Having said that the Jolly Roger Cruise we booked via JMC was great and had the added value of having the Kids Club reps on board to keep the children amused.

Our girls 7 and nearly nine enjoyed the kids club which was based in an air-conditioned room in the hotel but they are now getting to the stage of being bored in them and preferred to stay with us and keep themselves amused with the other friendly children. Kezia and Ella say hello to Amy, Daniel and Sam by the way. The apartments have a good Ege bar and free use of Pool table and table football for the children.

Hair braiding is very popular and the hotel has a beauty/spa and hairdressers but is much more expensive than the barbers just down the road (right out of the apartments). We paid 70 lire £about £32) for 2 girls whole heads braided. The hotel charges 120 for one!

The weather was great - in the 40s - and we liked the fact it was really hot, apparently reported up to 53 degrees one day, but as it was fairly dry heat the kids never complained once. 40 degrees sounds unbearable but it is quite manageable if you're near a pool or shade.

All in all a great, relaxing two weeks away.

by Tony Hall

We have only just come back form...

"We have only just come back form Cettia Apartments a week ago and I'm wishing I could go back. We went 4 years ago and enjoyed Marmaris and Cettia just as much then.

We took my 16 year old daughter and her friend; they were entertained by the waiters - especially trying to push them into the pool. On an evening there was always entertainment - Russian dancers, Male belly dancer (who got me up to help him!!) singing duo - who were brilliant and so much more.

In my opinion the waiters and staff made it so much more enjoyable. The was a mini disco on an evening for the little ones and the waiters would also come and join in with the dancing or singing.

We went over the road Star Bux cafe for a few meals (cooked especially for the British market) and made friends with the owners. All in all I would go back again, the weather, the Cettia staff and waiters just made it perfect. Benjy had a little shop within the complex.. He was so happy to see everyone and also made an effort to come over and speak.

by  D Waite

The staff at the hotel were excellent...

"The staff at the hotel were excellent especially Dennis and Ash but this couldn’t save the hotel as our fortnight was ruined by the food in the restaurant.

The hotel catered more for German, Dutch and Russian tastes and although we were all inclusive we ate out at Cousins, Elvis and anywhere else as the food was far better than the hotel. At 11 00 the all inclusive ended and the drinks were 3.5 lira for less than a half pint.

The facilities are good though the pool area is clean and the staff are constantly mopping up water at the side of the pool but at the water slide they allowed the owners two sons who were about 10 or 11 to rule the slide and there were a lot of accidents, one including my 6 year old son who needed treatment which cost £60.

Finally two Russian girls were selling themselves openly and nothing was done. This however has not put me off Marmaris, it is superb!

by J Peddie

We have just come back after having a...

"We have just come back after having a lovely time. The apartments themselves are basic having a microwave, hotplate and fridge. The maid cleaned the apartment everyday and was always helpful. If anything had to be repaired it was done that day. The staff were lovely with the children nothing was to much.

We ate out nearly everyday going to the castle right next door to the apartments or going to apex which is opposite cousins, both of these restaurants are so friendly and with really good food especially the English breakfast at the apex. Don't fall for it when a restaurant says buy one get one free as they have put the price on the first drink.

For the tours go to Arty and Steve the first one you come too on the left hand side they are polite, very friendly and cheaper than your tour operator.

To change your money go to the supermarket over the road you will get more for it than in the hotel.

by  G Eaton

This was a fantastic holiday! There...

"This was a fantastic holiday! There was plenty to do and that stands for adults and children. This was a very friendly place to stay, the staff were fantastic with the children. The food was enjoyable and very cheap!

The pool was very clean and also the pool areas. The rooms were very nice with AC, shower, microwave, hot plate, kettle etc. If you have children, the kids club is excellent! The kids loved it!

Highly recommended! Go see Benjy!

by  T J Pycroft

Would love to return!

"Travelled here end of June 06 for a week, 3 girls aged 22-23. What can I say .. we absolutely loved it .... the apartments themselves were fine, basic and just what we needed, kept nice and clean and air conditioning was a blessing!!

We're not ones for staying in the complex all holiday but it was unavoidable here, the waiters and entertainment staff made us laugh so much and made us feel so welcome .. a special mention to Tom (entertainment manager) and Engin (the local lotherio waiter! ha ha) who took us out and showed us the places to go as we had no idea the good clubs to go to ...

Also made us feel very welcome in the complex at night time, the atmosphere was just wicked, guests mixing together in the bar etc rather than keeping themselves to themselves ....

Keep aware of the 'guest relations' girls/women though .... if they take a disliking to you they'll try and cause trouble .. apparently this is quite known within the staff ...

All in all we were gutted to be leaving after a week, could've stayed there the whole summer ... I've never laughed so much in one week in my life!!

Just be aware of venturing into town as you do get hassled quite a lot by shop keepers/restaurant owners etc ... they don't realise that you can't talk to them all so smile and continue walking ....

I'd love to go back here, mainly for the staff that made our holiday what it was !!

by A TripAdvisor Member

This is the best holiday I have been...

"This is the best holiday I have been on in my life of which I can remember. The staff at the reception, bar and everywhere else around the hotel and apartments were extremely nice and made my stay more enjoyable then ever. I found the whole hotel etc very clean.

They staff at the bar near the pool were so fun to be with and talk to throughout your stay. The entertainment that is put on by the pool is great to sit and watch or even join in to when you feel like it.

There is plenty of things to do for the children including a kids club which consists of a sleep over party till midnight which gives you plenty of time to get away without the kids. You are made to feel so welcome from the moment you are dropped off at the doors and by the end of your stay the staff will have become like a big family to you I know because they did to me.

Thank you to all at JMC and Cettia.

by Millie Larder

I traveled to Marmaris alone with my...

"I traveled to Marmaris alone with my son and daughter aged 14 and 11 years for a two week holiday. We all had a great time. We had a 1 bed roomed apartment which was basic but was kept very clean by the maid every day. One thing that did annoy me was that you had to buy your own toilet rolls as they only left you 1 roll. There is a small supermarket to the front of the apartment. The staff at the apartments are all friendly especially around the pool. We ate out every night I would recommend Elvis', Sarah's and Cousins just a short walk away.

The waterslide went down well with my two. We used to walk into the centre of Marmaris which took us about 15 minutes walking slowly. There's a dolmus stops right outside the Apartments which takes you into Marmaris for 1 lira per person. I would recommend going on the Jeep Safari and a Boat Trip we all had a great time. We also met a lot a lovely people during our stay.

You do get quite a bit of pestering from the Turkish but after a couple of days you get used to it. I would definitely go back to Marmaris but probably to another hotel closer to the action and as we usually go All Inclusive.

by  A Constantine

oceans 11

"My friends and I (all eleven of us) had an absolutely wicked time. if you are planning a holiday to Marmaris prepare yourself to meet the locals with an understanding that not all of them are from Marmaris and that the summer season is their major earning oppurtunity. Once you have grasped this you will find it easier to forgive their forwardness and eagerness to help you spend your money.

The staff at the hotel were very friendly and always very polite, even when faced with dealing with the eleven of us. Poolside was a bit predictable and repetitive, however this did not deter us or other holidaymakers (you know who you are) from having a great time.

Thankyou xx 'cowboy'

Management response from cettiaapart, 11 Sep 2009

by A TripAdvisor Member

« 19 10 11 »

Map for Cettia Apart Hotel Closest airport: Dalaman (DLM) 31.7 miles
Cettia Apart Hotel photos (2 traveller photos)