Holiday Resort Unity

Good

Service: 7.5/10
Value: 7.5/10

1 2 »
Late night noise and foul language not acted upon

"There were three nights where we were prevented from sleeping through due to alcohol fueled travelers as well as totally inconsiderate campers both playing very loud music and shouting obscene language. Having advised the staff at the camp, they promised things would be done and absolutely nothing was delivered and the problems continued.

It was very frustrating the security staff wouldn't even get out of their comfortable cars at night to resolve the problems.

• Holiday details: Aug 2014, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Book somewhere else and use there facilities if you want to consider the evening entertainment.
by Dave T

holiday

"Stayed at holiday unity park the one thing I did not like was all the horses mess everywhere people moan about dog mess so they should get someone to clean it up not nice seeing it all over the walkway to the swimming pool.children are raining around so please do some think about it thank you"

by Gillian D

discrimination !!

"Went to book a 2 night stay camping this bank holiday may 24/25/ only to be told I have to stay a minimum of 3 nights now as I work as a postman and have to work the bank holiday Saturday this is not possible."

• Holiday details: May 2014, Booked Independently
  • Advice: dont go
by Mark F

They don't really care

"Having booked through the sun we got the dates we wanted for mid may back in February.When I later phoned to say we were including a dog we were told we have to pay an extra £35 for the privalige. After asking about an upgrade for a further £15 was told that there were no upgrades available on unity but if I wanted to I could upgrade to golden sands.I replied no to this as we were travelling with my son and his family and they were also booked on the park.i was then told we were booked onto unity. On arrival at the park we were told that we were not on unity but golden sands and my son and his family were on the leisure park next to unity.I was told that if I wanted to stay on the park it would cost me £109 extra.We paid for passes that we never used and found a karaoke bar nearer to our site where I later found had cheaper drinks and food.Only decent thing about this place was John the security guard who was very helpful.Been to a few sites through the sun but this place is definitely off my list next time."

• Holiday details: May 2013, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Find somewhere else to stay
by Boriski

Fantastic value,as good as it looks

"First time we have visited Holiday Unity..holiday 1 week 10 to 17 August 2012..We used to visit Pontins for 3 years,,very damp/broken dirty chalets,,lots of people complaing while we were at pontins..So We decided to go on a UNITY holiday...Caravan was Excellent,clean n tidy..the staff were realy friendly,and happy to be helpful..Unity look after from start,,during,,and up to the end of your Holiday..A Breath of Fresh Air to have a holiday with a Company that Cares about your Holiday from Start..to..Finish..Excellent...WE have also wrote a personal letter to Alan House to thank him for the way his staff treat his customers...10/10..And yes we will come back again next year.."

• Holiday details: Aug 2012, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Enjoy the evening entertainment they offer-RJs,,Tavern,,Swimming complex is Family orientated 10/10
by Leona J

caravan owner from hell

we booked this caravan direct with the owner through the internet, we needed a van for a couple of nights to go and pay our respects to our Dad that died last year 27/07/11 and his ashes are scattered in brean, we 1st experienced problems when the owner of van 116 said we booked it for 3 people, which we had not, then she texted a couple of times to tell us to make sure it was clean,we always leave as we expect to find, ok the caravan is dated and seen better days, and we were a bit disappointed at a cost of £200 for 2 nights plus £45 for passes which we had no intention of using, but thought we'd make the best out of the situation, on returning to the van on the 1st evening, we turned the bedroom light on and it blew the fuses, we tried the consumer box but to no avail, we ended up having to text the owner who even then tried to imply we had done something wrong.... the outside box had fused and maintainance got it sorted, on our day of departure we cleaned the van so it was spotless, washed the table cloth because i had spilled a small amount of coffee on it,(these things do happen) and really we expected to have trouble just because of the way she had seemed to be, i was going to take photos as we left and thought don't be silly, but now wish i had..since returning we have had a very heated call to my diabled mother stating we had put 2 cigarette burns in the table cloth, none of us smoke and i know there was not, there were 2 marks on it that would not wash out and as far as we knew they were there before, we would willingly buy a new one if we had done it,but will not be spoken to in such a manner she has verbully chastised my mother over the phone, especially when my mom is still grieving and we would not rent this caravan again if it were the last 1 in brean, so Lisa caravan owner we know the truth..why lie???????? the site itself is good just watch who you book with

• Holiday details: Jul 2012, Booked Independently
by delw009

Fab Location

"Unity is in such a good location,lots to do,beach nearby,lots of places on the park and in local area to dine out or purchase food.

Caravan was superb,very clean on arrival,beds made up,welcome pack and even a welcome visit to check we were happy with our accomadation.

Everyone was friendly,we were made to feel welcome and lots of good quailty entertainment on site

we will be visiting again very soon !

• Holiday details: Aug 2011, Room Only, Booked Independently
by sue24sunshine

attacked on holiday from hell

"While on a camping trip we stayed at unity farm,2 adults and 1 child.On the 2nd day we was encouraged to use the leisure park fairground by means of ten percent discount/also a free train bus ride.While at the park my husband and child was cornered on awater ride causing distress to my child.When the gang of youths came off they shouted abuse at myself also assaulted me,when my husband got off they assualted him,the ride attendant called for help as my husband was bleeding heavely.Next thing 1 security man came called himself a manager he was aged in his 60s he refused to call the police there was no first aiders at the fairground he just told us to leave,he then went off talking and joking with the 10youths.

We left,went back to our tent,we then spoke with Alun House director of unity we were told it had nothing to do with them and we welcome to leave if we wasnt happy ,he was very callous and abrupt and stated they have never had trouble on the site before.At 4pm my husband went to see him for a refund as we had paid 379pound for 10 days,Alun House had left a message we was to be charged 2 nights regardless we had only spent 1 night there he said the incident happened after 10 am that day.

It was the worse time of our life,and i couldnt believe the attitude of the owner,we are still seeking advice on no security no first aiders on a fairground park.this is illegal.

• Holiday details: Jul 2011, camping, Booked Independently
  • Advice: go to beachcomber hotel near beach farm ,brilliant there.
by mim

our stay at golden sands

"We have just come back from goden sands hoiday park a partner in unity farm in brean. When we arrived at ou caravan we were pleased to find it nice and clean almost new inside . The resot was very quiet and relaxing and near to the beach myself and partner dont have children. We visted rjs club every nite which was not that ays bad compared with others we stayed atit was just for a weekend but we enjoyed it we are both from a carribean background and we were made to feel very welcomed apart from one man who wanted to take ou picture to prove to his mate that black people do go on caravan holidays . overall itwas a great break we even went horse RIDINGon the beach. WE STAYED FROM THE 10TH TO THE 13TH SEPT 2010"

• Holiday details: Sep 2010, CARAVAN, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Yes
by shortman

Holiday resort from hell,

"We arrived at resort to find our caravan was still being cleaned an hour later they gave us the key. At the night we went to rjs the club on site to be told we could not take our three week baby in the club because she was in a pram. the bald doorman was very rude and told us to take it up with the reception. .once in the club there were no seats we stood for an hour then left and went to a really friendly children place called the seagull cheaper than rjs and places to sit with better entertainment. Unity farm is a joke we warned dont go its terrible."

by 13warhead

Unity Farm- Kids loved it

"We went to Unity Farm during Easter Half term.

We arrived after booking a "Sun Hoilday" wasnt sure what to expect but plesantly surprised our caravan was lovely, decking outside with table and chairs. So much storage inside powerful shower, warm at nights. TV, large fridge/freezer, microwave, toaster. Nothing missing from the kitchen at all! (This was only a basic caraven, so the other must be much nicer!)

We had evening passes, the evening entertainment wasnt that great I thought it was either for Young children (under 5's) then straight onto adults with cabaret /bands etc.

They had a aracde with mini bowling(£2 pp) pleantly of shops on site( we used tesco at Burnham on sea).

You can hire go-karts to travel aroud the site the kids love this, they have a play park.

Brean theme park is next door, very pricy £18.99 for a wrist band or £16.99 if you are staying at unity Farm. You also have 2 hours of swimming free everyday(we didnt use this as so busy doing other things)The pool loked packed most the time and is quite small.

Places to eat:There was a chip shop we used this once on an evening and it wasnt very nice. RJs is the main clubhouse and start food from 7pm-10pm which was ok and they have a takeaway menu! The prices was fair and good portion size.

We spent most our days sightseeing, and only used RJ's in the evenings. There are other bars and places to eat but we didnt use them.

If you have your own transport they are so many places to eat down the road or further afield.

One night we ate at a Two for one pub on the main road as you come out of unity- again this was ok food, but I wouldnt eat there again! lol We tried getting in at the Hungry horse twice but it was full.

• Holiday details: Apr 2009, Self Catering, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Wookey Hole, Chedder Caves, Brean Lesuire Park
by XHoneyBeeX

Lovely, very clean large vans with...

"Lovely, very clean large vans with DVD player and most basic kicthin wear.

Staff were very helpful after we arrived last minute after a terrible experience in a nieghbouring site!

Good amenities on site though the soft play area is no longer open. Very close to beach which was clean and safe for kids. A brillaint inventive outdoor pay area on site.

I would stay there again should we visti that area again. My only reason for not giving 10 was mattress on bed s VERY hard and soft play closed which was a shame for my 3 yo.

by  A Bonner